Our Sponsors

Day 2 of the club championship on the harder 18 of our 27 holes.  I struggled with my putter and couldn't seem to make a putt.  On the back side, had 6 straight bogeys, before finally making par on 18.  82 for the day...  2 day total:  Gross +15, Net +1

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Played a decent round today.. Front 9 was good, a few mistakes, but kept it steady, 3 birdies in a row in the middle and just missed the 4th nibbling on the edge.

Back 9 was sloppy.. Made 3 doubles that there was really no reason too.  Missed alot of putts on the edges, which is ok. I was happy with the stoke all day even if I missed. 

Need to remind myself what was good on the Front 9 and carry it to the back

SmartSelect_20200815-204301_GHIN.jpg

• Like 8

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

Currently Testing:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Golf Thoughts - just wanted to share!

3 steps and a mindset for improved play:

1.  Know your game (fitting is the perfect start) - play your game. Don’t press to do what others do. 

2. Focus on simplification of play (refuse to compound errors) fairways and greens in as few shots as possible - no need to be a hero. 

3. Press hard creating a superb short game. 

~Mindset (patience - allow it to happen)

If you are struggling, You are simply pressing because you need some “definitives”.  Get a fitting, know your ball flight, know your capabilities. 

That way you aren’t “trying to find” something. You just rinse and repeat - praise the monotony of boring golf. 

I say that because “trying harder” is actually a negative. Your best swings will always be your practice swings - why? - BC you aren’t worried about the practice swing. 

• Like 2

Iron specs (7.0 X-Stiff/Standard L/L)

Driver specs (9.5*/X-Stiff)

right-handed

Huntsville, AL

H.I. +1.5

This has been the hardest year for me to gauge my game since I began playing about 20 years ago.
First an elbow injury that put me on the shelf for 6-7 weeks, and the entire the entire covid situation limited both my play and practice.
The biggest factor however was just not being able to concentrate or even enjoy the few rounds I did get to play because my mom had gotten really sick just after the holidays. I live 700 miles away from my family, and I was back and forth for weeks at a time trying to do what I could to help her, and be of assistance to my two sisters.
God finally took her 2 weeks ago, and yesterday was the first day I felt up to posting again. I’m stuck up here on Long Island until Sunday because of the quarantine travel ban  thing between SC and NY without my clubs, because I had no desire to bring them or play.
Each day I feel a little better, and am just starting to feel an urge to really start playing again when I get back home. I’ll probably dive in head first, playing even more than I normally would, just in an attempt to keep my mind occupied.
Why am I telling all of you this?
In a way it’s to thank you. This place is wonderful, and I appreciate the friendly way everyone here interacts with others. So many other sites are very different. I told you I hadn’t posted in a while, but I can’t tell you how many nights the last few weeks I’ve read this thread and the what are you buying one. They helped take my mind off things and even gave me a few smiles during a very hard time.
Thanks for that.

So sorry for your loss, GS. As a baby boomer, I have lost both my parents. I just hope that your family sticks together and continues life with each other, albeit, 700 miles apart. I am glad you are a part of the MGS community. This forum provides more than just help on your golf game. We have “certified” clergy on board to help when you need it. Now get out there and play some go.f.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Tour Edge Exotics EXS(11.5*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 5

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Shot a 43/42:85 yesterday and got paid for my only birdie, on the Par4 #18. Popped my 3 Wood to within 142 yards of the pin, then struck my 6 iron like a rocket to about 31 feet, finishing with a downhill slider into the cup! Great way to finish the round!

• Like 7

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

UGH!  Final day of the club championship today and I have an 11:40 tee time with a forecast of 104 degrees today.  Going to be a brutal day on the links.  Planning on wearing white shirt, wide brim hat, carry plenty to hydrate with, a cooler with ice, and a cooling towel to wrap around my neck to stay comfortable enough to give it my best.  I am in 6th place for the over 65 group and, while I have no expectations of finishing top dog gross, I have a fairly decent chance of ending up with low net if I can play well today.  Of course, there's always the wild card that I can't control and that is if one of the high handicap players shoots very well.  That's the problem being an 8 handicap --- not good enough to compete against the scratch golfer and not enough handicap to beat the high handicappers at the net game.  Oh well.  It's my favorite tournament of the season and I always enjoy it, regardless of how well or how poorly I might play.  Today, I'm paired with good friends and, heat aside, look forward to an enjoyable afternoon.  Looking to go low today!  😄 News at eleven!

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

UGH!  Final day of the club championship today and I have an 11:40 tee time with a forecast of 104 degrees today.  Going to be a brutal day on the links.  Planning on wearing white shirt, wide brim hat, carry plenty to hydrate with, a cooler with ice, and a cooling towel to wrap around my neck to stay comfortable enough to give it my best.  I am in 6th place for the over 65 group and, while I have no expectations of finishing top dog gross, I have a fairly decent chance of ending up with low net if I can play well today.  Of course, there's always the wild card that I can't control and that is if one of the high handicap players shoots very well.  That's the problem being an 8 handicap --- not good enough to compete against the scratch golfer and not enough handicap to beat the high handicappers at the net game.  Oh well.  It's my favorite tournament of the season and I always enjoy it, regardless of how well or how poorly I might play.  Today, I'm paired with good friends and, heat aside, look forward to an enjoyable afternoon.  Looking to go low today!   News at eleven!

Keep the faith, and hydrate.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

UGH!  Final day of the club championship today and I have an 11:40 tee time with a forecast of 104 degrees today.  Going to be a brutal day on the links.  Planning on wearing white shirt, wide brim hat, carry plenty to hydrate with, a cooler with ice, and a cooling towel to wrap around my neck to stay comfortable enough to give it my best.  I am in 6th place for the over 65 group and, while I have no expectations of finishing top dog gross, I have a fairly decent chance of ending up with low net if I can play well today.  Of course, there's always the wild card that I can't control and that is if one of the high handicap players shoots very well.  That's the problem being an 8 handicap --- not good enough to compete against the scratch golfer and not enough handicap to beat the high handicappers at the net game.  Oh well.  It's my favorite tournament of the season and I always enjoy it, regardless of how well or how poorly I might play.  Today, I'm paired with good friends and, heat aside, look forward to an enjoyable afternoon.  Looking to go low today!   News at eleven!
As Harvey Penick would say, when conditions are tough, make sure to take your time. An extra few seconds to catch your breath or look at a shot could be all the difference today. Play well!

Take Dead Aim

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, MattF said:

Shot a stinky 91, but there's a good reason. I had too many shots I needed a 9 iron for and this happened on the 2nd tee.

481156741_9iron2.jpg.c17a718aff56ae69aa22d59be4f5b067.jpg783695121_9iron.jpg.e2a3a908c8acc0fa1dfb4dc1a30dd627.jpg

Nooooooo. Anything happen or just random break?

• Like 4

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

23 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

..tends to play fairly slow, and we were paired up with an older couple who were also quite slow, so I think the long day and the heat as the day went on contributed to the collapse...

Yeah same things get to me, too ... I like to walk and really there's only soooo much standing around that a person can do before starting to lose your rhythm and focus..... 

But otoh it's a "good" complaint to have .. especially these crazy daze........

• Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Played a round today with @Thin2win. Really good golfer, there is a lot I can learn from his game.

Had the best ball striking day of the season and shot a 99. When I struggle with my irons, I usually have a two way miss, either low and left or an out of nowhere big push right. Today, my iron shots had a much higher trajectory with a good amount of spin, to the point where my short irons landed on the green and then stopped in its tracks. 

Lag putting wasn't so good, needs some work. 

Driver was mostly good, had a few pulls off the tee, which I hate, and then a few skied balls. But also had some nice drives as well. I tend to swing out of my shoes these days with driver, which I probably should calm down on. I'm not a huge hitter like some of you guys, but I hit it far enough that I don't need to swing out of my shoes.

Chris is a great guy!!  He put up with my play last year in Spokane and this year in Spokane and Circling Raven in Idaho.  I wish I had his length off the tee; my game would be so much better.  

Glad you two had a great time.  I'll have to make it over there one of these days.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Saturday was so-so.  Shot 82 with 2 doubles; just lost my focus and made a couple bad swings.  We teed off at 9:15 and it was already hot; right at 100º when we finished.

Today was better, but still had a double.  My wife and I played with one of the ladies we play with quite a bit, but her husband was out of town so she brought her uncle.  It was his first time out playing this year.  Play was slower than I like, and I got off to a bad start.  

Shot 77.   +6 on the front nine for a 43, but shot -1 on the back nine... 34.   Best nine hole score on the back nine in several years; all pars and one birdie.  I also lipped out a birdie putt on one of the two holes I need for the 2020 Birdie Challenge.  Grrrr.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

40 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Nooooooo. Anything happen or just random break?

Just random. The ball went 151 yards pin high left and the head went about 50 yards centre right.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

4 minutes ago, MattF said:

Just random. The ball went 151 yards pin high left and the head went about 50 yards centre right.

Sooooo birdie?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Final hole of a Nassau today and my partner and I get a stroke off the other two. I skied my 3W right and had to punch out to a lay up area as I could not get to the green from my lie. I then took a full swing on my Zipcore 58* (70 yd from Pin) Landing it short, about 20’ from the pin. One of my opponents (Hcap 1) was lying 2 just off the green and drilled a birdie! So my partner said that they wouldn’t win if I drilled my putt. They all laughed then I drilled it 20’ uphill into the cup. Game Over! No blood on the last 6 hole nassau.

Shot a 41/45:86 today with 3 penalties and no birdies.

• Like 6

38-38 76 today -

Learning the D7’s and hit several really nice iron shots with them including 5 irons. I’m a solid 1/2 club longer than with my G30’s.

Hit some squirrelly ones and it took a few holes to settle into driver lofted down but as I settled in I made 3 birdies

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them