Our Sponsors

Another 81 after putting together a nice 39 on the front, though needing a couple birdies to get that done just not able to keep it together on the back, closing in 42. Driver was a bit all over the place, but working on some swing changes so it was to be expected. Onto the next one.

• Like 7

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Rickp said:

Don’t know how you got out today. Rain all night and today.

... Funny how that works. We would gladly give up several days of golf for some rain. This is the driest I can remember courses and our homes/gardens/trees in a long time. I don't care about the grass but the trees need water. We are just in a pocket where rain has fallen 20 miles north or south of us but we have gotten zero rain. After the wettest May in history we are paying for it now.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

This has been a week long streak of rain here. Unusual, at least for me in last 8 years without a tropical storm or more.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Hacked it around for 89.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

------------------------------

Driver:  :cleveland-small: Classics XL 10.5 - Miyazaki Tour Issue 6 S-flex

Fairway:srixon-small: f65 15* - Miyazaki Kaula Mizo 5 R-flex

Hybrid:Hogan: 18* - Proforce V2 Stff

Irons:Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW - UST Mamiya Recoil 780 F4

Wedges:Hogan: Equalizer 50 Recoil F4, 56 and 60 with KBS Tour 90 Stiff

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red Sightline - double-bend black steel 34"

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Sorry to hear about your friend, and glad she is better now.  

My wife got heat stroke on a 4th of July party many years ago and still has problems when the temps get above 100.  One time during a golf tournament at the Marriott Starr Pass in Tucson in July, she was riding with a friend of ours when we came off a green and the route to the next tee crossed a street.  The clubhouse was 1/2 block down the street, and she said that he could take her to the clubhouse now, or call an ambulance on the next tee.  They went to the clubhouse.  Another trip to Phoenix we played TPC Scottsdale in July.  She made it to the clubhouse, but was sick for a couple of hours after.  She has to be very careful.

We have already started talking about how this heat stuff is now going to affect my friend and we need to watch out for her.

• Like 6

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

37 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Question:  Does that flamingo stay on your golf cart permanently?  It wouldn't make it through a tunnel on our course.

I assume you're asking about the cart flamingo in my profile photo. Luckily we don't have any tunnels. No, that flamingo is long gone. We had a cart decorating contest along with our Flamingo Tournament (we won!). We did drive it throughout the tournament but a low tree limb close to the end caught the neck and demolished it.

We have fun decorating our carts for special events. Like every Christmas we have a night time lighted cart and old car parade through the neighborhoods that surround our course. It's fun, a fire truck leads us blowing the horn and I hang off the back of our cart to throw candy to the kids. One hard and fast rule, nothing can be attached in a way that is permanent or damages the cart.

I'm not a super serious golfer, but I have a super great time with our golf community - club, course and neighborhood.

• Like 8

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

1 hour ago, artful_golfer said:

Yes, she is ok. They got her cooled and hydrated; then ran a bunch of tests to make sure everything checked out. Sent her home last night with instructions to not go outside for a few days. We missed her not being able to play with us today. She's always there.

I'm glad to hear she's ok and taking care of herself. I hope she's able to tee it up with your group before too long. Thank you for the update!

• Like 3

We had our annual Ryder cup style event this weekend.

Made 8 birdies over 2 days and won my singles match 2 up. Halved the 4 ball.

Also had 4 doubles. Ugh. Tidy up some loose swings and short misses and I shoot 68/69.

• Like 8

Driver -   Ping G400 9° Project X HRZDUS Yellow Handcrafted 65 S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

3 Iron - :srixon-small: Z585  TTDG IT S400 1° flat

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

We have already started talking about how this heat stuff is now going to affect my friend and we need to watch out for her.

Gotta be careful, after moving to FL learned about heat exhaustion quickly

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, artful_golfer said:

We get 100-112º days in the summer but low humidity.  My wife  quit playing on hole #7 of her ladies league a couple of weeks ago because she was "feeling it".  She stays hydrated and keeps those cooling towels with her on the course, but it still happens.

For many years I had professional meetings every July in Phoenix, Tucson, Palm Desert, Las Vegas, Orlando, and Naples, FL.  We always played golf when we went, so the heat has always been a concern for her.

Your friend will be very susceptible from now on.  If your friend starts to feel it, she needs to stop and get cool immediately.  

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 8/29/2020 at 2:47 PM, Kenny B said:

Well, I'm glad I saw this before posting my round today.  I could have been a whiner, but "taking a beating like a man ( @tony@CIC) sounds better to me.

I chipped in for birdie on hole #1 then posted an 88 with 3 doubles and a triple.  Tomorrow will be better.

I think I should start whining.  OK, today was better... if you call 87 better than 88.  Nothing good happened today, but nothing really bad either; only one double. Seemed like I was always scrambling to make a par... and didn't.

I think I need a break.

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We get 100-112º days in the summer but low humidity.  My wife  quit playing on hole #7 of her ladies league a couple of weeks ago because she was "feeling it".  She stays hydrated and keeps those cooling towels with her on the course, but it still happens.

For many years I had professional meetings every July in Phoenix, Tucson, Palm Desert, Las Vegas, Orlando, and Naples, FL.  We always played golf when we went, so the heat has always been a concern for her.

Your friend will be very susceptible from now on.  If your friend starts to feel it, she needs to stop and get cool immediately.  

As someone who lived in Arizona for the better part of 3 years. Hydration hydration hydration. Especially if the water is cold, it can be a life saver. My record was 5 water bottles on the course and a 6th in the car.

Played twice after my 35.

Had to find out if it was the barefeet that made the difference from that under par round. I played another 9 barefoot at our sister course Thursday and started bogey bogey. After that, I was even coming in. Other than a ball in the water on an island green and a follow up birdie after driving the green on a par 4, they were almost all tap in pars.

Played up a tee box from the usual blues at my home course and started with 45 on the front . Rallied on the back for a 40 to break 90 for the first time this year. The 85 is more than a good score, it's more a reflection of how far I've come over last 2-3 months I'd say up until last year I was flipping my wrists and relying on great timing which lead to a lot of great rounds and a lot of really poor rounds. After a lesson plus an informal lesson this summer, my game is now more consistent then ever and think I have a legit chance of breaking 80 in the near future. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Hit some great shots and some really bad ones for a 93. The new swing continues to make it frustrating to play but is improving. The two highlights of the round was I managed 270 off the tee on 3 holes and I had no 3 putts.

• Like 8

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

9 minutes ago, MattF said:

Hit some great shots and some really bad ones for a 93. The new swing continues to make it frustrating to play but is improving. The two highlights of the round was I managed 270 off the tee on 3 holes and I had no 3 putts.

270? Hah, another one who's going to try for the green on #1 on Sept. 12th.  A very deep greenside bunker will be calling your name. 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

270? Hah, another one who's going to try for the green on #1 on Sept. 12th.  A very deep greenside bunker will be calling your name. 😎

I'm pretty conservative actually...unless @Mr_Theoo needles me into doing something stupid. I'll most likely take 3 wood off the tee.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 minute ago, MattF said:

I'm pretty conservative actually...unless @Mr_Theoo needles me into doing something stupid. I'll most likely take 3 wood off the tee.

I think we should all get a breakfast ball to give it a shot, if they choose... just for fun. 

• Like 4

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Don’t know how you got out today. Rain all night and today.

Was clear when we went out at 8; drizzle started on back nine.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Tour Edge Exotics EXS(11.5*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: Bellum Winmore 707; Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

I think we should all get a breakfast ball to give it a shot, if they choose... just for fun. 

Everyone's getting a 'breakfast ball' except for @MattF and @Mr_Theoo. They both said they're arriving early and going to the driving range. I think they're really secretly going to #1 to scope it out before all of us get to the tee box. 😂.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

After 3 weeks off, I shot 104. Ouch. Turns out if you don't play or practice for a few weeks your feel goes to crap. Overall it was a good day and it was crazy windy. Everyone in my foursome was about 15 strokes higher than usual. 

• Like 6

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

Had a great Day out with my grandson yesterday, this is only his 2nd real golf experience.. we had a good time.. I tweaked my back on fri at work so was a little stiff but felt OK when we tee'd off. Put the Cleveland Zipcore wedge into play on the 1st hole. Stuck it to about 15 feet, when I say stuck it I mean stuck it. moved a putter length from the ball mark.. Par... played the front 9 good we had to wait for a group of tour pro's throughout the whole round... by about 9 the back started stiffening up while having to wait.. shot a front 9, 38. Had a long wait on 10 and got stiff, proceeded to struggle through the back. When we were able to keep playing I got into a good groove and played well, if i had to wait any all bets were off.. All in all a great day shot a 46 on the back to go 84 for the day, on a course that the last time I played I shot a 111.. so I am very happy with the round.. 

• Like 7

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.