Our Sponsors

Played 36 today since I am not playing tomorrow and posted two rounds of -1 70 with the same split of 38-32. Kind of bizarre but will take it today with the wind up and it not being a prime scoring day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Sadly had a similar round the end of last week... Behind a group of 4 middle-aged men - LOTTA very serious practice swings on every tee box, which they insisted on standing at the very back of every time even though several times one or more of them did not clear the forward tees, LOTTA time standing over each and every shot and then.......
And then... ..then they get to the putting green.
🦥

Oh boy, makes for a long round.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

5 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I love that course - granted I have nothing else in the area to go off of. Fun layout though. Always try to squeeze a round in when I’m in town to see family and friends.

Btw, there’s something about that last three hole stretch that is just so unassuming and it bites back almost every time lol.

And my coworker made the comment about how he loves those last three holes! Ugh. 16 & 17 get me EVERY time. I hate the “new” fairway bunker on 18. Wasn’t there in ‘97. I hit 5 iron off the tee (blue), and it STILL got in there. Nowhere to go on that hole with the bunker AND the huge oak on the left.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

8 hours ago, PMookie said:

And my coworker made the comment about how he loves those last three holes! Ugh. 16 & 17 get me EVERY time. I hate the “new” fairway bunker on 18. Wasn’t there in ‘97. I hit 5 iron off the tee (blue), and it STILL got in there. Nowhere to go on that hole with the bunker AND the huge oak on the left.

16 tripped me up bad once, but 17 always gets me for whatever reason. I've never played 18 without the bunker. It certainly makes that tee shot feel claustrophobic. 

• Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

48/50 for a wet & soggy 98. 6 FiRs, 3 GiRs. 3 pars. Short game was decent today with only one 3 putt the entire round and a number of decent wedges from 100 and in. But everything else was not good. Too many penalties off the tee, and a number of topped shots which is unlike me. Usually my miss is a big ol' fattie. 

The rain was an on and off sprinkle until we got to 15 when it became an outright downpour so we got soaked the last 4 holes. On the good side though, the two of us finished in 3 hours 1 minute since there was no one in front of us. That's 3 hours and 1 minute I didn't spend in the office, so all is good 🙂 

• Like 8

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Where did ya play?

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

8 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Where did ya play?

Whaling City Golf Course in New Bedford. It's normally a bit of a wet course anyways due to drainage (new owners are doing a lot to fix that thankfully) and location, but today was mud ball after mud ball with the steady drizzle.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, russtopherb said:

Whaling City Golf Course in New Bedford. It's normally a bit of a wet course anyways due to drainage (new owners are doing a lot to fix that thankfully) and location, but today was mud ball after mud ball with the steady drizzle.

We had downpours here. Much needed though.

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

We had downpours here. Much needed though.

Same. I've seen a LOT of brown on the last 3 courses I've played... and my backyard! It's been steady & heavy since I left the course at 1pm.

• Like 1

I had a rough night in league last night. We were in first place (and have been the majority of the season). It was our regularly scheduled match against the 2nd place team. We started the evening 13 points in front of 2nd place and 13.5 in front of 3rd. My partner did his job (shot his handicap), but I failed - I shot 48 (+12) for a net +5. If we had scored well, we could have locked up 1st place for the season (since we won the first half) making the next two weeks of playoffs nothing but "fun" days for us. It turns out the 3rd place team had a great night and leap-frogged into first (compounded by my good friend's net +6 - I swear he sabotaged me). We dropped to 3rd. The good news, in my mind, is the A players on those two teams are the two lowest HC's in our league and are both very consistent, so in next weeks 2nd half playoff, I don't imagine there will be any lopsided scores from either team (depending on what the B players do, of course, but neither of them have scored a ton this season), so if we have a good week next week, we could be back in first. Right now, 3 points separates 1st - 3rd.

I actually drove the ball pretty well - 4/6 fairways on driver holes with decent distance given the amount of rain we had over the weekend. The two misses bordered on ridiculous, but they were bad enough that I had a shot from the next fairway over. Irons were a disaster and I 2-putted every single green (didn't matter if it was 5 feet or 50 feet). If I were hitting a bunch GIR's, I'd be OK with 2 putts, but since I had to chip on every hole but one, that's not good. Chipping was meh... I left myself some decent looks and burned the edges, but nothing would fall.

Where's the :choke: emoji when you need one?!?!

• Like 8

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

Between my spousal unit recovering from hand surgery and requiring quite a bit of my help and our course hosting the annual Southern Oregon Match Play Championship (which I'm not playing this year), I'm not playing a lot of golf this week and maybe not next week.  I'll have to enjoy YOUR rounds....so play well, my anonymous friends!!

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

A cruddy day for golf - both weather and score. Our Wednesday men's traveling group went to Plum Brook CC in Sandusky. Weather forecast was 20% chance of rain. By the 2nd hole the 20% was really a downpour and about 20 mph of wind.

IMG_5717.thumb.JPG.fc3d655d67acfc55e4ca8aa5fbeaadda.JPG

The rain stopped after several holes but the wind was pretty steady at 20+. And it seemed like we were always hitting into the wind. It made the 'muffin top' greens that much more difficult to hit. Walked off with a 93 and wet shoes (feet).

IMG_5721.thumb.JPG.525c421e3b4a11b6340406ed40b6abf9.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

A cruddy day for golf - both weather and score. Our Wednesday men's traveling group went to Plum Brook CC in Sandusky. Weather forecast was 20% chance of rain. By the 2nd hole the 20% was really a downpour and about 20 mph of wind.

IMG_5717.thumb.JPG.fc3d655d67acfc55e4ca8aa5fbeaadda.JPG

The rain stopped after several holes but the wind was pretty steady at 20+. And it seemed like we were always hitting into the wind. It made the 'muffin top' greens that much more difficult to hit. Walked off with a 93 and wet shoes.

IMG_5721.thumb.JPG.525c421e3b4a11b6340406ed40b6abf9.JPG

Way to battle though. I just hate when it rains hard and then stops and you are just wet the rest of the round.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

Between my spousal unit recovering from hand surgery and requiring quite a bit of my help and our course hosting the annual Southern Oregon Match Play Championship (which I'm not playing this year), I'm not playing a lot of golf this week and maybe not next week.  I'll have to enjoy YOUR rounds....so play well, my anonymous friends!!

Carpal tunnel?  My wife's hand surgery is scheduled for Nov 3.  

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I had the chance to play the upper course at Baltusrol on Tuesday.   I'm pretty sure I had the only American made car in the lot.  They are redoing the lower course but the place as a whole is unbelievable.  The history in the clubhouse alone is worth the visit.  Anyway, shot a 40/40 for 80 from the club tees so it was only at 6200 yards.

• Like 9

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Carpal tunnel?  My wife's hand surgery is scheduled for Nov 3.  

No, severe arthritis in thumb.  Both hands have been done. Most recent is a 2nd surgery on the right hand.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

The round today much felt better than my last (2 week hiatus) where it felt like I had never played the game before. Contact was phenomenal today and was bombing some drives consistently. Chipping felt realllllly good which I needed today after my last abomination. Approach was short today which I chalk up to very high humidity and we have had some rain which took some roll out of a lot. Overall 42 with some just overall great shots:

IMG_5289.PNG.57e30bd64d2b3cd6d0a8cfabe49fc525.PNGIMG_5288.PNG.0b09245181629a9ec9bbcc1e27352069.PNG

Now that I have some good Arccos data there is clearly (which I figured was going to be but is very apparent now) a need for the gap wedge (need to re-pair now that I have 52/56/60 not 50/54/58 but the numbers are fairly accurate). 30 yard gapping between PW and 52 is just not acceptable...most likely be dropping the  4 iron because the hybrid and 5 iron are pretty versatile and need the bottom end covered better.

image.png.af4887f1483e66147a77a67b6903c70a.png

image.png.83333809075c4b7e5a33586f1b56e19b.png

Ended the day with this beauty short side bunker....didnt end well:

IMG_5285.jpg.cee2ffdcba07ed1fe814dec40d182157.jpg

• Like 9

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Just now, Lacassem said:

The round today much felt better than my last (2 week hiatus) where it felt like I had never played the game before. Contact was phenomenal today and was bombing some drives consistently. Chipping felt realllllly good which I needed today after my last abomination. Approach was short today which I chalk up to very high humidity and we have had some rain which took some roll out of a lot. Overall 42 with some just overall great shots:

IMG_5289.PNG.57e30bd64d2b3cd6d0a8cfabe49fc525.PNGIMG_5288.PNG.0b09245181629a9ec9bbcc1e27352069.PNG

Now that I have some good Arccos data there is clearly (which I figured was going to be but is very apparent now) a need for the gap wedge (need to re-pair now that I have 52/56/60 not 50/54/58 but the numbers are fairly accurate). 30 yard gapping between PW and 52 is just not acceptable...most likely be dropping the because the hybrid and 5 iron are pretty versatile and need the bottom end covered better.

image.png.af4887f1483e66147a77a67b6903c70a.png

image.png.83333809075c4b7e5a33586f1b56e19b.png

Ended the day with this beauty short side bunker....didnt end well:

IMG_5285.jpg.cee2ffdcba07ed1fe814dec40d182157.jpg

IMG_5286.PNG

Bunkers killed me the other day and cost me a couple of additional strokes.  I really need to work on that.

• Like 5

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

3 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Bunkers killed me the other day and cost me a couple of additional strokes.  I really need to work on that.

Callaway Sure Out Wedge Review - Golfalot

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

Just now, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Callaway Sure Out Wedge Review - Golfalot

Thanks buddy!  The real kick in the nads is we had to use a caddie and he told me to club up and both times he did I flew the green and landed in bunkers.  Took me two shots to get out each time.  Then the d-bag made me rake my own bunkers.  I have never hit my irons as crisp as I did the other day but it was like playing on carpet the fairways were so nice.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right