Our Sponsors

12 minutes ago, Wedgie said:

Bunkers killed me the other day and cost me a couple of additional strokes.  I really need to work on that.

Dont usually struggle to bad out of bunkers...This was tight though, and with the rain the sand was "dense" to be nice about it. I was lucky it didnt go to the next tee box

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Callaway Sure Out Wedge Review - Golfalot

I'll see your Sureout and raise you a

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ0-gUiWIhxbRx64Nh1X3

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

6 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Thanks buddy!  The real kick in the nads is we had to use a caddie and he told me to club up and both times he did I flew the green and landed in bunkers.  Took me two shots to get out each time.  Then the d-bag made me rake my own bunkers.  I have never hit my irons as crisp as I did the other day but it was like playing on carpet the fairways were so nice.

Tell me... how much do you tip a caddie who gives you wrong information about distance AND makes you rake bunkers that he was responsible for you being in?  Inquiring minds want to know.  😄

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tell me... how much do you tip a caddie who gives you wrong information about distance AND makes you rake bunkers that he was responsible for you being in?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

I was a guest at the club and my member buddy told me to give him a hundred bucks so I did. I think the going rate for the caddie is $70 so it was a $30 tip. I had to fix my divots as well which I kind of expected him to do but I guess my expectations are established by what I see on TV watching the pros.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 7

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Not well.... One of my higher scoring rounds in a looooong time. Put myself into trouble off the tee, had trouble on the second shots and most disappointingly had a lotta trouble putting.

There was a bright spot, though -- had a few punch outs and recovery shots, and one short approach, with wedges that I hit pretty well.

Have another lesson scheduled for tomorrow!

• Like 8

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

The weather down here has been incredibly hot, (about 110 index) all week, and the last two days were the worst. 🙄 I'm not posting here to complain about that, instead I wanted to just say how incredibly fortunate we all are to be able to play this game, and enjoy some of the beautiful courses where we live.

I think most golfers on a forum like this have either been, or want to visit the Myrtle Beach area, because it's known around the world has a premiere golf destination. I'm fortunate enough to have a place down here, and this week made me realize how nice it is to say that. Long Island is where my family is, and even after 9 years down here I still call it "home". but man,  I really love it down here also.

I played 3 times this week, at 3 of the top courses on the Grand Strand. Monday: The Dye Course at Barefoot. Thursday: True Blue. Today: Pine Lakes. Those of you familiar with the area know what kind of tracks these are, and yet I had almost become jaded to playing them at the greatly reduced rates I do. Driving home after my round this afternoon, I realized how grateful I should be.

I know this is a "How'd You Play thread", so I'll quickly mention my 3 scores were 84, 87 and 83 in the order I mentioned them. I played okay, about the way I should at my level. What stands out though were the good times I had, and playing in league competitions with really good friends (and we survived the heat!!). 

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G400 Max 9* set at 10* Alta Reg

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 15* Evenflow 5.0

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback 3&4 Atmos Reg

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52-F & 56- S (bent to 57*)

:scotty-small: Newport Select 2.0 33.5"

:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Double wide 34" and F9 5 hybrid are extras

:1590477705_SunMountain: stand bag

44 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I think most golfers on a forum like this have either been, or want to visit the Myrtle Beach area, because it's known around the world has a premiere golf destination. I'm fortunate enough to have a place down here, and this week made me realize how nice it is to say that. Long Island is where my family is, and even after 9 years down here I still call it "home". but man,  I really love it down here also.

While at the Open Championship in Scotland, didn't Boo Weekley say he thought Myrtle Beach was "the home of golf"?  🤣

Love the courses there.  It's just a loooong trip to get there.

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

36 minutes ago, revkev said:

So poorly - I was one over in the middle of the fairway on 6, 110 yards, not much breeze, smooth wedge that I shanked into a pond - triple.

Parred 7 and then hit a perfect 5 wood off the tee on 8 to leave, you guessed it, 111 yards, pitching wedge. I wasn’t shanking this one but instead hit the preferred topped ground ball into thick rough and a delightful down hill lie over a trap that I skulled to the back of the green from whence I three pitted for double, 42.

It didn’t get better on the back either except that I grabbed a beer at the turn and another from my buddy’s garage fridge walking up 15 so it was much more fun and I had no more shanks!!! I did hit another ball in the water on 17 though. I can’t remember the last time I lost two balls in a round.

On a positive note the pro that I play with a lot gave me a great bunker tip who I had ample opportunity to employ - quite successfully.

Just one of those days. 😞

SH😱NK?   Oh No!  

Glad it didn't haunt you the rest of the round like it does me.

• Like 4

So poorly - I was one over in the middle of the fairway on 6, 110 yards, not much breeze, smooth wedge that I shanked into a pond - triple.

Parred 7 and then hit a perfect 5 wood off the tee on 8 to leave, you guessed it, 111 yards, pitching wedge. I wasn’t shanking this one but instead hit the preferred topped ground ball into thick rough and a delightful down hill lie over a trap that I skulled to the back of the green from whence I three pitted for double, 42.

It didn’t get better on the back either except that I grabbed a beer at the turn and another from my buddy’s garage fridge walking up 15 so it was much more fun and I had no more shanks!!! I did hit another ball in the water on 17 though. I can’t remember the last time I lost two balls in a round.

On a positive note the pro that I play with a lot gave me a great bunker tip who I had ample opportunity to employ - quite successfully.

Just one of those days. :(

Hot day in FL, a couple cold ones always good after a ........hosel rocket.

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played in Day 2 of the Ryder Cup at my club and shot a very deflating even par 71. Was -4 through 11 made bogey on 4 of the final 7 holes. The putter just went ice cold on the back 9 after draining a 20 footer for bird on 10.

On a fun note I played against our 1st Asst Pro and had to give him a shot which was something I have never done. Beat him by 7 and we lost the match 3&1 thanks to his partners clutch playing. My partner had a bit of an off day and not sure he broke 95 today playing off of a 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Not well at all. Nothing really went wrong, it just didn’t go right. But I had a fundamental change in my swing this week with my coach, we finally think we got to the root cause of some timing problems. So I’m basically focusing on that feel every shot, and not really worried so much that they’re flying offline. I did get the feeling right a few times today, and left my buddies jaws on the floor. Like a stinger 3 hybrid that went 256 down the middle, followed by a 52 degree wedge from 122 to the flag that hit, bounced once, and spun back to 3 feet. 

• Like 8

Stats: 5'4", Male, R-Handed, Moderate Tempo, Driver SS 106mph

Driver: Ping i25, S-flex PWR 65 shaft
3w/5w: Callaway X-Hot, S-flex Fubuki shafts
3i: FOURTEEN FH-1000, DG X100
4i-PW: Mizuno MP-4, DG S300
Wedges: Titleist SM7
56* Wedge: Callaway Jaws w/ 12* of bounce

38 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Not how did I play, but how did the guy play I was paired up with play. Here is a quick hint: #9 is a 352 yd par 4. Hit one of my best drives of the day and had 80yds to the pin. David was playing from the tips and #9 is 372 and he put his tee shot in the green side bunker!?!?! He did this from the tee all day long. A modest 5'10" and about 180lbs he is an Army recruiter looking to join the PGA Program after putting in his 20 years. He played high school golf and went straight into the Army. I have never seen anyone hit the ball as far as he does. And he has a very normal looking swing, fast of course or should I say very fast but not like he was swinging out of his shoes. Just crazy silly long. #14 is a 562 yd par 5 and he hit driver-3 iron over the green. 

... He shot 1 under and I was one over. He probably would have been a little lower if I had not encouraged him on to hit driver on #17 a 354 yd par 4 that is probably 320 to carry the water. He pulled his tee shot a little and with a slight draw ended up in the heather and had to take a drop and ended up with a bogie. I have seen several try and drive that green but none ever hit it past the green. It was just awesome and I will remember this day for quite awhile. 

It's uniquely fun and humbling to play with guys like that. There are a couple bombers at my course back home in Missouri - guys that routinely swing 120+ without breaking a sweat. By recreational golf standards I am no short knocker, but I have to pick my jaw up off the floor when I play with them.

• Like 3

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

6 hours ago, revkev said:

Oh, I know that feeling and IT. IS. THE. WORST! Glad you were able to take some positives away from the round.

• Like 2

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Nike Vapor Pro Combo (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Pro S300
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6m 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Even 80 this morning 39-41, ended with a penalty & double on 18 which left a bad taste but considering I hit the ball all over and missed a ton of greens it was a good day.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 7

4 over 75 on a beautiful early spring day. Putted well on recently scarified greens. Turned even with the card with a couple of birdies. A few soft bogeys on the back hurt my score but I'm really happy with how I played after not touching the clubs for a couple of weeks.

• Like 7

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

20 hours ago, revkev said:

... I feel your pain. Crazy how they can pop up out of nowhere Rev. You may remember my very first shot with my T100-S was a shank and I cannot even remember the last time I shanked a shot. But kinda excited about hitting them for the first time, playing a knockdown out of the light rough with more forward shaft lean than normal was my excuse for shanking. I just had to laugh ... 

• Like 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5