Our Sponsors

6 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Wellll....I went thru the motions this morning for 9 holes and never made decent contact on a shot. Everything was “off the toe”. Very frustrating and the hot humid weather didn’t help my attitude.
Taking off playing tomorrow and doing a serious couple of buckets. Hope I can get it together.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

This was me a few weeks back at red tail....frightening. Came back last week though after a 2 week hiatus. Good luck!

• Like 4

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Sounds familiar.  Very familiar.  Except the "off the toe" part.  I know not of what you speak.  🤣

I think you do know......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

This was me a few weeks back at red tail....frightening. Came back last week though after a 2 week hiatus. Good luck!

I may need a “mental health” break. This morning was really bad on a track that actually plays well for Lefties.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

23 minutes ago, Rickp said:

I may need a “mental health” break. This morning was really bad on a track that actually plays well for Lefties.

That’s what I needed. Worked out 

• Like 3

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

23 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Shot a 102. Bunker play hurt me again. Too many holes that took multiple shots to get out of the bunker. Driver was a bit wild off the tee as well.

Made a life changing discovery though. Hovering instead of grounding my irons. Instead of hitting fat shots or low balls, I was hitting high, soft landing irons. Hovering allowed me to make ball first contact instead of hitting the turf.

Each new discovery that can change your game

• Like 1

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

got out for a quick practice round today. played 2 balls for 11 holes before it was time to get home. i’ve got a newborn son and my wife deserves to be canonized for letting me get out to play. 

i hit the ball really well.  wasn’t keeping score, just focused on good contact with my irons and chipping well around the green.  

guy i got paired with was bugging me to try his driver all day. finally gave in on 9:

396 yard par 4. drove it 341. chipped to within 6” for a nice tap in birdie. really solid way to close out the front 9

008DFEBE-A6A3-4D72-904B-D312869AF96B.jpeg

• Like 8

Shot 79 today. Was really feeling it on the front 9 with a 37. The back 9 I felt like we were waiting almost every hole and lost the rhythm and tempo. But still grinded out there for a 42. All in all a nice round

• Like 8

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Played 2 times this weekend.. The last 4 rounds have been a consistently rounds of 82.  With 37, 38, and 39 on either on the front or back of the rounds. Silly mistakes escalating the scores quickly. 

Today round was consistent driving, irons, chipping and putting. With the exception of 2 par 3 which, the iron was stroke well but either slight pull or push. And bad around the greens on those holes cause uncessary doubles. 

Hitting 9 GIR/ 10 FWY / 30 Putts. Felt great finally putting a decent round front and back  39 / 39. 

Just tried not do too much with each hole, played each shot and tried not make things worse 

SmartSelect_20200907-180602_GHIN.jpg

Edited by MrBandit
  • Like 5

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

Currently Testing:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

51/48 99 today

7/14 fairways

3/18 greens

37 putts

I've had a long Labor Day weekend and was hoping to get out to play at least twice, but yard work and family time have taken precedence over playing. I'm off tomorrow, but needed to go to the eye doctor for more prescription sunglasses for me and my wife.

I'm just happy I got to play today and had a blast doing it. The round started out rough, my contact was horrendous and I showed my newfound mastery of the pull-top on several occasions. For a while I thought about leaving at the turn and just saying forget about it, but I made the conscious decision to relax.Screenshot_20200907-201945_Firefox-01.jpeg.c7a476c2aa26e85cd5c3d158879f6c86.jpeg

I have a tendency to be pretty tense with my swing and I know I need to loosen up, but it's hard for me and I had to keep the thought in my head every shot. Once I did, my game improved. I still had some bad shots, but honestly, they didn't bother me as much. 

My shot of the day was this SW that Arccos measured at a gargantuan distance.Screenshot_20200907-184837-01.jpeg.f082fd465094f8ac5ee351c90b3b6206.jpeg

Eat your heart out Kyle Berkshire

Just kidding, it was a putt from off the fringe that Arccos measured at 61 feet and after that SW, it could have been tap in distance.20200907_172514-01.jpeg.2149d6a9eaed7ff56e143b0b90ec83a3.jpeg

The ball was just in front of where I am standing and was a nice left to right breaker that just died in the hole. I'm glad no one saw the celebratory dance, it probably wasn't pretty to see but it felt good. I also hit a 5 iron to 12 feet on a par 3 I was pretty impressed with and a 5 wood from 177 out of the rough to 16 feet on the par 4 11th.  It's those shots that keep us coming back for more. 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

We are supposed to play at our sister course across the Columbia River on Labor Day; we get 1/2 off greens fees because of our membership at our course.  However, the wind is blowing, and it is forecasted to be 20-45 mph when we tee off at noon.  We may decide to cancel and play our course instead.  I don't see a reason to pay extra to play in poor conditions.

Well, we were going to play at the sister course no matter what the conditions were, but this morning we thought better of it.  Our course had been booked until 3pm, but people were calling to cancel because of wind, dust and smoke in the air.  Sooooo, we decided to play at our course when we got a noon tee time.

We only played 9 holes; shot +6.  Here's why..........

We have 24 fires in the area, and a big one up in north central WA.  The wind is coming out of the north about steady 25 mph.  We had a few gusts that were close to 50 mph.  Temp is 78º

On the range...

IMG_5292.jpeg.9623511ed707361873d75b305bab7ddc.jpeg

On #6 tee...

IMG_1305.jpeg.835d66b68aab6e5324751086b76f60a8.jpeg

On #6 fairway looking back to the tee...

IMG_1306.jpeg.476b38fde8b8e45cd6063c11ef6cd5f0.jpeg

On the #7 tee...  the clubhouse across the pond.

IMG_1307.jpeg.af1aaa28e2965d7e55ea3fe053179f28.jpeg

Some idiots will do anything to play a round of golf.  🤣

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We have 24 fires in the area, and a big one up in north central WA.  The wind is coming out of the north about steady 25 mph.  We had a few gusts that were close to 50 mph.

that’s insane! i lived in washington for a few years and remember the smoke rolling in from wildfires back in 16 or 17...it was gnarly. hope you’re staying safe

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Well, we were going to play at the sister course no matter what the conditions were, but this morning we thought better of it.  Our course had been booked until 3pm, but people were calling to cancel because of wind, dust and smoke in the air.  Sooooo, we decided to play at our course when we got a noon tee time.

We only played 9 holes; shot +6.  Here's why..........

We have 24 fires in the area, and a big one up in north central WA.  The wind is coming out of the north about steady 25 mph.  We had a few gusts that were close to 50 mph.

On the range...

IMG_5292.jpeg.9623511ed707361873d75b305bab7ddc.jpeg

On #6 tee...

IMG_1305.jpeg.835d66b68aab6e5324751086b76f60a8.jpeg

On #6 fairway looking back to the tee...

IMG_1306.jpeg.476b38fde8b8e45cd6063c11ef6cd5f0.jpeg

On the #7 tee...  the clubhouse across the pond.

IMG_1307.jpeg.af1aaa28e2965d7e55ea3fe053179f28.jpeg

That's some nasty conditions, those trees on #6 look like they're ready to blow over. Stay safe with the fires in the area. That's dedication, even playing 9 on those conditions. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

that’s insane! i lived in washington for a few years and remember the smoke rolling in from wildfires back in 16 or 17...it was gnarly. hope you’re staying safe

I-90 and I-82 were closed part of the day.  Major pileup at Ritzville.

• Sad 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

I-90 and I-82 were closed part of the day.  Major pileup at Ritzville.

i lived over in Bellevue. you’re out there in  the country!  i’ve got a few friends in Wenatchee now though. 

1 minute ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's some nasty conditions, those trees on #6 look like they're ready to blow over. Stay safe with the fires in the area. That's dedication, even playing 9 on those conditions. 

Our course used to have a lot of trees before the renovation.  A huge windstorm came through in 1990 and took out a lot of them.  Not a tornado or hurricane, but the winds were 80 mph.  We always have a lot of branches on the ground after a windstorm, but most of the trees survive pretty well now, although we did lose a valuable shade tree by the practice green two years ago.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i lived over in Bellevue. you’re out there in  the country!  i’ve got a few friends in Wenatchee now though. 

Wenatchee is beautiful country and nice golf courses up there.  The big fire is north up in Omak.

• Like 2

Just now, Kenny B said:

Wenatchee is beautiful country and nice golf courses up there.  The big fire is north up in Omak.

yeah my buddy lives right on a course. once covid eases up and travel is a little safer i’m gonna get out there for a week or so. stay safe man!

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Haggerty said:

I played there yesterday also.  Played awful shot a 98, 3 putted way too often and was not striking the ball well at all.

Let me know if you want to meet up there some time.

As for me, I played to par at Windmill yesterday, (only car in the car park besides the owner and 2 of the employees)...on the first hole. Nice drive straight down the middle, fanned a 6 iron to just short of pin high to the right, chipped on and 1 putted. Teed up on 2 and the heavens opened up. Torrential rain, so I sat in the cart for a bit then headed to the clubhouse. Shot the 💩 with Brian and Ann behind the counter for about 30 minutes, then went and retrieved my ball from the tee and went home. The rain didn't let up all day and I was ready to play. ☹️

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Let me know if you want to meet up there some time.

As for me, I played to par at Windmill yesterday, (only car in the car park besides the owner and 2 of the employees)...on the first hole. Nice drive straight down the middle, fanned a 6 iron to just short of pin high to the right, chipped on and 1 putted. Teed up on 2 and the heavens opened up. Torrential rain, so I sat in the cart for a bit then headed to the clubhouse. Shot the 💩 with Brian and Ann behind the counter for about 30 minutes, then went and retrieved my ball from the tee and went home. The rain didn't let up all day and I was ready to play. ☹️

I live up by Cleveland in Independence, so it was the first time for me playing there.  Nice course and pretty challenging so didn't help that i wasn't hitting it well.  I live 5 minutes from sleepy Hollow and a surprising nice course since they redid 27 of the holes is Seneca, glad metroparks put some money into the course as it used to be awful.  They also put the top golf in the northern end of the city though only been there once as I kind of see it as an overpriced driving range. That would be fun with a group of people after all this COVID pandemic slows down more.

• Like 3

Driver: Ping G20
3W: Callaway XHot
5W: TaylorMade R11s
4-GW: TaylorMade R7 Draw
Putter: EvnRoll ER-6
Ball: Any that I can find or Refurbished 😄 
Arccos Tracking on all clubs