Our Sponsors

On 9/7/2020 at 10:28 AM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

The course looked fantastic, it was 54 when we teed off mid 60s when we finished, it felt like fall golf.

Yep, when I took the down swing on my second shot, it felt like someone was holding my shoulder back. 

It is still sore, but overall I can move on most directions but lifting my left arm above my head. 

I'm calling the doctor's office early tomorrow and try to see my doctor and make sure there is no serious damage. 

EDIT 

The funny thing is that, I was driving the ball well, and hitting what felt like really well struck balls, then I started hooking the ball on the 7th hole, which is not my tipical miss, I finally got back to hitting straight on 14 and 15, I should have noticed that some was amiss. 

Quick update, I get to see the doctor tomorrow afternoon, I still have some pain, but it feel that the mobility is a little better.

• Like 3

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Well, we were going to play at the sister course no matter what the conditions were, but this morning we thought better of it.  Our course had been booked until 3pm, but people were calling to cancel because of wind, dust and smoke in the air.  Sooooo, we decided to play at our course when we got a noon tee time.

We only played 9 holes; shot +6.  Here's why..........

We have 24 fires in the area, and a big one up in north central WA.  The wind is coming out of the north about steady 25 mph.  We had a few gusts that were close to 50 mph.  Temp is 78º

On the range...

IMG_5292.jpeg.9623511ed707361873d75b305bab7ddc.jpeg

On #6 tee...

IMG_1305.jpeg.835d66b68aab6e5324751086b76f60a8.jpeg

On #6 fairway looking back to the tee...

IMG_1306.jpeg.476b38fde8b8e45cd6063c11ef6cd5f0.jpeg

On the #7 tee...  the clubhouse across the pond.

IMG_1307.jpeg.af1aaa28e2965d7e55ea3fe053179f28.jpeg

Some idiots will do anything to play a round of golf.  🤣

That is so crazy. i would think you couldn't breath, good thing your wearing a mask anyway.

• Like 3

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60 default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Been playing really well of late, thanks to the Hogan combo set. Got a SIM Max D, and it was good, right in the middle every time. But I just wasn't any longer than my Ping g400LST. Soooo, I took that back and got a Mavrik SZ. It was decent, but then I adjusted the shaft up 2* and today hit a bunch of drives longer than my old averages, by 10-20 yards farther. I honestly couldn't believe how far they were going. I messed with the settings on the SIM a ton, but never got any real gains. But this Mavrik was Crazy long. wow! Its going to be impossible to not get the 3-wood now too, as my Ping g400 isn't getting it done at all for me.

Anyways, shot a +1 72 today. Also must give the Evnroll props. She was pouring them in or real close. My bag is solid right now with the exception of the 3 wood...

• Like 7

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Finally was able to get back on the course.  3 club wind, but darn it...I'm playing.   I didn't really keep my score, but looking back, thinking I shot around 80ish.  Hit some bombs downwind....and a couple of 138 yard 6 irons...LOL.    Fire broke out not far from the club and we could see the billowing smoke.  Turned out to be a wildfire about 20 miles away.  Still burning, but they have the main fire contained.  Meanwhile all southbound exits of I5 north of Ashland are closed, as well as the 2 Ashland northbound exits.  Winds were steady 20-35 mph with gusts higher.  

fallentree.jpeg

ashlandfire.jpg

• Like 7

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I live up by Cleveland in Independence, so it was the first time for me playing there.  Nice course and pretty challenging so didn't help that i wasn't hitting it well.  I live 5 minutes from sleepy Hollow and a surprising nice course since they redid 27 of the holes is Seneca, glad metroparks put some money into the course as it used to be awful.  They also put the top golf in the northern end of the city though only been there once as I kind of see it as an overpriced driving range. That would be fun with a group of people after all this COVID pandemic slows down more.
If only Sleepy had tee times. Can't get on the place before 2 any day of the week. I've heard good things about the Seneca remodel, but that left up that stupid grass under all the trees?

Take Dead Aim

• Like 1

Take Dead Aim

FREE TO A GOOD HOME: every golf club I own....

Ok, it was bad, but maybe not that bad. Driver was mostly good - almost everything started a little left with a baby fade. The two that didn't were penalties (one pull into unplayable lie, one high flare into the woods). That happens to me occasionally and I can deal with it. What I can't deal with was how atrocious my chipping was and I haven't a clue what I was doing wrong, especially since I was chipping well around the practice green. Just chunky and bad. Putted ok, irons were longer than they should have been, so I'm still adjusting to new distances since SuperSpeed. I ended up +11 (4 over my handicap), so I guess it wasn't terrible - maybe I've gotten my expectations too high since I've had a pretty good run until last week.

• Like 6

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

26 minutes ago, MaxEntropy said:

FREE TO A GOOD HOME: every golf club I own....

Ok, it was bad, but maybe not that bad. What I can't deal with was how atrocious my chipping was and I haven't a clue what I was doing wrong, especially since I was chipping well around the practice green. Just chunky and bad.

... You probably already know this but chipping is one of the easiest shots in golf. Chipping close is a different story of course but hitting decent chips should be easy. The trouble is almost always focusing on the result and not the process. If you can shift your focus to the chip itself and not the results, you should be able to replicate your practice chips. With practice chips, you really don't care about the results so if you can hit good practice chips you can hit good chips when it counts. I know, I know easier said than done for some but that is the mental side of golf that is as important or often more important than the physical side. 🤪

• Like 8

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

On 9/7/2020 at 10:37 PM, chisag said:

... It has been awhile but finally had one of those days you wish you could bottle. No thoughts of any kind other than where I want to hit it. Great drive on the first tee and my swing felt awesome the entire round. I did not miss a single shot and we all know how crazy rare that is. Missed greens of course but every swing felt great and the ball found the center of the club on every shot. LOTS of wind again so scoring was not as good as my ball striking and putting. Several highlights:

After 3 pars in very windy conditions I played the wind to push my shot right off the tee of a par 3 and it held its line right into the bunker. Bunkers are bare at the moment and I semi bladed my shot across the green and into deep rough on the other side. I really focused on perfect contact (as you can see in the photo) and was relieved to see my chip fall into the hole. That saved my momentum and I ended up with 1 birdie and one bogie on the front. 

Started the back with 3-3-3-3. Hit a 9 iron from 147 in the fairway bunker to 3 feet for birdie on #11. Just solid shots that left me 6 feet or less until #13 the hardest hole on the course. Playing into a 20 mph wind I hit a really good drive leaving me 176 to a back pin. I flighted a 4 iron down a little, not a full knockdown but a nice mid trajectory that never left the flag. But I still had 40 feet for birdie and rolled it into the center. You can see why I would like to bottle the day. 

On #16 I again had 173 but the wind was down to about 15mph and right into me so I hit a 5 iron that missed the cup by 6". 

... Ended up with a 70 but given the conditions and my 3 playing pards all shot over 100, I was extremely happy with the round. My back did not get tight until the 17th hole when the wind shifted from the north and the temps dropped 10* in 5 minutes. But even then it was just a little tight and not problematic. It was a really, really good day and I have not had one of these in a month ir more so happy to share my good fortune with you guys. 🤗

1131231650_Naperscore.jpg.ef51e1e11fb18a1c5a043937fb9ee2df.jpg
378344209_Naperwedge.jpg.10e87d277215a77636174ca729096595.jpg

Was this a test to see if we were paying attention to the scorecard?  😆

• Like 3

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Played in a Shamble (pick best drive and everybody plays own ball from there) mixed foursome on Labor Day with some other low 'cappers and we all hit the ball pretty well with lots of birdie chances.....however all our putters took the day off and we only ended up carding -9 gross (two best ball score).  I don't think anybody made a putt over 8' with lots of lip outs happening.  The adjusted lie and length on the new to me irons has made them pin seekers!! 

The net prizes were not on our radar given our handicaps but we started laughing when the winning net score (combined two best balls) was announced at -38.   The poor second place team shot -31....imagine being them thinking they killed it with a -31 and then coming in second place!   😂

• Like 4

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

18 hours ago, chisag said:

... but that is the mental side of golf that is as important or often more important than the physical side

..and hence my self-assigned Handicap 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

5 hours ago, Shapotomous said:

Played in a Shamble (pick best drive and everybody plays own ball from there) mixed foursome on Labor Day with some other low 'cappers and we all hit the ball pretty well with lots of birdie chances.....however all our putters took the day off and we only ended up carding -9 gross (two best ball score).  I don't think anybody made a putt over 8' with lots of lip outs happening.  The adjusted lie and length on the new to me irons has made them pin seekers!! 

The net prizes were not on our radar given our handicaps but we started laughing when the winning net score (combined two best balls) was announced at -38.   The poor second place team shot -31....imagine being them thinking they killed it with a -31 and then coming in second place!   😂

Played in a similar format charity outing in previous seasons .. one year our team won the "Most Honest" award 😆😂
(..ie. we were high score / DL but we each got a box of a dozen new golf balls 😀)

• Like 3

shot well, the same as yesterday, but different results on different holes.

Hogans continue to be fantastic, and the Mavrik SZ continues to rock, what a killer set of clubs Ive got haha

• Like 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Cr**y day - our Wednesday group played at Woussicket' a narrow parkland style course today. Couldn't get it going on the front and ended up with a 50, the back was a bit better with a 46 for a total of 96. My putter was the culprit. Hmmm operator or equipment error??

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My Monday old guy walking group got out as a foursome today; first time we have walked as a group for 3 months.  We had a great time with lots of chit chat.  Our 80-year old guy had cellulitis in his leg that prevented him from walking since the course opened up.  Another guy had a stroke a little over a year ago on his right side, but with lots of therapy, he was hitting the ball pretty well today.  Not as good as before, but certainly playable.

I had a better day than the last week of play.  Parred the first 4 holes; double on #5 but birdie on #6, then a par and two bogeys for a nine-hole score of 40.  Still smokey here; wind shifted from north to south so now we are getting the smoke from Oregon.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tough day at the office yesterday, 🙄 I played the Fazio Course at Barefoot Resort.

I think my Rogue X irons somehow found out I am waiting for a new set of PXG 0211 irons to arrive. I drove the ball as well as I can, and hit my nemesis club (3W) shockingly well, reaching two par 5's in two from 205 and 211 yards. That might not impress many of you long ballers, but playing at sea level, that's about all this 66 year old body has in his tank.

As mentioned, my irons were a mess though. I just couldn't find my tempo, over swinging all day with them which led to bladed screamers galore and some pull hooks thrown in for good measure. My short game and putter kept me somewhat in the ballgame with a 43 on the front nine, but when the putter turned cold, things snowballed downhill on the back 9 and I came in with a 48.

On 17 and18 I reverted back to front nine "form". After missing the 154 yard 16th 20 yards right (I'm a lefty) and walking off with a 3 putt 5, I "bombed" drives on the last two holes. 17 I had a 9 iron in, and pushed it in the bunker. Hit a great bunker shot and tapped in for par. 18 I hit my best drive of the day, but bladed my GW 20 yards past the pin and off the back. hit a great downhill pitch shot to 4 feet at which point my group gave me the putt since my 91 net 80 wasn't coming close to placing in our Member League. 

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 7

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Hazardous Smoke i-10

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage

Hybrids  :titelist-small:  TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

:ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Cr**y day - our Wednesday group played at Woussicket' a narrow parkland style course today. Couldn't get it going on the front and ended up with a 50, the back was a bit better with a 46 for a total of 96. My putter was the culprit. Hmmm operator or equipment error??

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

equipment error of course....

its time to make a call to the bullpen for the relief putter!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Played 18 at a new to us course over the holiday weekend, and while it was a nice course to play and challenging .. 70.2 / 133 / close to 6100 yds .. so tougher and longer than what we usually play .. we won't be back when it's busy and fully booked....

Yeah play was extra slow, but....

I've *never* never heard "FORE!" yelled soooo many times on a golf course before!!! 

It was constant, no kidding and not just at us it was all over the course ... and constantly unnerving as I had to keep looking over at my wife and reminding her to duck and cover her head (she has a tendency to look in the direction of the person yelling "Fore!").

The layout was perfect for RHed slicers to bomb into way too closely adjoining fairways or tees - literally at least three, maybe four, times we had a ball land way too close to us or right over our heads; and on a few other fairways we walked past several random balls laying about..?!?!

So, no, I didn't play all that well - despite making a few good tee and approach shots, I still had too many silly mistakes that yielded me too many doubles and triples....

Maybe next time.

• Like 6

@cksurfdude what course was that?

i played Stonebridge a few weeks ago and it was like a shooting gallery. head had to be on a swivel the whole time 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:taylormade-small: SIM 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

11 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

@cksurfdude what course was that?

i played Stonebridge a few weeks ago and it was like a shooting gallery. head had to be on a swivel the whole time 

Ha funny coincidence - it was Stonebridge!!

Are you on LI? We should meet up sometime! I'll PM you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

Ha funny coincidence - it was Stonebridge!!

Are you on LI? We should meet up sometime! I'll PM you...

the way you were describing it sounded all too familiar. i went out early (7:12 tee time) and it was still a mess. 

• Sad 1

:taylormade-small: SIM 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w