Our Sponsors

Didn't got smoked out. How is the weather in your neck of the woods if you live on the west coast?

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

Didn't got smoked out. How is the weather in your neck of the woods if you live on the west coast?

Air quality is terrible over here

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

32 minutes ago, StrawberryShortCake said:

Well, I can't see Canada... I can barely see across the street.  Air Quality Alert for Dangerous conditions was supposed to end today at noon, now extended until Friday.  Courses closed, which is OK because they were suppose to punch the fairways and greens today if they let staff work.

• Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played okay it's a short course which allowed me to try my driving iron out a lot. I started off hitting it off the toe then it went to hitting everything fat. I finally pulled my ball striking from the gutter and kept things together missing a few par putts. Gamed my old putter and had more 3 putts than I have all year which is why I put the thing up but wanted to see how I could do with it. Made some nice shots and finally got the driving iron figured out along with my ball striking on the last 3 holes.

• Like 7
15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

"I just want to say... Good luck.  We're all counting on you."

And don't eat the fish! ☺️🙂😜🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Got out for a pre-work round this morning. Was tight on the front nine and not a lot of good shots. Mood was really killed by one of the players I got paired with, poor shots followed by streams of curses and club tosses. By the back 9 though, I loosened up physically and he loosened up mentally, playing the entire back side with his 5 iron and performing a lot better for it! I went 42-37 for a respectable 79 total.

• Like 5

Driver: Honma TW747 460 VIZARD 50 S-flex
3 wood: GigaGolf TRX 15*  Grafalloy Pursuit M2T S-flex
Hybrids: GigaGolf TRX 18* and 22* UST HDX 70 S-flex
Irons: GigaGolf TRX PowerSlot 5-PW UST HDX 80 S-flex
Wedges: GigaGolf TRX 6.0 50*, 55*, 60* Dynamic Gold S-flex
Putter: Ray Cook M1 (2020) 34”

“Golf is a good walk enhanced”

Played a member/member over the weekend.  Various formats each 9 holes and low score wins.  We shot a 28 in the 2 man scramble portion to take a 2 stroke lead with 9 to go.  My partner is putting from the fringe and during his practice stroke he knocks the ball backwards.  If he were on the green or tee box it isn't a penalty stroke.  I guess on the fringe it is.  When he did putt he left himself a 1 footer for double and missed it.  We lost by 2 strokes but had a ton of fun....other than that hole.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-G

:cleveland-small: - CBX 52 and 56

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Played early 9 Monday & today and once again Cart Path Only. Yesterday not too bad in the slop, lost a ball mid fareway to “casual pond”. This morning not good. The slop for last week plus took its toll and I lost interest.
Canceled golf for Wednesday & Friday and will play Monday if courses dry out somewhat. Hearing a splash/spat on my shots is discouraging.
Lawn/flowers/shrubs sure is growing like crazy

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I posted here about how badly I played last week, culminating with a horrible round on Saturday after thinking I had worked things out on the range. I got a lot of encouragement from people here, but what really helped were comments from @Kenny B and @silver & black. S&B talked about how he stopped focusing on score so much, and trying to forget a bad shot after it happened instead of letting that linger.

When I read that, I thought it would be difficult for me, because I rarely play a casual round. I'm always playing in either a league or money game, so score matters. I decided to clear my head and not touch a club from Saturday until yesterday mornings tee time. I didn't even take an air swing. What I did do was try to imagine myself taking a swing with a smoother tempo, instead of trying to "crush" every shot.

Yesterday turned out to be a dream pairing. We were playing two man best ball, and my partner had to cancel at the last minute, which meant I wouldn't know who my teammate was until they did a blind draw  after we were done. That took a lot of pressure to perform off of me, as did the fact the team I played with were two really nice guys. One is a good friend who plays to a 11, and the other was just the type of player I needed to be with after all my whining last week. He was once an excellent player, a few strokes above scratch. He suffers from a disease now that causes his hands to shake very badly. It's sad to watch him hit a ball so poorly, and even more heart breaking to watch him try to steady them and try to putt. He barely breaks a 100 now, yet never complains. He's a perfect gentleman who carries himself like he's still the player he was, and he's always encouraging to others.

I hit the ball really well yesterday, my irons were so much better. The putter was cold at the beginning, and I had a few 3 putts on the opening nine. That evened out though, as I later made a few long ones I wasn't expecting. It was a good day. Same course I blew up on Saturday, I shot a 43-41/84 yesterday.

Bottom line? I need to learn I'm not a Tour Pro, lol. I'm going to play badly at times. Stop beating myself up when I do. It's not the end of the world. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

:ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta 

:callaway-small: Rogue 15* Quaranta

:callaway-small: Rogue X 3&4 Synergy

:callaway-small: Rogue X 5-AW Synergy 

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52-8 & 56-10 

:scotty-small: Newport Select 2.0 33.5"

@MaxEntropy and @Grand Stranded... It's great to see you guys recover from your issues, play well and have fun.  While I am waaaaaay past my competing days, I enjoy hearing about your successes.  Congratulations!!  

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....
We had the championship match tonight. My opponent and I were next to each other on the range hitting bombs with beautiful flight. As is usually the case, we both stunk it up a bit on the course. We ended up tied on strokes (both +2 over our HC's) and we were close on holes, but I think I beat him. My partner handily beat his opponent. Overall, it was a great season. My partner has been playing in leagues a long time and figured something out - he dropped his handicap 5 strokes this season so will be bumped to A flight next year. I managed to drop mine 2 strokes, which I'll take.
Tonight I started par, par, bogey and finished par, bogey so I was +7 on the other holes with 3 penalties. According to Arccos, chipping was the best part of my game. Go figure, after having the yips this weekend. Getting back to the basics and trying [mention=69826]Tsmithjr9[/mention]'s tip helped greatly. I even chipped one in.
Woooooooooo congrats!

Take Dead Aim

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Slater said:

Played really well today, broke 80.  I was able to put it all together finally.

That is awesome, well done.

• Like 2

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unnoficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

56 minutes ago, Slater said:

Played really well today, broke 80.  I was able to put it all together finally.

Virtual✋

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

What a FANTASTIC day. Beautiful early fall day here in the northeast at very nice course that is a treat to play.

Overall 83. 7/14 FIR 10/18 GIR and a few 3 putts. 1 Bird 8 Pars 6 Bogeys 3 Doubles

Overall game was very good (around the green was eh)

image.png.482b4c59ccb4c369fc9f138014eba7fc.png

Handful of PB but beat my best drive....twice:

IMG_5420.PNG.998fbcc2d21a8298e7e3ffb5944004f6.PNGIMG_5421.PNG.8f33906341932f2985d5a6a2e2bd3f55.PNG

Also had a very nice 9 iron that landed about 5' from the pin and spun back to 3' pin high for my only bird of the day:

IMG_2054.jpeg.e2c36c715cefd3805558662fa8158812.jpegIMG_5422.PNG.be463356de69dcf3727939badbc37c5f.PNG

Other than that just a beautiful day (interesting side note the haze in the sky on the first 2 here is from the CA wildfires)

IMG_5415.jpg.d886b31c755a7fd9ad28d5ea4bf68c3a.jpgIMG_5414.jpg.65c4551f6ca4dc88a4b3b47abc9f8018.jpgIMG_5416.jpg.d9e55e1d51873300084c56bc8c90b9cf.jpg

• Like 9

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸