Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Well it is now 2 days after my CPO round at Saddlebrook Resort.  I think I have a pulled muscle in my middle back.  I remember pulling it on Saturday, right about the time that my game went south.......:-(  I did not get a good nights sleep last night as I could just not get comfortable. There is not enough muscle rub right now.....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Well it is now 2 days after my CPO round at Saddlebrook Resort.  I think I have a pulled muscle in my middle back.  I remember pulling it on Saturday, right about the time that my game went south.......:-(  I did not get a good nights sleep last night as I could just not get comfortable. There is not enough muscle rub right now.....

Getting old ain't for sissies...  but it DOES beat the alternative!

Just imagine how badly we'd be out of shape if we DIDN'T play golf.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I have found that a good massage therapist will help. Unfortunately, the good one I had got married and moved to Seattle. I have been to a couple of others, but they weren't the same. Massages help, but I'm still looking for the good one.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My Dad use to always say...."Any day you can put both feet on the ground is going to be a good day".

On top of that.....I have to travel this week on business.....

Anybody have any Flexoril?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I have found that a good massage therapist will help. Unfortunately, the good one I had got married and moved to Seattle. I have been to a couple of others, but they weren't the same. Massages help, but I'm still looking for the good one.

In a rare moment of sanity in my youth, I married a nurse ;) 

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

You mean: "you liked your previous physio better than the hack you have now"

You can't help Tiger pays better and is selfish

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

In a rare moment of sanity in my youth, I married a nurse ;)

Good planning on your part! I married someone who doesn't like to cook much, so we tend to eat out a lot. But she is 9 years younger than I am, so maybe she can drive me to the course when I can't!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Tiger who?!

The old washed up guy with all the money haha

Shot 91 today which is a new low. Left a lot of shots out there. Especially with the short game but I'm loving the improvement!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Quit my job today so decided hey it's nice out lets go out and play- horrible idea... There's a course near me I've always wanted to play, Highlands of Elgin. Awesome layout but links style with a heap load of dog legs that if you don't know where to go, you're dead. played it from about 7k I think- result was 6 penalties off the tee, 35 putts, couldn't hit a fairway or green to save my life! I shot a whopper of an 84 and I believe that's my highest round in about 15 years.

Can't wait to play it again, maybe this week. Should be a ton easier without the penalties!!!

Quit my job today so decided hey it's nice out lets go out and play- horrible idea... There's a course near me I've always wanted to play, Highlands of Elgin. Awesome layout but links style with a heap load of dog legs that if you don't know where to go, you're dead. played it from about 7k I think- result was 6 penalties off the tee, 35 putts, couldn't hit a fairway or green to save my life! I shot a whopper of an 84 and I believe that's my highest round in about 15 years.

Can't wait to play it again, maybe this week. Should be a ton easier without the penalties!!!

Hope you find a New gig you enjoy more! Also I feel your pain about the penalty shots. Golf is so much easier without them lol Enjoy your week of golf!

I actually really liked this course, it's much better since they closed the other side of the street, and opened the matching 9, Alot of blind shots if I remember, and trouble like you said, especially if you don't know where the trouble is. It's a nice course though either way

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I don't think a round of golf played right after quitting your job is a fair test of your game on a course.  Stress, anxiety, just stray thoughts running through your head.  After a few days your focus will be a lot better... and you now know the course better!  I am expecting a much better round the next time.  :)

And good luck with finding your next job, or not!

After yesterday's outer body experience I was itching to get back on the course. Decided to play my first ever round at Hilldale GC which is a Robert Trent Jones, Sr. design that's about 20 min from my house and known to have the "best greens in the burbs." After playing, I don't think I'd ever say that about this place.

Course was short, tight, and overall a very fun layout. The par 71 layout played about 6500 yards. Got paired up with two local college kids for the front nine and then two older ladies for the back nine.

I hit my driver a whopping 4 times today. I can't remember the last time I hit so many irons and hybrids due to snap dog legs and not knowing where to go.

Bookend birdies today for a crowd pleasing 68. Felt good after yesterday's abomination. Only hit 5/14 fairways but still managed 14/18 greens with 28 putts and 5 birdies 2 bogeys. Had four lip outs, too.

Looking back I wish I would've signed my glove and ball for the two old ladies. #toursauce

Nice round apprenti.  Video of the glove presentation would have been priceless.  Please tell me you at least mocked the ladies a bit when you hit it 100 yards by them???

When I played golf with my 9 year old last week he drove one of the greens (I think it played like 155 yards) he hit his tee ball and immediately picked up the tee and told me "easy game".  Considering he normally only plays golf with me I think I need to tone down my #toursauce when I am out with him.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Played today after work yesterday/last night. I was playing decent, cruising along nicely. 39 on the front. Just the usual inability to putt. Back started off normal. Got to 14 and BAM! Tripled 14,15 and 17. Lazy swings, poor decisions and lack of focus. I'll blame it on my lack of sleep. Looking forward to a good day tomorrow.

I did buy a sleeve of the Callaway Chrome Soft balls to try for the heck of it today. Really liking them so far.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Nice round apprenti. Video of the glove presentation would have been priceless. Please tell me you at least mocked the ladies a bit when you hit it 100 yards by them???

When I played golf with my 9 year old last week he drove one of the greens (I think it played like 155 yards) he hit his tee ball and immediately picked up the tee and told me "easy game". Considering he normally only plays golf with me I think I need to tone down my #toursauce when I am out with him.

Hahaha that's great! Good for him! Glad to hear he's enjoying it!

The second hole I played with them I hit driver- 600+ yard uphill dog leg right and had 240 left. Let's just say they knew.

Hahaha that's great! Good for him! Glad to hear he's enjoying it!

The second hole I played with them I hit driver- 600+ yard uphill dog leg right and had 240 left. Let's just say they knew.

You must have broke out the Jack Hamm POOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!! to get it out there like that!

WITB 2024

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

You must have broke out the Jack Hamm POOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!! to get it out there like that!

Hahaha it was a dog leg, so I was able to take off a bunch. They said they couldn't track my ball unless they were directly behind me, even then they still were guessing. I know they had as much fun as I did. Even got them some Mike's hard so I wouldn't be drinking alone!

...Even got them some Mike's hard so I wouldn't be drinking alone!

You're officially invited to any round I play.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Lots of sauce to go around I see. Love it!

Also nice round Apprenti!

Just finished entering a few scores I wasn't looking forward to putting on paper. Even after entering two scores in the 90's and a whopper round of 100, the index is still a respectable 4.7. I feel like I'm cheating, but I had some good rounds last year.

I have one more bad round to give, but after that the index is going to balloon.

Luckily my swing is WAAAAY better. Just need to drop some putts.....

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Played Saturday and shot a 88. 45 on the front wasn't too bad considering there were no flags. Cart guy picked them up because they weren't expecting anyone... and then I showed up. The back I had flags so shot a few strokes better. Parred the last 3 holes so it made me really happy to recover the way I did.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

After yesterday's outer body experience I was itching to get back on the course. Decided to play my first ever round at Hilldale GC which is a Robert Trent Jones, Sr. design that's about 20 min from my house and known to have the "best greens in the burbs." After playing, I don't think I'd ever say that about this place.

Course was short, tight, and overall a very fun layout. The par 71 layout played about 6500 yards. Got paired up with two local college kids for the front nine and then two older ladies for the back nine.

I hit my driver a whopping 4 times today. I can't remember the last time I hit so many irons and hybrids due to snap dog legs and not knowing where to go.

Bookend birdies today for a crowd pleasing 68. Felt good after yesterday's abomination. Only hit 5/14 fairways but still managed 14/18 greens with 28 putts and 5 birdies 2 bogeys. Had four lip outs, too.

Looking back I wish I would've signed my glove and ball for the two old ladies. #toursauce

Did you play from the Red Tees on the back, to keep the Ladies from being uncomfortable?

I haven't played in almost 3 weeks.  Still looking after my mom and dad; cooking, cleaning, driving to Dr. and therapy appointments.  We have been looking at assisted living places and I think they are finally ready to move.  We just have to wait until there is an opening.

Since we didn't have any appointments today, I decided to sneak out and play 18 at a local course.  I have played it a few times in the past, but didn't really expect to play well.  I just needed to get outside and get some exercise.  So, I walked.  Nothing spectacular, but I did shoot 40/41 = 81.  The driver was working great.  I only missed two fairways, and those weren't by much.  The rough was pretty short so it wasn't a factor.  I did have some tree trouble even from some fairways for second shots (this is a tree-lined course with big old trees; see pics below).  

My second shots sucked.  I only hit 5 greens in regulation, but I only had 30 putts (still looking at the hole on anything inside 8 feet.);  Seven 1-putts including two 10 footers and two 6 footers.  It took me a while to get used to the greens because I didn't have time to spend my usual time on the practice green.  I had a grounds crewman on a leaf blower in my line of sight on 3 straight holes.  I could have killed him.  I don't like people in my range, even if they are off the fairway.  

My memorable hole was the last one (#9 as we started off #10 tee).  Par 5 hit a nice tee shot, but pull-drawed my second behind some trees; no shot to the green.  I hit a low 25 yard hook around the trees with my 42 SCOR on the green to 10 feet; made the bird to end my round.  I'm happy.

I am heading home on Sunday or Monday to check out of my office and sign forms so I can retire next month.  Hope to play some golf with my wife for a few days before heading back down to my parent's house (300 miles).  At least I haven't forgotten how to play!

Hole #1  Salem Golf Club  Straight Par 5

INBOX297052989f4570d4725f8bd9642fb3311cc14.jpg

Hole #10  Salem Golf Club  Dogleg Right Par 4

INBOX297063f413ca7e49b29ef9a0b39a4ecb016a2.jpg

Was supposed to play nine this morning before work and got rained out.  Still managed to hit balls from the indoor stalls that are used to fitting and lessons.  Still getting through the process and building on it day by day and shot by shot.  Caught a few balls a groove low, but overall making progress.  Very comfortable with where I am in the process. #toursauce

WITB 2024

Played with my FIL this morning at Maplecrest in Kent, OH. Shot a crowd pleasing 88...third time I've shot under 90! :D

He got me by 1, which is an accomplishment for me because my goal is to beat him. (He was a scratch player before age and health caught up with him) We both left a lot of shots out there.

https://www.golfpadgps.com/round/RVJJRF

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!