TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

4 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Reminds me of a Steven Wright bit: "My girlfriend asked me if I slept well last night and I said No ... I made a few mistakes". 

Ya killin me.  Okay now go answer my rules question.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Back-2-back 76's this weekend!  Shot the same scores today on front/back as I did yesterday... EVEN/+4... 76.  I think I have shot EVEN on the front 9 maybe a total of 5 times in 7 years.

I got to EVEN a little differently today.  Started with a double on #1... don't ask!, then bogeyed #5.  I birdied #7, 8, and 9... all were 8-foot putts.  I have NEVER had 3 birdies in a row... ever!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Owen and I played Orchard Valley in Aurora yesterday with our friends Paul and Chris.  First time at that course for any of us.  Tons of rain Friday and early Saturday letting up roughly half an hour before tee time at 1.  Pretty quickly got hot and humid.  Strict cart path only due to the rain.  Probably should have stayed home but we were excited to try somewhere new.

Nice course; would love to go back and play under better circumstances.  Lots of water to deal with and overall pretty tight everywhere.  On the front nine I shot 53, Paul 55, Owen 51, and Chris 75.  By about the sixth or seventh hole, Chris was done.  He golfs rarely and it seemed like every shot went to the opposite side from the cart path.  We were all pretty off ...I don't think any of us hit a par 3 GIR all day.

On the back nine we decided to 2v2 scramble which lit a fire in Owen.  Aside from two nice putts from Chris, Owen beat Paul and I singlehandedly by several strokes.  His highlight of the day was bending a 3 wood approach shot from behind a tree 200 yards to the apron just shy of the green.  Wild shot.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

Things really clicked with my swing today.   12 Fairways and 16 greens (one was about 3 feet off and the other was due to a penalty off the tee).   Putting was my achilles heel as I had 39 putts (3 3 putts)    39/37:76 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

36 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Putting was my achilles heel as I had 39 putts (3 3 putts)    39/37:76

Always seems to work that way, doesn't it? One thing goes really well and then something else doesn't cooperate. So maddening.

Very nice round.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Things really clicked with my swing today.   12 Fairways and 16 greens (one was about 3 feet off and the other was due to a penalty off the tee).   Putting was my achilles heel as I had 39 putts (3 3 putts)    39/37:76 

Still solid golf. DF 2.1 giving you problems? 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 minute ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Still solid golf. DF 2.1 giving you problems? 

Pulled it out of the bag last week.   Was using my Seemore which was pretty good except on those 3 putts;  they were 40, 46, and 89 foot putts.   

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, Syks7 said:

Went out for a twilight practice round with my instructor and played pretty much as badly as I could possibly play.  Well not quite, I was decent off the tee.  Mediocre on approach, and god awful on and around the green.  I currently have the worst case of the yips I've ever had putting.  It's been coming on for a while.  It's all speed control and it's all stroke related but I cant' find my feel.  (Bad enough that my instructor said leave everything but your putter at home for the next lesson)  The good news is that my instructor got to see what my game looks like when I'm struggling and we identified a lot of areas that we can easily save strokes.  

Also, one of the cool parts about the day was that he invited two young ladies out to play with us.  Both of them top ranked Amateurs in southern California, one ranked pretty high nationally.  They were both +4's and he told me that he expects to pay attention because these two girls are what tour players look like in high school and early college.  He expects that both of them will be playing at LPGA level at some point.  It was eye opening and incredible.  We are not playing the same game as they are.  To any yahoo that thinks a scratch golfer can compete with the ladies, it's a hard no.  The level of consistency is unbelievable.  I learned a ton just watching them.  Pretty fun even though I was terrible.

After all this is NOT WRX I do not think anyone seriously here on MGS thinks a scratch golfer can compete with a LPGA pro. If they do they are as you said a yahoo. I got laughed off one of the main WRX threads one night for suggesting some of us more seasoned players could take a page or 2 from the LPGA playbook as far as equipment selection goes. I know I did with the addition of the 7 & 9 woods. Other smart seasoned players have went the hybrid route. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Finished up my “bachelor weekend” today with a decent 83 at Timberline. Hit my irons much better but left a lot on the bone with some bad reads on 4-5 putts off the fringe. Did not drive it well at all, as I only hit 4 fairways and had 3 penalties. Overall a good day to still “salvage” an 83 and the course was fairly empty too so we finished in 3 hours. 

Back to real life tomorrow!

17EFD7EA-8AF6-41A2-81DC-5CC6511CEFA4.jpeg.02ada65e1625f40fb30999259f7e2417.jpeg

:cobra-small: Radspeed Driver 10.5*

:cobra-small: Radspeed 3W 14.5*

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4H 22*

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 52* Mid Bounce

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Wedge 56* Mid Bounce

Kirkland Signature KS1 Putter

35 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

After all this is NOT WRX I do not think anyone seriously here on MGS thinks a scratch golfer can compete with a LPGA pro.

... So many are delusional over there. A long hitting +1 or better may be able to give a shorter hitting LPGA Pro a run for her money at 7200 yds or longer but I think she would still win. From 6700 yds or under he wouldn't stand a chance.  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

5 hours ago, chisag said:

... So many are delusional over there. A long hitting +1 or better may be able to give a shorter hitting LPGA Pro a run for her money at 7200 yds or longer but I think she would still win. From 6700 yds or under he wouldn't stand a chance.  

Maybe but he better be one of those +1 s that has a hell of a short game. Those ladies have such a deft touch on and around those greens. And some of the Asian ladies are not as long but I swear they are deadly with those hybrids on approach. i have a friend of mine his oldest daughter has limited status on the Symetra Tour and she has the length and ball striking. Her only hold back is her putting. We had a lady down here who played the LPGA some but lost her card. My other bud who was an instructor worked with her some. Now I was still on my game then and we used to play her and made her play from the tips with us. Now she was shorter than us off the tee but one hell of a ball striker and straight too. Her hold up was the putting too. I told her one time if she could putt she would cream our butts. We have another ex LPGA player here that is now an instructor. Do not really know her stats. But from what I have seen and heard she is a good instructor. In fact if my wife wants to get serious that is who I will send her too. LOL you have known me long enough and would you or anyone else think I would teach her some of the crap I do?

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Played like a steaming pile of 💩 yesterday. Shot a 94, a bloody 94. I think @The Hat has put a curse on me because he's been retired.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 hours ago, cnosil said:

Pulled it out of the bag last week.   Was using my Seemore which was pretty good except on those 3 putts;  they were 40, 46, and 89 foot putts.   

89 foot putt😱

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Maybe but he better be one of those +1 s that has a hell of a short game. Those ladies have such a deft touch on and around those greens. And some of the Asian ladies are not as long but I swear they are deadly with those hybrids on approach. i have a friend of mine his oldest daughter has limited status on the Symetra Tour and she has the length and ball striking. Her only hold back is her putting. We had a lady down here who played the LPGA some but lost her card. My other bud who was an instructor worked with her some. Now I was still on my game then and we used to play her and made her play from the tips with us. Now she was shorter than us off the tee but one hell of a ball striker and straight too. Her hold up was the putting too. I told her one time if she could putt she would cream our butts. We have another ex LPGA player here that is now an instructor. Do not really know her stats. But from what I have seen and heard she is a good instructor. In fact if my wife wants to get serious that is who I will send her too. LOL you have known me long enough and would you or anyone else think I would teach her some of the crap I do?

The owner of the company I worked for his hobby (he had a group) was backing up and coming golfers. Occasionally he would call me to fill in a 4some and join his “audition” of the prospect. 
One of the prospective golfers was a very good female.  From Tee to Green she was off the charts, way out ahead of us, just solid.  Her only flaw I could see was putting.  
The group declined backing her not sure reason.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

8 minutes ago, Rickp said:

89 foot putt😱

Yep.  My ball was touching the fringe on the front corner and the pin was back right.   Made a terrible read on the break and ended up 17 feet away for the second putt (I wasn’t short on the putt just broke a lot).  There are some big greens on this course and you can end up with some really long putts if you are on the wrong side if the green.  

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Yep.  My ball was touching the fringe on the front corner and the pin was back right.   Made a terrible read on the break and ended up 17 feet away for the second putt (I wasn’t short on the putt just broke a lot).  There are some big greens on this course and you can end up with some really long putts if you are on the wrong side if the green.  

Underclubbed approach again, eh?  🤣  Nice recovery!!  😉

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 hours ago, cnosil said:

89 footer where in the world were you at?---- St Andrews. If I had a putt that long glad they let you leave the flag in now because I could not see the hole at that distance

G

27 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

89 footer where in the world were you at?---- St Andrews. If I had a putt that long glad they let you leave the flag in now because I could not see the hole at that distance

Royal New Kent in providence forge, Va; it has some big greens.   It is links style.  

here is the green I was on

DDAC06AE-0719-49A9-888E-7C1CDFB0A13E.png.e0262a36dabab78fcea47b8b732bd241.png

and here is one that is probably the biggest.  You’d have to hit a really bad approach to be hitting the 100+‘ putt but I am sure someone has done it   They generally put the pin right side forcing you to deal with the deep bunkers.

5A28DC7B-719A-4E90-8D54-CDDAA9ABE7C0.png.4a6a5356baa1b4a9950ad0433b59bb2f.png

17 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Maybe but he better be one of those +1 s that has a hell of a short game. Those ladies have such a deft touch on and around those greens. And some of the Asian ladies are not as long but I swear they are deadly with those hybrids on approach.

... As I said Stu may give her a run for her money but still lose even at 7200+. And at the women's normal yardage they would just get owned. I saw a video that proved your post, although it was only one player it was still interesting. I can't remember the index of the challenger but wanna say a 2 that hit it 300+ yds? Challenged an Asian Tour lady that was a lower ranked player on a 7300 yd course. Lots of great golf from the lady and as you said a killer short game but the thing that stood out the most for me was she just played her own game. Many par 4's were unreachable for her but instead of swinging harder, she stuck to her own game hitting driver then fw or hybrid short of the green, chipping/pitching close and making par. If it was reachable with a few she was on and made some birdies while the guy missed the green with an iron. Some of those longer holes the guy tried for a little more distance to use his advantage and it worked some and backfired others. 

... In the end great play in all aspects of the game, something any tour pro can do including Symetra, beats distance every time. He!! I just watched the Jr Girls Am and in the semi finals a 14yr old advanced with 9 birdies in 13 holes on a difficult course! 

ER-ER-ER-ER-ERRRRRRRR!

Just have to crow a bit as yesterday I hit a personal milestone.  Been playing about 3 years and have been working hard the last 6 months or so to break 110.  Well, I did it.  Not only did I break 110, but I broke 100, and shot a 94.  Felt damn good.  

That round dropped my handicap 4.3 points. Came dangerously close to acing two of the par 3s.  Birdied one, and made a stupid putt to end up par on the second one.  Made par on my nemesis hole too.  And the weather was great!

Even better was that I can see some mistakes that I could eliminate down the road.  Currently the longest club I use is my 5 hybrid, and am starting to get full distance out of it.  Once I can train up my woods and driver I see 85 coming in soon after.

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 12.18.22 PM.png

Driver - PXG GEN5 0311FX 9°+1° flat - ProjectX Cypher 40 5.5 trimmed to 44"
Wood - PXG GEN5 0311FX 4-wood flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5 
Hybrid - PXG 0211 22° flat - ProjectX Cypher 50 5.5  and Adams Idea 5HY - 39" Fubuki z60 Hy Flex-R shaft
Irons - 5-PW Callaway Rouge ST Max w / ProjectX Tour Flighted 105 steel shafts
Wedges - Kirkland Signature G/S/L
Putter - Kirkland Signature KS1   Wilson Brass Tech BT-2 with Garsen ULTIMATE grip

Balls - Titelist Pro V1 (PROTO 388) and Pro V1x (PROTO 348 test balls from current '22 ball test.

RH player shooting ~112 in Portland, Oregon.  New to the game and improving every week!

Golf. G.O.L.F.
..continually frustrating yet always still compelling...

So my golf play continues to waver between some ok / some not so ok. Mentioned many times in this thread but I think my biggest obstacle to real improvement is still -me- ... and my lack of confidence on the course / lack of a good mental game... Working on it!

Anyway, some *good* swing things from the past few 9 hole rounds include:
- hit 4 ok enough tee shots last round .. 2 x 3W and 2 x driver .. none very far but all towards the hole 😆
- corollary: getting better at rescue / punch-out shots 😂
- starting to hit a few short iron approach shots here and there; too many are still short, left, right but once in a while 😉
- wedges around the greens slowly improving .. starting to get the ball closer and starting to make an up & down occasionally 🙂
- putting continues to incrementally improve .. more first putts are starting on-line and ending up closer and closer to the hole .. a few more second putts are starting to drop .. tho I am burning a LOT of edges ...
(..and, it appears, more often on the right edge of the cup .. so I presume that indicates a tendency to either push the ball and/or leave the face a hair open at impact...)

Next week and a half are prepping for my "major" = MGS Annapolis get-together 👍

Meet-Up thread ... https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/51906-1st-annual-mgs-regional-golf-outing-pre-event-chat/#comments

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

5 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Just got back from a weeks vacation with the Family to Chelan, WA. Was unable to get away to go hang out with other Spy's but did get in 2 rounds.. Played Bear Mountain Ranch in Chelan on Monday the 18th. Played a good front 9 with a few missed opportunities. Hit Sand traps on all but 4 holes. Was very disappointed, $100 for a Monday morning round course was in good shape not great shape,  and most of the traps had Very little sand ( less than 1/2 inch ) and the sand looked like it had not been maintained ( compact, with water trails running through it).. Shot a 48/56 back nine ate me up. then on Wed the 20th we played Chelan Municipal course, This course was in better shape (IMO) and was $59 + cart for $16. Struggled all round but did not give a darn, on vacation LOL.. the course had a tournament coming the next weekend so hole location were Brutal. 1st hole stuck it 2 ft past and 6 ft left of the hole Hit a good putt  missed it by 1/2" and rolled off the front of the green 2nd putt was 6" short coming back up and again rolled off.. Every pin was on the edge or right by a drop off.. did not keep score, Son did so i did not know where i stood, ended up carding a 102.. but played with Son and Grandson.. it was fantastic.. the diabolical 12 at chelan, was pretty decent.. green was wet so Putts at least stayed on the green.. 

Had an amazing week now back to reality.. 😜

Dang!  Should have hollered.  It's been a long time since I played Bear Mountain Ranch and even longer since I played the muni (played a pro-am when I was an 18 hcp... max hcp for the tournament was 16.  Needless to say...  

My wife went to Spokane this morning with two groups of ladies to play Hangman Valley (Oops! I mean Latah Creek for those sensitive types 😂) this afternoon, then playing The Creek at Qualchan in the morning before coming home.  I wasn't invited.

I thought I would walk 9 holes this morning; made it through 6 before I had to quit due to slow play; very hot and humid after the irrigation all night and I needed a shower before my appointment.

... Been really struggling with my game since Bronchitis hit me almost 6 weeks ago. Started steroids Saturday and they really helped but I am going in for a chest x ray and hopefully I won't need antibiotics. Anyway the steroids took away the worst symptoms and I kinda felt close to normal today and shot 72 on aerated greens so it could have been lower I think. Hit the ball as well as I have in months and my swing felt effortless, again something I haven't felt recently. I think I have made the decision to sell my Stealth because the Sim Max is virtually identical when hit well and when hit poorly there isn't a lot of difference. But I will need a few more rounds to verify since I am feeling and swinging better again.

On 7/25/2022 at 2:12 AM, cnosil said:

Those are some seriously long putts. First time I read your post I thought you made those 3 putts and 3 putted from shorter range. 🤦‍♂️

Do those greens have a lot of slope on them?

Edited by Philip_R

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg TS3 8.5°

default_taylormade-small.jpg.38fe6f95dda21245f3fac3407e54d0b3.jpg RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5°

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX Utility 3 iron

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX7 4 Iron - PW

default_cleveland-small.jpg.903af6280bdadd06ef9c8f0c4dfe4218.jpg 54° and 60° Wedges

default_scotty-cameron-1.gif.aa4eac2325a98c0e94d74d30721a263a.gif Newport 2 Gunmetal

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg Pro V1

Garmin Fenix 6 X Pro with Garmin Golf to track stats and use for on course range finding

I played 9 holes with the kids on Sunday, was hitting the ball well, just slightly spraying the tee shots, missed a lot of fairways by a meter or 2. Only had 14 puts on the 9 holes for a solid 39, considering I made a double drop on the 3rd hole stroke 1.  I just cannot get my head around that tee shot. If you cannot hit a controlled fade the fairway is not in play from the tee. And I cannot hit a fade on demand with my driver....or 3 wood.... or pretty much any club in my bag. I can hit it straight, but that still ends up in the bush if I miss the Tamboti Tree 30m infront of the teebox and hit it far enough to reach the 475 yard par 4 in 2. 

It is strange that a Tamboti tree or any part of it in a camp or cooking fire will terribly upset ones stomach, just the thought of that one on the golf course upsets me....

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg TS3 8.5°

default_taylormade-small.jpg.38fe6f95dda21245f3fac3407e54d0b3.jpg RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5°

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX Utility 3 iron

default_srixon-small.jpg.a483cde88014a8db05be8135e23aff6e.jpg ZX7 4 Iron - PW

default_cleveland-small.jpg.903af6280bdadd06ef9c8f0c4dfe4218.jpg 54° and 60° Wedges

default_scotty-cameron-1.gif.aa4eac2325a98c0e94d74d30721a263a.gif Newport 2 Gunmetal

default_titelist-small.jpg.ce9f42d5694f285c498235c26f81ca24.jpg Pro V1

Garmin Fenix 6 X Pro with Garmin Golf to track stats and use for on course range finding

Played our club quarter final of the fourball better ball last night and got humped 5&4. It was a pretty level game in terms of strokes with me and one of my opponents getting getting 4 and the other 2 guys off scratch. 

We could have been 3 up after 3 after a lip out, one left hanging over the lip and a miss from 4 feet but that was the last chances we had. Lost 4 to birdie, 5 to birdie, 6 to par, 7 halved in net birdies, lost 8 to birdie, 4 down at the turn. Started being a bit more aggressive, made birdies on 12 and 13 to halve them to eventually falter at 14. they missed their birdie at 14, meaning I had to chip in from about 30 feet birdie or my partner putt from 4 feet both missed. 

The high handicapper (8) played really well, supported by his partner. On the par 5s he was 2 under and driving the ball long and straight., ditto for his 3w.

Onto next year.   

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

14 hours ago, chisag said:

... As I said Stu may give her a run for her money but still lose even at 7200+. And at the women's normal yardage they would just get owned. I saw a video that proved your post, although it was only one player it was still interesting. I can't remember the index of the challenger but wanna say a 2 that hit it 300+ yds? Challenged an Asian Tour lady that was a lower ranked player on a 7300 yd course. Lots of great golf from the lady and as you said a killer short game but the thing that stood out the most for me was she just played her own game. Many par 4's were unreachable for her but instead of swinging harder, she stuck to her own game hitting driver then fw or hybrid short of the green, chipping/pitching close and making par. If it was reachable with a few she was on and made some birdies while the guy missed the green with an iron. Some of those longer holes the guy tried for a little more distance to use his advantage and it worked some and backfired others. 

... In the end great play in all aspects of the game, something any tour pro can do including Symetra, beats distance every time. He!! I just watched the Jr Girls Am and in the semi finals a 14yr old advanced with 9 birdies in 13 holes on a difficult course! 

Aw heck a high school girls player could beat me now. I cant break an egg. Yep I have readapted my game to just that hitting the 3 wood and 7 wood into some greens and hoping. My chipping is still pretty spot on but my putting has gotten streaky. Back in my heydays i did not hit a lot of greens with my irons but relied on my short game and putting. Naaw even in my heyday I knew who to take on and who to run from. LOL would have never dreamed of taking on Beth Daniel or Nancy Lopez.

G

15 hours ago, cnosil said:

Royal New Kent in providence forge, Va; it has some big greens.   It is links style.  

here is the green I was on

DDAC06AE-0719-49A9-888E-7C1CDFB0A13E.png.e0262a36dabab78fcea47b8b732bd241.png

and here is one that is probably the biggest.  You’d have to hit a really bad approach to be hitting the 100+‘ putt but I am sure someone has done it   They generally put the pin right side forcing you to deal with the deep bunkers.

5A28DC7B-719A-4E90-8D54-CDDAA9ABE7C0.png.4a6a5356baa1b4a9950ad0433b59bb2f.png

Oh man I would love it---- One of those courses I would try to play links style would not care if I shot 110 or not. Oh yes blade 1 iron would be in the bag--- I can still hit a chest high screamer cut with one but only 180 yards or so now.

G