Our Sponsors

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

Posted Images

My BIL came over from Seattle for the weekend and played with my wife and I today.  He struggled with his two bad knees.  I struggled on the front nine again. Shot 42 with one birdie and one double (just to make @CarlH happy).  The back nine was better.  Started hitting better drives; shot 38 with one birdie.  So, a respectable round of 80.

On my nemesis hole #18 a dogleg right par 5 playing into a 15-20 mph wind, I hit one of my best drives of the day but it still put me behind that s**#@ tree at the corner.  Can't go over; a straight shot puts me in the bunker 150y from the green with my next shot all carry over sand and/or water to the green.  My usual option is to punch a shot 30y down the fairway and hit my 4th shot onto the green.  Today I tried hitting a low 7i draw around the tree.  I might have been able to hit that shot with a 6i, but anything longer runs into that same fairway bunker unless it's a big hook; not in my arsenal.  I love it when a shot works out just the way you plan it, particularly when it's a shot that is not routine.  A PW shot to a back pin left me with a 5 foot birdie putt.  As the announcers on the European Tour would say... "Just a par".  😠

• Like 8

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My BIL came over from Seattle for the weekend and played with my wife and I today.  He struggled with his two bad knees.  I struggled on the front nine again. Shot 42 with one birdie and one double (just to make @CarlH happy).  The back nine was better.  Started hitting better drives; shot 38 with one birdie.  So, a respectable round of 80.

On my nemesis hole #18 a dogleg right par 5 playing into a 15-20 mph wind, I hit one of my best drives of the day but it still put me behind that s**#@ tree at the corner.  Can't go over; a straight shot puts me in the bunker 150y from the green with my next shot all carry over sand and/or water to the green.  My usual option is to punch a shot 30y down the fairway and hit my 4th shot onto the green.  Today I tried hitting a low 7i draw around the tree.  I might have been able to hit that shot with a 6i, but anything longer runs into that same fairway bunker unless it's a big hook; not in my arsenal.  I love it when a shot works out just the way you plan it, particularly when it's a shot that is not routine.  A PW shot to a back pin left me with a 5 foot birdie putt.  As the announcers on the European Tour would say... "Just a par".  😠

We all have those holes, actually I feel like I hit into the same spot almost every round. Then proceeded to make similar mistakes. One of these days I'll change it up.

• Like 4

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

Does “like s***” count? For those golfers that have bifocals, how long before you get used to the ball not being blurry? It was about 5 holes that I either figured it out, or got used to it. With that being said, will I need to readjust every time I go play? I can’t afford anymore doubles to start my rounds with

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Sad 4

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Mizuno JPX EZ 3W, 14U

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Played ho hum lousy golf Monday, Tuesday. Friday 1st 2 holes Par, Birdie so I knew it was going to be bad . Fortunately not so bad, 2 bogies 5 Pars, Life is Good.
Irons working really well but the Driver is still not cooperating. I washed it and can’t do a thing with it.
Didn’t play Wednesday, had clutch problem w the Yamaha and needed a new drive belt.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

11 hours ago, chisag said:

... I can't believe you used the S word!?!?! It is only September and I won ;t get out to Phoenix until at least November. 

We've already had another snow day two weeks ago but that stayed up in the peaks around us.  My wife checked the calendar and it was this same week last year that we had our first clear the front deck work party.  I use snow sweeping/shoveling as my time to fly (drive) meter.  If you'd like to meet-up for a round of golf, let me know when you're in AZ.  There are a couple of other spies in the area and we could put a round-up together 👍.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Something clicked with the new system on Friday. Shot 36-42 at home, only 1 birdie. 3 doubles on the back doomed my overall score, but it was the best round in a month. 2 penalties and a bad drive on 18 were the culprits.

Take Dead Aim

• Like 6
1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

We've already had another s*** day two weeks ago but that stayed up in the peaks around us.  My wife checked the calendar and it was this same week last year that we had our first clear the front deck work party.  I use s*** sweeping/shoveling as my time to fly (drive) meter.  If you'd like to meet-up for a round of golf, let me know when you're in AZ.  There are a couple of other spies in the area and we could put a round-up together 👍.

... I feel like I am in a Monty Python movie. You used the S word two more times!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

- 45 (43 ESC) (+9)
- 4/7 FIR
- 3/9 GIR
- 15 Putts (6 2-putts, 3 1-putts)

Score looks worse than the round went. Last nice warm morning of the season. 

I putted really well again, struck irons reasonably well and limited mistakes on all but two holes. Score killer was No. 7 where I recorded a +5 after losing my tee shot into No. 11 fairway and then being unable to get back through the trees to the fairway and green. 

I was planning on playing 18, but No. 7 kind of ruined the round a bit. Opted to pack it in after nine holes and enjoyed the nice weather with some coffee on the patio with the wife instead.

• Like 8

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.4 (Last Updated Nov. 10, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff
22° Hybrid:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING F8, 38.5", Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
5-GW:  
maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Played a fun Par 3 yesterday afternoon - holes range from 85 to 160 yds and several are tight with trees lining both sides and overhanging branches.

Been taking a series of lessons .. with the recent focus on my iron swing .. and am very (very!) happy to say some of the good stuff is actually starting to sink in!! Hit 5 / 9 greens (PB) - was almost 6, ball was on the left-front fringe near the pin - with pretty good (for me) distance and direction control.

Was +2 going into the last hole with 1 birdie, 4 pars, 3 bogeys - and one of the bogeys was a 3-putt after hitting the (130 yd) green! The first putt was right online and headed down the slightest downslope toward the hole when it just took off..?!? Ran waaaay past the hole... Second putt was also right online and the right distance, too, but .. did not take the break on that same slight slope that "should have" (quote-unquote) pushed it towards the hole... Sheesh silly putting!

Another bogey was a bad tee shot followed by a good pitch uphill, so a bit of a blind shot, but hit it a little low and it just ran through the green ... but: almost chipped in the next one! It took the slightest right turn just in front of the hole and finished only 3" past. Third bogey was just two sloppy shots in a row.

So .. #9. Solid tee shot and just the right distance (120 yds downhill), too, and only a few yards left of the small green ... but the ball hit something on the ground and took a big bounce and disappeared down the hill behind the hole... Dropped a ball and proceeded to fluff and duff two chips and hack the first putt for a nice double-par triple!

Anyway, we'll get 'em next time, right? But like I said, very happy with the improvement with the irons 👍
(and please pleeease pleeeeeeeeze let's hope it "sticks"!!) 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Overall, played poorly today. Front 9, was getting too quick with my tempo with driver, was hitting big push fades and push slices. Also struggled with hitting pushes with irons as well. 

Putting wasn't great today. Greens were aerated earlier in the week, so the greens were still sandy. Just really hard to putt when the greens are sandy, bumpy, and wet from a lot of rain.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

50/49 for 99. My inability to get off the tee is absolutely maddening. I had a number of good rounds in a row where my driver was pretty decent and the last 2-3 my tee game has disappeared. So frustrating taking repeated penalties and losing balls.

On the good side I parred 3 holes in a row which got me really excited for a decent round. Boy did that end quickly.

ETA: Also I lost my phone on hole 15. Thankfully I was able to find it relatively quickly but it threw me completely off. So now that’s keys I’ve lost on the course and now my phone too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

76 (41/35). Played really well from the 7th hole onward. Putted well! I used my Dad’s old Anser and my proximity to the hole on second putts was better than it’s been in awhile. It was a good day.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

It was an interesting day today...lol. On Thursday, I bent over to pick up a tennis ball for my dog. I felt my left quad muscle pop. I have been nursing it since.  I played today with my brother. The first drive was agony. I thought I was going to die!  I tried to swing easy and within myself for the remaining 17 holes. 

My brother beat me by a stroke..................... that has only happened twice in the last 5 years...lol. No excuses on my part.... I missed putts that I shouldn't have. I shot 85 and he shot 84. It was a great day and I bought him a beer at the end of the round for beating me. He played well.... and I was/am very happy for him!

• Like 9