Our Sponsors

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

Posted Images

Was supposed to play today, but only 2 of us showed up, so off we went in separate carts.  Nobody in front of us and we finished the front 9 in an hour.  I shot 40 (not taking time on putts mainly).  Went par, par, par when we finally caught up to the group in front of us.  They were incredibly slow and there were groups in front of them.  My playing partner and I jointly agreed to call it a day.  He drove back to #9 where he lives and I headed in to the clubhouse.

• Like 7

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

9 hours ago, yungkory said:

Don't know how you guys with actual seasons do it. My wedge distance control is hot trash after only 6 weeks in lockdown, can't imagine if it were twice that.

If you read our posts... apparently we don't.   🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Man, my game is like night and day......Sunday I shot a 41/41:82 at Pebble Creek, then Tuesday I shot 48/49:97 at Plantation Palms, then today I shot 41/40:81 at Pebble Creek. Had 2 birdies and two penalties that ended up as doubles. I am bouncing around like a yo-yo!

Looks like you are most familiar with Pebble Creek.  Isn't that your home course?  That would be reasonable.  

What is the status of Pebble Creek?  Didn't you say It was closing?

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Looks like you are most familiar with Pebble Creek.  Isn't that your home course?  That would be reasonable.  
What is the status of Pebble Creek?  Didn't you say It was closing?

Thanks KennyB, Pebble Creek is still for sale but there are no takers. The last group of developers said it would require several million dollars just to bring in dirt fill to bring the base up to where surrounding houses are. Not to mention, they must maintain the drainage as Pebble Creek drains into another large creek system. That said, I have been playing both courses weekly so I am familiar with both....just seems that PP is more difficult.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 4

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

1 hour ago, fozcycle said:

Thanks KennyB, Pebble Creek is still for sale but there are no takers. The last group of developers said it would require several million dollars just to bring in dirt fill to bring the base up to where surrounding houses are. Not to mention, they must maintain the drainage as Pebble Creek drains into another large creek system. That said, I have been playing both courses weekly so I am familiar with both....just seems that PP is more difficult.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

So, the good news is you get to keep playing Pebble.  Sweet!

• Like 3

mixed bag today. shot a 96 overall, which is pretty much where i usually end up. 

my swing coach/fitter put a cobra driver together for me during my last lesson that he let me take and try out. we’ve been working on contact point and closing the club face. 

the result was 3 great tee shots. two with the driver and one with my driving iron. 

irons/approach shots were terrible

as usual, chipping and wedge play saved my ass

• Like 9

And as fast as it came, it left.. shot 7 over today.. Oye vey

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

And as fast as it came, it left.. shot 7 over today.. Oye vey

You’re not alone Grasshopper, that’s what keeps some of us coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 10/1/2020 at 1:35 PM, Sluggo42 said:

I haven't been posting in this thread a lot lately, because who wants to see what the guy who plays everyday shot again..

But today was different. It started with a chunked second shot on the first hole, which led to a 40 yd chip to 8 feet and dropped the par put. and many more like that.

and 7 birdies, and only one bogie , for a new PB of ...

>>>>>.....   65  .... <<<<<<

and I'm 64.5, does that qualify as shooting my age? hehe

Dang!!! That’s awesome.

the good thing is I shoot 65 EVERY DAY I PLAY! 😂😂😂😂 
I cant even imagine. Congrats!!!

• Like 5

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

^^ wowzers!! ^^

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*) and EXS 7W (both Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway XR 4H (Project X SD)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 (Rotex graphite) and Callaway X-Jaws 60 (TT-DG S300)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

Got the tail end of storm Alex in Scotland. Only played 13 holes in Milngavie came off cold, wet and p!ssed off. Chilling with a beer and dark rum and coke.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

- 39 (+3)
- 5/8 FIR
- 6/9 GIR (1 birdie)
- 18 Putts (2 3-putts, 5 2-putts, 2 1-putts)

Rainy, dreary day today with no sun and a high temperature only around 50. Figured the course was pretty empty and it was, so I hopped off the back nine and slid between the few groups that were out today and avoided any heavy rain.

This was probably the first round all season immediately post-lesson that I played pretty well. Hit a lot of greens (Nos. 12-17), and just missed hitting No. 18 by about a yard long (notched a chip-and-down for par). Didn't hit the ball exceptionally far since I was bundled up, but I hit my targets and didn't kill my score with bad shots off the tee.

I just unfortunately went bogey-bogey to open the nine and then had back-to-back three putts for bogey on 15 and 16 because I was 60+ feet away on the green with my approaches.

• Like 8

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 10.4 (Last Updated Nov. 10, 2020)

Driver: cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme (9°, set to Draw), 44.5", Aldila Rogue Silver 60 (110 MSI) Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 Hybrid Stiff
19° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra SpeedZone 4 Iron, 2° Flat, 39.75", X-Caliber Rapid Taper 75g Stiff
22° Hybrid:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING F8, 38.5", Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff
5-GW:  
maltby_logo.png.c889f4bebd3ab94fe9c37e77ba6c0c55.png Maltby PTM Chrome, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 3° Flat, -1/2" (54°), -1/4" (58°), KBS C-Taper Lite 115 X-Stiff
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

40/40 today.   #4 is a par 3 with a creek running on the right side on a downward slope.  I pushed my 7 iron right, hit the hillside over the trap and watched it bounce right in the creek.  It's a lateral drop there.  Pitched up a bit long and missed the putt.  And THAT is how you make double!  😄 

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug