Our Sponsors

Played Saturday first round of a 2 round gross event at my club. Played pretty well the whole day except for a rather large brain fade of the 10th which left me with a quad on a hole I usually play very well. Finished the round with a 6 over round with a tie for the lead.

Went out again Today, Sunday, for 9 holes in the lazy afternoon sun. Had just bought myself some ecco golf streets and wanted to try them out and didn't really have much else to do. Went around with my headphones on and managed a very solid 2 under around the front 9 with 8/9 fairways hit, 8/9 greens hit with 15 putts. Very happy with the result and gives me a much needed boost in confidence going into the second round.

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

My wife and I played Saturday in a company tournament with one of my old bosses and his wife. We had no chance but it was fun anyway. Finished middle of the pack in a "shamble".

A shamble is where all team members tee off and the best lie of the four tee shots is selected (minimum of 3 drives per players). All players move their balls to the best lie. From this point, the hole is played out at as individual stroke play, with all members of the team playing their own ball into the hole. Score is 2 balls from 2 separate players, 1 gross and 1 net, per hole. Players use their full handicap for the net score. The winning team is the team with the lowest total score of gross and net balls for all holes (par is 144).

My boss (18 HCP) finally got his third drive used with 2 holes to go. He was so worried that he couldn't hit one straight!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I did not play very well this weekend.  I shot 78 the first day of a tournament with a nine and a 7 that were both on par 5s which is unacceptable, but I did have 4 birdies which were on 6, 10, 16, and 17, and then I three putted 1 and 18 for bogey.

The next day was a disaster.  I started out really strong, and then just lost my concentration on a 4 iron that went into the water that is barely in play.  I drained a bunch of putts over ten feet, but I missed a bunch of short putts.  

I feel like I am so close.  It is always just one or two big misses that derail my whole round.  I finished 7 out of 16 because it was a fairly hard course. 

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

Like an arse and I don't want to talk about it.

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Holy crap what a bad weekend. 84, 78. Birdied 17 and 18 for that 78. Couldn't buy a putt all weekend. The two birdies were 3 ft and a 6 inch birdie putts. Blech.

"I'd play a ladies set of clubs if it allowed me to break par."

PING G410 LST Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6

Titleist 17, 19, and 21 degree 818 H2 Hybrids

Ping G700 5 - GW

Titleist Vokey SM7 54 Wedge

Titleist Vokey SM7 58 Wedge

Evenroll ER3

Snell MTB-X

Didn't post this earlier, so I thought I would pop in here and let you guys know how I've been playing. 

I've had a caddy for the past month and am kinda sad to see him back at the range.  Dan's sprained knee has been given the go ahead to start golfing with the brace on, so I think I've lost my caddy.  Last week we shaved 5 strokes off my game.  With the combination of using TibaPutt to help shorten my take back and give me a more confident stroke, and some wedge work, I think I should be easily be shooting 95.  Of course, I need to take myself back to a full size course to test it out but I'm making great progress.

Oh and Thanks Danno, you can caddy for me any day!

Played a scramble that I sponsored through my company today and it was just a joy.  First off I was forced to take someone that is just not at the level of a player that normally would make the cut with some of the guys I have in the office, but being the nice guy that I am I did not really care.  Second was that one of the guys in the foursome bailed on my at 7 AM this morning since he decided that he did not want to drive the 40 minutes to the course.  Third was that one of the guys that was playing showed up over an hour late which is a mortal sin for me when it comes to commitments.  Needless to say by the time that I hit the course I had steam coming out of my ears which I somehow channelled into my game.  Had to play five holes as a twosome until our third arrived so I played two balls and made three birdies and two pars while my partner hit two tee balls dead right into a house, shanked a 5 iron into a parking lot and in general made me think that I could probably play four balls as a single and make the day a bit easier on me.  Six holes in I got some relief and at least had one other player that was capable of getting off the tee box ( and I am not talking about with driver, literally just off the tee box would have been a plus).  We went on to make 7 birdies and an eagle to finish at 60 and win by three shots.  I won the long drive and was extremely happy with how the Alpha performed for its first round in the bag.  Tournament season is winding down for me and I am playing a partners event this weekend and the NY Rangers Golf Classic on Tuesday then calling it a season.

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Like an arse and I don't want to talk about it.

:)

I shot 74 today and am enjoying a cigar and a scotch. 130 plus slope, 71.7 course rating, I'm happy.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Played a scramble that I sponsored through my company today and it was just a joy.  First off I was forced to take someone that is just not at the level of a player that normally would make the cut with some of the guys I have in the office, but being the nice guy that I am I did not really care.  Second was that one of the guys in the foursome bailed on my at 7 AM this morning since he decided that he did not want to drive the 40 minutes to the course.  Third was that one of the guys that was playing showed up over an hour late which is a mortal sin for me when it comes to commitments.  Needless to say by the time that I hit the course I had steam coming out of my ears which I somehow channelled into my game.  Had to play five holes as a twosome until our third arrived so I played two balls and made three birdies and two pars while my partner hit two tee balls dead right into a house, shanked a 5 iron into a parking lot and in general made me think that I could probably play four balls as a single and make the day a bit easier on me.  Six holes in I got some relief and at least had one other player that was capable of getting off the tee box ( and I am not talking about with driver, literally just off the tee box would have been a plus).  We went on to make 7 birdies and an eagle to finish at 60 and win by three shots.  I won the long drive and was extremely happy with how the Alpha performed for its first round in the bag.  Tournament season is winding down for me and I am playing a partners event this weekend and the NY Rangers Golf Classic on Tuesday then calling it a season.

Ugh. I'm a die hard Rangers fan. hope you enjoy that one.

I shot 74 today and am enjoying a cigar and a scotch. 130 plus slope, 71.7 course rating, I'm happy.

I'm more a beer and cigar person but to each his own.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Thanks Rev. :P

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I shot a 43/44, 87 yesterday at The Babe Zaharias GC......That in itself is not great as I should be in the low 80's on this course. HOWEVER, I had one perfect hole.the 312 yd Par 4 # 1......Drive was right side of fairway about 200-205 yds.  Approach shot was about 100 yards so I took my 9 iron (115 yds) as the green was way higher than my ball location. I went straight at the back pin, the ball hit about 3 feet directly in front and hopped to about 4 feet above the hole.  Trickled the birdie putt gently to the hole.  Won $30 for the skin.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I shot a 3 over 39 yesterday in a high school match, and then for next tuesday's match qualifier, I shot one under on a run down executive course that we practice at, so I will be playing number one for our next match of the season.  I started off badly with a missed 4 footer for par on two, and then a 3 putt on three, but then I birdied the long par 3 6th, and then I burned the edge for a hole in one on a 285 yard par 4 on 8 (I ended up birdieing because it rolled to the back fringe), and then I birdied nine after crushing a drive 290 with a 5 yard fade to play the dogleg perfectly.  It was fun.  I have found my driver again!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

I shot a 3 over 39 yesterday in a high school match, and then for next tuesday's match qualifier, I shot one under on a run down executive course that we practice at, so I will be playing number one for our next match of the season.  I started off badly with a missed 4 footer for par on two, and then a 3 putt on three, but then I birdied the long par 3 6th, and then I burned the edge for a hole in one on a 285 yard par 4 on 8 (I ended up birdieing because it rolled to the back fringe), and then I birdied nine after crushing a drive 290 with a 5 yard fade to play the dogleg perfectly.  It was fun.  I have found my driver again!

Good playing and good luck in the match.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Good playing and good luck in the match.

Thanks!

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Work has been killing me recently, so I haven't gotten out to play since Barbajo visited. (Good round, great guy).

Taking my wife out to play Eagle Trace today. It's supposed to be one of the really nice courses in the area, so I have high hopes. $45 on golfnow, so I couldn't pass it up.

On a side note, I am re-teaching my wife to play, since she has been away from the game for about 10 years. I got her a putter and a decent wedge. Chipping and putting is all we've been doing for the last 2 months. Gonna get her striking the ball solidly and move up to longer clubs slowly. She's already shown a ton of improvement. By this time next year, she'll break 90!

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Work has been killing me recently, so I haven't gotten out to play since Barbajo visited. (Good round, great guy).

Taking my wife out to play Eagle Trace today. It's supposed to be one of the really nice courses in the area, so I have high hopes. $45 on golfnow, so I couldn't pass it up.

On a side note, I am re-teaching my wife to play, since she has been away from the game for about 10 years. I got her a putter and a decent wedge. Chipping and putting is all we've been doing for the last 2 months. Gonna get her striking the ball solidly and move up to longer clubs slowly. She's already shown a ton of improvement. By this time next year, she'll break 90!

Good to hear from you and have a great time. My wife wants to start going to the par 3 course with me which would be great.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

No golf today as today was a road trip........arrived in Hilton Head about 3 PM. First tee time is 12:30 tomorrow.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

No golf today as today was a road trip........arrived in Hilton Head about 3 PM. First tee time is 12:30 tomorrow.

Have a great time! Looking forward to your stories.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played pretty well. Shot 72 on par 70 course. Wife was riding along and missed my chip in on 9 because she was getting lunch :-(

A very good day.

image.jpg

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Tried to hit like so I'll do it here.

I'm playing tomorrow if we can get some courses open but then it's back to work.

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5