Our Sponsors

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... I had a 1:50 tee time today which was right into the teeth of an insane wind. Opening hole is 363 and I hit a solid driver and 17* Super Hybrid coming up just on the front fringe. 512 yd par 5 and after a 330 yd drive (LOL) I hit an 8 iron just over the green. 30-35 mph with 45+ gusts were no joke as I usually hit driver, 6 iron and pw/sw into that green. At least they are pretty much into or down wind with only 1 hole into a cross wind. 2 people I was playing with quit after 9 leaving me and a high index player from India on the back 9. I don't think he broke 150 and must have lost close to a dozen balls, but at least he had a good attitude and smiled his way through the round. But da-yum a weak slice into a 40+ wind really really goes sideways. On the 12th, a short 148yd par 3 he hit a 4 hybrid waaaay up in the air and it came down bouncing back toward him maybe 10 yds. Weirdest shot I have ever seen as it must have gotten over the front of the green before starting to come down blowing back and rolling toward us. All in all a fun round battling that wind. Funny, at 20 mph I get frustrated with the wind but at 35-45 mph it was much more of a mental and physical challenge to hit every shot as solid as possible. 

... #10 is a 317 yd slightly downhill par 3 with trees left and water right. I hit my 2 iron 290 with that insane wind at my back and could not stop a wedge on the green. Hit just on the front fringe and it still rolled off the 
back as I was too close to put some needed spin on the ball. Shot an adventurous 74 with 4 bogies and 2 birdies. Both birdies came from eagle chips and tap ins after hitting irons over the green on par 5's that I usually lay up when playing, but hitting 300+ yd drives with 45 mph winds really changes the holes. Sadly the last round for awhile as temps are dropping into the low 50's with 15-20 mph winds and no sun, which is a recipe for back problems. 

I like playing practice rounds in this conditions to get better acquainted of what is going to happen when I play against buddies in similar conditions. 

I hope you enjoyed it!

• Like 2

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Played the 2nd hardest course in my rotation of muni’s: shot 78. This is an all time low for me at this course(Bonneville GC), and all I can think about is the 3 double chips and 3 three putts that put me 6 over... 🤦🏾‍♂️

My game is always in great shape just as the season ends here in Utah: hopefully another 6 weeks of golfing weather at least 🤞🏾

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Played last Friday going 43/42 with one birdie, one double and too many bogeys for sure. Driver was on point throughout the round, really only having one shot that led to a lost shot, everything else was fairway of just barely off. Putting was tough with some very quick greens currently as the season is wrapping up here in NH. Also breaking in some new wedges so missed some shots for inside 100 that I am usually much closer on. Still fun, need to enjoy the golf while its still here.

• Like 8

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

Finished bogey, bogey, bogey to post an 80 yesterday.  Our greens are incredibly fast lately, faster than I've ever seen them in the 17 years I've been playing this course.  While I prefer fast greens generally, these are like putting on glass and when they put the pins close to natural slopes, it can get dicey.  

I agree w you and also like fast greens but there is a point where they can be made unplayable.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I agree w you and also like fast greens but there is a point where they can be made unplayable.

Yes, these are borderline.  The saving grace is that they're not so hard that you can't control the ball with full shots.    In the grand scheme, it's more of an issue of pin placement than speed of the greens.  Ideally, you'll see 6 tough, 6 easy, and 6 moderate tee placements.  The masochist who set our pins obviously preferred to put all of the pins such that slopes played a major role in things.  It was, indeed, an exercise in speed control!  On a positive note, our foursome had a game of 2 best net with another foursome and they faced the same issues --- at the end of the round, they were the ones reaching in their pockets to pay us. 😄

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Yes, these are borderline.  The saving grace is that they're not so hard that you can't control the ball with full shots.    In the grand scheme, it's more of an issue of pin placement than speed of the greens.  Ideally, you'll see 6 tough, 6 easy, and 6 moderate tee placements.  The masochist who set our pins obviously preferred to put all of the pins such that slopes played a major role in things.  It was, indeed, an exercise in speed control!  On a positive note, our foursome had a game of 2 best net with another foursome and they faced the same issues --- at the end of the round, they were the ones reaching in their pockets to pay us.

OK, guess the fast greens helped you get the green

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

about the same. But super hot and windy today... 99*at noon

• Like 2

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

1 minute ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Played Wednesday...all I can say is the driver is in the dog house.  Hot putter last week went cold turkey this week, beyond cold like Arctic cold. I just shook my head after the round and had some alcoholic beverages to drown my sorrows😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

What was the Beverage Of choice?!

• Like 2

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

No “Bacon Boys”. Tee Times are rewarded in a points system and by groups avg. Our group avg was very high week along with Snowb.......I mean “Seasonal Residents” are flowing in and no points. So until they start playing Friday catching up w the points we’re kinda hurtin. It’ll level out by end of month, happens every fall.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

On 10/15/2020 at 12:30 AM, Micah T said:

Played the 2nd hardest course in my rotation of muni’s: shot 78. This is an all time low for me at this course(Bonneville GC), and all I can think about is the 3 double chips and 3 three putts that put me 6 over... 🤦🏾‍♂️

My game is always in great shape just as the season ends here in Utah: hopefully another 6 weeks of golfing weather at least 🤞🏾

That's some serious distance.  Great playing!

• Like 3

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

Played fairly well today, but ball striking was not all that great.  Shot 78; 2 birdies (one on each side) and doubled both par 3s on the backside 🥺.   39/39 (par is 37/35 for this course setup).

Good job!!  Course setup is the same at my course.  The par 37 front nine is more difficult and hilly so a tougher walk.  The pa4 35 back nine is reasonably flat.  All of my 9-hole walking rounds are on the front nine.  🥴

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Good job!!  Course setup is the same at my course.  The par 37 front nine is more difficult and hilly so a tougher walk.  The pa4 35 back nine is reasonably flat.  All of my 9-hole walking rounds are on the front nine.  🥴

We have an unusual 27 hole course.  Rather than all 3 nines starting and returning from the clubhouse, it's set up where you either play holes 1-18 (Rogue Course (par 36/36)), the inside 9 (par 35), or what we call the crossover, where we play holes 1-3, 13-18, then the inside 9 (Original course or Chandler Egan Course (par 37/35)).  Holes 4-12 were added later and became the standard course.   Obviously, the pro shop determines which course you can play on any given day.  The normal course is the Rogue.  The inside 9 is the tougher of the 3 nines.  

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

54 minutes ago, CarlH said:

We have an unusual 27 hole course.  Rather than all 3 nines starting and returning from the clubhouse, it's set up where you either play holes 1-18 (Rogue Course (par 36/36)), the inside 9 (par 35), or what we call the crossover, where we play holes 1-3, 13-18, then the inside 9 (Original course or Chandler Egan Course (par 37/35)).  Holes 4-12 were added later and became the standard course.   Obviously, the pro shop determines which course you can play on any given day.  The normal course is the Rogue.  The inside 9 is the tougher of the 3 nines.  

Our front nine and holes 10-11 are near the clubhouse.  To get to holes 12-18 we have to take a tunnel to cross a 4 lane street (walkers jaywalk).  Good thing it's not a busy street!!

It's easy to play 12 holes and finish by the parking lot.  When you cross the street, #13-15 are as far as you can get from the clubhouse.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My recent poor form continued. Started ok but fell in a big hole. Course is very wet and as soft as I’ve seen it. Greens are still slow and very bumpy after some work nearly 2 months ago. Motivation is a bit low. Hopefully the course improves soon.

• Like 5

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Played 9 at a short muni, used two balls and kept two scores as a little practice round. I tried to be a little more aggressive off the tee than I typically am to see how it worked. One ball was +7 (net +2), the other +1 (net -4), and the +7 was really due to two silly doubles that didn't have much to do with the more aggressive shots off the tee. I think I need to start getting more aggressive off the tee box next year.

I also continue to miss a bunch of birdie putts haha. Not sure what the deal is, because I feel like I hit way more equivalent length par putts. I think I just need to keep giving myself good looks until I'm not so spooked by the chance to make birdie haha.

• Like 6

Right Handed

Driver (9.5°): :taylormade-small: R9 SupterTri (Fujikura MotoreF1 65 Stiff shaft)

FW (15°): :callaway-logo-1: X2 Hot (Aldila Tour Green 75 Tx Stiff shaft)

Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

Irons (PW-4)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (52° & 60°): :callaway-logo-1: Mack Daddy 2's

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour

Played Wednesday at one of our better courses here in the Springs. Started off well with pars, a lone birdie and a double.  Lost focus for a while kind of blew up for a bit.  Still a decent score for me on this course.

Slow as snot, the group two holes ahead were playing from the tips even though they didn’t have the game for it. Marshal just laughed when we suggested he should say something to them ☹️

FD617F19-0D8E-4443-BCD0-3A69CA64985F.png

• Like 6