Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

47 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Played Sunday, but didn't keep score as our foursome decoded to play a card game, "Bad cards for good Golfers".  No idea what I shot but I had some really good ones. I get to play twice this weekend, One a private CC and Pumpkin Ridge on Sunday. Hopefully I remember to post the good, the bad, and the ugly Monday. 

Which private CC?

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

3 hours ago, JerryB said:

I've never played as well as I played today.  I shot +4 40!!

way to go!

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

4 hours ago, JerryB said:

I've never played as well as I played today.  I shot +4 40!!

So anyway, Owen and I played the back nine at River Heights today.  After all the rain the other day, it was too wet to be enjoyable on Monday and Tuesday and we were just busy yesterday.  The whole time I've been visualizing the changes in my swing from my lesson last week and it seems to be sticking.

Lately my tee shot on ten has been a weak hook with my hybrid so I've been compensating by aiming left.  Today, dead straight.  Pin high to the right of the green.  Chip and two putt for bogey.  The less said about eleven the better.  Water ball, double bogey.

On twelve I hit it square and actually wound up on the back of the green of the short par four.  Just missed the long putt but got the birdie to fall.

On thirteen I had a good drive and my PW went to the fringe behind the green.  Putt from there just missed leaving a tap in par.

Fourteen had another good drive that left me in the fairway but with the ball a little above my feet.  Chunked the shot, then put my wedge short.  Chipped on and two putted for a double.

Fifteen was similar: good drive, wedge came up short.  Putted from the front fringe and nearly drained the ninety footer!  Tap in par.

Sixteen was a straight but short drive followed by slicing my 3wood into the trees.  Luck was with me because it bounced off a tree and left me a good look.  I put the wedge on the green and two putted for another par.

Seventeen was the most satisfying.  I hit a solid drive but it was left side of the fairway with trees on the left.  Hit a good hybrid but it stayed left, leaving me about pin high.  Hit my love wedge over the bunker and stuck it about three feet from the cup.  Drained the tricky putt for another bird!

Eighteen was a solid drive and an 8 iron that drew back just enough to finish on the green resting against the fringe.  Mis hit it badly and finished with a three putt bogey.

I had one poor strike but otherwise everything was good contact.  I hit every (!) fairway and 4/7 greens, both of which are way above my normal.

It was hard to get really excited because Owen wasn't playing great.  His driver was way off although the rest of his game wasn't terrible.  I wound up beating him by ten strokes.  Tried to be nonchalant about the round but on the inside I was like this:

Screenshot_20220901-121057-656.png.67770a10eae1788ab9a39edcb6aec6a9.png

Yea!!! great round!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, MattWillGolf said:

Today was my best 9 ever, 46. It included a couple of pars, oh and a 10 on the hardest hole on the course. A long tight par 5 with two balls in the water. 🤦🏻‍♂️ This hole gives me fits. 

8F664A41-281A-433B-844C-2140E98F2CA3.jpeg.b04a47098c74b4dd8c6c9c41cfc5242b.jpeg

Congratulations!!! Now remember what you did right!!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Played 9 Monday & Tuesday mornings.  We have gotten rain almost every evening so courses are CPO and sloppy.  My p poor play is not rain related though.  After the knee replacement swing needs major medical to get back to a workable swing.  
now I have hit some really good shots but a lot more bad than good.  
No Friday golf it’s my 3 months with Orthopedic Doc.  That’s always fun.

Rick

Left Hand, 

42 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Congratulations!!! Now remember what you did right!!!!

This is how remembering that goes image.gif.fb5a1108be921b9af68bf807b17805c0.gif

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

11 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Played 9 Monday & Tuesday mornings.  We have gotten rain almost every evening so courses are CPO and sloppy.  My p poor play is not rain related though.  After the knee replacement swing needs major medical to get back to a workable swing.  
now I have hit some really good shots but a lot more bad than good.  
No Friday golf it’s my 3 months with Orthopedic Doc.  That’s always fun.

One thing I forgot to mention, I have a FL Handicap Placard for auto & golf.  I haven’t used it in about a month that’s 2 months after knee replacement!  The only part is any downhill is mildly irritating on the knee.  Modern Medicine!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

37 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I'm not allowed to give her any advice or comment other than "good shot" or other positive comments.  She's taking lessons and doesn't want to hear from me.  I know better!

I wish I had known better before... But I certainly do now.

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

45 minutes ago, CarlH said:

I'm not allowed to give her any advice or comment other than "good shot" or other positive comments.  She's taking lessons and doesn't want to hear from me.  I know better!

You are a smart man!!  I know better, but sometimes "words" just slip out.  You know, there is the "inside voice"... and the "outside voice", and sometimes the inside voice slips outside.  🤐

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Rickp said:

One thing I forgot to mention, I have a FL Handicap Placard for auto & golf.  I haven’t used it in about a month that’s 2 months after knee replacement!  The only part is any downhill is mildly irritating on the knee.  Modern Medicine!!

Sometimes my wife has a few more aches and pains than usual when we play.  When that happens, she gets a blue Handicap flag from the clubhouse when we check in.  That allows us to drive up to the greens instead of using the cart path and to get to some elevated tees.  There are times I think she gets the flag because she thinks I'm old... and need one!  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

29 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Sometimes my wife has a few more aches and pains than usual when we play.  When that happens, she gets a blue Handicap flag from the clubhouse when we check in.  That allows us to drive up to the greens instead of using the cart path and to get to some elevated tees.  There are times I think she gets the flag because she thinks I'm old... and need one!  🤣

You ARE old (grinning, ducking, and running)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

5 minutes ago, CarlH said:

You ARE old (grinning, ducking, and running)

My problem is that I don't know how to act my age... I've never been this age before!  🤣

So during my round today, I decided at 15 to really let it rip on a par 3 , which was a deep blue flag, around 180. My normal 5 iron is about 170. So my preswing swing, I really felt some power, so I immediately stepped into my shot and absolutely corked it.

so the ball goes 10 miles high, with a little draw, and lands halfway up the slope past the pin by about 10 yards, so almost 190 yards. But I pummeled it, and hit it as clean as one can. So all the boys yell, “oh my!, it’s over the back of the hill!” And I couldn’t see it after the bounce, so I wasn’t sure.

so we get there and the ball was about a foot from where it landed, and I had an easy up and down.

so the point of this whole story is twofold.

1) some people would have called this shot a “jumper” and that the clubs cannot be trusted (p790) To that I reply no, it was a perfectly struck ball with a stronger swing than normal. I usually don’t swing that hard, or hit is as perfectly. It was just the club reacting as it should with that hit. Which would happen all the time if I hit it equally as well.

2) everyone thought it was going to jump over the hill behind the green, because if it was their normal ball flight, it would have. But the shot had such a super high flight, and steep descent angle, it darn near backed up. It was a perfect example of how a proper trajectory should work.

now the final analysis is that I need to hit the ball harder and cleaner more often. Alas… that is why I am a hack, and people that can pull off that shot regularly are on TV, and I’m only famous in my own head…

this game…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

27 minutes ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Shot a personal best of 75.  

The mental game is the most difficult game within the game. 

Congrats on the personal best.   Yes, staying out if your own head is probably one of the most difficult things to do.   That is a big part of why I liked DECADE, it give you a plan to follow on each hole and tries to,keep you from doing to much.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My problem is that I don't know how to act my age... I've never been this age before!  🤣

Huh, what a coincidence, me either!!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

15 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Which private CC?

Michealbook In McMinnville. My mother in law is a member and I used to be a member there as well. Almost re-upped this month but we decided to wait till spring. 

I have a friend that is a member at Willamette that I get to play once or twice a year as well. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

I hit 7 out of 9 greens in regulataion last night which is huge for me. I've been hitting it well for the past week or so, hopefully I can keep it going.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Owen and I played the front nine at River Heights today.  Another solid round pretty close to yesterday's great day.  Started out great with two pars, then struggled a bit going bogey, double, triple.  Rebounded with a par before getting stuck in the sand for a double.  Finished bogey, par to go +9 45.  

Owen got back on track with a 43.  Pretty consistent, with scores of 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, before breaking form with 4s on the last two holes.  

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

1 hour ago, TR1PTIK said:

It was a wild one today, but I don't have a score to turn in because we decided to scramble somewhere around the 13th hole. Started off ok with a par at the 1st, but thinned my tee shot into the water on #2. #3 was going well until I bladed the approach long and right. Came back again on #4 and then #5 is where things started to go sideways...

Our tee time was 8:06 and when we got the box there was no one to be seen in front of us but on #5 a course marshal told us we were behind despite the GPS in our carts not saying anything about pace (they normally do if you're behind). To top it off he parked somewhere around ~100 yards in front and to the right while we hit our tee shots. It was enough to make me a little bit nervous, but I managed okay. My friend on the other hand, smacked the marshal's cart with his tee shot. No one was hurt and the marshal made a joke about it before telling us we needed to play faster. 

Anyway, it was a bit annoying to be told we were behind pace when every indication showed we were doing okay but we didn't argue. However, this guy literally followed us shot-for-shot for the next 2 holes - parking somewhere in plain view while each of us hit which was bothersome (a little for me but A LOT for my friend). 

To keep this from dragging on too much more, we wound up playing through the group that was 1 to 1-1/2 holes ahead when they stopped at the turn. Things backed up again and lo and behold, we see this marshal again on 12... He didn't say anything this time but was clearly looking at us - who had done everything he asked without complaint (as much as we wanted to). And just to add insult to injury, we were scrambling our butts off in the rain because of this guy. I probably could have gotten along just fine (not that it would have been my best round) but at this point my friend had had enough and it just seemed right to turn the whole thing into a hit and giggle for the remaining few holes. 

We made the turn in under 2 hours and finished well inside 4 (there were 2 other players grouped with us) - having enough time to mess around on 18 green for about 10 minutes with no one else in sight...

Sad to hear... Had a similar experience at a relatively nice course in St. George Utah years ago.  Haven't been back and probably never will.  A poor course marshal can ruin the experience.

9 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Shot a personal best of 75.  Started out great. Got into a little trouble starting on 5 and repeated on 7 and 8 -low, five feet off the ground pulls with the driver … but went back to the lessons I’ve been taking on Skillest. Paused on the 9th tee and did a couple drills. And bang, back at it. 

4920C9D6-A7DF-470C-B031-40E3E957AB99.jpeg.c776d2695c3add7f6ab38bd305572642.jpeg

I’ll let you guess which tee box I realized my course record could be broken… The mental game is the most difficult game within the game. 

But I hit a great approach shot into the closing par 5, played at a slope that would funnel the ball to the hole and it came off as planned - leaving just three feet for birdie. Best part, I’d caught up to the grounds crew and they were there to witness and cheer me on. 

A very good day. 

26A3B9B0-0447-437E-812A-814E7887EE97.jpeg.8ad5e0fde9c20a64ebdf84b80c590347.jpeg

Congratulations on the PB!!  It gives you the confidence that you can do it again... so, do it!!

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Sad to hear... Had a similar experience at a relatively nice course in St. George Utah years ago.  Haven't been back and probably never will.  A poor course marshal can ruin the experience.

It was definitely a bummer but I’m sure we’ll still go back as we both enjoy playing that particular course. We just might be more vocal about our objections if it happens again. Hoping we just caught this guy on a bad day or something. The good news is that we still left the course smiling and having hit some good shots.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour