Our Sponsors

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

Posted Images

Maiden voyage for my new Honma irons.  38/40:78     2 bogies and 2 doubles.  
Only hit 6 fairways but the misses were mostly just in the rough.  Couple of bad tee shots with one ending up with a penalty stroke.  
Irons were fabulous;  hit 12 greens,  1 was just off, and  1 was about 7 feet off.   Need to add the 11 (gap) iron to the set.   Shafts might be a little light but the clubs performed very well.   My original thought was that these clubs were going to be about a club shorter than my Srixon's.  In reality,  I was getting about the same distance.  The only green I missed on the front was one that I hit long.  

The Honma’s are a really nice put together iron.
I’m not sure if I ever posted about this but a friend of mine is playing Honma irons. He became career military intelligence after Vietnam (drafted) and was stationed in South Korea for years and met his wonderful wife there and she cane back to the States w him when he was stationed at the Pentagon. A couple years ago his sister in law and wife got his iron specs and purchased a set of Honma irons for him. They are great looking irons and he’s killin them. His iron played greatly improved, plus his bag looks great!!
He retired as Full Bird Colonel

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Only hit 6 fairways but the misses were mostly just in the rough.  Couple of bad tee shots with one ending up with a penalty stroke.  
Irons were fabulous;  hit 12 greens,  1 was just off, and  1 was about 7 feet off.   Need to add the 11 (gap) iron to the set.   Shafts might be a little light but the clubs performed very well.   My original thought was that these clubs were going to be about a club shorter than my Srixon's.  In reality,  I was getting about the same distance.  The only green I missed on the front was one that I hit long.  

The Honma’s are a really nice put together iron.
I’m not sure if I ever posted about this but a friend of mine is playing Honma irons. He became career military intelligence after Vietnam (drafted) and was stationed in South Korea for years and met his wonderful wife there and she cane back to the States w him when he was stationed at the Pentagon. A couple years ago his sister in law and wife got his iron specs and purchased a set of Honma irons for him. They are great looking irons and he’s killin them. His iron played greatly improved, plus his bag looks great!!
He retired as Full Bird Colonel

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Foz just noticed the Driver, F8 12’(set @ 11.5d) with Tensi Blue 55 gr shaft and so far I’m liken’ it. Outside of LH same as yours.
You still happy w it?

Yes I am.....after I switched it to 12*, I started hitting it farther with decent loft. I also changed the 3W to 16* and the 5W to 20*. I am now getting more loft and more straight distance. All 3 F8’s are in the bag, two years after I got them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

3 hours ago, cnosil said:

That's great to hear, I'm happy for you. I saw the picture you posted, they're beautiful irons.

• Like 5

:ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta Reg

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 15* Evenflow 5.0

:cobra-small: Speedback 3&4 Atmos Reg

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52-F & 56- S (bent to 57*)

:titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

:titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand bag

That's great to hear, I'm happy for you. I saw the picture you posted, they're beautiful irons.

They are beautiful and feel great. It is nice that people on here recognize the brand. Guys I played with had never heard of Honma and I think they believe they aren’t the quality of the mainstream well known OEMs.

Kind of like a conversation I had earlier this year with someone on my company golf team and i have seen someone else post on here. I hit a good shot with my driver and get asked what kind of club it is which I say ping G400 max. He then asks what kind of shaft am I playing to which I say it is the KBS wood shaft and he responds with I mean what flex.

Always fun seeing the response Of non equipment people.
  • Like 8

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

Early 9, not sure who showed up!
Shot 3 over, many birdie looks but putter wasn’t cooperating. Driver, F8 Cobra was killin it, Mizzies we’re right on.
Hope this keeps up for a while, long while.
Other 3 guys were playing really well also, finished 2 holes ahead of 2nd group.

Guess it's time for a new putter 😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

Early 9, not sure who showed up!
Shot 3 over, many birdie looks but putter wasn’t cooperating. Driver, F8 Cobra was killin it, Mizzies we’re right on.
Hope this keeps up for a while, long while.
Other 3 guys were playing really well also, finished 2 holes ahead of 2nd group.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Guess it's time for a new putter

Nooooooo

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Nooooooo

Okay then just switch to one of the others in your closet.
  • Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Walking 9 round with the old(er) guys today.  Went to the course; it was 61º sunny with no wind.  Five minutes before tee time, clouds rolled in and the wind started blowing about 15-20 mph... figures!  🙄

Well, the Men's Club tournament was over yesterday, and the club removed the putting pins on the practice green; not sure why.  They also spread a thin layer of sand on all the greens this morning after rolling them last Friday.  As a result the green speed was a little slower than on the weekend; not much but a little slower.

I had one birdie and one bogey for another EVEN PAR round of 37.  Drives were OK; not great. but given the wind I was happy that I didn't have any bad tee shots.  I wish I had time to play the back nine.

Fairways:  5/7
GIR:   4/9
Putts:   13   The putter was working very well; made 3 putts over 8 feet, one for birdie on #6.

On the par 4 #3 hole with wind from the right and water left, I started the ball down the right side and it ended up in the middle of the fairway.  I had an 8i into the green over water with the pin front just over a pot bunker and bunker to the right and behind.  I started the ball on the right side of the green and thought the wind had to move the ball a little left... Nope!  Dead straight!  Hit the edge of the green and kicked into the right bunker.  60º sand shot to 2 feet for a sandy par.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Okay then just switch to one of the others in your closet.

That’s better

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead