Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

On 4/24/2021 at 9:27 AM, TSauer said:

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

I should just retire now.

Congratulations on your HIO!  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

On 5/3/2022 at 6:22 PM, Mtbryant01 said:

After my trip with @Ben_Howell34 to Big Cedar Lodge (I’ll update on his post about how that trip was….it was incredible) I got to play with a buddy at my local club today. 

I shot a 75 today (my best this year and one off my personal best ever)

I had a chip in birdie and then….. a hole in one! Can’t even describe the feeling of seeing the ball drop into the hole off the tee. 149 yd shot, downwind. Pin is on the front. I played a full PW with the slightest fade. Hit 5 ft to the left of the flag, checked up on the side hill and started falling to the right towards the hole. The anticipation was real as I didn’t know if it was tracking or not. I saw it roll into the flag stick, catch the lip of the cup, do a 180 around the flag before falling in.

Beautiful weather, incredible day. I’ve had many lows while playing, but this is why I love going out again and again. The chase for perfection and today was pretty dang perfect.EAE73520-1DCA-402A-9D59-9258D25FDFC2.jpeg.1570a03573346aa9d3b746066451f95a.jpeg

Congratulations on your HIO!

On 4/24/2021 at 5:47 PM, edingc said:

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨

- 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍
- 6/15 FIR
- 11/18 GIR (2 birdies)
- 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts)

Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my time deciding on shots and it paid off!

I actually didn't hit very many good shots from the tee today (bad case of the hooks with driver and Super Hybrid), but I hit my irons very well, chipped OK and putted excellently. And, down the stretch, my driver perked up for me.

Played the front nine at even par for the first time ever, highlighted by a 25-foot birdie putt on No. 5. I was +2 coming to No. 16 (probably the second hardest hole on the course) and blasted a beautiful drive that led to a par. I very nearly hooked my tee shot on No. 17 out of bounds left, making a mess of the hole with a double bogey to get to +4 heading to No. 18 tee. (My previous best was +4 during Cobra Connect last summer.)

Most of the pressure was off after the double bogey. I uncorked the longest drive I've ever hit on No. 18, 280 yards uphill, leaving 95 to the flag. Lined up a 58 wedge, landed a few yards short of the flag and ended up with my best approach all day. Knocked in the birdie putt for a new personal best.

IMG_24042021_184451_(800_x_600_pixel).jpg.744436e1e9eb7b853672c390dbfeeb3b.jpg

Feels amazing to put a great round together this early in the season. Lots of offseason work paying off!

Congratulations on your new personal best!  

4 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

I played right to my average in my league last night (despite an awful night on and around the greens), but I'm still steaming over an incident on the first hole. The league is two man teams, but each partner is playing an individual match. Tradition in the league is that either partner can concede a putt, but apparently that isn't absolute. I hit a lag putt a couple feet past the hole. I would have tapped it in for a half, but I would have been standing on the line of my opponent's partner. The partner said "That's good," and I whacked it away. My opponent objected, "I didn't give you that putt!""Your partner did." "It's my call, not his! You're lying five." Seriously? I took two more putts from 20 feet for a four putt, and obviously lost the hole.On the next hole I make birdie, and he gets upset when I don't concede his seven footer for double. On the last we both have relatively short par putts, though I'm slightly away. He asks, "Good, good?" He was already reaching for his marker when I said, "No. You get a stroke on this hole." I expected him to make the putt, and he did, but he was visibly annoyed. I wasn't conceding the putt, which was conceding the hole, which was conceding the match. 

Hmmm.... I've never played in a match that somebody other than the opponent can give a putt or concede a hole.  Even in our league, where it seems most rules are merely suggestions, only the opponent gives putts. 

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

4 hours ago, Siamese Moose said:

The league is two man teams, but each partner is playing an individual match. Tradition in the league is that either partner can concede a putt, but apparently that isn't absolute. I hit a lag putt a couple feet past the hole. I would have tapped it in for a half, but I would have been standing on the line of my opponent's partner. The partner said "That's good," and I whacked it away. My opponent objected, "I didn't give you that putt!""Your partner did." "It's my call, not his! You're lying five." Seriously?

... Richard move. While golf is traditionally a Gentleman's Game maybe that old time description is no longer valid. But it is still a game of sportsmanship where unlike any other, players call penalties on themselves. In my opinion the worst case scenario for your situation since the tradition had been established, is your opponent says "That was my partners fault but you should have double checked with me. I will honor it this hole because my partner said it was good. But moving forward no putts are good unless I clearly say so". Best case scenario is he honors his partners declaration and gives him a little reprimand for over stepping his non authority. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

On 9/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, fozcycle said:

Shot a 45/43:88 today and won two net skins!  Had a birdie on the Par 3 #12 when I sunk a 36’ putt! My FIR was 12/14 for 86% GIR 3/18 17% and 32 total putts.  After replacing my watch and I noticed the sensor in the band picked up the club much faster.

I used my old Powerbilt Air Force One WMD driver today……

Today I shot 45/43:88 again……I also got a new award from Shotscope….13 FIR’s….My FIR was 13/14 for 93%!

My GIR was 4/18 for 22% and I had 34 putts.BTW, I had zero 3 putts.

Once again, I used my Powerbilt Air Force One WMD driver…..guess I should take it to Hilton Head this weekend.

F62BA23A-F412-4799-A51A-E8C25D3F8B1D.jpeg

21FC789E-C2B2-40EA-AFDE-9092AC15D934.jpeg

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

4 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Early Tuesday 9 with mostly Bacon Boyz.  It’s rained EVERY DAY for last week and everything is soggy and CPO. I thought one of the Par4 should have been closed or made into a modified Par3.  
Anyway swing is coming back!!  I just tried to forget about the knee and swing away, also my 1st time since knee replacement using long clubs including driver.  
Not sure what I shot as I’m not there yet but few pars and 1 Birdie.  Used my XENON putter (copper) that Lumpy made for me years ago and it was definitely rolling well!!  
Hope Friday goes well!!!

Been getting daily updates from our club in Fl. Hasn't been good news because of the rain. Best case was CPO. Both ranges were closed. Florida has 2 1/2  weeks to dry out,  as we're headed back Oct 1st. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

6 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Been getting daily updates from our club in Fl. Hasn't been good news because of the rain. Best case was CPO. Both ranges were closed. Florida has 2 1/2  weeks to dry out,  as we're headed back Oct 1st. 

Actually we needed the rain as Spring was pretty dry.  It’s now gone the other way.  At least my cart is clean!!  We got caught in a downpour this afternoon!! 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

18 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

A couple courses are closed for a few (maybe) days here.  
The geniuses here added a full cart path  on the course across from our house to alleviate flooding on the fareway and golf cart damage.  Unfortunately the water now ponds in back of my neighbors house and comes a little too close for comfort!!!  Oh boy Lawyer time! 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver killing me off the tee last weekend. No distance and playing from bad spots. Irons and putter are performing well when setup to succeed. 93 Saturday and 94 Sunday. Yuck. Back to the drawing board for the driver. More than likely I am trying to hard and need to just stick to the basics 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

We have our league end-of-season outing Saturday and we are playing a lone wolf scramble. Since I have the lowest handicap in our group, I "get" to play the 5 hardest holes on my own. I've never played the course, but from Google Earth, nothing appears to be super hard about them, just long-ish, with two of them being par 5's. If I continue to drive the ball well and even partially sort out approach, I don't really have any concerns. Range session already in the plans.

What course?

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

2 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

What course?

Ellsworth Meadows in Hudson

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Owen and I played the back nine at River Heights today, joined by our buddy Paul. 

Paul has not played well the past year or so but he was strong today.  Brutally ugly with his driver but everything else was good.  He shot 49, breaking 50 for the first time in years.  He looked happy and we were thrilled for him!

Owen played pretty well, shooting 44 and he had a real nice stinger he hit out the trees that saved par.  Cool looking shot.

I played well, too.  Other than a blowup snowman on a par four, I was okay.  No three putts and I can't recall the last time I said that.  47 (+11) for me.

We're doing a charity scramble on Sunday along with our friend Mark and after today we're really excited about it!

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

10 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Ellsworth Meadows in Hudson

Ugh I've never played it well. Though I think it's been over a decade. I'm the conditions will be great. From what I remember it has decent length, but a few poorly designed holes.

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On 9/13/2022 at 4:51 PM, tony@CIC said:

We are basically in the same boat here in Coastal SC. We had rain most of last week and then the Monsoon Weekend. My course did not open up until Tuesday. I went over there and rode around some man is it wet. Going to try a dewsweeper round this morning and see if it had dried out some.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 9/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, Rickp said:

The geniuses here added a full cart path  on the course across from our house to alleviate flooding on the fareway and golf cart damage.  Unfortunately the water now ponds in back of my neighbors house and comes a little too close for comfort!!!  Oh boy Lawyer time! 

Wassamattu? Owning a home on the water is a good thing, Rick! 🙄

Driver:           :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:       :taylormade-small: Stealth 3HL & 7W

Hybrids:        :taylormade-small: Stealth 25*

Irons:             :touredgeexotics:  E722 6-AW

Wedges:        :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:           :EVNROLL: ER7  34”

14th club?     :cobra-small:  Speedzone  4H 21*  

:touredgeexotics:  E722 GW 51*                     

On 9/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, Rickp said:

I think drainpipe is usually a better solution than a cartpath when it comes to water control!!

16 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

But owning a home IN the water has a downside to it!

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

17 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Wassamattuforu!!!  Haven’t heard that for 10 years 😁

Rick

Left Hand, 

42 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I think drainpipe is usually a better solution than a cartpath when it comes to water control!!

But owning a home IN the water has a downside to it!

I dunno, always though owing a houseboat would be cool.  
BTW my neighbor didn’t think that was funny….

Rick

Left Hand,