Our Sponsors

9 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I know a lot of you will give me an eye roll for posting this, but I actually got a little envious reading the last page or so where a bunch of you are talking frost delays and playing autumn golf.

Back on Long Island my favorite weather for golf was the shorts and a pullover kind, and squeezing those rare winter rounds in during a not too freezing January or February day felt like playing with house money.

Don't get me wrong, playing all year down here is great. I don't miss the winters, but the heat just hasn't let up since March this year, and the summer was brutally hot. It's still getting up to 80 every day, and some cooler weather would be really nice. We had one weekend in the low 60's a few weeks ago and it felt great.

I know, I know, this is the last thing you guys up North want to hear someone complaining about though...  😉 

image.gif.985641eaed4841909dfef58414a6e1b3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Its been a rough few weeks playing golf after a month of playing well and heading in the right direction, lost the feel for my drivers, 3wood, hybrids and mostly mid irons... only thing keeping my rounds from not going into the 100s has been my short game and putting. which has been consistent for the past 7 month.

This is the love / hate relationship of golf.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 6-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - , 56, 60, Mizuno S18 Black - 50default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpgdefault_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

Currently Testing:skycaddie: LX5 Watch

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

I know a lot of you will give me an eye roll for posting this, but I actually got a little envious reading the last page or so where a bunch of you are talking frost delays and playing autumn golf.

Back on Long Island my favorite weather for golf was the shorts and a pullover kind, and squeezing those rare winter rounds in during a not too freezing January or February day felt like playing with house money.

Don't get me wrong, playing all year down here is great. I don't miss the winters, but the heat just hasn't let up since March this year, and the summer was brutally hot. It's still getting up to 80 every day, and some cooler weather would be really nice. We had one weekend in the low 60's a few weeks ago and it felt great.

I know, I know, this is the last thing you guys up North want to hear someone complaining about though...  😉 

I have no issues playing when it is cold, as long as there is some sunshine to go along and calm winds.

I actually enjoy the cold weather golf.

Yesterday was none of that, the showed up for a second and the wind never stopped blowing, My hands have not felt that cold since I had to change a lower arm suspension assembly from my daughter's car, that she crashed into a curb back in 2012, When she crashed there were about 9 inches of fresh snow on the ground, and for the few hours I was there working, another 6 inches fell.

My hands were purple for awhile after I was done.

My perfect golf weather is high 50s low 60s and sunshine.

• Like 5

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Drivers :titelist-small:  - TS2 10.5*, :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Woods :titelist-small: TS2 3HL. :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 716 3 Iron, Hybrid   :titelist-small:  - T-MB 718 4 Iron, Irons:   :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, Wedges  

:vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putter   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes:a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

Right Handed, Southeast Michigan

Honk If you see these plates around. 

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

I'm always driving around Michigan. 

The Ohio and Pennsylvania's turnpike as well as around Baltimore, Maryland. 

Grip it and rip it my friends. 

8 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Your post is like a rich guy saying:

I have a summer home and a personal chef but I envy you guys sharing an apartment. I remember college and sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 other guys and eating bologna on white bread sandwiches. Those were awesome times!

i’ve got a winter home in florida and of course this is the first year i’ve golfed and can take advantage of it, and the pandemic has taken a giant steaming turd on those plans. thanks, covid!

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
i’ve got a winter home in florida and of course this is the first year i’ve golfed and can take advantage of it, and the pandemic has taken a giant steaming turd on those plans. thanks, covid!

Don’t know where you are in FL but most areas if not all are open.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Just now, Rickp said:

i’m in Boca. it’s less to do with things being open and more to do with not wanting to head down to a high-risk area when i’ve got a newborn at home.  

i’d feel like crap going down to enjoy myself and having to stay away from the little guy for 2 weeks when i came back  

we’ll head down as a family and spend some time there around christmas, but we won’t go spend the winter like we usually do. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Rickp said:

But getting back into NY without quarantining is the issue I would suspect... @Chip Strokes beat me.

1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

i’m in Boca. it’s less to do with things being open and more to do with not wanting to head down to a high-risk area when i’ve got a newborn at home.  

i’d feel like crap going down to enjoy myself and having to stay away from the little guy for 2 weeks when i came back  

we’ll head down as a family and spend some time there around christmas, but we won’t go spend the winter like we usually do. 

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 minutes ago, MattF said:

But getting back into NY without quarantining is the issue I would suspect... @Chip Strokes beat me.

absolutely right. it’s a hassle. at least when we go as a family, we can hole up for 2 weeks together when we get home. 

if we didn’t just have a baby i’d definitely head down. a golf trip to florida followed by two weeks at home away from the wife sounds like hitting the lotto 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Makes sense.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Our Monday & Tuesday groups (not same guys) didn’t get Tee Times so I went and PRACTICED

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

16 hours ago, Kenny B said:

🙄

7 hours ago, Lacassem said:

As he jabs the "playing all year down here is great".....Whyyyy!? | PUBG

7 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

image.gif.985641eaed4841909dfef58414a6e1b3.gif

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... Your post is like a rich guy saying:

I have a summer home and a personal chef but I envy you guys sharing an apartment. I remember college and sharing a 2 bedroom apartment with 3 other guys and eating bologna on white bread sandwiches. Those were awesome times!

Don't get me wrong, having a summer home and a personal chef is great. I don't miss the hunger or cramped living conditions, but the travel back and forth from summer home to my house just hasn't let up since March this year, and the summer was brutally long. It's still a long drive in my limo and some shorter trips would be really nice. We had one weekend where we just ate hot dogs and tater tots and it was great.

I know, I know, the last thing you guys living in apartments and eating sh!t food want to hear is someone complaining though...  😉 

Wow. This is a tough room. 🤣

Still laughing at all your replies, well played boys! I guess I had it coming though (probably deserved more, actually). Thanks for going as easy on me as you did! 👍

BTW 

This morning was 58* and breezy, it was chilly, so I DID have to break out the wind jacket.... I gutted it out though. Thankfully It did warm up into the low 70's before the turn.... 😇

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 5

:ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta Reg

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 15* Evenflow 5.0

:cobra-small: Speedback 3&4 Atmos Reg

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52-F & 56- S (bent to 57*)

:titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

:titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand bag

11 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

Still laughing at all your replies, well played boys! I guess I had it coming though (probably deserved more, actually). Thanks for going as easy on me as you did! 👍

BTW 

This morning was 58* and breezy, it was chilly, so I DID have to break out the wind jacket.... I gutted it out though. Thankfully It did warm up into the low 70's before the turn.... 😇

I forgot to mention, after braving those conditions this morning, I actually had my best day with my irons in a couple of weeks. Because golf is golf and I can never get everything working on the same day, I couldn't make a putt all day.

The greens were just overseeded, so they over watered and didn't cut them. It was still nice to hit them with an iron shot though, it hasn't been happening often....

Shot 43-44. I'll take it, and try again tomorrow!

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 3

:ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta Reg

:callaway-small: Epic Flash 15* Evenflow 5.0

:cobra-small: Speedback 3&4 Atmos Reg

PXG 0211 5-GW MMT 70 

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52-F & 56- S (bent to 57*)

:titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

:titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand bag

... Not gonna use the S word but it isn't even Halloween yet and it *nowed here this morning while I was typing my reply. 😠

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 4

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

22 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

BTW 

Eventually I will be down there, living on a course and playing daily....that time is not now though....or in the next 10 years 😂

• Like 6

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

I want to have a second home some place warm some day. My wife was born and grew up in the Philippines and we have talked about having a second house/condo there in the future.

Golf is considered a sport of the wealthy in the Philippines. At all the clubs there, you for sure will have caddies. At the driving range, there is a person that tees each ball for you.

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Eventually I will be down there, living on a course and playing daily....that time is not now though....or in the next 10 years 😂

having somewhere warm to escape to is the best. once you do it you’ll wish you did it 5 years earlier. 

i can’t wait till this whole mess is over and i can get away to my place in florida and play some golf. 

• Like 7

We're leaving for our new winter home in Fl. next week. We don't have the S word here in northern Ohio yet but I know it's coming so time to get outa town.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

27 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

having somewhere warm to escape to is the best. once you do it you’ll wish you did it 5 years earlier. 

i can’t wait till this whole mess is over and i can get away to my place in florida and play some golf. 

... Very nice and not calling you out, but just remember some here have lost their jobs and are struggling to pay for one home let alone a second home. And for more than a few that have kept their job a second home is still just not financially viable. Just like many have never even played at a Country Club let alone been a member of one. 

• Like 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5