Our Sponsors

41/40

6/14 FiR

5/18 GiR

31 putts

Just when I thought I had it figured out with the iron game, golf humbled me. It wasn't as bad as it looked, mostly coming up short because of the head winds and my stubbornness to club up twice. Sometimes hitting a 6i at a flag that's 150y just seems wrong, but there were some stiff winds and I should've just done it.

Missed a lot of what I would call makeable putts, and a double bogey from 120y away in the fairway cost me a round in the 70s. 

Driver was solid again, starting to groove with this Motote X

• Like 8

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Cold, damp, and slow play today.  Results were terrible...struck the ball okay, but the cold temperatures made club selection awkward and unpredictable and my putting was close but no cigar all day.  Shot an 85.  Shot of the day was taking a drop after putting 2nd ball into the drink and, with 50 yards to the pin, hit a great 52* wedge to 6 inches to save bogey.  Supposed to pour rain tomorrow, so probably won't be playing.

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 minute ago, Grand Stranded said:

I played the Parklands course at Legends yesterday.

We played the whites at 6500 yards two days after getting 3 inches of rain because I have friends from Long Island visiting, and they wouldn't buy into the 'ball not traveling thing down here like it does back home" thing the starter and I tried to warn them about. It was a long, hard day on a wet, sloppy course (cart path only), but I managed to get in with an 88. Incredibly frustrating day with my irons though, as my gremlins reappeared and I missed almost every green short and left. The only good thing about all the poor iron play I've had recently is my short game keeps getting better and better. I hit a lot of great wedges that gave me a par or an easy two putt bogey. The problem is I'm not going to score the way I should doing that, I need to hit some greens... 

As for my friends? I think they learned there lesson. One shot a 90, the other two struggled to break 100. We're playing the Norman Course at Barefoot at 1230 today, and they've agreed to play the Whites at 6100. LOL

Enjoy the Masters today if you're not out there playing....

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 1

Driver     :ping-small: G400 Max 9* Alta 

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage

Hybrids  :titelist-small:  TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

:yes-small: Tracy 33.5" 

Sunny, 55º but the wind is still blowing but only 15-20 mph.  Headed to the course, but it was packed and very slow play.  Played the first two holes at even par, then left... too much standing around.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

We cancelled today....sloppy conditions from rain last night, still raining and expected to drizzle/rain off and on all day.  Recent lock-down guidance issued by our governor (Oregon) has resulted in the cancellation of our 3-man Turkey Tournament scheduled for Friday.  Our golf courses will remain open, limited one person per cart (unless family), dining and clubhouse restricted for take-out only, etc.  Lockdown scheduled for 2 weeks, but given the rate of cases in this county, it will likely last longer.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Feeling pretty down after my round today. Didn’t do anything well, and felt like i forgot how to hit a pitch and chip shot. And i injured my right lat early on in the round, probably made my round worse.

only thing that was ok was putting with my new wristlock style.

overall, feeling pretty discouraged to be honest

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

9 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Feeling pretty down after my round today. Didn’t do anything well, and felt like i forgot how to hit a pitch and chip shot. And i injured my right lat early on in the round, probably made my round worse.

only thing that was ok was putting with my new wristlock style.

overall, feeling pretty discouraged to be honest

Man that was me last week. I feel your pain. It will get better. We’re you incorporating new things from your lessons? That was probably it. 

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS7 at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

4 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Man that was me last week. I feel your pain. It will get better. We’re you incorporating new things from your lessons? That was probably it. 

Yeah had way too many swing thoughts

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

On 11/12/2020 at 5:30 AM, jddaigneault said:

I’m getting spine surgery Monday, and got out for a final 18 hole round yesterday. Managed an 86, with a few too many doubles. Next 18 hole round...at least six weeks away 😩
B539CE38-9E3D-4A0E-9F87-BF41FBD759E9.jpeg.4ca97f2f455474387cca2788ac1a7307.jpeg

Good luck with the surgery, and I hope you have a speedy recovery. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, CarlH said:

We cancelled today....sloppy conditions from rain last night, still raining and expected to drizzle/rain off and on all day.  Recent lock-down guidance issued by our governor (Oregon) has resulted in the cancellation of our 3-man Turkey Tournament scheduled for Friday.  Our golf courses will remain open, limited one person per cart (unless family), dining and clubhouse restricted for take-out only, etc.  Lockdown scheduled for 2 weeks, but given the rate of cases in this county, it will likely last longer.  

Well, our idiot governor mandated ours for 4 weeks and no indoor dining.  

• Sad 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

... If there were no idiots spreading the virus without wearing masks and not social distancing while Covid rages out of control and getting worse every single day, there would be no idiot governors. 

• Like 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... If there were no idiots spreading the virus without wearing masks and not social distancing while Covid rages out of control and getting worse every single day, there would be no idiot governors. 

We have had a mask mandate since late June and social distancing since March.  Cases go up because more people are getting tested.  Meanwhile my 90-year old dad has been locked down since March, and I can't visit.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

*Warning: Political response*

That sucks but I wouldn’t call Inslee an idiot. At least we will still have golf in the NW. Even great leaders around the world are struggling to control this. I’d still meet for around as I walk 🙂

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS7 at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting or 2 DI:  th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 2.5* upright

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

6 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We have had a mask mandate since late June and social distancing since March.  Cases go up because more people are getting tested.  Meanwhile my 90-year old dad has been locked down since March, and I can't visit.

... Not true but ignore cases and just focus on hospitalizations. They are at an all time high and hospitals are soon to be over run. Some are already and it is going to get worse. Much worse. That doesn't happen because of more people getting tests. I really feel for First Responders that are bearing the brunt of peoples selfishness. If everyone just did their part by wearing masks, social distancing and not taking part in Super Spreader events, we would not be where we are now. Sorry about your Dad, that sucks. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

That sucks but I wouldn’t call Inslee an idiot. At least we will still have golf in the NW. Even great leaders around the world are struggling to control this. I’d still meet for around as I walk 🙂

... We are very lucky to love one of the few things that is safe to do when taking proper precautions during this pandemic. I drive to the course alone and call the pro shop to pay for my round. I meet 3 strangers on the 1st tee and we keep 10 feet apart the entire round while being outdoors. Flags are left in with a plastic donut so no need to touch anything but your own clubs and golf ball. At the end of 18 a happy wave to playing companions and back to the car for the trip home. Of corse if you choose to take a cart there are some dangers but they do a pretty good job of sanitizing after every use and most courses around here allow 1 rider per cart unless sharing it with a member of your household. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Snuck in a final nine hole round before surgery at a local par 3 today, and had the best playing partner ever! The future Mrs. played her first ever round of golf with me, it was absolutely the best day of golf I’ve ever had! Couldn’t even tell you the score, but she had a blast and wants to play again so I’m calling it a win. 

C927DF76-2064-4285-A906-683D552EBC36.jpeg.eaabeed8cb905ba8a922dcb212cc0f7e.jpegC6E5B049-F7CF-4713-B43C-C609FCC1621D.jpeg.57cbafb3a59b91978440048e5dd3bf93.jpeg

That's awesome @jddaigneault! Some of the best times I've had on the golf course is when my wife comes along for the ride. I find it a great way to enjoy two things in life that I love. Looks like you've got a keeper. 

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

That's awesome @jddaigneault! Some of the best times I've had on the golf course is when my wife comes along for the ride. I find it a great way to enjoy two things in life that I love. Looks like you've got a keeper. 

I agree completely!

• Like 2

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

Snuck in a final nine hole round before surgery at a local par 3 today, and had the best playing partner ever! The future Mrs. played her first ever round of golf with me, it was absolutely the best day of golf I’ve ever had! Couldn’t even tell you the score, but she had a blast and wants to play again so I’m calling it a win. 

C927DF76-2064-4285-A906-683D552EBC36.jpeg.eaabeed8cb905ba8a922dcb212cc0f7e.jpegC6E5B049-F7CF-4713-B43C-C609FCC1621D.jpeg.57cbafb3a59b91978440048e5dd3bf93.jpeg

Good luck on your surgery

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 6

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

Snuck in a final nine hole round before surgery at a local par 3 today,

Hope everything goes well.

• Like 3

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG