15 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I had my wife with me. She would have broken my phone if I tried. 😂

I bet your eyeballs were coming out your ears though...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, MattF said:

I bet your eyeballs were coming out your ears though...

I recommend sunglasses to hide those wayward eyes 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I recommend sunglasses to hide those wayward eyes [emoji23]

Best part about living FL I’m always wearing sunglasses. Unfortunately SWMBO caught on years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I broke 100 today - finished 18 holes in 97 minutes! No one in front and keeping it in play made it fast. Normally I would have walked (in about 2:15), but I strained a quad in the gym and I didn't want to stress it. Shot 78 with birdies at the first and the last (Hueston Woods, Oxford, OH).

• Like 8

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Best part about living FL I’m always wearing sunglasses. Unfortunately SWMBO caught on years ago.

more often than not it’s my wife pointing out a pretty young thing to me. 

man, i love her. 

• Like 4

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

Found a window between heavy rain and slogged out 9. Super wet and lots of down limbs on a couple fairways from a couple recent storms.  Played to a +7 which was okay considering sloppy course and the wind. 

Worked on shot routine and focus. Starting lessons in two weeks to shallow things out. 

• Like 5

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

After two large buckets at the range, testing the Cobra King Forged Tours, I put them back in the box and played 18 at Desert Hills with my PING's. 39/42, 30 putts.  I hit every fairway on the front, including both par 3 greens.  I started the back with 4 straight bogeys barely escaping a double with a 12+ foot putt. I missed several fairways on the back but only one resulted in a punch out under the tree line. I've been choking down on my driver a little and I think that is helping my fairways hit.  However, it looks to be costing me about 8-10 yards. Based on my last few rounds, I'm going to stick with it and see if the better scoring continues.

I'm finding the Cobras to be about 9-12 yards shorter, depending on loft, and launching even higher than my gamers - which I'm starting to wonder if they are too high as well.  I'm not really able to work the ball with them anymore than I can with the G410's.  I suspect this is largely my lack of skill set (particularly draw shots).  While the swingweight is supposed to be the same (D2), the G410's/AWT2.0 just feel heavier and a little better... perhaps just because I'm used to them. 

I had planned to play my round with the Cobra's but just wasn't feeling it with them. I was making good contact, but the G410's just felt better and had much less dispersion.  Dance with who brung ya 🙂.

• Like 8

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Played 16.5 holes today.  Skipped half of 9 and all of 10 because there was what seemed to be a rock concert going on.  Avoided that mess at all cost.  I did waste a 309 drive though... bummer.

I did not play well, it’s the first time I’ve been out in a month on the course. and the first time since leaving the Bryson swing at home.

I did have some good shots, but my old way of playing was all fade... took a few holes to get that down. I did try to work the ball, had some down wind holes, which I managed to hit my fade 40 yards further than hitting a draw with the same contact on the face... and I not getting enough spin? Weird I wouldn’t expect a 40 yard discrepancy between the two.  

Biggest take-a-way... I miss the Blueprints.  It was a swirler of a day for wind and I could not for the life of me control the T100S at all.  I know it can be done, I’ve seen it on TV... but I don’t know, might consider looking at blades again.  I had a ton of weird flier like shots from the fairway that went long.  The course I play, the miss is always short so that’s what I play for... but to miss over the back with a club that never should have gotten there... frustrating.

Either way, it was a beautiful day out there. And I hit all fairways that I used the driver on.  That has to be a first.

• Like 8

Cold when we teed off and never really warmed up all that much.  I didn't play well, at all.  44/40.  Had 3 doubles on the front (one due to an OB and another due to ball lost in water).  Another double on the back.  Sigh.  Just one of those days.  Played with my usual 4some, which has a lot of smack talk prior to and during our round.  We switch partners every time we play.  I had commented that my partner and I could bring our C games with us and still beat them.  Little did I know that both of us did, in fact, bring our C games.  We did win, as our opponents also played with their C games.  Handicaps in our group are 4,6,7, and 9, so we're pretty competitive whoever we team up with.  Lot of trash talk makes for a spirited game 🙂

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played a slow paced nine yesterday. Beautiful evening round. Short game killed me as 36 of my stroke were 50 yards and in 😬. Once wedge testing is done I will need to rethink my strategy and get proper practice in. I was so concerned about ball striking I forgot to refocus on short game. 

• Like 5

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

With temperatures here about 60 degrees yesterday, and the wind blowing out of the west / southwest at about 20mph, decided to get out for 9 holes at 3:15PM.

Played with another man over 63 like me, and a younger friend of his, newer to the game and 19 years old.

Had my best round of my short season, shot 37 with 2 bogies and 1 birdie. Rolled in a 25 footer on  a par 3 for the bird, and the bogies were the result of missing the green on the first par 3 on the course, and then on a longer, 420 yard par 4.

Temperatures today in the mid 40's and weather outlook not so bright for the next 10 days, although if it is sunny and mid 40's may try again next weekend, provided I can find a course still open for play.

• Like 7

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TS3 9.5 & 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Tensei Blue 70S

Irons: Titleist T100 4 - P Project X 5.0

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron 2012 Select Newport Notchback

Ball: 2013 Model Pro V1X

Played a slow paced nine yesterday. Beautiful evening round. Short game killed me as 36 of my stroke were 50 yards and in [emoji51]. Once wedge testing is done I will need to rethink my strategy and get proper practice in. I was so concerned about ball striking I forgot to refocus on short game. 

Going out w SWMBO this evening for maybe 9. She hasn’t played in at least a year but she wants to give it a go.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

Going out w SWMBO this evening for maybe 9. She hasn’t played in at least a year but she wants to give it a go.

LOL... Is this good news or bad, Rick? 🤪

I know a lot of the guys here love playing with the wives... I'm not that guy. The woman I'm seeing plays in the travel league I play on Thursdays. It's a really big group, 120 players, and about 20 are women. I actually asked her out in the clubhouse after the group finished about 3 years ago one of the first times she played with us.

She used to get mad at me for not wanting to play with her or other couples. She claims to "drive the ball well, get her irons in the air, and putt very well". That all sounds great, right? The problem is, this group is very tightly flighted (for the men, anyway) and everyone's handicap is listed next to their name on the pairings sheet we're emailed each Tuesday night. She's always been between a 41 and 44, which I told her is amazing considering all the things she claims to do so well. (hard to believe I'm single, huh?)

She's a great woman. Very attractive and really fun to spend time with. It's just golf is something I enjoy doing with my friends. I enjoy the ribbing, and putting some pesos on the line. She and I do a lot of stuff together, I'd just rather spend the 4 hours or so on the course with the boys, being an idiot amongst idiots.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 6

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Cypher 5.0

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Hybrids  :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

:ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

39/38 w/30 putts at Mesa Del Sol today.  Got lucky on #15 par 5. 3w into the fairway bunker leaving 68 yards to back pin. Came out nice but right over the flag and into the Oleander bush in back of green, but somehow rattled itself out leaving a playable but backside in the bush chip with a fairly steep left to right.  Just trying to get it close and it went in picture perfect.  Had three less than 6 ft putts for birdie up to that point and could not get any... crazy damn game this is 🙂

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Another beautiful day today (posted yesterday's pic in the Practice thread since I only played nine holes hitting multiple balls).  My wife has been my caddie; her stitches in her hand come out on Tuesday.  

Today I walked the front nine playing with two other singles; didn't play all that well... only 3 pars and 6 bogeys.  Short game let me down.  At the turn my wife got a cart and drinks and we rode the back nine; didn't play much better... 2 pars and a birdie (15 foot right to left breaker... like the ones I'd been missing for par all day).  So ended up with 12 bogeys and a bird for an 83.  Beautiful day; nice company; so-so golf, but NO doubles or worse!!

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

First round since the start of the month after struggling with a sore back. Final round for the year with a local forum. Normally 5 rounds over the year with this group, this year it was reduced to 2 due to COVID.

Very much an all or nothing round. Lots of pars, a couple of birdies, but the rest was awful. Played a course I’ve never played before, and an early start made it hard work.  In truth the golf was pretty much secondary to catching up with some mates from Melbourne that I haven’t seen all year as I couldn’t make the 1st round.

• Like 9

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

LOL... Is this good news or bad, Rick? 🤪
I know a lot of the guys here love playing with the wives... I'm not that guy. The woman I'm seeing plays in the travel league I play on Thursdays. It's a really big group, 120 players, and about 20 are women. I actually asked her out in the clubhouse after the group finished about 3 years ago one of the first times she played with us.
She used to get mad at me for not wanting to play with her or other couples. She claims to "drive the ball well, get her irons in the air, and putt very well". That all sounds great, right? The problem is, this group is very tightly flighted (for the men, anyway) and everyone's handicap is listed next to their name on the pairings sheet we're emailed each Tuesday night. She's always been between a 41 and 44, which I told her is amazing considering all the things she claims to do so well. (hard to believe I'm single, huh?)
She's a great woman. Very attractive and really fun to spend time with. It's just golf is something I enjoy doing with my friends. I enjoy the ribbing, and putting some pesos on the line. She and I do a lot of stuff together, I'd just rather spend the 4 hours or so on the course with the boys, being an idiot amongst idiots.

I don’t mind playing w SWMBO. Unfortunately when we play w other people she gets nervous/self conscious. She got over it quickly last night, she played well.

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Played twilight 9 hole Exec w SWMBO last night. Found a Tee Time and hoped we would not be joined by anyone else since she hasn’t played we think in almost 2 years. But last minute 2 guys jumped in on the other 2 open spots. SWMBO was a nervous wreck until she striped her 1st Tee Shot 125 yards pin high! I had her mix it up on which Tee she played so every Tee shot was in her favor. The 2 other guys were fine, they have SWMBO’s that play so we’re sympathetic, we had groups in front us that were a little slow so took pressure off me.
Anyway she got a few Pars, chipping/putting were a bit of a problem. She kicked our butts and evening went well.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead