:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Un-bloody-conscious! I still can't believe it but I shot a 79! 57% FIR 33% GIR 30 putts.  

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Nice eagle, congratulations!

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

I played a practice round for the high school league championship yesterday with three other players on the team at a place called montgomery village, which is a course which is about to get torn down, so it is not in the best of shape.  It was freezing and rainy, but it was a lot of fun.  I did not really keep my own score on the front because we were playing best ball, we were also messing around, and I think I shot 41, but on the back, I started to I started to focus and I shot a 37, but my team lost 2 and 1 on 17.

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Well, I shot an 89 on Sunday and finished in 6th place ( +6) out of 39 players. The player who finished last (-19) received $80. We paid out almost $6K for the two day event.  It's a lot of work but the fun makes it worth it.  We have a great Saturday Game with about 100 members that average 40 players each week. Some guys have to work on Saturday's so they come when they can.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Stunk it up yesterday with a 7 over 78, no birdies, not even a close call.   Howling 25 mile an hour canyon wind that made every drive go either 245 or 310.   Botched my 2nd shot on all four par 4's, so guess who'll be working on his fairway woods at the range this week?   Hit some more great Scor shots, though.   Replaced the 9 iron with a Scor 41 bent to 40 and like its siblings it goes high and straight and spins.  Perhaps too much, because I had two come back a bit whereas my old 9 skipped forward a touch.

Weird thing was that I drove the ball superbly and it did nothing for my overall score.   Likewise I've had rounds lately where I drove the ball badly, but my irons were on and I broke 70.

bag - SunMountain Synch with Ogio Synergy X4 cart
driver - :callaway-small: Optiforce 440, Paderson Kevlar Green stiff 46.5"
fwoods - :taylormade-small: Jetspeed, 3HL regular
irons - :taylormade-small:  Speedblades 3-8, 85g stiff steel, 2 up
wedges - :edilon-small: Scor 40, 45, 50, 54, 58
putter - :ping-small: Ketsch 35" slight arc, SuperStroke 2.0 mid-slim
ball - :titelist-small: ProV1x

It was thanksgiving long weekend this past weekend, and it was beautiful weather for golf. I ended up going out 3 times this weekend. Saturday I was up at around 6:45 and couldnt get to sleep so I called the executive course to see if I could get on around 7:30. I did quite well. Its a par 34 9 hole course and I shot a 41, which is great for me. Then I went out again on Sunday with my cousin to a course we dont normally play and shot a 92. My drives were great all day, hitting 270 - 300 yards, but it was again my short game that added up the strokes. Then yesterday morning I went out with my girlfriends dad and her sisters boyfriend and shot one of the worst games I have had all season. I ended up with a 102. I couldnt find a fairway to save my life and I ended up 3 putting a few times. Again it looks like we will have great weather next weekend so I will probably get another round or 2 in before seasons end. 

Played at the local mini course with a putter, 56 wedge and 7 iron. It's been 2 months since I've hit a ball but I didn't play bad. Now I want to play a full 18.

Always wanted to do a round with 3-4 clubs. Never have but figured it would be fun. I'm playing tomorrow but bringing the whole clubs out.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Shot 75 in the high school league championship.  The leader was at one under 70, and there were 4 kids at 73, and then there was me.  I hit everything so well except for the driver.  I was hitting trees that were not even in play in front of the tee boxes.  On number eleven, I hit it 100 yards forward, and 100 yards right, and I am not exaggerating at all.  It was horrendous.  I had to bench it after the beginning of the back nine and even hit my 3 wood on the 450 yard par four 17.  But I saved my round with my irons, my wedges, and my putter.  I had 13 putts on the front nine with missing a 3 footer on number 2.  I hit a lot of three woods off the tee, but on all of my five driver holes, except for number one which was crushed, I had to pitch out and make up and down from 50 yards.  I hit almost every single wedge to within 2 feet, it was crazy.  Overall, I had a pretty good season as a freshman, and I almost beat the superstar from flint hill who is playing D1 golf.  I was one back of him going into 18, and we both had birdie putts, but I missed, and he made it.  It was fun, and our team came in third overall.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

Great job by our younger golfers and a belated happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends.

I went out to play in league yesterday afternoon when Armagedon broke out after our tee shots on 11.  We were able to make our way under the driving range net where the canopy was reposing so we had a cigars and two beers each plus all the golf balls we could hit in a dry spot.  It took an hour for the rain to subside but I was able to help a guy fix his slice and rediscover how to hit a 4 iron in the process while smoking a cigar and downing two beers and solving all of the problems in the history of the world!

I don't know if that qualifies for how I played but whatever it was that we did, it was loads of fun.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Great job by our younger golfers and a belated happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends.

I went out to play in league yesterday afternoon when Armagedon broke out after our tee shots on 11.  We were able to make our way under the driving range net where the canopy was reposing so we had a cigars and two beers each plus all the golf balls we could hit in a dry spot.  It took an hour for the rain to subside but I was able to help a guy fix his slice and rediscover how to hit a 4 iron in the process while smoking a cigar and downing two beers and solving all of the problems in the history of the world!

I don't know if that qualifies for how I played but whatever it was that we did, it was loads of fun.

thats awesome. beer and cigars on the golf course are always a winning strategy... My only thought is I can't truly enjoy a cigar on the golf course... I would love to find a place that has a cigar porch.

On my note shot 88 today which was awful. My driving went from revolutionary to revolting... Just couldn't get my timing down on some shots. Had plenty of chips that spanned the gambit from really good to really really bad. Had 2-3 chunks and a few knee knockers.

Irons came around pretty well... so I can't argue. The big saving grace was the putter. I had back to back to BACK! 15 footers tiring someone in match play. At least 2-3 were really tough including getting up and down from the dirt and hitting a down hill 15 footer. 

A few holes later I ended up hitting a 25 footer straight in. I had one three putt on the second hole, but otherwise the flat stick was on fire. I probably ended up with 28 putts, but really it was the quality of the putts I hit, where several were dying 2-3 inches from the hole from 30-40 feet. Just one of those days I haven't seen in far too long.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Just got back from Phoenix and trying to catch up on how everyone is playing.  Sounds like some good and some not so good, which also reflects my play in Arizona.

I flew from Washington state on October 7 leaving sunshine and 80's to Phoenix where it rained.  At home when it rains, you play.  Ground soaks up the rain and away you go.  In AZ the few courses open either close up or it's cart path only.  Bummer!  At this time of the year most courses are overseeding with rye so the courses don't look brown for the snowbirds during the winter. I didn't get to play some courses that I had on my list.

I played the Camelback Padre course (cart path only) and shot a miserable 87 because it seemed that I was always on the opposite side of the fairway from the cart path.  The lack of the occasional correct club and hitting out of the Bermuda rough took its toll by the back nine.  Nice course but played long.

After a day of getting used to Bermuda, I did a little better at Wigwam resort; not a long course, shot 79 on postage stamp, potato chip greens.  Hard to hit and difficult to putt.  

Vistal GC is one of my favorite courses.  It used to be the Thunderbird course; volunteers at the WM Phoenix Open.  The course was sold several years ago because of an unfortunate accident, but they still have the First Tee course across the street.  Vistal doesn't overseed, and the price is reasonable ($37) even in the peak season.  Fairly open. lots of elevation changes, long holes, short holes, and a challenge for most any golfer.  Many greens are elevated and well-protected with large deep bunkers.  The people at Vistal are very friendly and generally we got off a little earlier than our tee time.  The starter would come to the practice green and give us about a 10 minute warning.  They also have an outdoor grill with very good food, and a cart girl every day of the week.  I played this course 5 times and shot in the high 70's and low to mid 80's.  It seems that I sink to the playing level of people I am paired with. lol.

Seems like lots going on, so will have to spend the weekend reading all of the posts from the past 2 weeks.  Play well everyone!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My club was closed today for a private tournament - 152 players. So three of us decided to play at Quail Hollow Golf Club......I shot a 40/46, 86 today from the whites - 6,000 yds. My friends shot 89 and 92 from the Senior tees - 5,500 yds. It was an absolutely beautiful day.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Got a call on Friday night at 9PM to see if I could play first thing Saturday morning and since I had a new putter arrive from Bettinrdi I decided to get out and play.  Hit the driver and irons well for not having played much the last four weeks or so, short game was a bit rusty and I actually putted well all day.  Kept it even through 12 holes with some good golf and some well not so good golf...would love to have the 5 iron back that i blew over the green into the water on 8.  Got hot the last six holes and made 4 birdies to come in with a 68.  I think that the new flat stick has earned at least one more week in the bag.

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

Shot 73 today in a money game winning a few bucks along the way. Other than a chip in it was a very boring round with lots of holed 3 and 4 footers. I like boring rounds.

I have a nice one day tournament on. Saturday morning. Looking forward to that. A friend of mine and I decided to play in the annual St Nicholas open a really fun 27 hole 2 man scramble. You play the regular course and the Par 3 course also. It's flighted and my friend is a 22 so I don't know what they will do with us.

I also received my invite to play in the New Years invitational. It is the longest running and one of the most prestigious amateur events in the southeast. Past champions include Boo Weekly and Bubba Watson. Obviously that group is different from the crowd I will play with. We seniors go off the back while the young guys rip up the front. It's a three day tournament. I'm pretty sure in going to give it a go.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

I am headed up to Ocala with a couple guys on Friday for the Annual Doug Oswald Invitational Senior's Tournament.  It's played at Ocala Municipal Golf Club with the proceeds going to the local youth athletic organizations.  I have played this two day tournament for 10 years, only coming in the money once, but the course is full of elevation changes, unlike the flatlands around Tampa. BTW, Doug Oswald is a Florida Gator and past Mayor of Ocala.  Mr. Oswald is now in his 80's but greets every foursome as they start the their play. It makes for a great 3 day weekend.  We go up on Friday for a practice round and take our wives.  They go shopping on Friday and Saturday while we play.  

Today was the best example of my game, shot 75 (4 over) but managed to hit 14 greens. My playing partners were a little blown away (2 of the missed greens were in the fringe).

No birdies, 14 birdie putts and no birdies! Missed from 4 feet at the last.....putter was sooooo cold. Think I had 36 of them today.

Assumed that the one on the last would cost me a decent handicap cut and the money, but no. Took division 1 by a single shot and scoring was so bad it looks like I'm going to get cut 0.6.

The importance of that is, for at least one week I'm down to 5 (5.4) - the first time in 25 years of golf I've achieved it. Great way to end the season.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Day one of two day tournament in Ocala.....I shot a 46/39, 85 with back to back Birdies on Par 5 #13 & Par 3 #14.......played the MG C4 ball all day and it performed admirably. The course was set up to play about 6,200 yards.

Wish me luck tomorrow...

Is it better to be the bottom of 16 in D Flight or the top of 16 in E Flight?

I was at the bottom of the D Flight(4th) of 16 players with an 81 being the top score and my 85 at the bottom. The guy at the top of the E flight scored an 84, so I asked how they decide.....then they switched us and said thanks. So now I am at the top of the 5th flight which ranges from 85 to 91.