How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played 9 this afternoon since it was so nice.  A lot of people had the same idea and it was extremely slow, over 2 hours.  2 birdies, 4 pars, 2 bogies and 1 stupid chunk-a-chip then 3 putt double bogey on the 9th to end up with a 2 over 38.

• Like 9

Modern Bag:  Sub70 849 Pro 9*, Hazrdous Smoke S Flex;  Titleist 915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 15*, & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

golf won today.

45/43 = 88

4/14 FiR

4/18 GiR

32 Putts

After a really good warm up on the range hitting ~20 balls and 3 really good shots with driver I was feeling good on the first tee box. Then it went to sh*t. Missed everything left today whether it was driver or irons. The only positive was that the TSI 3/5w were great. Hit a 5w into the wind and rain on a 200y par 3 to about 12'. 4 penalty strokes didn't help either.

• Like 9

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Rained out this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Sad 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played a short 9 with my wife yesterday, on an unusually mild and calm late Nov day.

Started off not so well .. was feeling a bit stiff and off-balance but somehow managed to scratch out bogeys .. basically thanks to good putting (despite poor and left-right ball striking). Third hole got it in gear and made a rare-for-me par on this dogleg right with a good tee shot over the trees at the corner and a lucky second that was a little thin and low but held the green.

After this all my Par 4/5 tee shots were good though only made one more par and the rest bogeys. On the two short Par 3s my iron shots both came up a bit short (I think you're supposed to add yards in cold dry air? ..which I didn't...) - first Par 3 I didn't hit my wedge hard enough from where I was, ball stopped in the rough just short of the green and I had to chip again .. which I then ran all the way to the back fringe .. d'oh .. 2 putted for Double for my worst hole of the day... Other Par 3 I almost chipped in from in front of the green .. ball grazed the low side of the cup and ran past .. left the 3 foot comeback putt literally hanging on the high side edge of the cup .. bogey...

My other highlights were making bogey on my nemesis hole that I typically double or triple - and that was even with another 2-chip after I left the approach wedge shot short and in the front bunker - from where I made (another rare-for-me) up and down .. yea! Also managed to finish with the same ball I'd started with.

But the real highlight of the day belongs to my wife -- #9 closing Par 3 has a pond in front of the tee box .. she tees up her driver and blasts away and flies the ball to the green .. yea! and it rolls out into the rough on the far side. We get over there .. she lines up her shot .. CHIPS IT STRAIGHT IN FOR BIRDIE!!! 👍

• Like 8
  • Love 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W and Epic Max 7W (both Project X Cypher)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H and 5H (both Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX-2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
...Edel EAS 4.0 (stock shaft, zero offset hosel, round grip)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

It was a balmy 48 Monday, so I went to my home course and shot a slightly sloppy 77. Lots of birdie chances, but only 1 for the round. Missed a lot of fairways, but hit a lot of greens. Any golf this time of year here is a bonus!

• Like 6

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png

Well, I had a rough time out there today.... 🙄 Let me get the excuses out of the way first. It was 39*-44* and a very steady strong wind all day. Yada Yada... I still should've been a LOT better than I was.

We played the Dye Course at my club. I was playing with a 23 year old 4 cap, a 30 year old 6, and a 59 year old(7 years younger than me) who plays off a 9. The two young guys crush the ball and the other is a pretty good ball striker.

I started off okay, but for a while it seemed like we were always into the wind, and I got caught up in the moment. I played one of the dumbest rounds I can remember in a long time. There was no way I was going to keep up with these guys distance wise in todays conditions, but I kept swinging harder and harder in an attempt to do so.

It got to a point where I started to reverse pivot, and my back stiffened up because of that. Long story short, it was a nightmare. I limped in with a 47-50-97, and honestly I thought it was worse. When they added up the scores, I was shocked I was under a 100.

When I struggle like that I'm not really aware of how the rest of my group is scoring, I'm just trying to "stay out of their way". Turns out the 4 shot a 91, the 59 year old an 86. The only one who played well was the 6 cap, and even he shot an 82.

By this point, I should know enough to stay within myself and play my game, I've played with good players a ton of times, yet today? Not so much. So tonight I'll hope my back doesn't stiffen up overnight, and hopefully redeem myself tomorrow.  It's going to be a little better weather (not too much better) and I'm playing Pine Lakes, another tough layout. 

• Like 7

:callaway-small: Epic Max 9* Cypher

:callaway-small: Epic Speed 15* Cypher

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* & 21* Kuro Kage

PXG 0311 Gen3 XP 5-AW MMT

:titelist-small: SM8 52F & 58D DG S200

:ping-small: Kushion 4.0 34”

Also in rotation :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18*, :titelist-small:TSi2 24*, :scotty-small: Newport 2.0

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+Black stand bag

Well, I had a rough time out there today.... [emoji849] Let me get the excuses out of the way first. It was 39*-44* and a very steady strong wind all day. Yada Yada... I still should've been a LOT better than I was.
We played the Dye Course at my club. I was playing with a 23 year old 4 cap, a 30 year old 6, and a 59 year old(7 years younger than me) who plays off a 9. The two young guys crush the ball and the other is a pretty good ball striker.
I started off okay, but for a while it seemed like we were always into the wind, and I got caught up in the moment. I played one of the dumbest rounds I can remember in a long time. There was no way I was going to keep up with these guys distance wise in todays conditions, but I kept swinging harder and harder in an attempt to do so.
It got to a point where I started to reverse pivot, and my back stiffened up because of that. Long story short, it was a nightmare. I limped in with a 47-50-97, and honestly I thought it was worse. When they added up the scores, I was shocked I was under a 100.
When I struggle like that I'm not really aware of how the rest of my group is scoring, I'm just trying to "stay out of their way". Turns out the 4 shot a 91, the 59 year old an 86. The only one who played well was the 6 cap, and even he shot an 82.
By this point, I should know enough to stay within myself and play my game, I've played with good players a ton of times, yet today? Not so much. So tonight I'll hope my back doesn't stiffen up overnight, and hopefully redeem myself tomorrow.  It's going to be a little better weather (not too much better) and I'm playing Pine Lakes, another tough layout. 

Those are brutal conditions, almost impossible to score decently.

• Like 5

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

41 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Those are brutal conditions, almost impossible to score decently.

For sure, but I'm more upset with myself for the overswing thing than the score.

I should know better than that, and I'm paying for it now, buddy. The back feels pretty bad right now...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Also in rotation :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18*, :titelist-small:TSi2 24*, :scotty-small: Newport 2.0

Really frustrating day today on the course.  Nice sunny day with temps in the mid to upper 40s and little to no wind to speak of.  Played the front okay, but not great with 4 bogeys for a 40.  Made the turn and the train left the station without me.  I missed EVERY par putt on the backside for a smooth bogey round 45 -- close but no cigar putts -- not bad putts, just didn't go in.  Now, the fact that I wasn't hitting greens in regulation didn't help matters, but really????  I'm generally a pretty good putter, but not today.  As I said, they were good putts that just burned the edge...and to cap it off, on 18, my 6 foot uphill par putt, with no break, ended up quivering on the lip -- just to annoy me, I think.  My partner played almost as poorly as I did and we ended up losing big time.  Had to give one of the opponents 5 shots, but that really didn't make a difference.    I'd make the excuse that the putting greens were a bit shaggier and slower than we usually see, but one of our opponents shot his usual 2 over, so there goes that excuse.  Peace out!  😄  

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 11/30/2020 at 11:34 AM, cksurfdude said:

Played a short 9 with my wife yesterday, on an unusually mild and calm late Nov day.

Started off not so well .. was feeling a bit stiff and off-balance but somehow managed to scratch out bogeys .. basically thanks to good putting (despite poor and left-right ball striking). Third hole got it in gear and made a rare-for-me par on this dogleg right with a good tee shot over the trees at the corner and a lucky second that was a little thin and low but held the green.

After this all my Par 4/5 tee shots were good though only made one more par and the rest bogeys. On the two short Par 3s my iron shots both came up a bit short (I think you're supposed to add yards in cold dry air? ..which I didn't...) - first Par 3 I didn't hit my wedge hard enough from where I was, ball stopped in the rough just short of the green and I had to chip again .. which I then ran all the way to the back fringe .. d'oh .. 2 putted for Double for my worst hole of the day... Other Par 3 I almost chipped in from in front of the green .. ball grazed the low side of the cup and ran past .. left the 3 foot comeback putt literally hanging on the high side edge of the cup .. bogey...

My other highlights were making bogey on my nemesis hole that I typically double or triple - and that was even with another 2-chip after I left the approach wedge shot short and in the front bunker - from where I made (another rare-for-me) up and down .. yea! Also managed to finish with the same ball I'd started with.

But the real highlight of the day belongs to my wife -- #9 closing Par 3 has a pond in front of the tee box .. she tees up her driver and blasts away and flies the ball to the green .. yea! and it rolls out into the rough on the far side. We get over there .. she lines up her shot .. CHIPS IT STRAIGHT IN FOR BIRDIE!!! 👍

Giving golf claps to Lisa...

giphy.gif

Maybe you could go see Lisa's instructor?  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/26/2020 at 10:23 AM, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm working on driver distance currently.  I was at a topgolf with customers and one of them is a really good golfer. ( At another level ) I watched him put 10 shots in a row within the three inner circles at the far target with a 7 iron. I studied his impact position, weight shift and timing. I am trying to incorporate those positions and timing. So far its working well. I've probably gained another 15 yards.  I think I was doing everything well before but I think I was decelerating coming into impact.

nice, yes acceleration thru impact is good. I find myself doing that on occasion, and its always a weak fade. My new driver swing (ala John Daly) is starting to get ingrained, and used it today at a stag day. Wasn't perfect , but had a few get out over 280. Thats like a 30-40 yard gain on the old g400. The Mavric aint no joke...

• Like 6

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

4 hours ago, chisag said:

... I keep thinking I am done for the year in Chicago. But bright sun, 42 and practically no wind at all was calling me. Since it was cold, the fairways shaggy and the greens slow, I moved up a tee box to play with the 2 guys I was paired up with. Had several makable birdie putts that didn't fall on the super slow greens. 1 birdie, 1 bogie and 16 pars. It has been soooooo windy with warm air from the south keeping the courses open so a no wind day was a real treat. I think my next round will be in Phoenix with completely opposite conditions so I am really looking forward to it. 

I played yesterday and it was 45* when I teed off. Thought I was going to die from freezing...

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Bacon Boyz tomorrow [emoji106]
Got a dozen guys, C19 scaring guys again.

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

This was earlier this week, on the front 9 I shot 2 under with only 9 putts, I holed out 3 times from off the green and had 3 two putts. Then on the back I had a chance to beat my personal best of 68 but finished bogey-bogey to shoot 69. Also I did a no-driver challenge that day, I wish I could play that good all of the time.

• Like 5

:nike-small: Vapor Pro 9* Driver

:callaway-small: XR 16 3 Wood

:cobra-small:King F7 3&4 Hybrids

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-5 Irons

:callaway-small:MD3 50* Wedge

Kirkland Signature 52*&56* Wedges

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B RXS

Golf drives me crazy...

I posted yesterday about my debacle (97) in cold windy conditions. I was worried I wouldn't be able to play today, because my back was killing me last night from over swinging, blah blah.

So this morning I woke up, took a Meloxicam for the back and headed off to play Pine Lakes with my Thursday travel league. Another cold day, but thankfully no wind to speak of.

From the very first hole, everything just clicked. I shot an 81, even though my putter was burning edges all day, I couldn't make a thing. I could've cared less though, I know I can putt, it was just one of those days when nothing falls.

What a dopey game though. I played two courses with about the same rating in two days and had a 16 stroke difference in my scores... I mean, really?????

• Like 8

+7 44 ESC 43 (par 37)

4/7 FiR

4/9 GiR

17 Putts

Really inconsistent today -- flashes of decent golf mixed with really dumb/poor mistakes. Lipped out birdies on 4 and 9 which is kind of frustrating after sinking a really nice birdie putt on the 2nd from about 15 feet. Shortgame around the greens is atrocious right now, need to figure it out.

• Like 8

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

Bacon Boyz 9 this morning, Boyz will be Boyz!!
One takeaway from this morning was TSI2 driver even without the correct heel weight is still Freakin long!! Over 200+ yards on the 2 Par 4’s. This sucker is long. 1st shot probably 215.
After golf off to breakfast and solve the worlds problems with not exactly health food.
Man that driver is long....

• Like 9

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead