Our Sponsors

49 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Wife and I played another new (to us) course. It was only a one alligator day - a small one . I figure it's parents were hiding someplace watching me. Overall didn't play too badly given I haven't gotten the hang of Bermuda rough or greens. A 44 on the front and 43 on the back with only one water ball.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Whenever I visit my buddy in Florida, the biggest thing I can't get used to is seeing everyone putt from way off the green.  You can't get away with that in my area. 

• Like 7

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

I got a hole in one on the first hole today. Makes for a really enjoyable round. Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

Had some nice shots but was mostly testing the BH hybrid didn’t keep score since it was like 35 no one was out on the course which was nice ... also used the jpx 900 hot metals for the first time I like them too 

• Like 6

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

3 minutes ago, Nolan220 said:

Had some nice shots but was mostly testing the BH hybrid didn’t keep score since it was like 35 no one was out on the course which was nice ... also used the jpx 900 hot metals for the first time I like them too 

😲  Hey!  Wait a minute!!  I'm 73, and it was like 34 and I kept score.  Played 18 holes with another couple in a little over 3 hours.  OK, it you're testing... you get a pass!

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

😲  Hey!  Wait a minute!!  I'm 73, and it was like 34 and I kept score.  Played 18 holes with another couple in a little over 3 hours.  OK, it you're testing... you get a pass!

Heck it was 45 degrees and I didn't keep score. But I was testing the Gamer golf ball today!😄 Can't spoil the surprise you'll have to wait for the official testing thread to be created. 

• Like 9

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Today was one of those Funny days... some haha Funny, some not.

My wife and I had a tee time at 9:46 with another couple, but the course had an hour frost delay.  We decided to leave the house around our tee time expecting to arrive with plenty of time to warm up.  At 9:30 the other couple called and they were there and the course was open!!  We scrambled!  Got there; got carted up; met them at the clubhouse and headed for the first tee... no warmup.  Oh yeah, foggy, 34º with a breeze out of the north.

I did swing my Skilz Gold Flex 10 times right handed and 10 times left handed, then grabbed my driver.  I had NO birdies; not surprising; 2 bogeys and 3 doubles (on #7, #12, and #18) for a round of 80.  

Now, the Funny part (not haha).  I drove the ball pretty well for me; 12/13 fairways and the one I missed, I only missed by 3 feet.  However, I couldn't hit a 2nd shot... period... with any club!!  I only hit 3 greens in regulation; two of those were par 3's.  A bad day of ball striking and still shoot +8.  Short game was solid.

Now, the Funniest part.  On #3 the guy we were playing with hit his ball into the hazard.  My wife who still isn't playing, was helping look for his ball.  It would have been in the water, but the pond water is very low in winter.  She saw a ball (wasn't his... a TopFlite 🙄) and climbed down the bank to get it, lost her balance, and fell into the reeds.  Didn't get hurt and didn't get wet, but had to pick out hundreds of seed pods that stuck to her fleece vest.  🤣

Tell Martha not be be mad at me for using the funny emoji 😆.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

59 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I actually intended too but forgot a score card 🤦🏼‍♂️

• Like 7

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I can do it without a scorecard.  I remember every shot on every hole, which is a bad thing.  Pros forget a bad shot and move on.  My bad shots are in my head until I go to sleep.  I start the next day with a clean slate.

Funny - as I was reading @Nolan220 post I was thing he same thing. Even without a scorecard I can remember the good and bad holes along with my overall score. This is irritating to my wife who constantly asks me if I recorded the score when we play. I must be a bit OCD. 

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

82 yesterday.  Putting was not up to par.  Temps were supposed to get up to the upper 40s in the afternoon, but a fog rolled in and never lifted, keeping the temps around 40 for most of the round.  Played nines with 2 other guys with 2 lower totals paying the higher total score -- I paid out.

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

This is becoming comical now, the 5th straight round, I have butcher the front 9 ..(different courses) and and then on the back 9 its been a solid rounds of 38,37, 38,36,37.  No rhyme or reason for the failures on the front 9, right now I think is getting in my head.. I didn't change anything on my swing or chipping or putting from front to back.

The back 9 have been a mostly lights out performance and the front 9 has been ridiculous  triples, doubles, etc. and is usually a 4-5 holes stretch.. (damage is done). is like there is a reset at the turn and all systems are go.

golf Love / Hate relationship.

• Like 9

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60 default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

13 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Tell Martha not be be mad at me for using the funny emoji 😆.

She isn't mad... she laughed on the way down.  

Her trick today was setting off the Walmart burglar alarm.  She stood there with the alarm going off; no one came over, so she left.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Funny - as I was reading @Nolan220 post I was thing he same thing. Even without a scorecard I can remember the good and bad holes along with my overall score. This is irritating to my wife who constantly asks me if I recorded the score when we play. I must be a bit OCD. 

That's because you are a Virtuoso like me.  😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

She isn't mad... she laughed on the way down.  
Her trick today was setting off the Walmart burglar alarm.  She stood there with the alarm going off; no one came over, so she left.

They just took her picture, since she left it will be on the nightly news and her picture will be on display at the post office.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I played yesterday, it was a par 70, and I was 7-over thru 10, probably the worst I've played in a few months. Then I finished the last 8 holes in 3 under by making birdies holes 13, 14, and 15 to shoot 74. That is one of my weirdest rounds in a while.

• Like 8

:nike-small: Vapor Pro 9* Driver

:callaway-small: XR 16 3 Wood

:cobra-small:King F7 3&4 Hybrids

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-5 Irons

:callaway-small:MD3 50* Wedge

Kirkland Signature 52*&56* Wedges

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B RXS

17 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Wife and I played another new (to us) course. It was only a one alligator day - a small one . I figure it's parents were hiding someplace watching me. Overall didn't play too badly given I haven't gotten the hang of Bermuda rough or greens. A 44 on the front and 43 on the back with only one water ball.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Growing up in Florida, we use to go watch them wrestle gators. That seemed very real and awful scary at that time.  Ahh yes, Howard Johnson's, all you can eat fried clams, Stuckey's peanut brittle, comic books, and that silly hand held game get the ball through the maze and in the hole (never mastered that one either)... those were the days.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

15 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I can do it without a scorecard.  I remember every shot on every hole, which is a bad thing.  Pros forget a bad shot and move on.  My bad shots are in my head until I go to sleep.  I start the next day with a clean slate.

that funny, I can remember every shot from the last round I've played too, but the second I start a new round, that one is gone...

• Like 4

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

6 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

that funny, I can remember every shot from the last round I've played too, but the second I start a new round, that one is gone...

... Pretty much the same for me, although I can remember every shot everyone in my group hit, or at least al that I saw. Then new memories start the next round. 

• Like 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Man I am dying to go play, but the windstorm is off the hook here in SoCal. Like 30 mph, with gusts that make it hard to stand in one spot.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

7:00 am Tee Time, 54*, light drizzle & cloudy, Yuck.
Took so time to pay attention to what the other 3 combatants were doing. This was club selection on a 130 yard hole;
80 year old, driver
78 year old, 5 hybrid
72 year old, 3 wood
74 (me), 8 iron
The 80 year old is getting really shaky but he’s out there 3 days a week.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yes I made the bird.Image1607381265.680085.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy