Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Dr put me on the bench for another week. She wants the antibiotics to have tim3 to work while I am resting......dealing with Walking pneumonia after Covid19.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hopefully you will be feeling better in a few days, better be safe than sorry.

  • Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max - 9*, Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Diamana 75 Limited Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  4 - 6 T200,Titleist 7 - PW T100S, Nippon NS Pro 880 AMC Chrome Stiff
Wedges:  :titelist-small:Vokey SM 7 - 50*, 56*, 60*  Standard Wedge Shafts                                                                                                                                   

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5           
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1 X

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

LOL, back to reality today with a nifty little (43-37) 80.  Started out bogey, double bogey, bogey.  

The golf gods giveth, and the golf gods taketh away.  Am just thankful I live in the south where we can play golf year round.

  • Like 9
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

38/41 at Mesa Del Sol.  3 putted two GIR's on the back.  I also went for it on a Par 5 that had a favorable flag and wind condition but it hit the bank across the water and rolled back for a penalty.  Add an OB on #14 ( I usually hit a 3w off the tee) and things got a little loose on the back.  But, I took 3 of 4 kp's, had a birdie, and had fewest total putts yielding a $1.25 purse 👍.

Sounds like the irons are working fine.  If you spend the $3000, you might win $1.75  🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2020 at 9:29 PM, fozcycle said:

Dr put me on the bench for another week. She wants the antibiotics to have tim3 to work while I am resting......dealing with Walking pneumonia after Covid19.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

good advice - don't push it. 

  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a beautiful day to be on the course, temps were in the mid 50's and it was windy. I could have done without the wind, except when it was behind me, it did lead to a couple of good drives. It also knocked down more shots than it helped since the wind more often than not was blowing in my face.

20201221_151314-01.jpeg.0dc1142f89b514ac6855355a6286faeb.jpeg

Shot a 56 hitting one fairway, no greens, and 16 putts. Having 4 penalties and hitting two balls into the same pond didn't help. The first one was a 52 from 75 yards and another was from behind the pond. Needless to say, I struggled mightily with the wedge game. I was hitting them good yesterday into the net, but get me on the course and it all falls apart. 

I'm starting Planemate protocols back up to see if I can improve that aspect of my game and get the bad shots and thoughts out of my head. All wedges, all day tomorrow for this guy. 

My putting was on fire! I had 16 putts with no 3 putts and two one putts from 30 and 24 feet. I almost sunk a 20 footer on the last hole. 

I'm playing horribly right now, my game is a dumpster fire and it's been hard not to get discouraged. I intend to beat the slump into the ground, I'm stubborn that way. I still had fun on the course and am thankful to have been able to play today. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

It was a beautiful day to be on the course, temps were in the mid 50's and it was windy. I could have done without the wind, except when it was behind me, it did lead to a couple of good drives. It also knocked down more shots than it helped since the wind more often than not was blowing in my face.

20201221_151314-01.jpeg.0dc1142f89b514ac6855355a6286faeb.jpeg

Shot a 56 hitting one fairway, no greens, and 16 putts. Having 4 penalties and hitting two balls into the same pond didn't help. The first one was a 52 from 75 yards and another was from behind the pond. Needless to say, I struggled mightily with the wedge game. I was hitting them good yesterday into the net, but get me on the course and it all falls apart. 

I'm starting Planemate protocols back up to see if I can improve that aspect of my game and get the bad shots and thoughts out of my head. All wedges, all day tomorrow for this guy. 

My putting was on fire! I had 16 putts with no 3 putts and two one putts from 30 and 24 feet. I almost sunk a 20 footer on the last hole. 

I'm playing horribly right now, my game is a dumpster fire and it's been hard not to get discouraged. I intend to beat the slump into the ground, I'm stubborn that way. I still had fun on the course and am thankful to have been able to play today. 

Better get to work on practicing those 20-100y shots that was mentioned in your 2021 plan!!  Partial distance feel shots require lots of practice and much maintenance.

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Better get to work on practicing those 20-100y shots that was mentioned in your 2021 plan!!  Partial distance feel shots require lots of practice and much maintenance.

Yessir! I'll be spending a lot of time the next couple of weeks building a foundation for a better short game and then spend time maintaining it with the net and on the range. I need to build a chart for 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 shots and their yardages. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Yessir! I'll be spending a lot of time the next couple of weeks building a foundation for a better short game and then spend time maintaining it with the net and on the range. I need to build a chart for 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 shots and their yardages. 

I am not a sir... I am El Conquistador.   😆

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Thanks @sirchunksalot.  I was hoping you got the reference.

Unfortunately, I missed that one. You did inspire me to Google it and give it a listen. Hilarious! I saw it was brought up with the Bob and Tom morning show, was that something original to them? I used to listen to them when I'd head over to middle Tennessee to hunt. They weren't in my market, but a friend and I would crack up at some of the songs they would play. Most notably Prison B***h and an advertisement about cider. 

Thank you for giving me a laugh this morning and bringing back some fond memories. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Unfortunately, I missed that one. You did inspire me to Google it and give it a listen. Hilarious! I saw it was brought up with the Bob and Tom morning show, was that something original to them? I used to listen to them when I'd head over to middle Tennessee to hunt. They weren't in my market, but a friend and I would crack up at some of the songs they would play. Most notably Prison B***h and an advertisement about cider. 

Thank you for giving me a laugh this morning and bringing back some fond memories. 

Thanks!!  They had some funny stuff and comedians.  I used to listen to Bob and Tom on my way to work years ago.  They changed several years ago when Bob left; I switched to SiriusXM.

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got in a quick nine the other day, and some nice elves went out and decorated the flagsticks for us.

image.png.53151c791d67adababa329c4e740c3ca.png

That was a second shot on a par 4 from 90 yards out.  Would have been really nice.  I played great and shot 1 under (easy course, think of it as 1 over on a reasonably tough course).  Best part?  My putter was sitting on the putting mat in my office, so I had to put with a 4 iron.  I actually putted OK and made a 30 footer for birdie.  A Christmas miracle!

 

  • Like 9

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
7 Wood  - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha Warbird S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
5i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

What's in timeout:
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4i - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been a pretty wet Autumn in Scotland this year and our course has struggled. We have 5 holes that don't drain very well in the Winter so the club use a slightly different layout in Winter we play a course layout called Kinglass. They maintain 6 greens for Winter keeping to the top of the course and take off 6 Summer holes. Even doing this they have struggled to keep 18 holes open and we've been only playing 11 holes. 

First round yesterday for 2 weeks of 18 and managed a 4 over par 68, couldn't make a putt all day. 4 bogies and 14 pars. Bogeyed 4, an easy par 5 with a litany of errors, bunkerd off the tee, under club my approach, over hit my chip. 10 got a flyer on approach, good chip then missed putt from 6 feet. 14 is a hard hole but got away with hitting a double cross 3h approach and saved a bogey. Then 17 is a birdie chance hole normally for me, 10 yds short with drive but short sided, hit the chip heavy and 3 putted. 

Out again today for my last round before Xmas, 35'F but no frost on the ground so should have a good day.

  • Like 8

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did not shoot well on a very chilly nine today. Wet and cold. Every iron was hit fat. Think I had too many swing thoughts going on. My 3/4 and half shots were good and bump and runs worked real well. Driver distance is concerning. In the summer I was about 270 with max of 300. Now, I am barely touching 230. I get the cold and wet grass probably are discouraging me but I also worry my inch short shaft now is too stiff and if I should try to swap it with CPO for a stiff of the same. Also sadly, battling some tendinitis above my elbow and gonna take some time off. So much for my swing speed work. Maybe I can use this time to work on short game and proper hip rotation drills. Also really thinking about the top of my bag. The 3H isn’t cutting it ( avg only 150 with it today which is my 8i distance and I struggle with fairway woods, may come down to practice with it more) and the 2 DI I need more practice with. 

  • Like 7

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...