Our Sponsors

Played Wednesday Driver OK couldn’t hit an iron or putt to save my life
Played NYE with Bride, couldn’t HIT ANYTHING !!!! The Bride outplayed me, fortunately she can’t putt, well I putted awful also.
This morning Friday Bacon Boyz! Switched EVERY CLUB in my bag except Hybrid, played really good especially irons. The Mizzies were great, hit irons solid, putted well with an older Lajosie and hit the G410 driver OK, not great. Sooo those clubs earned another day in the bag!
The Bacon Boyz didn’t disappoint, a few of them were so hung over they couldn’t function, good day.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

****Alert ***** Alert!******Alert!****** sluggo shoots a new PB today !!!!!!!!!!!   -4.......    67. .......    -4. .....    67!   ..... It was a Great day to say the least, and the o

Posted Images

Had a round to forget yesterday but I have to share it. The first 15 holes went pretty well, had a putt for eagle, was only 7 over and was planning for a score of around 80. Then the golfing gremlins attacked me big time with a par 5 turning into a 10 followed by a triple bogey 7 and a final bogey 5 for a score of 89 😭.

The worst and most amazing part of the 10 was I hit every shot. There were no lost balls, no penalties, it was all me 🥴🥴😂😂🙃

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

48 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

Had a round to forget yesterday but I have to share it. The first 15 holes went pretty well, had a putt for eagle, was only 7 over and was planning for a score of around 80. Then the golfing gremlins attacked me big time with a par 5 turning into a 10 followed by a triple bogey 7 and a final bogey 5 for a score of 89 😭.

The worst and most amazing part of the 10 was I hit every shot. There were no lost balls, no penalties, it was all me 🥴🥴😂😂🙃

Did you feel a kinship with Tiger at that point of getting into double digits?

Although his was on a par 3 with multiple water adventures mixed in...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- In my Datrek - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL:

:ping-small: - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

Tracked by Shot Scope V2

Got out to play 9 this afternoon about 3:15, the course parking lot was packed...but luckily they were all early players.  We buzzed around in 1:20 and didn't catch up to anyone until the 9th tee.  Didn't keep score, hit a few practice shots on a few holes and had a good time in the 50* temps which is pretty nice for Jan 2nd.

• Like 5

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

My wife and I walked the front nine today with my usual Monday walking group buddies; rained Monday and today was just cloudy and no wind for a change.

I had 7 pars and 2 bogeys for a +2 round of 39.  Anytime I break 40 on our front nine, I feel pretty good about it.  Driver was generally good, but not the usual roll because of wet fairways.  Looks like rain tomorrow, but Thursday looks good for another round.

• Like 7

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played my 3rd round of the year today. Smooth 36/33 69 for the first under par and under 70 round of 2021. I missed 8 putts under 20 feet on the front, or it could have been a very special day.
Looking forward to decent weather on Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

First time out after a 2 week layoff due to playing like crap...

shot good

• Like 3

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

Well, the Pushcart Mafia at Pebble Creek played yesterday. Temp was 45* at Tee Time, rising to 70* when we finished.  I shot a 40/45:85 with doubles on #16 & #18.  I think we fatigued at #16.  Our ages are: 70/69/67  Our scores were 85/89/76.  We decided that we would walk every Tuesday this Winter.  I tried out my new Cobra Speedzone Extreme and was not dissappointed. 14/18 Fairways, 12 with the Speedzone Extreme.

Image1609968899.960072.jpg

• Like 9

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

My regular Wednesday group was rained out today.  Supposed to play Friday, but forecasts is calling for 70% chance of rain, so......

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

9 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Well, the Pushcart Mafia at Pebble Creek played yesterday. Temp was 45* at Tee Time, rising to 70* when we finished.  I shot a 40/45:85 with doubles on #16 & #18.  I think we fatigued at #16.  Our ages are: 70/69/67  Our scores were 85/89/76.  We decided that we would walk every Tuesday this Winter.  I tried out my new Cobra Speedzone Extreme and was not dissappointed. 14/18 Fairways, 12 with the Speedzone Extreme.

Image1609968899.960072.jpg

Such a young group!!  My Monday walking group that walked on Tuesday because the weather was better ages are 73 (me), 77, 80.  When my wife walks with us, her 65 skews the average.

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

It was a decent day but I had errands to run, but my wife played in the Ladies League.  She had been struggling... mostly around the green; it's not in peak shape and I think she hasn't fully adjusted to winter golf, that is until today.

She birdied the 1st hole and only had one DB for the round.  She shot 44/41 for a nice 85; one of her lowest rounds in league play.

• Like 6

My regular Wednesday group was rained out today.  Supposed to play Friday, but forecasts is calling for 70% chance of rain, so......

Better get after it today....

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Such a young group!!  My Monday walking group that walked on Tuesday because the weather was better ages are 73 (me), 77, 80.  When my wife walks with us, her 65 skews the average.

So, you get to one up me KennyB.......I’m just waiting until your next visit to Central Florida. And you better plan it for better weather than the last time....LOL

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

Wife and I played yesterday at our new course - Cypress Creek in Ruskin. I've played here a couple of times already and had a pretty decent game. Yesterday not so much. I had a complete meltdown at the fifth hole and went downhill from there. Ended up with a 50 on the front. The back was getting worse so just stopped counting. Taking a couple of days off to get my head together.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

8 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Wife and I played yesterday at our new course - Cypress Creek in Ruskin. I've played here a couple of times already and had a pretty decent game. Yesterday not so much. I had a complete meltdown at the fifth hole and went downhill from there. Ended up with a 50 on the front. The back was getting worse so just stopped counting. Taking a couple of days off to get my head together.

This is the best I got for ya.

Forget About It GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

6 hours ago, fozcycle said:

So, you get to one up me KennyB.......I’m just waiting until your next visit to Central Florida. And you better plan it for better weather than the last time....LOL

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

It won't be too long!!  Need to work a deal with @cksurfdude.

• Like 4

On 1/6/2021 at 5:28 PM, CarlH said:

So, did you play today?  I saw our weather didn't look too good for Friday so my wife and I played today.  

It was one of THE most disgusting rounds I've played in awhile.  It took me 6 holes to hit a straight ball off the tee, and then the ball didn't travel very far... in the air or on the ground.  I couldn't hit a ball off the fairway.  The rain last night made many fairways soggy.  I only made 6 pars, no birdies, but I managed to get around the course without a DB or worse, so an 84.  

If it weren't for my putter, I don't think I would have broken 90.  I made 9 putts that were over 6 feet to save par or bogey.  I really, really didn't want to make a double, now that I'm tracking DB+ along with birdies this year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Stop counting once you get to the practice green.  Winter golf is for keeping/getting your swing grooved.  It's not a real test of your scoring prowess anyway, so why stress over it?

Now if you head somewhere tropical, where the conditions are pristine, sharpen the pencil...😉

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- In my Datrek - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL:

:ping-small: - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

Tracked by Shot Scope V2

36 (-1) 

71% fir

78% gir

17 putts

Started 2021 off with a double bogey, but that would be the only score worse than par for me. Hit all 3 par 5s in two, hence the putting stats. My proximity to hole was probably on average like 30' but I escaped with only one 3 putt par from about 45' which I'm not horribly upset about. Pretty happy to be hitting greens from 202y, 212, and 195.

It took me a couple of holes to get used to the weight of the LAB putter, it's significantly lighter feeling than my ER5 in the head. 

Also went back to the made for Ventus and definitely noticed the extra distance. I still think there could be a better fit for me as I really feel like I need to "Bryson" it for the shaft to produce. Solid start to '21 for me though! We also had a buyer accept our counter offer on the condo! Things are looking up!!!

• Like 4

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X