Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

  • Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

... Well I have had 4 months of mediocre, out right bad and some occasionally pretty decent golf but only 3 total at par or under out of about 100 rounds. That said, I think I am finally figuring out

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

We played with our Ohio golfing partners on Friday at Cypress Creek in Ruskin Fl. After several range sessions, my driver stopped acting up and my drives were fairly straight - well, except for that one drive that I sliced into the water. Ended up with an 88, primarily because I left about a half doz putts a roll away from the hole. One of these days I'll get to use to Bermuda grass. However, I was able to kick putt this in for a bird on a par 4 - no putter required emoji23.png
IMG_0427.JPG.508e5bb69a4bbbb1c5d6c5e6150c9d8b.JPG

This was also a day for seeing lots of wildlife on the course, from cranes and raccoons scampering across a parking lot to this bad boy sunning himself next to one of the tee boxes. 
IMG_0426.JPG


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

 

Now that’s a gator! Looks like an awesome day!

  • Like 2

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

On The Bench:

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

We played with our Ohio golfing partners on Friday at Cypress Creek in Ruskin Fl. After several range sessions, my driver stopped acting up and my drives were fairly straight - well, except for that one drive that I sliced into the water. Ended up with an 88, primarily because I left about a half doz putts a roll away from the hole. One of these days I'll get to use to Bermuda grass. However, I was able to kick putt this in for a bird on a par 4 - no putter required emoji23.png
IMG_0427.JPG.508e5bb69a4bbbb1c5d6c5e6150c9d8b.JPG

This was also a day for seeing lots of wildlife on the course, from cranes and raccoons scampering across a parking lot to this bad boy sunning himself next to one of the tee boxes. 
IMG_0426.JPG

 

 

When are you headed north?  That's when you will be used to Bermuda grass!  😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

40/43 at Mesa Del Sol yesterday with continued crappy putting. Not way off at all but missed 6 legit birdie attempts and what seemed like a dozen burned edges along with a couple peek-a-boo lip sitters 🤪. I so wanted to attend a PING putter fitting last spring while in AZ but C19 took care of that... and it continues this year.  Last week a new playing partner had me try his mallet style, face-level putter he had recently switched to.  It got my new putter mojo going again and that will be my focus once I finish my irons and woods re-fitting.

  • Like 6

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really suck at this game!!  Same score as yesterday, 82 but today it was 42/40.  No birdies; no doubles, but I had to make a no-putt bogey to do it. 

Fairways hit... 5.  GIR... 3.  Really?!  Only 3 greens in regulation!!  I keep thinking what I could do if my long par putts and bogey saves were for birdie opportunities.  Frustrated!

  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2021 at 9:41 PM, Kenny B said:

I really suck at this game!!  Same score as yesterday, 82 but today it was 42/40.  No birdies; no doubles, but I had to make a no-putt bogey to do it. 

Fairways hit... 5.  GIR... 3.  Really?!  Only 3 greens in regulation!!  I keep thinking what I could do if my long par putts and bogey saves were for birdie opportunities.  Frustrated!

I feel your pain, bro!

  • Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting out about 1-2 each weekend for 9 holes a piece. Winter Goll is an adventure ! Stoked about my putting starting to come down under 18 puts per 9. Overall scores are still struggling but that as been from 2nd and 3rd shots lately.  The new Triton Driver has been helping hit those fairways thus far.  Stay warm out there fellow spies ! 

404833948_Screenshot2021-01-18at12_31_23PM.png.983d2cef0df7a3eab8b743ce05d62d05.png

  • Like 9

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Note, #14 was one of two holes that I did not birdie at all in 2020! And I had back to back birds!

Nice job conquering #14 (and so early in the year), well done!  Back-to-back birds had to feel great, and 1st place cash to boot -- what a day...

  • Like 6

I'm decidedly brand agnostic -- In my Datrek - DG Lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my image.png.77fe07cbfea697deca64bd4a4263a151.png - Quad XL:

:ping-small: - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

:titelist-small: - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

:cobra-small:- Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg - Original Series 0211 - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

:cleveland-small: - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex

image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png - Directed Force 2.1 (Nickel) - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

:Snell:- MTB  Black

Tracked by Shot Scope V2

Link to post
Share on other sites

Played in shorts this afternoon...not bad for mid January

Struggled with ball striking a bit today.

46 - 43 = 89

Too many missed greens


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 8

 

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB



Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, chisag said:

... What a fun, exasperating, good and bad round today. In other words ... golf. Battling a stomach flu the last few days I was a little weak but of course I walked anyway. I got paired up with 3 Korean players in their late 70's and they invited me to play from their tees, so I obliged. Normally I play from 6400 with some long par 4's and 2 drivable par 4's at 277/294, a 150 and a devious 115 yd par 3, it plays much longer than 6400. But at 5952 it plays short, very short because I can land on downslopes shooting the ball forward even farther. I was out driving my pards by 150 - 200yds every hole and they thought I was Dustin Johnson LOL. One of them never hit a ball above 3 feet the entire round and none of them came close to breaking 100. 

... Fun because even though they spoke broken English, they love golf and were a joy to spend 4.5 hours playing along side. Exasperating because I had 3 eagle putts and made none of them from 15/10/8 feet. I also had wedge or 9/8 iron almost every hole and just could not hit anything really close. I ended up at -2 and really should have been much lower on such a short course. 5 birdies and 3 bogies. I drove both 277/294 par 4's and only birdied one of them. Both are measured by their dogleg and not as the TP5 Pix flies, so they are more like 240 and 260 but over water that is about 15 yds short of both greens. I hit 2 wedges into bunkers with a par on one and bogie on the other. Just no excuse for hitting into a bunker with a pw in my hands. By the end of the round I was really tired and pulled my tee shot on 18 into the 9th fairway. There is a bunker on the left I can't fly over from my tees but 20 yds in front from the Gold Tees AND a downslope 20 yds in front of that bunker so I over swung and pulled my tee shot leaving me a 6 iron into the green. Blind shot so I landed in the middle of the green with a front pin and like I seemed to do all day I lipped out my 5th putt that caught a piece of the hole. It was like the Golf Gods were punishing me for playing forward tees. 🤣

... All in all I have no complaints as I felt much better, shared the day with some great guys that love the game and put myself in position to score all day. With so many stuck in winter conditions I am well aware how lucky I am to even be playing so I am not gonna complain about playing with temps in low 70's on a course too short for my skill level and not taking advantage of it. 

 

Have you picked a "home course" now that your in The Valley of the Sun?

  • Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I really suck at this game!!  Same score as yesterday, 82 but today it was 42/40.  No birdies; no doubles, but I had to make a no-putt bogey to do it. 

Fairways hit... 5.  GIR... 3.  Really?!  Only 3 greens in regulation!!  I keep thinking what I could do if my long par putts and bogey saves were for birdie opportunities.  Frustrated!

I enjoy playing more when I suck because then I am not concerned about the score. I have lower expectations. 

It's all about getting out and playing for me. 

My ex-wife suffered from mal-content - never being satisfied. It is a horrible way to live. 

Golf is about attitude as much as score. Some people would give up a child to shoot those scores. 

  • Like 6

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Buffly said:

I enjoy playing more when I suck because then I am not concerned about the score. I have lower expectations. 

It's all about getting out and playing for me. 

My ex-wife suffered from mal-content - never being satisfied. It is a horrible way to live. 

Golf is about attitude as much as score. Some people would give up a child to shoot those scores. 

My scores have been OK, but how I get them isn't OK.  I know I can play better than I have been, but wasted shots kill me.  It's not that I hit an errant shot; I just can't hit the ball.  I can't tell you how many times I have hit the ball in the fairway 150 yards from the green and then completely miss the ball with my next shot.  Fortunately, I get the ball within 30-40 yards of the green then make a par putt or at worst a bogey and not double.  

Yesterday I hit a poor tee shot on a par 5, topped my ball into a fairway bunker, hit a good shot out of the bunker to 145y out, chunked my 4th shot to 115y out, hit a decent 5th shot to a couple of feet in front of the green to a front pin location, chipped in for a bogey save.  At worst I should have been on the green or just short of the green in three shots where I can easily make a par.  It's been like this for a couple of weeks.  

I normally don't go out to play golf just for fun and have a good time.  I go out to play golf better than I did the last time I played golf.   I find it very difficult to enjoy being out there when I'm not hitting the shots I know I can hit.  On the positive side I have managed to recover enough to not make many doubles.  I have to figure out my issue before my short game goes on vacation.  Sorry for my rant... just frustrated.

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chisag said:

... What a fun, exasperating, good and bad round today. In other words ... golf. Battling a stomach flu the last few days I was a little weak but of course I walked anyway. I got paired up with 3 Korean players in their late 70's and they invited me to play from their tees, so I obliged. Normally I play from 6400 with some long par 4's and 2 drivable par 4's at 277/294, a 150 and a devious 115 yd par 3, it plays much longer than 6400. But at 5952 it plays short, very short because I can land on downslopes shooting the ball forward even farther. I was out driving my pards by 150 - 200yds every hole and they thought I was Dustin Johnson LOL. One of them never hit a ball above 3 feet the entire round and none of them came close to breaking 100. 

... Fun because even though they spoke broken English, they love golf and were a joy to spend 4.5 hours playing along side. Exasperating because I had 3 eagle putts and made none of them from 15/10/8 feet. I also had wedge or 9/8 iron almost every hole and just could not hit anything really close. I ended up at -2 and really should have been much lower on such a short course. 5 birdies and 3 bogies. I drove both 277/294 par 4's and only birdied one of them. Both are measured by their dogleg and not as the TP5 Pix flies, so they are more like 240 and 260 but over water that is about 15 yds short of both greens. I hit 2 wedges into bunkers with a par on one and bogie on the other. Just no excuse for hitting into a bunker with a pw in my hands. By the end of the round I was really tired and pulled my tee shot on 18 into the 9th fairway. There is a bunker on the left I can't fly over from my tees but 20 yds in front from the Gold Tees AND a downslope 20 yds in front of that bunker so I over swung and pulled my tee shot leaving me a 6 iron into the green. Blind shot so I landed in the middle of the green with a front pin and like I seemed to do all day I lipped out my 5th putt that caught a piece of the hole. It was like the Golf Gods were punishing me for playing forward tees. 🤣

... All in all I have no complaints as I felt much better, shared the day with some great guys that love the game and put myself in position to score all day. With so many stuck in winter conditions I am well aware how lucky I am to even be playing so I am not gonna complain about playing with temps in low 70's on a course too short for my skill level and not taking advantage of it. 

 

Great round! You are a very good player.

I have always wondered if the PGA played closer if they would not score alot lower because of some of the same issues you ran into? Who knows.

  • Like 3

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...