Another round on the sim. Played all 18 of Whislting Straits Irish Course. Struggled for the first 6 holes, couldn’t hit a green. Ended-up with four birdies from then on, and beat my former player by a stroke! I’d love to see that course in real life!!! Looks incredible.

• Like 5

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

12 hours ago, RollingGreens said:

12 deg in Cleveland today. Played simulator golf.

Where abouts?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Have been playing very conservative to start the year and gather some data on how it is going. Plan to play the next couple rounds a bit more aggressively and compare. Then try and mix the two to find a good course strategy going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Good cold day. Some of the greens where ice rinks though. 1627558193.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 4

:wilson_staff_small: Triton 10.5 degree regular flex
:taylormade-small: R580 3 & 5 stiff flex 
1700984641_Screenshot2021-02-09at1_22_31PM.png.826d2fd278c265f02c50f581ec750bf5.png Inazone Single Length 4H
:cobra-small: 5i-SW Cobra Fmax ONE Length regular flex steel
:ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 
:ping-small: 2021 Hoofer 

image.jpeg.f0b1d1d2bc3b2ec6880dd6c9a3b096e9.jpeg   image.jpeg.231a9c2f1e7b1dc46388ceac1039351a.jpeg     image.png.32ebfd5998dc591ff68ab71bb6d09b08.png

On 1/30/2021 at 2:34 PM, CarlH said:

A windy day on the course...2-3 club at times.  After shooting 8 over through 10 holes, including the 2 doubles, I finished the last 8 holes much stronger and carded an 81 -- no birdies.  Got boned by the flagpole and foam combo on a long putt for par on the par 3 #9 when the ball went center cut, hit the pin, dropped and bounced off the foam.  

Odd.  We have had no wind for over a week.  Temps in 30's and 40's, but this weekend it got up yo low 50's.

I think I'm about to take 2 weeks off, then quit this stoopid game.  Two rounds this weekend were 89 and 87.  For some reason I can't make solid contact and my short game is hit and miss... literally.

Yesterday, I had the same thing happen with the flag/foam on #3, but I had a long bunker shot to a back pin that was on a lower shelf of the green; perfect sand shot landed middle of green, rolled down the slope, hit the stick... in and out of the cup.  Would have been a birdie!  It was all downhill after that.  Couldn't make a putt; managed a no-putt par on #6 and a no-putt birdie on #14, which was good because I can't putt!!  Made 4 doubles!?!

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I walked outside at 12:30pm, while I was watching the final round of the Farmer's at Torrey Pines, when the 73°F weather and beautiful scenes at Torrey encouraged me to make a twilight tee time Sunday. 

My tee time was at 3:20pm, so my hope was to get in at least 9 holes - mission accomplished. Also, I usually always play with buddies, so going solo, with the hopes of being paired up with a good group actually turned out very well. 

I played San Dimas Canyon GC from the white tees because that's where my playing partners wanted to play. I believe I shot my best 9 hole score at that course of +4, so I had a good day!

1. 5/2 (shots/putts), +1. Drove just right with a clear 70yd shot into the green that went long, nice flop on a different slope to 4 feet, but still 2 putted
  2. 3/1, Par. 9i flared to the fringe a little long to the front pin, putter to 3 feet from off the green and 1 putt for par
  3. 6/2, +1. Perfect 5w with a baby draw, but hit the second 5w fat, then my approach fat to the fringe, Texas wedge to about 12 feet and 2 putts
  4. 3/0, -1. Perfect high fade drive to the right fairway, 9i a little fat and pulled to the front right that backspun to about 6" off the green, Texas wedge from 35' for Birdie!
  5. 3/1, Par. Hit my iron a little fat leaving a 60° 30 yards out, sank the 11' putt for par
  6. 6/3, +1. Caught the 5w thin so it caught the right tree line, punched a 4h with a low slice to about 130ish, 9i to about 10 feet but over shot the first putt by about 4-5 feet which left a tickler downhill I missed for a 3 putt bogey
  7. 4/1, +1. Miss-hit my iron to the right which left a tough chip. In retrospect I chose the wrong shot of a low chip with a gap that caught the downslope and shot across the green to the opposite fringe. I should have went higher and landed on the green for more control. I Texas wedged it to about 6 feet with a tough breaking putt that I drained for bogey
  8. 4/1, Par. Excellent high fade drive I the perfect spot in the fairway but again caught my approach a little fat and ended up just off the right and short on the fringe, Texas wedge to about 5 feet and 1 putt for par
  9. 6/3, +1. Yanked my 5w to try and cut the corner which clipped a tree and kicked out into the fairway, layup 6i left a PW they I got to the back tier for a chance at a 12 foot birdie that was quicker than I saw leaving me 6 feet by and a 3 putt bogey

40/14, +4

Scored 40 at San Dimas Canyon Golf Club http://www.golfpadgps.com/round/R8B3W8QF #GolfPadGPS

• Like 3

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

6 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Odd.  We have had no wind for over a week.  Temps in 30's and 40's, but this weekend it got up yo low 50's.

It's been pretty windy here the last 3 days -- today's no exception.  Been warmer, but windy and rainy.  We have our "Super Bowl" 3 man best ball tourney Friday.  Hopfully, the rains will let up and be a bit more comfortable.

• Like 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played Desert Hills today 43/39. One of my best rounds with the driver in awhile, hitting 13 fairways and none of the misses but a few yards off the short grass.  On #17 par 3 I nearly jugged this one. Then on #18 I hit my 5w uphill into the wind and made the 6 foot putt for back to back birdies👍.

thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin

#17 looking back at the tee.  It played 147 today to the front flag.

thumbnail?appid=YMailNorrin

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

Played 7:30 this morning 58* with a stiff breeze.
Overall happy with my game, 2 birds which makes bad stuff and 1st hole bogie disappear.
Best part of morning one of the guys is back after a bout with cancer and is clear. Happy to be in his foresome today!

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, CarlH said:

It's been pretty windy here the last 3 days -- today's no exception.  Been warmer, but windy and rainy.  We have our "Super Bowl" 3 man best ball tourney Friday.  Hopfully, the rains will let up and be a bit more comfortable.

Best of luck!!  Hope it dries out.  

I played with my Monday 9-hole walking group today, and I had to strip down to short sleeve shirt and vest... I got too warm!!  It was 63º but cloudy and no wind... until #8 when I had to put my pullover back on.  It's still breezy and 45º at 8pm, but it's supposed to be 20+ winds tomorrow and mid-50's.  

Started great with 4 pars; one a lip-out birdie, but then finished with 5 bogeys.  However, I'll take a bogey on the par 5 #9 after washing my ball in the penalty area on my 3rd shot.

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Improvement is improvement I guess - 100 (ESC 94)... 😞 I have racked up WAY too many penalties the past two rounds - I gave away 11 strokes today alone. Putting was markedly improved though, requiring only 34 strokes compared to the previous 42. Considering the ball lipped out on several putts (including the last two holes for birdie), I'd definitely say the new putter will work just fine. I simply need to pay more attention to my stroke.

I also did some ball testing. I ordered the Snell MTB Test Pack and rotated between my current gamer, the MTB-Black, and the MTB-X every 3 holes. Standout performer of the day was MTB-X by a mile as I played 6 holes at even par with it - birdie, par, par, bogey, par, par. Excited to continue testing and see which ball comes out on top.

• Like 5

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

Up to 60 today and work being light on calls meant I was able to get the first round of the year in.  Oh it was so nice to be out there.  Ahhhhh.

Played pretty well, my off season practice has paid off.  At least for this one round!  Come on Spring!!!

ABA72C8B-6A91-4518-BCC2-63E3AD0BEF74.png

• Like 3

Cold (for Florida), windy and slow play led to a 95. Driver was smack on. My wedges gave up about 1/2 way through the round - lost about 6 strokes to my lob wedge. However, toward the end I figured out I had my weight on my heels so was able to correct it for the last three holes. Two par 5 doubles killed me plus the bogies on the par 3's.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

First round back since back surgery just before Thanksgiving. We only managed to get 12 holes in before dark, but I played pretty well. Six over, with five three putts. Pretty frustrated about the putting performance, but the back feels great so all is well!

• Like 5

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

12 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

First round back since back surgery just before Thanksgiving. We only managed to get 12 holes in before dark, but I played pretty well. Six over, with five three putts. Pretty frustrated about the putting performance, but the back feels great so all is well!

Nice playing!  Chipping and putting always seem to lag behind when returning from a layoff.  You'll quickly get your feel back!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Cold (for Florida), windy and slow play led to a 95. Driver was smack on. My wedges gave up about 1/2 way through the round - lost about 6 strokes to my lob wedge. However, toward the end I figured out I had my weight on my heels so was able to correct it for the last three holes. Two par 5 doubles killed me plus the bogies on the par 3's.

Blame it on the weather!  I do.  

Weather is why I'm not coming back to Florida during Jan/Feb.  Always seems to be warmer here at home when I've been to Florida.  It's 60º here in the NW albeit pretty breezy.

• Like 3

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

We just had our week of winter.[emoji33]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

We just had our week of winter.emoji33.png

You suck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

It was the warm before the storm tuesday(52 degrees) so I had to go play: storm coming in meant 12-20 mph of wind for the round. Shot my worst score in a while (82) hit 2 fairways all round and only 8 greens in regulation. Throw in 2/10 on up & down and 35 putts and there ya go.

• Like 4

24CC2B3B-0E46-4165-97D1-F1CA4C5041C8.png