MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

LOL that's the plan. The driver I was happy with. My goal is to consistently carry my driver 260. I did it a couple of times (once at 270) but was shocked at my hybrid. I mean, I never used my 3 wood at all! The sound at impact was loud and it sounded very flush. I love my Tour Edge clubs. I have to give props to this site because I never would have given them a chance. The AP2's is somewhat of a mystery. I was swinging at them pretty hard but was making sure that I finished well balanced - that was it. Hey, it wasn't perfect. I did hit a lot of fat shots too. It is a work in progress but I'm hoping I can bring all of this to the real course.

A hybrid is something else. I have not had success with them much in the past. One of the guys that was playing on our team the other day had one that he was hitting off the tee and was flat spanking. I believe it was a Cally but he was hitting it about 270 or so. Now he was a young guy and was playing from the blues and the rest of us on the team from the golds. I say I do hit a driver pretty good for my age and from the senior tees I could barely get it past him with the 50 yd difference of the tees.

Took the day off to play at Babe Zaharias GC with the Tuesday Game.....hoping to get a round in with the rain....Not only did we have to cancel the game, but the guy who runs the Tuesday Game passed away last night. Rainey has been a great friend for the past 12 years....and he will surely be missed. Not only did he keep the books for the Tuesday game, but he was one of our officers for the Pebble Creek Golf Ass'n and instrumental in putting together the formula we use to keep track of our Points each week. Rainey Milligan was 78 yrs old. This past summer he shot his age. Last week he won the Tuesday Game as well as the Saturday Game. He was a good golfer, a vet (USN) & a Professional Engineer.[/size]

I'll miss you Rainey![/size]My regrets go out to you and his family and other friends. By what you were saying though he did go out with a bang on his last competitions

Don't know what happened on that last post I tried to edit it but to no avail

Thanks Stu,  Rainey's game was def in the win column lately.  He was recording the results with me last Saturday.  When he realized that he had won, he looked like a kid in a candy store.  Please be safe, and if you are having issues with acid reflux, be sure to consult your doctor, as it may be heart issues as well.

Well, I haven't played in over a week. My wife had knee replacement surgery last week, and I haven't been out. It was supposed to be nearly 60 today, but the fog never lifted and it only got up to 43. I ran some errands, and managed to get a quick nine holes in along the way. :)

For not playing for a week, I did OK. Used the yellow Bridgestone Lady Precept ball in the fog. I only had 12 putts; 2 birds and 1 bogey. The birds were about 12-15 foot putts. Nice up and downs with the SCORs. Everyone likes a good up and down!

My annual Black Friday Game was held today at Quail Hollow GC. We had two foursomes in 50* for a $5 Nassau.....well the weather warmed slightly and my game warmed up as well. I shot a 47/41, 88 with two Birdies, a par 5 and a par 4.

All had a great time as we discussed the day's game over wings and beer at the local Wing House.

Shot my best round in months yesterday.  86 with double bogies on 3 par fives, each caused by errant hybrid/5 woods going for the green in two (meaning I had hit really good drives).  Spider Si putter was at its best today--seven one putts from over 5 ft and only one misread 3 putt.  Encouraged about the ball striking.  

Shot my best round in months yesterday.  86 with double bogies on 3 par fives, each caused by errant hybrid/5 woods going for the green in two (meaning I had hit really good drives).  Spider Si putter was at its best today--seven one putts from over 5 ft and only one misread 3 putt.  Encouraged about the ball striking.  

Glad to hear it and glad to hear your back is letting you play.  Foz sorry to hear about your friend.  Is there any chance that the two of you gents could meet myself and a friend at World Woods the day after Christmas?  We could do Pine Barrens for $49.

So I had the win of a lifetime yesterday.  I was playing with the member from my church who played in several US amatures - I mean made the field not just tried to qualify. 

I shot 36 on the front leaving me 1 behind his 35.  He went 2 up on me when I bogeyed 13.  The wind was picking up, it was getting colder and the ball was going nowhere.  We both made par on 14 but his was disappointing - he only had 190 in on the par 5, a gust of wind caused his shot to be short of the green and he took three to get down.  I shoved my drive on 15 and thought I was in the water on the corner - barely carried it and was right next to him in the fairway 149 from the pin with a left to right wind.  (he hit 3 wood off the tee)  I hit a perfect 7 iron 20 feet right of the pin - the wind grabbed his 8 and he was in the green side bunker.  It wasn't a hard shot really, plenty of green to work with, not very high lip, but and this is key - he was 4 beers into the round and I only 2.  He skulled his shot, over the green and OB, chunked his next one barely onto the green and 2 putted for a 7. 

By now the wind was howling and it was gettin dark - I had to hit 5 from 161 but was hole high 10 feet left - the wind grabed his 7 iron and knocked it down in the trap - bogey, par. 

He parred the last two holes and I went par, bogey on 18 in the dark (chunked a wedge).  75-77 - I beat him!!!!!!!  That won't happen again in the near future but it was great even if it was attributable in part to the beer.

That's very doable Rev......I can make it.

BTW, shot a 95 today.....:(....47/48

Both days had a lot of misfits with my irons..and looked up and missed an 18" putt....not sure what is going on yet but will be working on it.

It was so nice when I got up today...52* at 8:00 am. I was on the course by 9:30 am and played the back 9. I shot 39 (+4). If I could have made the 2 very makeable birdies I had on 15 and 17 It would have been better! I really need to put some serious effort into becoming a better putter. It just kills my scores.

It was absolutely beautiful here today as you can see...

Nov30GolfDay.jpg

So I went to play.  Shot even par with one birdie, one bogey.  Not bad when the temperature is 24* and there is a little ice on the greens!

Nov30GolfDayGreen.jpg

It's actually not bad when you walk and are dressed for it.  The hardest part is playing low punch shots so the ball can run up on the green. I used the 3UP ball today and it felt good in the cold weather.  Had a couple putts at birdie but with the ice on the green, I had to settle for a birdie from off the green with my 50* SCOR wedge.  It's a different way to play golf!

I so don't miss those days Kenny.  Did you have any shots hit the green and bounce off because of the ice?  The freeze would be so deep in Wisconsin that this always seemed to happen - we'd pretend we were playing in the Open.

I so don't miss those days Kenny.  Did you have any shots hit the green and bounce off because of the ice?  The freeze would be so deep in Wisconsin that this always seemed to happen - we'd pretend we were playing in the Open.

I had one shot bounce off the back of the green about 3 feet; up and down for par. On 2 greens that face south and were in the sun most of the day, I landed 2 shots on the green that stayed. One with my 58 and one with my 50; missed both birdie putts and I blame the ice. My chip-in came with my 50 from about 10 feet off the green; pin was back and I was back right, had to land it in the fringe behind the green and it broke about 3 feet to the hole. All luck!

With each year I am getting closer and closer to wanting to be a snowbird!

• Like 1

We have a house for sale on our street - it's a nice small one ideal for folks from Washington.

Thanks rev. I've spent enough time in Florida to know that I would rather live in the desert! Too muggy and buggy; nice place to visit though.

My wife and I want to visit the World Golf HoF, and since we usually take a golf trip in Jan-Feb timeframe, that might be our destination next year. No trip this year because she will just be getting back to golf after knee replacement.

Temp has to be 33 here before they open the course. They are starting to cover the greens at night to keep the frost off, so as long as the temp is good then we usually don't have issues.

Most courses here are open if the temperature is going to stay below freezing. It's when it's below freezing, people walk and drive on it, then it warms to above freezing that the grass dies and it looks pretty ugly. My practice course doesn't care. Members go out before the course is open and when it warms up, there are brown tire tracks and footprints. Pro doesn't care; it eventually grows back, just looks ugly. But this is only my practice course, so I don't care.

Too bad my Mom isn't still around Kenny, I used to make frequent Scottsdale runs. :(  Miss mom - HoF is about 3 and a half hours for me and I would gladly come up to play if you come - don't know what will happen with my Navy son but he's currently stationed not far from there.  We also have another MGS member right near there.

Too bad my Mom isn't still around Kenny, I used to make frequent Scottsdale runs. :(  Miss mom - HoF is about 3 and a half hours for me and I would gladly come up to play if you come - don't know what will happen with my Navy son but he's currently stationed not far from there.  We also have another MGS member right near there.

I have a timeshare condo in Daytona Beach and another in Orlando. I need to make reservations starting this Jan to get the unit I want for next Jan. So will have to pick dates in about a month. Probably late Jan or early Feb. I could split time in each, so would be closer in Orlando.

Man, my game is in a real funk right now.   I played a bunch over the Tday holiday weekend and it was all bad.  I think I made only 1 birdie and 1 eagle Total over about five rounds.  Two sided miss with the driver and usually short, I can't find my swing.   Fwoods good, longer irons lousy, Scors only okay, putts - nothing dropping.   That's a recipe for 80's golf for me.  I think I need a break and will probably have one forced upon me by weather soon.