Our Sponsors

14 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Had an interesting round. Shot 103. Usually that means an all around terrible round. However, off the tee I was fine, no OB balls. Approach shots were ok, nothing really bad there. So where did all those extra shots come from. The first answer is bunkers. First bunker I was in, took two shots to get out, next bunker took three shots, last bunker, couldn't get out, just picked up the ball and took the max score on the hole. Thats more than 8 shots to get out of three bunkers. I have always been a bad bunker player, buts its getting worse and getting in my head. Also, when I finally get out of the bunker, its usually out by like a foot or two out of the bunker, so its nowhere near the hole. Second place I lost shots is short putts. Lag putting was ok, but I miss so many putts that are in the 5 foot range. I know even for pros, 5 footers are not automatic. But I probably made only like 10% of my 5 footers.

Do what I do and cheat...get yourself a Cleveland Smart Sole S. That thing is money from a bunker.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

... Well I have had 4 months of mediocre, out right bad and some occasionally pretty decent golf but only 3 total at par or under out of about 100 rounds. That said, I think I am finally figuring out

Today was a good day.  First hole in one ever.  50° Cobra King wedge from 120 yards.  Hit just past the hole and spun back in. Shot 73 to tie my lowest round ever. Won my match 8 and 6

Posted Images

4 hours ago, MattF said:

Do what I do and cheat...get yourself a Cleveland Smart Sole S. That thing is money from a bunker.

Yeah, i actually already ordered one of those after yesterday's round lol.

Long term, I am going to learn to hit a bunker shot with a normal wedge. Short term, I need something that will just get me out of the bunker.

• Like 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

20 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Had an interesting round. Shot 103. Usually that means an all around terrible round. However, off the tee I was fine, no OB balls. Approach shots were ok, nothing really bad there. So where did all those extra shots come from. The first answer is bunkers. First bunker I was in, took two shots to get out, next bunker took three shots, last bunker, couldn't get out, just picked up the ball and took the max score on the hole. Thats more than 8 shots to get out of three bunkers. I have always been a bad bunker player, buts its getting worse and getting in my head. Also, when I finally get out of the bunker, its usually out by like a foot or two out of the bunker, so its nowhere near the hole. Second place I lost shots is short putts. Lag putting was ok, but I miss so many putts that are in the 5 foot range. I know even for pros, 5 footers are not automatic. But I probably made only like 10% of my 5 footers.

hang in there man. Monte's use the bounce have really helped me. our bunkers suck in the winter time though with how wet they are. Did you take your super hybrid out for a spin and what did you think?

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

3 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

hang in there man. Monte's use the bounce have really helped me. our bunkers suck in the winter time though with how wet they are. Did you take your super hybrid out for a spin and what did you think?

Having trouble hitting any hybrid off the deck, but hit a decent shot off the tee with the super hybrid

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 12/27/2020
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Nippon Modus 120 S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - KBS Hi-Rev S
Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER2

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Having trouble hitting any hybrid off the deck, but hit a decent shot off the tee with the super hybrid

ya the of the deck is a challenge for me, but better than a 3w by far. the tee it is like a missile. I am tempted to try a more mid kick point shaft to see if that helps with launch off the deck.

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Yeah, i actually already ordered one of those after yesterday's round lol.

Long term, I am going to learn to hit a bunker shot with a normal wedge. Short term, I need something that will just get me out of the bunker.

I saw that in the other thread after I posted in this one.

I'm sticking with mine for the long term...for now.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Tied my lowest round ever! 74 (36/38), 31 putts, at Beaver Creek in Zachary, LA. Three-putted 18 to miss my best round! Ugh!!!! Wind was adding 15-20 yards in the face, but I still hit everything solid. Best round of chipping I had in a long time! 

(SG below is vs a 0 hcp)

049657EE-FC2B-4011-BF26-E20E43914D3E.jpeg

Nice round! Congrats on tying your personal best. How'd the driver do out on the course?

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Nice round! Congrats on tying your personal best. How'd the driver do out on the course?

Thanks!!! 
Very well! So straight! Loved it today!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

First round in 2.5 weeks; haven't touched a club during that time.  Our course opened today after our 1.5 weeks of snow and cold weather.  No snow on the course but there was lots of casual water.

Here's my approach to the par 5#18 with casual water on the fairway.  I wasn't in that one; I was in another one.

IMG_1357.jpeg.8c7e25162526cc9e4d2b1d4a9f8add1c.jpeg

The temp was 46º with wind still blowing 20-30 mph.  I started off well even though I didn't hit the best of shots on any of the first 4 holes... even par.  Then on #5 the wheels came off.  I ended up shooting +8 on each nine for a smooth 88.  The best thing I can say about the round was my short game still works; I have two no-putt pars.  The worst thing I can say is that I "hit for the cycle"... along with my pars, I had bogey, double, triple, and quad.  What a day!!!

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Got to sneak out for 9 today at lunch thanks to a long lunch a some appointment cancellations. Played pretty well, probably shot 5 over but I didn’t keep score. Had 2 birdies and nothing worse than bogey. Took full advantage of the lift clean in place rule, so had a lot of good lies on my approach shots. Probably hit my 3 wood as good as I’ve even hit it today!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 4-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

I was the only walker today but managed to play with another senior club member. Shot 39/45:84 with one Birdie. My Evnroll was on a roll.......8 up and downs today! Weather was beautiful mid 60’s to mid 70’s.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 9

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

2 hours ago, twyatt700 said:

Got to sneak out for 9 today at lunch thanks to a long lunch a some appointment cancellations. Played pretty well, probably shot 5 over but I didn’t keep score. Had 2 birdies and nothing worse than bogey. Took full advantage of the lift clean in place rule, so had a lot of good lies on my approach shots. Probably hit my 3 wood as good as I’ve even hit it today!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Oh and on the 9th I was able to reach in two on a 495 yard par five, that was with the dead plug off the tee! Conditions were soft out there!

• Like 5

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10* Driver

:cobra-small: F9 14.5* 3W

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 4-PW

:cobra-small: MIM 50*, 55*, 60*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

19 hours ago, Kenny B said:

First round in 2.5 weeks; haven't touched a club during that time.  Our course opened today after our 1.5 weeks of snow and cold weather.  No snow on the course but there was lots of casual water.

Here's my approach to the par 5#18 with casual water on the fairway.  I wasn't in that one; I was in another one.

IMG_1357.jpeg.8c7e25162526cc9e4d2b1d4a9f8add1c.jpeg

The temp was 46º with wind still blowing 20-30 mph.  I started off well even though I didn't hit the best of shots on any of the first 4 holes... even par.  Then on #5 the wheels came off.  I ended up shooting +8 on each nine for a smooth 88.  The best thing I can say about the round was my short game still works; I have two no-putt pars.  The worst thing I can say is that I "hit for the cycle"... along with my pars, I had bogey, double, triple, and quad.  What a day!!!

So a solid 2 club up day? Really out of the ordinary to be that windy in your neck of the woods... NOT 🤣.  Many say that if the wind ever stops blowing in the Tri-Cities area, be afraid, very afraid. When we lived in the Tacoma area, I often made the drive over Snoqualmie Pass to fish Central Basin.  The winds almost invariably started at Cle Elum and never stopped until you got back over the pass.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

As expected post lesson and swing change, my ball striking suffered a bit today.  But, I focused on making the changes rather than reverting to the more comfortable "old" swing.  After draining several long putts, my opponents offered to pay for a putting lesson so that I'd screw those up, too. 😄 😄 

Anyway, shot an 84 today -- while not particularly pleased with that number, I pretty much expected higher scores post the lesson.  I just need to get to the range and work on the changes until they feel more natural.

• Like 7

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

So a solid 2 club up day? Really out of the ordinary to be that windy in your neck of the woods... NOT 🤣.  Many say that if the wind ever stops blowing in the Tri-Cities area, be afraid, very afraid. When we lived in the Tacoma area, I often made the drive over Snoqualmie Pass to fish Central Basin.  The winds almost invariably started at Cle Elum and never stopped until you got back over the pass.

My BIL who lives in Seattle says "If you don'y play in the rain, you don't play much."  Here in the Tri-Cities, if you don't play in the wind, you don't play much.  I just think of it as being in a dry Scotland.  😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I just think of it as being in a dry Scotland.  😂

Well, I fished over there LOTS but only golfed once at the small 9 hole course at Dry Falls State Park as we were camped there.  A few of the guys I fished with were also golfers and thought chasing balls around that track would be fun - actually it was.  We fished until the dog-day part of the afternoon, went back for lunch, played golf, and then went back out after early dinner and fished until dark. Man, those were the days.  Burning our candles at both ends at work all week and trying to cram as much fun as you could into a short weekend.  Monday's felt like they would never end 🤪.

• Like 5

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My BIL who lives in Seattle says "If you don'y play in the rain, you don't play much."  Here in the Tri-Cities, if you don't play in the wind, you don't play much.  I just think of it as being in a dry Scotland.  😂

Reminds me of when I moved to Fargo, ND.   When I first met some fellow golfers and they found out that I'd just moved to Fargo, they'd ask "Do you like to play in the wind?  If not, you won't be playing very often."

• Like 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

... Playing with my normal partner from Chicago. He is much longer than I am and usually out drives me by 10-20yds playing the tips while I play the mens. But we are evenly matched or close as I usually beat him by a stroke or two. Heading into #16 a difficult par 3 playing 198 for him and 181 for me we were tied at 1 over. #16 is a little uphill and into a gentle breeze and he hit it 4 feet below the hole. I hit 1" behind the ball and dribbled my tee shot about 90 yds. I got the wrong yardage somehow thinking it was 68 and it was 98 so I barely hit my 58* to the front edge. Next I have a 90ft uphill breaking putt and run it 12 feet past the hole. CJ is still waiting to hit his birdie putt and said "this could be a a 3 shot swing" so I rolled in my putt for the ugliest 4 in par 3 history. He missed his birdie and it was a one shot swing. He took an 8 on the next par 4 while I made par and I said "Sorry I forgot to answer you but you were right, it was a 3 shot swing" To his credit he laughed and said "I hate you". 🤣

... To add insult to injury he hit a 336yd drive on 18 leaving him an 8 iron in while I had 198 and hit a 4 iron to 10 feet and made the birdie while he spun his 8 iron back off the green and into the bunker finishing with a bogie while I resisted the urge to say "sorry, 5 shot swing". The golf gods can be very punitive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)