• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

My round was a dumpster fire. One of those rounds where you start having different swings thoughts on every swing. Plus it was just muddy and yucky out.

I'm laughing with you not at you.  Using the sad emoji would discount your opting to play in the slop.

• Like 9

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

34 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

We had a break in the weather today. 74 degrees and sunny. Golf course was going to open at 11:00. I didnt warm up due to some larger groups looking like they were going to head over to the first tee. Just went for it.  Missed the first fairway by about 2 yards but still in OK position. 6 out of 7 faiways today. Aimed for all the bunkers to try out my new sand wedge. The Sub-70 JB wedge worked out very well even in the wet bunkers. Couple of sand saves. Unfortunately the black finish is already showing marks. Played well considering not playing for two months. Quit after 9 holes due to the high winds picking up just after I got off of hole 9. A lift clean and place round due to all the soft soil and mud. Greens were slow.

Three bogies, five pars, and one birdie for a 38.

I played behind a Skins group yesterday that had a guy playing to a 1.3 index.  I know that having overheard them talking on the putting green.  Since play was slow, I was able to see a good many of his shots.  He didn't seem overly long but accuracy was crazy good.  It must be boring be you guys 🙂.

• Like 9

I wasn't sure about playing this weekend after getting my 2nd C-19 shot on Thursday.  After hitting some balls at the range on Friday, I decided to give it a go even though I ached all over.  My wife wanted to play so I sucked it up...  and on Saturday I certainly sucked!!  Shot 88 with a couple of doubles, a triple and a quad.  Just nothing worked.

Today was a little warmer but breezy.  I felt a little better.  Managed an 81... 42/39 with a birdie on #10.  The #10 hole is one of two holes that I failed to birdie in 2020, but this birdie was my second on this hole this year and it's not even March!!  Go figure.

I also had two birdie putts lip out.  Overall my putting was much better today than Saturday, however I am still hitting lousy drives and approaches.  Today I only hit 7/13 fairways and they didn't go my usual distance.  Only 3 GIR, but that was better than one green yesterday!!  I need to spend a LOT of time on the range this week.

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm laughing with you not at you.  Using the sad emoji would discount your opting to play in the slop.

I am not even sure why it was sloppy today. It hasn't really been raining excessively or anything. Made a mistake and stood in a some sinking mud on a tee box and actually swung and miss. Also fell down once (not swinging, just walking) on a hill. 

• Like 9

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

Yup, I'm with you. 99% play it safe unless I'm in a scramble and someone is in a decent position. Then I'll try something out of my norm.

• Like 6

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

26 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

That's funny. My boss and one of my friends call me a boring golfer. I hope to remain boring!

LOL.  I'd like to experience boring golf before its over.  On one of the par 3's the guy I'm referring to placed his tee shot about 5 feet pin high.  Another in the group say's "nice shot... presuming you're into that kind of thing".

• Like 5

Some day I’ll be boring golfing....I still haven’t learned 😂 going to keep bombing as long as I can. Some day I won’t be able to

• Like 5

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

11 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Yup, I'm with you. 99% play it safe unless I'm in a scramble and someone is in a decent position. Then I'll try something out of my norm.

That may be part of my handicap... my soft spot for the "I can pull this off" 🙂.  I understand statistics pretty well, just not so much while on a golf course.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

That may be part of my handicap... my soft spot for the "I can pull this off" 🙂.  I understand statistics pretty well, just not so much while on a golf course.

I can feel you on that one. My course strategy while sitting around the house is pretty good, but get me on the course, that's another story. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

... A turing point for me was A Sorenstam in her prime said if she is not positive she can hit the shot 80% of the time she will not attempt it. Announcer asked her what if it is a 75% chance and she responded "then I don't try it." I thought if the best female player on the planet won't try a 50-50 shot why in the world am I attempting to pull it off? 

• Like 8

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made RBZ Tour 21.5* ... Altus 85S
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Played 9 holes today on the par 3 course (3 holes, 3 times each).  Played white, then blue, then red tees.  Birdied the 2nd hole twice in a row (2 and 5).  Hit an 8i first to about 4', then a 6i the 2nd time to about 3'.  Just missed a birdie the 3rd time after a 9i to 6'.

• Like 5

:taylormade-small:M5 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g, 6.5 @ 45"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ HZRDUS Green 70g, 6.5 @ 42.75"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 5wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 42.25"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash 7wd & 9wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 41.75" & 41"

:srixon-small:Z585 6-7, Z785 8-GW w/ TT AMT White S300@ 37.75" (6i)

:cleveland-small:RTX4 54/10 & 58/3 w/ DGold S400 @ 36"

:odyssey-small:SL EXO Marxman w/ Superstroke Flatso 3.0 @ 33"

On Deck:

:cleveland-small:RTX4 58/9 w/ Nippon Tour 125 Stiff @ 35.75"

2 hours ago, chisag said:

... A turing point for me was A Sorenstam in her prime said if she is not positive she can hit the shot 80% of the time she will not attempt it. Announcer asked her what if it is a 75% chance and she responded "then I don't try it." I thought if the best female player on the planet won't try a 50-50 shot why in the world am I attempting to pull it off? 

Yes, but she's playing for her livelihood, whereas I'm playing for fun. Sure, I want a low score and could play the odds to my favor 80% of the time, but the optimist in me just takes over at times. 🙂  

• Like 7

19 hours ago, mr.hicksta said:

Finally broke 80 at Sea ‘N Air Golf Club, which is one of my regular tracks. Played with a couple guys from work so we played from the whites, but it’s only a 300 yard difference from the blues. Had a PBFU hole that was followed by a streak of bogeys so as usual, it could’ve been better! 

9202C020-0B25-422A-9B9F-D797874D2194.jpeg

Conratulations!

• Like 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

March 1st 

First day of 2021 to post scores for handicap purposes in my area.  The way I've been playing, I see my index going waaaay up.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

5 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

March 1st 

First day of 2021 to post scores for handicap purposes in my area.  The way I've been playing, I see my index going waaaay up.

First day for us today in OR i think too. Time for me to tell my wife that i need to play 18 hole rounds for handicap purposes. The way it handles 9 hole rounds can skew things.

• Like 7

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

11 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

March 1st 

Im going to blame my handicap going up on the course being sloppy lol

• Like 7

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

10 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Im going to blame my handicap going up on the course being sloppy lol

... We all have our excuses. 🤪  If I start posting scores my index will jump about 3-4 strokes. These muni Bermuda greens are just brutal. I love the course but the greens are hard to read to begin with and they wander on short putts or when the ball slows down around the hole because using a very technical term, the grass is splotchy. I have never missed so many 2-4 footers that start on line then move one way or the other several times on it's journey like putting on a Chinese Checkerboard. After holing out we sometimes hit multiple putts from the same spot and they never do the same thing twice. The only time you can be aggressive is on uphill into the grain putts. With Phoenix courses costing $150-250 playing this beautiful muni lay out for $22 is too good a deal to pass up, even with splotchy greens. 

... If the greens are repaired, I will have to find another excuse because the weather is ideal. 🤣

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made RBZ Tour 21.5* ... Altus 85S
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)