How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

31 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm going to make the case that I don't want to schlep my SZ from Ohio to Florida and back again. On the other hand that may backfire on me since my wife might say she needs a separate set of clubs to keep down here as well. 

It's hard for me to make the case for new irons when mine are not quite 4 years old and my wife's TaylorMade Burner irons are 2007 model.  My only argument is that hers are Ti face and mine are forged.  

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Wait, we are concerned about wives wanting new clubs if we want to buy new clubs? Not quite sure how this is a problem. Just buy the wife new clubs then you are free to buy whatever you want. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 2

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

Secretly, I'm convincing myself they won't work in my C300s - that way I can justify 921's with recoils 🤪

Makes perfect sense to me[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot a 42 playing nine today- missed a couple birdies short, but they had just punched the greens so my normally really firm and fast course was playing so SLOW. Good first round to post to the GHIN!
IMG_3793.JPG

• Like 9

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 699U Pro 3 iron 

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-PW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 48* 54* 58*

Putter:

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

or

:Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade Putter

or

Tommy Armour No. 3 Impact Arm Lock 38"

Ball: :titelist-small: . Pro V1 

Currently testing: Sub 70 848 Pro Driver 

I snuck out for 9 this afternoon before the conference call that is going on now.  5 bogeys and 4 pars for the official opening 9 holes of the year.  A couple 3 putts on some real bumpy greens but it was some real nice 68* weather going on today!!  

• Like 9

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 15*, 18* & 23* Hybrids; Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Ugh morning with Bacon Boyz. 6 over just bad ball striking throughout the bag.
One bright spot, at least comical. One of the Boyz who does not have a handicap tag but is very lazy drives his cart all over the place and more than not way too close to the green. A Ranger spotted our Boy in a restricted area and read him the Riot Act.
It was a beautiful thing.
A few of us have “talked” to this guy but he blows us off. Possible loss of his golf privileges for a couple weeks will put a bit of fear in you.

• Like 9

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Well the first course in my area finally opened up today after delaying nd extra week and had to sneak out and get a few holes in. My wife decided it would be good to walk with me so it was a nice relaxing round. Played 2-3 balls bouncing all over the course as my wife leisurely walked down the fairway.

Unfortunately no birdies to add to the BEH thread but had a few great drives and some nice approaches so I'm looking forward to some progress for this year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
3W:  Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 2
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50º: Maltby TSW

56º:  Cleveland RTX-2 
60º: Maltby Tour Grind MG
Putter:  Odyssey White Hot RX 2-ball

Ball: Snell MTB X
Other: Arccos (first year lets see how it goes)
Handicap: 5.9  -  Best Score: 73 (1 over) Bryan Park - Players Course, Greensboro NC -2020

2020 MGS Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Another solid round. 6 over despite the solid rain from the 8th hole. No aspect of my game was outstanding, but everything was pretty solid. 

• Like 9

:ping-small:  G400 SFT Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I got out today for my first 18 hole round of the year with my buddy Ryan. First hole is 340 yards to the green and he nearly drove it. He's not the most consistent, but when he gets a hold of one, it's a thing of beauty. I can only stand back and say "wow".

I started off the front well, hitting the fairway, had a 7 iron in which I pushed, chipped you and two putted for bogey. The second hole is a par 3 playing 146 to the pin and I absolutely striped a 6 iron dead at the flag. I thought there might be a chance of it going in, but it wasn't meant to be. The ball ended up 2 feet past the hole and I promptly missed the birdie putt. 

20210313_102211-01.jpeg.cc0028e09eb0e74d8ca68db3ee1f28e5.jpeg

As you can see, the greens are being aerated and I felt like I had traveled to the Sahaerated Desert. 

I was +1 after two holes, then the wheels came off. On 3 I pull hooked a drive into higher grass and I promptly made the bad decision to try hitting a 3 wood because I thought the lie wasn't that bad. It might have traveled 5 feet. Took another whack, this time getting 50% more distance than the previous attempt. I took a 9 on that hole and things didn't get better. My driver had abandoned me along with my fairway woods, but I was encouraged with how I was hitting my irons. I ended the front with a 55.

After the turn, we arrive at my least favorite hole...the 10th. It's a dogleg left par 4 with a line of trees down the left hand side that my golf balls are attracted to. There's also sharks with laser beams in the pond to the right. Thank you to the podcast "Chasing Scratch" for that reference. I hit driver center of the fairway, blocked a 7 iron, then nearly chipped in for the bird. Unfortunately, the ball ricocheted off the flag and I two putted from 12 feet for the bogey. 

I played much better on the back, shooting 48 and hitting 5/7 fairways. I don't have any other stats, as Arccos didn't pick up a shot. I ended off the round on a positive note, nearly holing a birdie chip on the 18th, but leaving a tap in par.

Could have been a better round, but getting out and playing with my friend made it the most fun I've had on the course in a long time. That's what it's all about. 

Get those greens ready! Always nice to see the aeration.

sounds like a good day with a friend. Can’t beat 18 on a Saturday!

• Like 5

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Get those greens ready! Always nice to see the aeration.

sounds like a good day with a friend. Can’t beat 18 on a Saturday!

Even playing through that, it was fun! It's just great to be able to get out, enjoy some fresh air, and chase a ball around with a friend. 

• Like 7