23 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

I’m really down in the dumps right now boys.

I posted in here a little while ago about my back going out on me, and how I was looking forward to finally getting back out again on Saturday. After a couple of weeks off, the back felt a lot better last Thursday and Friday but on Saturday morning it was a little stiff, and I had a feeling there might be a problem.

i was dying to play though, and hoped it would loosen up once we started. No such luck. It got worse as the day went on, and if it wasn’t a team game I’d have stopped well before we finished. That night I was back to square one, and the last two days have been more of the same, even though I’m back on the damned muscle relaxants again.

My daughter is getting married in 6 weeks, and I don’t want to walk her down the aisle hunched over like Quasimodo, so I’m thinking that might be it for me until after the wedding. It looks like I’m going to have to get my golf fix meeting up with the guys after they’re done playing to shoot the breeze, and coming here to cheer you fellas on.

Hopefully after all that time off I’ll be good to go, and finally get this season started. Play well men!!!

Sorry to hear that.  The wedding is more important than golf, so take it easy!

Actually, my wedding wasn't any more important than golf.  We rented the golf course for the day; said our vows on the first tee; turned around and teed off; had carts, food and drinks for everyone!!!  Played until we dropped!

• Like 5
  • Love 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

You know you're hardcore when you wear your golf spikes to the wedding! 😄 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I’m really down in the dumps right now boys.
I posted in here a little while ago about my back going out on me, and how I was looking forward to finally getting back out again on Saturday. After a couple of weeks off, the back felt a lot better last Thursday and Friday but on Saturday morning it was a little stiff, and I had a feeling there might be a problem.
i was dying to play though, and hoped it would loosen up once we started. No such luck. It got worse as the day went on, and if it wasn’t a team game I’d have stopped well before we finished. That night I was back to square one, and the last two days have been more of the same, even though I’m back on the damned muscle relaxants again.
My daughter is getting married in 6 weeks, and I don’t want to walk her down the aisle hunched over like Quasimodo, so I’m thinking that might be it for me until after the wedding. It looks like I’m going to have to get my golf fix meeting up with the guys after they’re done playing to shoot the breeze, and coming here to cheer you fellas on.
Hopefully after all that time off I’ll be good to go, and finally get this season started. Play well men!!!

Take care of the back; golf can wait. I know it is hard, I am in the midst of a doctor Imposed golf timeout and just when I was making good progress on my swing. Getting my fix by practicing my putting and will probably schedule a time with my coach to talk about strategy.
  • Like 8

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Not as well I would have liked yesterday, but considering I had zero warm-up and had been traveling all weekend I'll take what I can get - 49/46 for a 95 at Hawks Creek with 34 putts.

My game was very up and down - especially on the front nine - but I managed four pars and one birdie. I had three 3-putts on the back nine that were basically just unforced errors. I think I finally got the new putter figured out and just need to give certain putts a bit more attention.

There were so many highlights from the round yesterday:

1. My wife came with me and rode in the cart.
  2. My playing partner Steve was absolutely amazing. Super nice guy with a solid game who retired from the Air Force after 30 years of service which was just perfect for the course as it sits right next to a Naval Air Base that frequently sends planes up for drills and testing. Yesterday we had the privilege of watching an F35, a small handful of F16s and a C-130!!!
  3. Golf related - Birdie on the Par 5 12th playing into the wind that I somehow managed to navigate almost perfectly, and a near hole-out for birdie on the Par 3 17th after missing right of the green.

Check my new golf IG @birdienerdgolf for some pics and a video of my shot on 17:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMex7t5l8tQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 9

Driver: Mizuno ST190 9.5* Aldila RIP Alpha 60 S
Fairway Wood: Mizuno ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 19* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: Bridgestone J40 CB (4-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 50*, 54*, & 58* Nippon Modus 3 105
Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT Premier 4 34"
Ball: Snell MTB-X
Bag: 2017 Titleist Players 5 Stand Bag

An uneventful or inspiring morning. Beautiful weather @ 7:30 but course in terrible shape, greens terrible.
Not sure what I shot probably 6 over for 9 holes.
Switching irons tomorrow, got the Mizzies packed and loaded. Gotta be better.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Played 9 this morning after switching irons, hybrid, driver & putter!!
All my clubs must have known I was upset and behaved and not be banished to the dark corner of the garage..... 3 over with 2 birds. Only a couple bad shots.
Actually all 4 players had good a morning, 6 birds total.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Got the first round in on Monday with [mention=76176]00sportsman[/mention]. Warmed up on the range and was striping the ball. On the course however was a completely different person playing. I wasn't expecting much but it was worse than I thought. No A game or B, C or D for that matter, I think it was my S game.

We'll see what happens tomorrow and Friday.

I had my S games last week [emoji106]

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

While Matt was playing his S game, I was playing like a Tour Pro...

More specifically, I hit my 3 wood off the tee like Bryson at #4 last weekend, I played out of the sand like Hovland at #9 during the WGC and putted like Sergio from inside 8 feet during the second round of The Player’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t wait to see y’all tomorrow.......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.
  • Like 7

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Cobra Speedzone Extreme (11.5*) w/ Mitsubishi Tense av Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” EVNROLL E6R Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Same here - been looking forward to meeting you guys for quite a while. Hopefully I do better than an S game tomorrow.

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

A sloppy 82 today.  Doubled #7 (2nd shot found the pond again), #8 (sailed green side bunker shot long over the green), #10 (3 putted).  

• Like 9

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*), 5W (21*), 7W (24*), Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 3/16/2021 at 6:45 AM, TR1PTIK said:

Not as well I would have liked yesterday, but considering I had zero warm-up and had been traveling all weekend I'll take what I can get - 49/46 for a 95 at Hawks Creek with 34 putts.

My game was very up and down - especially on the front nine - but I managed four pars and one birdie. I had three 3-putts on the back nine that were basically just unforced errors. I think I finally got the new putter figured out and just need to give certain putts a bit more attention.

There were so many highlights from the round yesterday:

1. My wife came with me and rode in the cart.
  2. My playing partner Steve was absolutely amazing. Super nice guy with a solid game who retired from the Air Force after 30 years of service which was just perfect for the course as it sits right next to a Naval Air Base that frequently sends planes up for drills and testing. Yesterday we had the privilege of watching an F35, a small handful of F16s and a C-130!!!
  3. Golf related - Birdie on the Par 5 12th playing into the wind that I somehow managed to navigate almost perfectly, and a near hole-out for birdie on the Par 3 17th after missing right of the green.

Check my new golf IG @birdienerdgolf for some pics and a video of my shot on 17:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMex7t5l8tQ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Nice looking course!!  Great chip!  You were robbed!!!!!

• Like 4

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

9 hours ago, fozcycle said:

What time does the live feed start??   

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Shot a very painful 92. This course (Gold Canyon, Dinosaur Mountain) is a beast though and greens were rolling at about a 14, pins were in really tough spots, and NOTHING holds on these greens.

But a pre Birthday round with my pops will never be turned down!

0227211020.jpeg49270.jpeg0227211118.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

• Like 8
  • Love 1

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li x5ct X++  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) / GP Microsuede

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW 50/6 + 56/12 Wedge 
:cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #4 / Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star

On 3/16/2021 at 4:31 PM, cksurfdude said:

Got the season opener in last weekend.. temps just into the 50s but winds in the 20s to 30s! But it was really, really (really!) great to be out on an actual course again!! Yeah, had to wear extra layers and winter gloves but I guess I've gotten kinda used to those with practicing in the unfinished garage over the winter. 

So... if this round was any indication ... this is going to be pretty good golfing season for me! The series of lessons I've been doing are definitely paying off as the full swing is much, much better - making solid contact more often and watching the ball go in the general intended direction more often.

Short game was decent, but .. of course .. needs some more work (always) and some sharpening up. Putting, though, was the laggard of the day.... Not only were my stroke and speed just a leeeeetle bit off but I was also having trouble figuring out the right amount of wind break! Sometimes too much, sometimes an extra gust would come along and bye bye ball. Seemed like the hole locations had not been moved in a while, either, as little "volcano" mounds had formed around them and did a really good job at playing defense against all putts that were not the exact right line + speed. Oh well .. it is what it is in this game... 😉 

In the 50's and winter gloves??  Really?  I don't wear gloves... even in the 30's.  Keep my hands warm between shots and I'm good to go.

Glad the lessons are working out.  We still have to get together for a round... and a round or two afterwards sometime.

We call those volcano holes... "Ray" holes after a bull rider that worked at our previous course.  He changed the holes, but didn't use the steel plate after he cut the new hole to eliminate the "volcano".

• Like 5