TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Struggled with the putter again, 4---3 putts, a missed 3 footer for birdie, shot 83, I had 2 bad tee shots, one was a double and I managed bogey from the abyss on 14, tee shot in the woods, had a swing, hit fade out of the woods, back into the woods about 100 yards up, take unplayable, I've got 125 in, knock shot 4 to 10 feet and actually made a putt, it was straight down the hill, and there was no way to come up short. Again I played better than the score, I've got to figure out this putting thing, some holes I think I've got it, and others I couldn't hit a basketball hoop from 10 feet, really struggling.

I completely understand about the putting thing. I'm having the same problem... have been for the last 6 weeks. It's frustrating, because you know the score would be so much better if you could just get the ball in the hole on short putts! 

78 yesterday with a triple on a par 5 lol. 39 front and back in some nice chilly weather (7 Celsius or 44 Fahrenheit) with 3 birdies, 1 double, 1 triple and 4 bogeys. The voice caddie is superb and I've been leaning hard on the MG Tour C4 ball since I'm down to 1 Snell left. For $20 a dozen, I can't see why I wouldn't continue using this ball. It doesn't have that Snell ball feel but performance wise it's close enough to possibly be my main ball from now on. 

DRIVER:   :taylormade-small: Stealth 2, 9* Upright setting, Mitsubishi Kai' Li red, 60g Stiff flex, New grip coming

Woods:   image.png.b032bfa6bceb3d86677e537bac666ed6.png Sim Max 3 Wood, 15*, Fujikura Ventus 6 Blue 65g, Stiff flex, New grip coming

HYBRIDS:   :mizuno-small:    JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, New grip coming                                  

IRONS:      image.png.e097bd129e11b5c3535389554504a9e8.png    MP-20 HMB 4 iron, Project X LZ 6.5 shaft, Stiff+, Ping Midsize grip

JPX 919 Tour 5i-pw, Project X LZ 6.5 shafts, Stiff+,  Ping Midsize grips

WEDGES:    New Level Golf   50*, 55*, 60* M-Type Wedges with True Temper Elevate Tour X-Stiff flex,                                               New Level Midsize grips

PUTTER:    :ping-small:   Heppler Ketsch 35", Ping PP62 Pistol Grip

BALL:           :titleist-small:     Pro V1 (2021 + 2023 Versions)                                                                              

BAG:       image.png.21a67eec796936e08fafc83a822b0d7f.png  TM19 Select Plus Cart Bag 

Shoes:  Under Armour     HOVR Fade 2 SL Spikeless  Shoes

Tech: :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope golf laser Rangefinder

Frogger Golf Towels, 4 more Yard blue/ yellow golf tees

I screwed the pooch yesterday.....shot a 54/46....100! Had only 6/14 fairways and 2 GIRs....with 35 putts.

It just wasn't my day......But, I did finish okay with a par on both #17 & #18......Overall, I know I can play the course....I just need to focus better....There is always next year!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

All I can say about my game yesterday is "you know you are having a bad day when you can't even throw your clubs where you want them to go!".  And yep it was that bad.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Shot 46+42 for 88, not up to my usual game. I was really cranking the driver out there but only hit 4/14 fairways, but misses weren't bad. My irons were really off, which I blame on a 3-day layoff and the range being closed. Putting was great, 27, way below my 32 average. Got out of every bunker nicely. Strange thing, all my irons were 10 yards long, all day. Flew a Par 3 over 170 with 6i, and flew a 200 yd Par 3 with 4W. Only made 4 pars, but also only 2 doubles, unusual, so I made a bunch more bogies than normal. It was humid as Hades the front 9, and my glove hand slipped a couple times before I went to the rain glove. Got it under control on the back, but still missed too many greens. No worries, about what you'd expect after 3 days off.

I took the day off work and played 18 holes. It was 43* and calm. I decided I was going to see how long it took to play with no one else with me or on the course in front of me. I also decided I would play with no beer or alcohol at all  ;).

It turns out that I can get through a round in about 2 hrs. 45 minutes. It also turns out I can play decent without any alcohol involved and keeping the pace of play steady. I shot 37 and 39 for a 76 total. It was a good day!

I took the day off work and played 18 holes. It was 43* and calm. I decided I was going to see how long it took to play with no one else with me or on the course in front of me. I also decided I would play with no beer or alcohol at all  ;).

It turns out that I can get through a round in about 2 hrs. 45 minutes. It also turns out I can play decent without any alcohol involved and keeping the pace of play steady. I shot 37 and 39 for a 76 total. It was a good day!

Isn't it nice when you can play in a nice rhythm; not waiting on anyone and not having pressure from behind?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

How did I play?

Absolutely out of my arse!

Set a new best ever with an 82. I went back to Sable Creek but played the Black/Maroon which are the two hardest 9's of the 27. My driving wasn't as good as last week but the misses weren't as bad as they have been in the past, so that made my second shots a bit easier.

The cold certainly took some distance off every shot, but I guess that's to be expected. All in all, I'm over the moon at my played these last couple of rounds (pretty sure it's the Snell ball!) but bummed at the same time because it may very well be my last round of the season.

Here she is: https://www.golfpadgps.com/round/RPJB8R#1

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Well we played out final MGA champ today, it was rescheduled due to rain outs. I worked an 8 hour shift from 8pm -4am came home slept for 2.5 hours and hit the course, I should have stayed up. My back was super tight and couldn't get loose, and we had to wait on every shot which also didn't help the back, started sluggish, and finished decent. 47 on the front with 3 doubles and 3 three putts, back was better 40, 1 double and 1 three putt. I had 0 club throws, no broken clubs and no real bad anger issues, it was progress for me.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played with my son John today, his first round at Bayou. Same old same old crap on the front nine for 42, doubled 10 and then went 1 under the rest of the way for 79. Something finally kicked in.

I forgot how long John can hit it. Brought my GPS watch. He hit 3 over 300, at Sea Level drying out but hardly firm. He hit it to a couple of spots I couldn't believe including just off the green on 12 a 338 yard par 4. 317 on the watch and his ball had mud on it.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Played well but it was a frustrating even par 71. The greens had a light sand on them and the tees were all on the front of the tee box because they had over seeded all the boxes.

I hit the ball really well but had a few annoying things happen. On the 3rd hole I hit the flag from 75 yards and ended up off the green. Then on 6 I almost holed my second shot for a double eagle then hit a rock from the sand and missed the 2ft eagle putt. But it was a great day anyway. My brother was in town and he shot the best round of his life with an 82. I was really impressed with the way he played.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Last weekend I had my round of the year at 71.  Yesterday on a more difficult course I shot 89 with a triple bogey and a quad.   :mad:   However, the wind was blowing 15-20 with gusts to 25; throw in a shower of two and playing was a little miserable.  The quad... oh the quad!  Long par 4 into the wind; I knew I wasn't going to get to the green in two, but I did the bad thing anyway and tried to hit it a little harder.  Hooked it into a bunker... in the previous fairway!!  Thought I could get out with my 7W.  I was wrong; caught the lip.  Just poor contact, I can do this if I just hit it better.  Wrong again, but I got out of the bunker... into the next bunker!  Did I say there was two bunkers in a row?  Decided to hit 8i out this time and made it back to my fairway.  Approach shot went long behind the pin.  Putting downhill, downwind... three times!  This was one of the few times on a course that my wife has laughed at my play; I guess I deserved it..

I did manage to finish well.  #18 is a par 5 dogleg left with the wind coming into and from the right.  I hit another bad hook and didn't make the dogleg.  I was short of the fairway bunker but had trees and an outbuilding in the dogleg directly in line with the green.  A straight shot could run through the fairway and into a long bunker that runs all the way to the green; water on the other side of the bunker.  I used my Macgregor VIP 5i "rock club" because I can hook that club if I need to and ran the shot around the corner and down the fairway.  I landed in the middle of the fairway which is only 20 feet wide at that point.  My third shot was an 8i, all carry over water and sand to a tucked pin; routine tap-in birdie!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Well I just couldn't stand it.  That 89 yesterday was sitting in my gut, and I had to have another chance at the course.  The wind subsided overnight, the sun was out and the course was relatively empty.  I just had to go.  I parred the hole I got a quad on yesterday, and only got a bogey on the one I tripled yesterday.  All is good now.  Shot 81 and could have been better but I kept pulling putts.

#18 par 5 was an interesting hole again... yesterday, tap-in birdie.  Today I was right off the tee.

image3.jpg

So I had a long shot up the narrow part of the fairway again, but I pulled it and hit the roof of the shed behind this tree; bounced into the rough short of the fairway.

image1.jpg

My third shot out of the rough was again over the sand and water.  Cleared the sand, but landed just short of the green and bounced back into the sand.

image2.jpg

I think you can see the flock of geese in the shadow to the right of the bunker.  Well, they were in the bunker too and left "traces."  Long bunker shot left about an 8 foot putt which I drained for par.  I'm a lot happier today, thank you very much!

Played 16 holes with my brother again yesterday and played well again shot 33 on the front then I was 2 over on the back 7(had to leave early) mostly because I was rushing to try and finish. Had 3 eagle putts inside 15ft.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

I had a hit in my club Wednsday competition yesterday.  And for the first time in what felt like months played half decently.  I came 5th in a field of about 65 players and managed to shoot 81 one under my current daily index and bang on my current Golf Australia index.  I probably would have shot a 79 but from my "good" mate (a 3 handicapper) giving me the kiss of death after I birdied the 16th.  He said "All you and I have to do is make 2 pars from here and we'll shoot 79 each."  Now I'm one of those guys who is a great believer in the song "The Gambler" especially the line that says "there's time enough for counting when the day is done..."  I stepped up on the 17th tee and all I had going through my head was "79" and got to make two pars and of course made two bogeys.  It was a case of what could have been.  Suffice to say at least I'm feeling like there is hope for my game now.

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

Being an official single digit now, I got to move back to the blue tees in our Wednesday game. I felt like I played really well. My shots from 125 yards and in were on point. Which I'm happy about since that's where I've spent all my practice time lately. I had 9 birdie putts from 10 feet and in and couldn't hole anything. Finished with 2 birds. Fortunately one of them I hit to an inch and didn't have a chance to miss the putt. Didn't keep track but had at least 40 putts.

I do have plans for a putting green in the room above my garage this month so hopefully I'll make some strides there this winter. Once that project gets going it'll have it's own thread.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M1 9.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Fairway -   :taylormade-small: M1 5W 19* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

Hybrids -   :ping-small: G25 4H 23*

Irons -  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Forged 4-PW w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Wedges - :mizuno-small: S5 50*07, 54*12, 58*12 w/ Nippon N.S. Pro 1150S

Putter - Oddyssey Metal-X #7 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 2.0

Well, my brother has moved here to SC, and I have to work Saturday morning so we thought we would play today the weather was supposed to be good, but it wasn't it was rainy all day, until 16 then if stopped, but I played really good, I shot 77 in the crappy weather, had 2 three putts, and hit 2 tee shots about 100 yards, (club slipped) stupid game this is

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Played horrible rounds this week......but I was driving the ball very well.

Switched to the Get Sum this weekend and noticed a pickup on distance.

I must be getting old, as I just filed for Medicare Part A today.......since I am a VA patient, I really don't need Medicare Part A, Part B and Part D........so I did file for part A only. There is no reason to pay $105/month for Part B when I will never use it. All my medical is covered by the Veterans Administration. I have been with the VA for about 15 years and am very comfortable with my doctors and the care they have provided. Any thoughts on this?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

A long awaited round today.  Shot an 83 with really good ball striking by my standards.  Most drives were good, only one lost shot.  Irons were best they have been in a couple of years.  39 putts, including a 4 putt from 20 feet, so round could have been a whole lot better, but it was on greens overseeded last week and were pretty rough.  13 shots better than last Tuesday's round.  It seems that the last 3 months of lessons finally clicked.  Hit more 'quality shots' than I can even remember during a round.  Another lesson tomorrow.  Hope it doesn't screw me up!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I played today after a 6 day layoff.  It was probably my best ball striking round this year, but the score didn't reflect it. Only one good putt.  It was a nice sunny day about 50* and I was playing as a single; I  just managed to jump out in front of a large group of guys.  It was fine for two holes, but on #3 I caught a foursome.  They let me play through two holes later, but I caught another foursome on #7.  Since I had to stop at the turn, I didn't get to play through them until #11.  I shot 78 which included bogeys on the holes where I played through the foursomes.  I hate playing through because I always feel like I need to rush.  I did manage +1 on the back nine.  I think I am still sorta in the zone, so I am hoping these rounds continue.

A long awaited round today.  Shot an 83 with really good ball striking by my standards.  Most drives were good, only one lost shot.  Irons were best they have been in a couple of years.  39 putts, including a 4 putt from 20 feet, so round could have been a whole lot better, but it was on greens overseeded last week and were pretty rough.  13 shots better than last Tuesday's round.  It seems that the last 3 months of lessons finally clicked.  Hit more 'quality shots' than I can even remember during a round.  Another lesson tomorrow.  Hope it doesn't screw me up!

Well, even though I had an extremely productive lesson that I think will help me eliminate another tier of bad shots that still sneak in from time to time, I should know that trying to incorporate a change (albeit minor) into a swing on the course the next day is not optimum.  Hit three really good shot on the first hole (par 5), then got totally out of sync.  Two pars, 4 bogies, six doubles and two triples over the next fourteen holes.  Finally got the hang of it and finished real strong with three pars (two of them with missed 5-6 footers for birdie) and 8 'quality' full shots in a row (two par 5s and a par 4).  Truly one of those rare days where I felt at the end like going out and playing another nine.  Definitely will hit the range before my next round Tuesday.  The slight change, when done in sync with the rest of the swing, is definitely a keeper.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Shot a 91 yesterday and an 89 today.

Drives were in the fairway(180 to 215) not far but put me in good positions. My approach shots were very inconsistent. Chipping from the high rough 5-6 inches just 5 yards off the green, was a problem. I had some difficulty getting up and down from the rough.

On Saturday, I was pulling my putts left, but managed to straighten them out on Sunday.

On Saturday, I was looking up n my iron shots, so I decided to court to three after I hit the ball before I raised my head......guess what? It worked! I was able to straitened out my approach shots after that.

Went out on a whim Sunday. No practice, no warm up, just hit the first tee. So of course I hook it behind a tree. Stymied. 150 out so I hooded a 5 iron just trying to get it to hook around the tree and get near the green for a chip and a putt. Lost the ball, no one saw it. Until we looked in the hole! Eagle 2 to start the day. Birdied the next and now I'm 3 under through two. Held on until 18 where I dropped two in the hazard. Finished at 74. Still a fun round.

There is no spoon.

WITB
TaylorMade M3
Callaway Diablo 15°
Callaway Diablo 18°
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-W
Mizuno TP-4 50, 54, 58
TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spyder

Went out on a whim Sunday. No practice, no warm up, just hit the first tee. So of course I hook it behind a tree. Stymied. 150 out so I hooded a 5 iron just trying to get it to hook around the tree and get near the green for a chip and a putt. Lost the ball, no one saw it. Until we looked in the hole! Eagle 2 to start the day. Birdied the next and now I'm 3 under through two. Held on until 18 where I dropped two in the hazard. Finished at 74. Still a fun round.

Way to go Fade!

I think I'm coming to CO to rub your head for luck!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Sunny, but chilly today.  Played 9 holes and quit when I caught up the last group in the morning gangsome.  Shot 41; it's a par 37, so pretty good in chilly conditions. 

I had to go out today because the forecast for tomorrow is 25% chance of rain and 30mph winds with gusts to 50 mph!  No golf tomorrow!!