How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Played a decent round today at a new course I never played "Split Rails" 

Made a big mistake on the first hole then settle from there on.. Chipping and putting.. Stayed out of the big numbers. Very nice layout.

SmartSelect_20210327-201426_Chrome.jpg

IMG_20210327_184811_168.jpg

IMG_20210327_190947_469.jpg

• Like 8

Driver:  TaylorMade Stealth HD - 9.0 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: TourEdge Exotic C721 13.5 with Hrdz RDX Blue Stiff
5-Wood:  SUB70 949X 5 Wood
4-Hybrid: TourEdge Exotic C721 with KBS 80 Stiff
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
Wedges: Taylormade MG3 - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: ER10 Outback Mallet, 34in
Balls: TaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:   LX5 Watch

TESTED: SUB70 949X 5 Wood
TESTED: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.
TESTED: SkyCaddie LX5 GPS Watch

3 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Shot a respectable 76 at Queen Creek Golf links.. but best of all, it was my annual birthday round where my wife pretends to GAS and come along for the ride..

50559.jpeg

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

Happy $@#!&%$ birthday!    😈

• Like 3

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

16 hours ago, fozcycle said:

My new PXG0211 driver was a beast! (259 yds).

Wow - nice!! Foz De Chambeau 💪🏌️‍♂️💣

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen 5 0311XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Epic SuperHybrid 4H (SteelFiber fc65/F2)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

42/35... yes, no mistype... a one under par back nine today at Mesa Del Sol 🥳  It's been quite some time (years) since I shot an under par nine. The front sure felt worse than it was. I caught a break on #11 par 5 when my layup second shot stayed just dry.  Standing in the hazard, I was able to get a stance and popped it over the lake, still leaving a chance for a 4 but missed.  Three birdies on the back that included two putts over 15 feet - the one on #18 over 20 feet.  
One of the others in the group shot an 80 and had two birdies.  We completely drained my chilled pint of Fireball [emoji846].

Well done[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Wedges; Titleist S9 54*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Another disappointing weekend. Rained the intire time. Course closed, range closed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi1 10* Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: 939x 5 hybrid

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (6 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

+6 after 16 holes

+12 in the car 😭

2 penalties and an unplayable in that span, big sad!

• Sad 5

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Took my brand new George Gankas coached swing out for 18 with the wife. Windy day, but I stuck with my new swing to the tune of 9 over par. Was hitting driver solid but had no idea where it was going. 4/14 fir and 8/18 gir: chipping was great, my putting was trash - never realized how much wind can wreck your putting!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6
  • Love 1

0CDA9F85-FD71-4495-9BD9-CF9DB38DF4E5.png

39/41 at Desert Hills this morning. I chipped in for eagle on the #2 par 5 and nearly did so again on the #11 (ohhhh, so agonizingly close 😢).  That would have been a first for me. I played with one of the course starters and he beat me by 3 strokes.  We had a really fun round and finished up before the heat of the day - which is forecast at 91F.

• Like 7

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

10 hours ago, Alf. S said:

End of the Winter season on Saturday and the opening day of the Summer course 77 net 72 for a win and outride win of our Winter trophy the CLAG (Colin, Lindsay, Alf, Graham), 

image.png.dca319bf8761366d9f39ebc4735692ce.png

Now that is my kind of trophy... love it! 😍

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

This week is spring break and a little slower and since we didn't travel anywhere, decided to try to play as much as possible and try to get to at least one new course. Made a little bit of a drive today to play The Links at Gettysburg in Gettysburg, PA. Beautiful day and beautiful course. Greens were being aerated but still had a blast and course was in fantastic shape other than that. Probably the toughest course I've played so far and played pretty well.

Playing by myself, started off the back and striped a couple drives into the fairway and irons just off the green and then stuck a tee shot on 1st par 3 on the green and two-putted for a bogey, bogey, par start which is great for me. Then, the wheels completely detached from the vehicle and I played the next 4 at +12 including two triples and a TEN! This was around the time I caught up to a painfully slow duo and then the solo behind me caught me so it did throw off my rhythm but just dreadful stretch. Got it together a bit for the rest of the back 9 and then played some really solid golf on the front. Hit a couple wedges to within 10 feet (including one that was 2 inches from being jarred for eagle) but couldn't quite capitalize for birdies. 

Positives:

• Played really well off the tee. 64% driving accuracy is BY FAR my best and almost double my average of 36% (even two worst holes due to drops were tee shots the drew when aiming left side of the fairway which led to trouble)
  • Felt like tempo and swing felt smoothest it's ever felt 
  • Really fun time playing a new course

Negatives:

• 5 penalties is absolutely brutal. Even just avoiding those puts me at 92 on the toughest course I've played without counting missed opportunities putting. 

Overall:

• Great afternoon playing a great new course. If you're near Gettysburg it's worth the time

IMG_5D2CE7BFF550-1.jpeg

• Like 7

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

On 3/26/2021 at 7:55 PM, CarlH said:

Played a scramble today....hit some stinkers, hit some good ones.  My 3 partners were playing closer tees than I was playing.  Makes it hard to get my required drives in when they've got huge advantages on every hole.  Don't ask why they're playing forward tees (2 of them younger than me too!)....I've been arguing the point with the Senior's president for over a year now.

It’s a slippery slope for sure Carl.

Our Tuesday members league had over 70 men per week up until about 4 years ago. Two flights, an A and B with almost everyone playing the whites except for 3 or 4 older (70+) guys who played the green. 
It started slowly at first, with the B players... more and more moved up a tee, then a couple of A players did in order to keep up off the tee with the longer hitters. Myself and about 10 others were the last ones on the whites in the A flight last year.
Guys in their 50s who had no problem playing the whites moved up in order to gain an advantage, and it became a mess because the pro shop wouldn’t assign tees based on ability in a “member” league.

What ended up happening was the good players stopped playing the league, they started their own group, and the entire league, (what’s left of it) both A and B flight, plays the green.
The league is dying, it’s become a laughing stock. They’re lucky if they get 30 players now, even though the membership has grown considerably through the years.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Driver:       :ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

Fairway:    :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 15*

Hybrid:      :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max OS 19* & 21*

Irons:         PXG 0311 Gen3 XP 5-GW

Wedges:    :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*

Putter:       L.A.B. GOLF DF2.1 w/BGT Stability Tour 34” 

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

On 3/28/2021 at 5:51 PM, cnosil said:

First round post surgery and while the temps were in the 80s breeze was about 20+ and it was cart path only.   Hit a wall about 7 holes in and was pretty exhausted;  guess I am still not 100%,  got a second wind about 4 holes later but was still pretty sore.   Struggled were mostly with the tee shot and hitting big slices.  Iron play was decent,  but it is hard to hit from behind trees 🙂

5 FW,  10 Greens,  36 putts ( 2 three putts).   44/39: 83.     

If you’ve talked about your surgery prior to this post, I didn’t see it. 
If I had, I’d have wished you the best. Instead I’ll just say I’m  happy to read here that you’re able to play again.

You add a lot to this forum, way beyond the club testing you do. I’ve asked you for, and received advice a few times, and you’re always quick to reply. 
Take it slow until you’re 100% again, my friend. You have a lot of good golf ahead of you....

• Like 3

Driver:       :ping-small: G425 Max 9*(set at 10*) 

Fairway:    :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 15*

Hybrid:      :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max OS 19* & 21*

Irons:         PXG 0311 Gen3 XP 5-GW

Wedges:    :cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*

Putter:       L.A.B. GOLF DF2.1 w/BGT Stability Tour 34” 

:OnCore: Elixir Yellow 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+ Black 

I somehow managed to get picked to play for my club in pennant (Interclub scratch matchplay in teams of 7)

Started well, 3 up after 7 then fell in a hole. Ended up losing 3 and 1. I had some bad luck, played some bad golf, gave my opponent a generous non ruling and he played well.  I had been sick all week leading up to the round, and that may have contributed to my poor play on the back 9.  It was great to go out in my favourite format, and despite my loss the team won.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll get another try this year.

• Like 7

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

If you’ve talked about your surgery prior to this post, I didn’t see it. 
If I had, I’d have wished you the best. Instead I’ll just say I’m  happy to read here that you’re able to play again.
You add a lot to this forum, way beyond the club testing you do. I’ve asked you for, and received advice a few times, and you’re always quick to reply. 
Take it slow until you’re 100% again, my friend. You have a lot of good golf ahead of you....

Thanks for the compliments and well wishes. Unfortunately I am not patient and want to play golf. I did take a couple of weeks off based on doctors recommendation and I worked my way back by hitting a few balls at a golf shop, then hitting balls for about an hour, then a extra long range session. Didn’t think I would have an issue but didn’t have the stamina to do the walking. Also Doesn’t help that the surgery was on my neck so there are some issues when it swells.

My company golf league starts tonight so I will give it another go. Only 9 holes so it should be better.
  • Like 7

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Thanks for the compliments and well wishes. Unfortunately I am not patient and want to play golf. I did take a couple of weeks off based on doctors recommendation and I worked my way back by hitting a few balls at a golf shop, then hitting balls for about an hour, then a extra long range session. Didn’t think I would have an issue but didn’t have the stamina to do the walking. Also Doesn’t help that the surgery was on my neck so there are some issues when it swells.

My company golf league starts tonight so I will give it another go. Only 9 holes so it should be better.

Be careful, dude.  Seriously.  You don't want to have to take another two months off because you were impatient.

Sorry for the mothering, LOL.  I guess 26 years with my wife is influencing me.  😉

• Like 5

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Be careful, dude.  Seriously.  You don't want to have to take another two months off because you were impatient.
Sorry for the mothering, LOL.  I guess 26 years with my wife is influencing me.  [emoji6]

I am being careful. The doctors have released me to get back to normal routine so I am not going against any of their desires. I specifically asked about golf when discussing what I could do.
  • Like 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 5-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1

Backups:  :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787, :seemore-small: mFGP2,

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG