That was barely the Hi today up here .. and with the same stoopit COOOOLLLD North wind.... 
Tomorrow's "supposed to be" nicer - playing 18 with step-sons.
Oh, ps: was actually *snowing* lightly early this morning!!!

Snow, you wouldn’t see my guys even if Face Time if it snowed.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

Today was ugly.  That is all.

• Sad 5
  • Haha 2

:taylormade-small:M5 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 60g, 6.5 @ 45"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ HZRDUS Green 70g, 6.5 @ 42.75"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 5wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 42.25"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash 7wd & 9wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 41.75" & 41"

:srixon-small:Z585 6-7, Z785 8-GW w/ TT AMT White S300@ 37.75" (6i)

:cleveland-small:RTX4 54/10 & 58/3 w/ DGold S400 @ 36"

:odyssey-small:SL EXO Marxman w/ Superstroke Flatso 3.0 @ 33"

On Deck:

:cleveland-small:RTX4 58/9 w/ Nippon Tour 125 Stiff @ 35.75"

On 4/3/2021 at 10:47 PM, chisag said:

... So true. It would also be nice to have a private jet to fly back and forth between the 2.  AND have a personal chef and a masseuse while we are at it! 🤑

You forgot the trophy wife. Gotta have the trophy wife.... 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Driver     :callaway-small: Epic Max 10.5* Cypher 5.0

Fairway  :titelist-small: TS2 16.5* Kuro Kage R

Hybrids  :titelist-small: TS2 19* & 21* Kuro Kage R

Irons       PXG  0211 5-GW MMT 70

Wedges :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 52F & 58-M

Putter    :titelist-small: :scotty-small: Newport 2.0 33.5"

Bag       :titelist-small: Hybrid 5 stand or :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Extras   :yes-small: Tracy 33.5” 

:ping-small: G400 Max 9.0* Alta CB

After a two week hiatus due to rain and cold I got back out yesterday. Didn't sleep well Saturday and woke up with a knot in the hamstring and some low back tightness.

Ended up carding a 50 where nothing went right. Missed putts (lots of 30 footers left to 6-7 feet), multiple blown chips, a few really nice irons followed by duds of chips/pitches. Basically everything was out of whack. Think I'm going to go on a stretching/rolling program to try to get my lower area back to order.

• Like 8

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

Another round that was slow to begin with then , settle in and managed to put in a good score. Chipping and putting continue to be good, need to commit to some shots and not get greedy. 
image.png.1f522c755090a8dae4d123bf3662ed4e.pngimage.png.2b6ff6b7e252e63716d0a68daab91fcf.pngimage.png.9f6f6c91f272765f46a3cc98fe374ebf.png

• Like 7

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 10.5 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff  (Testing NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff)
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

Early morning Exec 9 on a course new to us with cart bridges now open.
55* with light breeze & blue sky. 1st 3 holes directly into the sun and not knowing the layout made it a bit tough on the Par 4’s. I lost a ball on 2nd hole into the sun and couldn’t find it, group in back of us picked it up in middle of fareway. Never looked there.
Loved the course, hit ball well (+4) and looking forward to next time there.
It is 5.5 miles by cart and 20 minutes, not bad ride.

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

... I have made some golfing friends here in Phoenix but since I play 6 times a week I still play about 70% of my rounds as a single. Almost always have good playing pards but my luck ran out yesterday. First some lady from KC in her 70's found out I was from Chicago and wanted to talk politics ... sigh. Told her I wasn't interested in a political discussion on a golf course in 100* heat but that didn't stop her so I avoided being near her as much as possible. But the killer was a s-l-o-w golfer that was THAT GUY. Every decent shot he hit he screamed stuff like "That is a perfect shot!" or "Should be a birdie!" even though it was hit thin and rolling towards the green and finally rolling over the back. I could live with that but every bad shot, and there were many, he cringed in pain because of his torn labrum with the muscle completely disconnected from the bone. The head scratcher of course is good shots did not seem to bother his shoulder at all and on one really good one he lifted both arms over his head yelling "Beat that!" but when he topped 2 shots in a row explained to us that he can't lift his arm above chest high and swinging the club can be very difficult. And I mean we got a sermon on every bad shot and a dissertation on every good shot. 

... After a 2:20 minute front 9, again in 100* heat, he went to get a hot dog and a beer while the political lady said she was going to the ladies room and we should tee off and they would catch up. Our 3rd was her grandson and a pleasure to play with but instead of hitting he went to some shade from a tree and buried his head in his cell phone. So I teed off and never saw them again until the 18th tee and when I saw them approach the 17th tee, even though I waited on every tee from 13 to 18. 

... Quite frankly I am amazed I don't run into more unpleasant players on muni courses but it just goes to show that most golfers are just good people and I rarely have pards I do not enjoy sharing 4-4.5 hours with. 

There’s always that 10% lurking out there[emoji33]

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

23 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have made some golfing friends here in Phoenix but since I play 6 times a week I still play about 70% of my rounds as a single. Almost always have good playing pards but my luck ran out yesterday. First some lady from KC in her 70's found out I was from Chicago and wanted to talk politics ... sigh. Told her I wasn't interested in a political discussion on a golf course in 100* heat but that didn't stop her so I avoided being near her as much as possible. But the killer was a s-l-o-w golfer that was THAT GUY. Every decent shot he hit he screamed stuff like "That is a perfect shot!" or "Should be a birdie!" even though it was hit thin and rolling towards the green and finally rolling over the back. I could live with that but every bad shot, and there were many, he cringed in pain because of his torn labrum with the muscle completely disconnected from the bone. The head scratcher of course is good shots did not seem to bother his shoulder at all and on one really good one he lifted both arms over his head yelling "Beat that!" but when he topped 2 shots in a row explained to us that he can't lift his arm above chest high and swinging the club can be very difficult. And I mean we got a sermon on every bad shot and a dissertation on every good shot. 

... After a 2:20 minute front 9, again in 100* heat, he went to get a hot dog and a beer while the political lady said she was going to the ladies room and we should tee off and they would catch up. Our 3rd was her grandson and a pleasure to play with but instead of hitting he went to some shade from a tree and buried his head in his cell phone. So I teed off and never saw them again until the 18th tee and when I saw them approach the 17th tee, even though I waited on every tee from 13 to 18. 

... Quite frankly I am amazed I don't run into more unpleasant players on muni courses but it just goes to show that most golfers are just good people and I rarely have pards I do not enjoy sharing 4-4.5 hours with. 

Hey, sorry you got the shaft with the playing partners, and not sure the appropriate thread to share the feedback...but you were dead on in recommending the DHY.  Love that club...remarkably forgiving and workable at the same time, and useful for a ton of shots.  My only problem now is I bought the 22 degree 4, and now I want to kick out my TS3 3h and replace it with another DHY!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: SIM DHY 3 & 4H, Diamana Limited Hybrid 75g Stiff

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 5-GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

'THAT GUY' must be a snow bird because I am sure I have played with him in the summer time here.

We got out for what started as 9 today but since we played the 'front' in 1:15 we kept going.  We started on the back to avoid a 4 car pileup on the first tee and as expected things slowed down when we came back around to 1.  Beautiful 60* temps but pretty windy....about 15mph over there.  I went 38 / 41 with two doubles on our second 9. 

Greens had been aerated and sanded and i was pretty consistent leaving all my putts 2 - 3 foot short.  I was real happy with the iron play today, felt like good compression on contact and the distance and lines were pretty good.  I had 12 GIR & two others just off the fringe and I failed to get either up & down.....short on both the chip & putt.  Only three drives that got me in trouble where I tried to flight those down into the wind and came right over the top and hit them low, left and hooking, that is a bad combo!  

Frustrating hole of the day....Hole 1, I finally figure where to cut the corner and end up in the middle of the fairway with only 65 yards into the wind but between clubs.  I should have used the longer club because it took me 5 shots to get it in the hole from there for a double.  😡   

Overall a pretty good day for this early in the season so the winter net work must be paying off!  

• Like 6

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Played today for the first time in a few weeks. Beautiful Day, the pro comped our round (he rents a room from my friend and will be getting a nice bottle of vodka from me for it). Rusty but reasonable 40 on the front. Very solid 37 on the back, several good irons, a 30 foot birdie putt, a couple of good chips and some great drives. I’ve been practicing and it showed.

We picked up a single on 12 - he plays golf for the local D2 team. Really nice kid - he appreciated playing with us as much as we enjoyed watching him play.

• Like 9

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

I was able to play a full 9, then because it was so slow, I re-played the front. Ball striking with irons and wedges wasn’t good, but the driver was incredible! The combination of the 10.5* loft and using a Pro V1X Left Dash was seriously legit! It was nice to finally play a “dry” course to see how the driver can perform. 
Shot of the day was a 58* wedge from 60 yards out, up-and-over two huge oaks!!! Hit it to 6 feet.

• Like 9

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

6 hours ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Hey, sorry you got the shaft with the playing partners, and not sure the appropriate thread to share the feedback...but you were dead on in recommending the DHY.  Love that club...remarkably forgiving and workable at the same time, and useful for a ton of shots.  My only problem now is I bought the 22 degree 4, and now I want to kick out my TS3 3h and replace it with another DHY!

... My 19* DHY is one of the few clubs in my bag that is not replaceable. Glad it is working out for you! 

• Like 6

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

On 4/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Work it being a beautiful 70 degree day, I took the opportunity to get out and at least get nine holes in. After my range session yesterday, I was feeling like I could conquer the world. I had an 11:50 tee time and when I got there the starter told me if I wanted, I could play immediately if I started on the back. 

I've probably mentioned that I hate number 10. I mean really, really hate it. The tee shot has trees lining the left of the fairway and the hole slightly doglegs left. 20201012_195051-01.jpeg.6613d35726760d2db9a99e7f1c2fb10e.jpeg

This shot intimidates me, I'm not going to lie. To make it worse, this is my first shot of the day. I hit the fairway, and that was the highlight of my round. It went severely downhill from there. 

Shot a 59, I don't have Arccos stats for the third straight round as it wasn't picking up shots. But I'll tell you that the only thing I had going for me was my greenside wedge game. Driver wasn't horrible, but I can't say it was spectacular either. I almost walked of the course in the 14th it was so bad and by the 17th I was ready to throw my clubs off a cliff with them on fire. 

Then I got to the last hole where I hit a good drive, a decent 3 wood, then I shanked a 6 iron and a wedge. I got to the ball, settled down thinking about the Planemate and exiting low and hit the flag from here.20210404_131528-01.jpeg.4076fdc973f05a51fcacd6c3ff674ac9.jpeg20210404_131614-01.jpeg.3f1cb543ce6fc10aa9d22c7805ba286b.jpeg

Tapped in for bogey, but left the course feeling better about my game. That's the beauty of this game, you can go from I don't know why I'm doing this to I love this game!

Went to the range afterward to work things out and hit a bucket and a half. I hit more good shots than bad and am looking forward to the next time I get out to play. Met a guy there named John and really enjoyed talking to him. He was absolutely crushing a Ping G425 and I had fun talking about his fitting for it and golf nerdery in general. 

That tree - no big deal, it would play right into my lefty power fade (re:slice)😜 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel