• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

One of the guys in my extended group is a hint of "that guy," giving ESPN commentary on every shot.  He doesn't have the obnoxious positive reactions, fortunately.

Gets a bit old, as you'd expect.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1-PW Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, DGS300; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; Golden Ram TW276, DGS; Golden Ram TW282, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 56*, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60*, 1.05 sole, DGS; Maltby Design 60* 1.05 sole, NV105
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, or TM TP5

21 hours ago, chisag said:

in 100* heat

Friend of mine who is from Michigan, lived here in the Twin Cities for years, then to North Dakota before settling in Phoenix, likes to try sell me on the Phoenix area.  His favorite whenever the heat is mentioned is "yeah, but you don't have to shovel sunshine."  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1-PW Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, DGS300; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; Golden Ram TW276, DGS; Golden Ram TW282, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 56*, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60*, 1.05 sole, DGS; Maltby Design 60* 1.05 sole, NV105
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, or TM TP5

3 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Friend of mine who is from Michigan, lived here in the Twin Cities for years, then to North Dakota before settling in Phoenix, likes to try sell me on the Phoenix area.  His favorite whenever the heat is mentioned is "yeah, but you don't have to shovel sunshine."  🙂

As someone who lives in Michigan...

[Image - 215995] | Feel Like a Sir | Know Your Meme

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Driver - Titleist 983K 9.5* - Titleist 4560 S-Flex Shaft

3 Wood - 2020 Adams Tight Lies 16* - Aldila Synergy Red 50-S Shaft

2 Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro - Aldila VS Proto+ 'By You' 80-S Shaft

3 Iron - Titleist 690MB True Temper Reg Flex

4-9 Irons - Taylormade R7TP True Temper X-100 Shafts (6i has mismatched Project X 6.0 shaft)

Sand Wedge - Adams GT XTreme 2 SW

Putter - PING Heppler Tomcat 14

Ball - Titleist Tour Soft

6 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

... It seems every location has trade offs. It comes down to which negatives you can live with. Crazy high taxes and earthquakes in CA, high humidity and hurricanes in FL, cold and snow anywhere north and the insane heat of dead summer in Phoenix. For me, the dry heat of a few summer months is the trade off I am willing to make. 

• Like 9

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max ... Diamana Limited 60R
Fairway:  Cobra SZ 14.5* ... Atmos Blue TS 7S
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
                 Mizuno T20 58* ... Nippon 950gh r-flex
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... It seems every location has trade offs. It comes down to which negatives you can live with. Crazy high taxes and earthquakes in CA, high humidity and hurricanes in FL, cold and snow anywhere north and the insane heat of dead summer in Phoenix. For me, the dry heat of a few summer months is the trade off I am willing to make. 

Yep!  I'll take the dry heat.  We actually have many days over 100º and some approaching 110º during the summer, so Phoenix is not a bad place.  I find it a lot better than 90% humidity locations.

My brother-in-law moved to Surprise 3 years ago and seems to enjoy it.  Weather is nice in the winter and golf is cheap in the summer!!

• Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played yesterday and round was kind of all over the place. Opened up with the best I've ever felt, parring the opening 4 holes (after leaving a 4 foot birdie putt on #4 under the hole). Then I was getting blown up with texts about work and got really frustrated and saw play deteriorate quickly. Got things handled and settled in late for a decent stretch. Middle stretch wasn't pretty but bookended it with +2 on first 4 and final 6 so definitely happy with that, especially putting on punched greens. 

Positives: Iron play felt pretty locked in throughout, just found woods off the tee during the middle so forced to punch out. GIR on 3/4 par 3's. Was able to lock in a bit down the stretch

Negatives: Not accurate at all off the tee and that cost me. Lost focus in the middle. Still trying to figure out distances with my newer irons/consistent contact.

Getting out again tomorrow at a course that punched greens a little sooner so hoping putting surface is a little smoother and can put together a full round of good golf.

IMG_3995EFF9A0EE-1.jpeg

• Like 9

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

19 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Played the front 9 on kiva dunes today.  Pretty nice course, but not worth the chunk of change they are charging... 6 over, no lost balls.  Not a bad day.

No lost balls is always a plus. 

• Like 6

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 460 9.5*

:callaway-small: FT Optiforce 3W, 5W

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 4-PW

:callaway-small: MD4 52/56/60

:odyssey-small: White Hot RX #7

:titelist-small: Pro V1X

9 hours ago, PMookie said:

Got to play a CC on the “Northshore” of New Orleans today, Money Hill. It’s actually the course where I took lessons for so many years, but today was the first time I played it. I played with Rob, the owner of Xphlexxx shafts, who built my driver and now Super Hybrid (not an Xphlexxx shaft, an Aldila RIP Alpha), who got us on through his wife’s boss. Nice course, and a great course to be able to hit driver!!!! We had a really good time. We didn’t keep score, just tried to mash our drivers! 😂 

Here are just a couple pics. The “isthmus” green was tough. Three club wind dead into the face. Made it fun!!!

4AF7FD55-27A6-4A4E-A4EA-69F031C99B49.jpeg

B0165A24-8EAE-4F7F-8C28-BB48859AD34B.jpeg

Thats a good looking course.. looks like it would be tons of fun. 

• Like 3

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 10.5 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff  (Testing NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff)
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

13 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Thats a good looking course.. looks like it would be tons of fun. 

Great course for hitting drivers! Nice layout, fun!

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

and now Super Hybrid

how did that work out for you?

• Like 2

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with  :Fuji:Pro 2.0 TS 7X. Testing Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.75"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff (shaft may be swapped at some point) 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34")

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

First round of year, shot 84 which works out to +15 adjusted for course/slope and is better than any 18 hole round in 2020. 22 putts on the front nine (6 GIR), with 4 3 putts LOL. Took time to adjust to the heavier weight of the EVNROLL as well as putting on outdoor greens which seemed to have varying degrees of sand on them. But, made up for it with 12 putts on the back 9 (6 - 1 putts, 3 GIR). Also clanked a chip off the flag stick that was so close to going in... 

Positives: One of my best ever driving rounds, a lot which can be attributed to the concepts from DECADE on aiming and planning out tee shots from Google maps. 3 Driver misses were wipey shots off the heel that ended up 210 out. Longest drive was 297 with the majority in the 250-270 range. Wedge play from 70-100 yards was solid, 50% GIR as well as up and downs. First birdie of the season after sticking a wedge to 6ft from 95 yards on a par 5. 

Negatives: poor distance control to start with putter, bladed/thinned some irons/wedges (still flipping), including a rinsed ball on a par 3. Need to work on shallowing and transition moves with irons. Failed to get ball on green from greenside bunker. Got tired walking 18 and lost my swing after hole 15 - need to push harder on fitness. 

Was a couple 3 putts and 1 penalty off the tee away from breaking 80... This is the year, next lesson is Tuesday. Stack System can show up anytime... 

• Like 8

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/5H

:ping-small: G410 4-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2

7 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

First round of year, shot 84 which works out to +15 adjusted for course/slope and is better than any 18 hole round in 2020. 22 putts on the front nine (6 GIR), with 4 3 putts LOL. Took time to adjust to the heavier weight of the EVNROLL as well as putting on outdoor greens which seemed to have varying degrees of sand on them. But, made up for it with 12 putts on the back 9 (6 - 1 putts, 3 GIR). Also clanked a chip off the flag stick that was so close to going in... 

Positives: One of my best ever driving rounds, a lot which can be attributed to the concepts from DECADE on aiming and planning out tee shots from Google maps. 3 Driver misses were wipey shots off the heel that ended up 210 out. Longest drive was 297 with the majority in the 250-270 range. Wedge play from 70-100 yards was solid, 50% GIR as well as up and downs. First birdie of the season after sticking a wedge to 6ft from 95 yards on a par 5. 

Negatives: poor distance control to start with putter, bladed/thinned some irons/wedges (still flipping), including a rinsed ball on a par 3. Need to work on shallowing and transition moves with irons. Failed to get ball on green from greenside bunker. Got tired walking 18 and lost my swing after hole 15 - need to push harder on fitness. 

Was a couple 3 putts and 1 penalty off the tee away from breaking 80... This is the year, next lesson is Tuesday. Stack System can show up anytime... 

Glad to see you got out.  How's the shoulder holding up?

Might want to give a PlaneMate a look if shallowing is your concern...

• Like 2

Driver: :honma:TR20 460, Vizard 60g Stiff

FW: :tour-edge: CBX 119 3w, 15,  Project X Evenflow Blue 75g Stiff

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TS3 3 & 4H, Project X Evenflow Blue 85g Stiff

Driving Iron: :mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB 3i, UST Mamiya recoil ES 780 F3

Iron: :mizuno-small:JPX 919 Forged 4- GW, Project X 6.0

Wedges::vokey-small:SM8 54 S Grind, 60 M Grind

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER7B 

:SuperSpeed:

Tested the Honma TR20 460 driver

Got out for 18 over the weekend .. first 18 of the season .. with my wife and her two sons (now in their 20s; there's a daughter in the middle but she hates the thought of golf...).

Classic golf day - sometimes it was a little colder, sometimes a little warmer; sometimes it was breezy, sometimes it was calm; sometimes the tee shots were great, and sometimes they were not so great; sometimes my chipping and pitching and putting was spot-on and sometimes I ran the ball way past the hole...

The boys managed to polish off a 6 pack - on each 9!! - and could still play golf, and .. still have room for two more each with dinner afterward. Oh to be 20-something again.... 😝

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator