Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

14 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I have always said I am a big fan of whatever works. Experimenting is an important part of that. But what I personally will never compute is say a clock position for a specific distance. For every 50yd shot I face, most are different almost every time. How much wind and from what direction, uphill or downhill, where can I miss short or long that gives me the best results all have to be figured in every shot. A singe position for a single yardage would seem like homework to compute and adjust when I can just look at 50 yds with a 10mph wind in my face and know I need to hit it lower and with more speed than if there were no wind. I am much more creative than analytical so I am sure that plays a part. 

I would absolutely love to get to play a round of golf with you @chisag. I think I could learn a ton just by watching! If I ever find myself in the Phoenix area, I will be looking you up to set up a round!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

4 minutes ago, Jnoble89 said:

I would absolutely love to get to play a round of golf with you @chisag. I think I could learn a ton just by watching! If I ever find myself in the Phoenix area, I will be looking you up to set up a round!

... Thanks, maybe we will be team mates in the Cobra Challenge! 😎

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Only played 8 back got really tight on the last two holes of that 8. I couldn’t even hit my driver on 9 because of how tight it was. I didn’t swing hard at all and my furthest drive was a whopping 250 that’s well short of my normal drives. I was +8 through the 8 and most of that was the last two holes and the first. I was par or bogey with one birdie. I can see doing more than 9 is quite a ways off.

Been away from this thread for a few weeks, life kinda gets in the way sometimes.  
Got out this morning for 18 early.  Little disappointed as greens were recently sanded but maintaining course is necessary.  Even with the greens not great picked up 3 birdies for a 83.  Still using the Lajosi blade putter and I’m guessing 340 gr head weight is OK for me  right now.  
My small testing between the PXG drivers is just about complete.  The 0211, 10.5* with the Cypher senior shaft is just edging out the 0311XF, 12* with the Evenflow CB senior shaft.  The 0311 setup is slightly longer (5 yds) but the 0211 setup has a higher flight and very slight fade.  
Bottom line is I can take either driver out and have confidence.   

My Exec outing Monday & Tuesday were good also, starting to get a few birdies per 9, good thing.  

Bad news we lost a Bacon Boy last week.  Didn’t know him well as he just started playing with us.  I only had him in my group twice and was likeable guy.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 minute ago, Sluggo42 said:

I am here to tell you that the Maxfli TourX is the greatest ball ever made. And thats why Im posting another low 70's score.

OR

I am here to tell you the "Freddy" (Couples) swing is the greatest swing ever! (doubtful it even remotely resembles Freds actual swing) but it feels like it to me. And this is why I'm posting another great round...

or

I just shot a good back to back rounds... take your pick by singing up today! Just send your name and credit card number in a private message, and I will let you know the winner very soon, very, very soon...

Well done!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

League tonight was a little rough. I had 3 lips outs that resulted in the putts rolling back to my feet. My driver is feeling really good as well as irons. I have to start spending a lot more time on my wedges as it feels like I have lost all of my touch inside 100 yards. The flat stick needs some work too. All in all I don’t think my score reflected how I was striking the ball. I’m trying to stay mentally positive but right now it feels like the cup is nonexistent. 

Highlight of the round (9-holes) was a 25yd slinger 8-iron around a maple tree into the fan from about 150 to about 10 ft. The shot was pretty and I’m hard pressed to say I felt a little like tiger with the finish. Definitely the one that’ll keep me coming back.

image.gif.b1ceac06fef31bc795dca5ac2dfc0b76.gif

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

After work I played/ball tested for 9 holes. I was testing the Maxfli Tour, Calloway Chromesoft X and XLS. To do so I basically played a scrabble with myself hitting all 3 on each shot other than putting I played normally. The Maxfli might have been a little longer. The only thing is I had a few flier’s with it. Could be a coincidence, but definitely got my attention. As for the two Callaway balls, the X on average launched a little lower than the XLS but the peak height looked about the same which pretty much matched the descriptions. I prefer the X flight a little more but today happened to be a rare day with little wind so will need to see how it does in the the regular 15 to 20 mph winds here. Overall the ball good so it was a good test. I shot 1  under and missed 2 about 10ft putts for birdies. What makes me even happier is thinking back on it I can honestly say that even if I played my first ball on every shot I would at worst would have still been even par. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

20 minutes ago, ZackS said:

After work I played/ball tested for 9 holes. I was testing the Maxfli Tour, Calloway Chromesoft X and XLS. To do so I basically played a scrabble with myself hitting all 3 on each shot other than putting I played normally. The Maxfli might have been a little longer. The only thing is I had a few flier’s with it. Could be a coincidence, but definitely got my attention. As for the two Callaway balls, the X on average launched a little lower than the XLS but the peak height looked about the same which pretty much matched the descriptions. I prefer the X flight a little more but today happened to be a rare day with little wind so will need to see how it does in the the regular 15 to 20 mph winds here. Overall the ball good so it was a good test. I shot 1  under and missed 2 about 10ft putts for birdies. What makes me even happier is thinking back on it I can honestly say that even if I played my first ball on every shot I would at worst would have still been even par. 

FWIW- I did the same test (without the Maxfli). I found that the LS was/is really good in wetter conditions (it rolled out better for me) and a little bit better in high winds (we get 'em here in KS too). The X seemed to hold the greens better. The descent angles seemed to be pretty close (just eyeing it). Also, like you said, I'd have scored really close to equal scores with either ball.

ALL :callaway-small:

Paradym 10.5*(11.5*) (Hzrdus Gen 4 Silver 60/KBS TD)

Apex UW 17* (Tensei AV Blue 75)

Apex Pro 21 Hybrid 20*/23* (KBS Hybrid)

Paradym 6-PW (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Face Chrome 48* (Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 105X)

Jaws Raw Chrome Full Toe 54*/ 58* (Nippon Pro Modus 115 Wedge)

Jaws Full Toe Black Wedge 64* (DG Tour Issue Spinner 115)

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

6 minutes ago, Merlin1313 said:

FWIW- I did the same test (without the Maxfli). I found that the LS was/is really good in wetter conditions (it rolled out better for me) and a little bit better in high winds (we get 'em here in KS too). The X seemed to hold the greens better. The descent angles seemed to be pretty close (just eyeing it). Also, like you said, I'd have scored really close to equal scores with either ball.

Still needs a little more testing. But right now I am almost thinking I might just have some of both and play XLS on really windy days or in softer conditions. And the X when not as windy or really firm conditions. I think you could easily swap between them as the distances are pretty much the same they just get there in slightly different ways. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

9 hours ago, ZackS said:

Still needs a little more testing. But right now I am almost thinking I might just have some of both and play XLS on really windy days or in softer conditions. And the X when not as windy or really firm conditions. I think you could easily swap between them as the distances are pretty much the same they just get there in slightly different ways. 

exactly the way I play 'em

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

I am not the golfer that will only post his good scores, 1st round at bc mid am today, 82. Not happy but that means nothing!! Have to digest the areas of opportunity (and there were a few) work on them tonight and get back on the horse tomorrow.. curses… 

another tough day yesterday, 81.. tee off early this morning, will have to do a good debrief after the tournament is over. 

committed to performance excellence

Just now, Jim Shaw said:

I am not the golfer that will only post his good scores, 1st round at bc mid am today, 82. Not happy but that means nothing!! Have to digest the areas of opportunity (and there were a few) work on them tonight and get back on the horse tomorrow.. curses… 

another tough day yesterday, 81.. tee off early this morning, will have to do a good debrief after the tournament is over. 

I know I talk about Jon Sherman (practical golf) a lot but his stuff just makes sense to me and works.
One thing I never really thought much about was a post round review but it's logical. Helps you figure out where things went wrong and what to focus on.

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I went into last night's league play full of optimism and confidence.  I started out leaving a birdie putt one roll short on the opening par 5 and birdied the second hole.  My Otto Phlex driver set up was not treating me well, which led to 2 bogies and a double due to poor tee shots.  Actually, it was operator error with poor swings, but bottom line, I was not finding the fairway with the driver and getting punished for my misses.  Standing on the tee of the final hole, a tight, short par 5, I should have been hitting 3 wood, especially since I hadn't found a fairway yet with the driver.  But no, still full of optimism, confidence, and ignorance, out comes the driver, because I know this will be the hole where I split the fairway with a perfect drive.  I am 3 over and thinking I will make birdie on the last hole and win my match.  Out comes a dreadful pull hook into the trees leaving a terrible lie.  My 2nd shot catches a tree limb and I can't seem to get out of jail.  Punch out and I am hitting my 4th from 180 yards.  I shoot 5 over after doubling the final hole and wonder why the smart golfer didn't show up.  

Ping G430 Max 10k 9° w/UST MP5 L-Flex

Ping G425 3 wood 14.5° w/Ventus Velocore Blue-6R tipped 1"

Cleveland Halo Launcher 5 wood 18° with Project X Cypher R

Callaway Rogue 19° hybrid regular

PXG Gen 3 0311XF 5 - G steel regular

Corey Paul wedges bent to 53° and 58°

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 putter

@David Leighton ReidYou sure you weren't playing with me on Saturday, cuz that round looks REALLY familiar- except I flat out sliced my last drive on 18 (a WIDE open fairway- and on the 17 I ended up playing my 2nd shot out of the 18th's fairway after hitting ANOTHER "power fade")

Edited by Merlin1313

WHOG #5

Chrome Soft X 

played an interesting 9 today. 53, so score wasn't great. Couldn't get putts to fall (including a sand save par from 16' out, the pin actually prevented it from falling).  Working on closing the face in transition doing Palmer flexion. Worked decently for irons , was hitting some solid straight to draw shots and good distance. Wasn't working well for driver. Best drive was a 285 yard fade. Second best was after hitting two provisional on #9, i just hit a fairway finder swing. Dead straight at 278. Maybe i need to just focus on a fairway finder swing and keep the ball in play. Killed my SG from the tee (as well as on #7, I duck hooked a a 4w and it deflected off a tree and doomed me for the hole. Hit it super solid but the shaft along with the wrist move caused  the hook). Anyways, was a beautiful morning. Got to golf with a good friend of mine and caught up on things. Until hole #9 i was using the same ball.

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Had the local 9 hole league yesterday and played a monster round, for me. Shot +5 for the nine holes and got flagged yesterday and today because, as a team with strokes, we shot -14 and the closest other team was -5. I normally shoot 95-100 in a par 72 with potential at low 80s but always chasing vs playing the safe shot. First 2 rounds I had been playing so badly in the league, so much that I was now getting 2 strokes per hole. I felt super relaxed yesterday and was taking my time making the correct choice and just had seemed to get all the bounces. I even holed out from 110 out for birdie. So after averaging like 54 on a par 35 I shot a 40 and now i'm sure everyone thinks i cheated 🤣 still on a high from that 9 holes and excited to keep it going saturday at a full 18.

:taylormade-small: Stealth driver HD 12°

:taylormade-small: Stealh 5 wood, all stock

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4i-PW, AW

:taylormade-small: hi-toe raw 56°

:taylormade-small:MySpyder gt putter

28 minutes ago, Rockerdude said:

Had the local 9 hole league yesterday and played a monster round, for me. Shot +5 for the nine holes and got flagged yesterday and today because, as a team with strokes, we shot -14 and the closest other team was -5. I normally shoot 95-100 in a par 72 with potential at low 80s but always chasing vs playing the safe shot. First 2 rounds I had been playing so badly in the league, so much that I was now getting 2 strokes per hole. I felt super relaxed yesterday and was taking my time making the correct choice and just had seemed to get all the bounces. I even holed out from 110 out for birdie. So after averaging like 54 on a par 35 I shot a 40 and now i'm sure everyone thinks i cheated 🤣 still on a high from that 9 holes and excited to keep it going saturday at a full 18.

Good for you! remember that great feeling and bring that positivity to saturday!  it's great hearing about a good round played.

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Played last night and to say it was rough is an understatement mainly because probably 80% of my shots were from the rough really struggled getting the ball in the air so basically was hitting a stinger or grounder ever shot and when it’s been raining for 3 days the ball wasn’t rolling but my putting is getting better the claw grip seems to be working for me 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

8 minutes ago, josmi15 said:

Good for you! remember that great feeling and bring that positivity to saturday!  it's great hearing about a good round played.

Thank You, this is probably the best I have felt about golf in a while. I finally broke 90 this year as well but i wasn't as happy because i could've easily shot like 84ish but instead shot 89.

:taylormade-small: Stealth driver HD 12°

:taylormade-small: Stealh 5 wood, all stock

:taylormade-small: Stealth 4i-PW, AW

:taylormade-small: hi-toe raw 56°

:taylormade-small:MySpyder gt putter

Played Legacy GC in Lakewood RanchIMG_8537.jpg.3cf457070df3816a6ea63afc16da1e28.jpg this last Monday while I was in Florida and I was surprised at how sneaky tricky this course was.IMG_8535.JPG.8c6cfc0caf4c40c50720ef49c1f8dede.JPG I was having an awful round (14 over through 14) and ended up getting off the course after hole 14. The family was getting a little overheated and was looking to get out and get to dinner, so that was all that I was able to play (probably for the best). The course had some pretty holes with a ton of water!

:callaway-small: Rogue MAX LS 9° (set to +1°)

:callaway-small: Rogue Max 3W 15°

:callaway-small:Apex UW 19°

:taylormade-small: p770 w/ Project X 6.5 (4-AW)

:callaway-small: Jaws Full-Toe Black 54° & 60°

:taylormade-small: Spider GT 35"

:taylormade-small: TP5x 

24 minutes ago, invee123 said:

Played Legacy GC in Lakewood RanchIMG_8537.jpg.3cf457070df3816a6ea63afc16da1e28.jpg this last Monday while I was in Florida and I was surprised at how sneaky tricky this course was.IMG_8535.JPG.8c6cfc0caf4c40c50720ef49c1f8dede.JPG I was having an awful round (14 over through 14) and ended up getting off the course after hole 14. The family was getting a little overheated and was looking to get out and get to dinner, so that was all that I was able to play (probably for the best). The course had some pretty holes with a ton of water!

Played there in April but not at that course. Lakewood Ranch is HUGE! And yes - watery.... 🌊

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

43/41 84 today.  It was a good day.  -- but there is so much what might have been as well.  4 three putts, 3 doubles, a couple missed short putts, a rattled pin on a par 3, a partridge, and a pear tree.    That said, there were also 4 one putts including a 17.5 footer to save par.  🤷‍♂️

36 putts -- Two weeks past punching, greens were wildly inconsistent and infuriating.  I had legit birdie opportunities but could not convert.  I overread the greens again and missed high side on all of them.  

7/15 FIR --  Seems poor but most of the misses were first cut except for 10 & 12 where blocked the ball to the right.

1 Penalty stroke -- Lost ball on 10.  Blocked it into the trees and could not find the thing.

10/18 GIR

The three putts were just silly.  Nasty little short putts 3-4' with a lot of break.  I just need to learn to trust myself on these.  Overread all of them.  

The highlights: 

• A planned 4 iron fade to a tucked pin around a tree.  I was kind of stunned that I pulled it off even though I knew I could do it.  I saw the shot, set up, hit it, and it went exactly where I wanted it to.  Easy right?
  • A planned draw into the wind on a 220 yard par 3 that bounced once, started to roll, and hit the pin before  bouncing to 5' (I missed the birdie putt)  I almost lost my mind when I saw the ball bounced toward the pin and roll.  Sadly, I'm still without an ace.                        
  • So many par opportunities.  I played well, but just didn't convert the opportunities I was presented.  

Breaking 80 is coming.

Edited by Syks7

Driver

311062546_PXG_LogoSmall.jpg.1ff58b767d1fb1cdfeac9a387718766e.jpg  0311 Gen 5 -- Tensei CK Orange 60

Woods

PXG_Logo Small.jpg 0341 3W -- Tensei AV Raw Blue

Hybrids

image.png.374545efa45a29aed00287677e783604.png  0317X 2&4 -- Tensei AV Raw Blue 

Irons 

:srixon-small: ZX7 4/AW -- C-Taper Lite 110

Wedges

:mizuno-small:  T7 55º @55/7  -- TT DG Spinner

Putter

Test.png DF2.1 or Link.1 -- Accra

Ball

:srixon-small:  Zstar Diamond

Played great...on the first hole.

Birdied #1, 220y drive right side of FW 30y pitch to the front hit the 8' putt. Felt like a golfer. 

Lots of bogeys and doubles the rest of the way. 9 holes at 44 +9 no OB just pretty bland. Bad putting holes 4-6 after a hot start.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

7 minutes ago, richk9holes said:

Played great...on the first hole.

Birdied #1, 220y drive right side of FW 30y pitch to the front hit the 8' putt. Felt like a golfer. 

Lots of bogeys and doubles the rest of the way. 9 holes at 44 +9 no OB just pretty bland. Bad putting holes 4-6 after a hot start.

There’s always tomorrow!

Rick

Left Hand, 

47 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Another great day on the course. Had my streaks and missed some "tap ins" but I am loving that the good streaks are actually streaks.

IMG-1523.jpg.e627fdbf16ec040136eee4fb77f95c13.jpgIMG-1519.jpg.cef88f890c41df4708ba9e79cd922b27.jpg

Started on the back 9 at Shining Rock where I used to have league nights and went 38/42 back/front. I felt really dialed in again with wedges and irons which were the real highlights of the round in the strokes gained department. Just came off the rails slightly for a stretch of holes on both sides. The front having to drop twice off the tee which resulted in my two blow ups.

1 bird, 10 pars, 5 bogeys and 2 doubles. I had two stretches one of 4 and the other 5 of par or better in a row which for me is a huge feat. Had 3 bogeys and both doubles were back to back.

Had my share of fantastic tee shots and others not so great putting myself in bad spots. My irons were perfect distance wise and was just missing left but was able to make some really great wedge shots saving pars which felt really good. Group I was paired with the older gentleman Mike even said multiple times "great hands, really impressive wedges today"....It felt just like that. What I most satisfied with was I was hitting spots I wanted. A few didn't work out just checking up too much or hit a smidge too much into a face on the green and didn't roll as much as I had hoped BUT I hit the spot I wanted. Two highlight hole that I am kicking myself I did not make the putt. Two holes I have never birdied and rarely par.

IMG-1517.PNG.fc32761750bf84050fe12cd601d5a1fb.PNGIMG-1518.PNG.ec5d578cfc2a61fe25f551b607eda93a.PNG

Well done Grasshopper!! 

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 minute ago, Rickp said:

There’s always tomorrow!

*puts on curly red wig, clears throat*

"Theeee sun will come out, tomorr..."

None of that, now none of that!

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

Just now, cnosil said:

League night and our team got our first win of the season. 

Played 7 good holes and 2 bad holes (triple and double).   Struggling a bit with tee shots; had to pitch back to the fairway a couple of times.   approach, short game, and putting were pretty good.   

3 FW, 4 GIR, 15 Putts for a 42

You’re putting is improving, any particular reason?  Putter change or alignment?  
Putting has been my biggest problem this year so asking for a friend 😀

Rick

Left Hand,