Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I got out today for nine holes with my favorite caddy driving the golf cart. 20210411_175021-01.jpeg.cb1d6f9fa25ed60952e365f3c0a4dba9.jpeg

It was fun, well, except for the golf game that decided to rear its ugly head. Shot a very disappointing 57 on a day my driver was on along with my short game. Only had 18 putts and one terrible drive. I only hit 3 fairways, but my misses were no more than 8 feet into the rough. From 40 and in, my wedges were on and I two putted everything. 

My approach game was horrendous, tops and shanks galore. I couldn't hit a fairway wood or iron for love nor money. I hit one pure 5 iron and that was it, even that was into howling wind and came up short. 

I'm thankful my wife was with me keeping me relaxed, otherwise I might have walked off the course, came home, put the clubs in the deepest recesses of the closet, and quit playing. She discussed what was good with my game and how she sees improvement, especially in the short game.

I'm dealing with a mental block on the course. On the range and into the net, I look like I know what I'm doing, but put me in the course and it's all manner of disaster. I'm stuck in the mode of playing golf swing and not golf. I probably won't be able to play the next two weeks, I'm working the next two Saturdays. Hopefully I can get out and practice and get to a better place with my game.

No worries mate... the 2021 HRC is not far off and we all know how that brings out your A game 🙂.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

Posted Images

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

No worries mate... the 2021 HRC is not far off and we all know how that brings out your A game 🙂.

I always look forward to the HRC and hopefully it'll snap me out of it. Nothing like numb hands by the second hole to take your mind off everything else. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I got out for a quick 12 last evening before dark.  i still have some sloppy holes pop up and had 2 doubles and 3 bogey's to go with 7 pars.  Greens are still bumpy with the punch holes yet to fill in.  They haven't been cut yet and are very slow too.  I'm still feeling pretty good about the swing starting out the year, iron "misses" still hit the green and drive "misses" were just barely in the rough.  

  • Like 6

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Snake Eyes 18* & 23* Hybrids; Golfsmith Tour Cavity Forged 3i;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

So will we need to start referring to you as "Tony Two Gloves"? 😆

🤣😭 Too funny. Maybe Tony the right Lefty 🤪

  • Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I got out today for nine holes with my favorite caddy driving the golf cart. 20210411_175021-01.jpeg.cb1d6f9fa25ed60952e365f3c0a4dba9.jpeg

It was fun, well, except for the golf game that decided to rear its ugly head. Shot a very disappointing 57 on a day my driver was on along with my short game. Only had 18 putts and one terrible drive. I only hit 3 fairways, but my misses were no more than 8 feet into the rough. From 40 and in, my wedges were on and I two putted everything. 

My approach game was horrendous, tops and shanks galore. I couldn't hit a fairway wood or iron for love nor money. I hit one pure 5 iron and that was it, even that was into howling wind and came up short. 

I'm thankful my wife was with me keeping me relaxed, otherwise I might have walked off the course, came home, put the clubs in the deepest recesses of the closet, and quit playing. She discussed what was good with my game and how she sees improvement, especially in the short game.

I'm dealing with a mental block on the course. On the range and into the net, I look like I know what I'm doing, but put me in the course and it's all manner of disaster. I'm stuck in the mode of playing golf swing and not golf. I probably won't be able to play the next two weeks, I'm working the next two Saturdays. Hopefully I can get out and practice and get to a better place with my game.

The range is wider than fairways; no consequences for bad shots.  When on the course, your eyes see a much narrower target, so most likely trying to guide the ball.  Narrow your target on the range for an acceptable tee shot, and when on the course trust your swing.  Stop thinking... let things happen... and Be the ball!  😂

BTW, why are you sitting in the driver's seat!!  Or is that one of those newfangled right-hand drive carts? 🤣

  • Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday, I came back to earth with a more "normal" round of 81.  Two doubles on the front nine and a 44 was not a good start, but shot 37 on the back nine.  It was a nice, sunny day, but after a 90 minutes frost delay, my warmup on the range was long gone and it felt like I just got out of the car and headed to the tee.  I started warming up by #8, and my short game was working a little better.  Putting is still difficult with the hole punches affecting speed and line.

  • Like 8

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Jekyll/Hyde kind of round. 39 on the front nine with a double on the first, then 45 on the back. I’ve had a number of those kinds of rounds this year including one when I was -1 after 11 and 9 over on the last 7. I’m beginning to believe it’s a stamina / endurance issue as I get older (60+). Gotta get off my lazy arse and exercise to get stronger and lose weight.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 8

------------------------------

Driver:   :srixon-small: z785 10.5 - Miyazaki Kaula Mizo 5 R-flex

Fairway:srixon-small: f65 15* and 19* - Miyazaki Kaula Mizo 5 R-flex

Irons:Hogan: PTxPro 4-PW - UST Mamiya Recoil 780 F4

Wedges: :taylormade-small: HiToe 50*-54*-60* stock steel shafts

Putter:  :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red Sightline - double-bend black steel 34"

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gbtrsc said:

Another Jekyll/Hyde kind of round. 39 on the front nine with a double on the first, then 45 on the back. I’ve had a number of those kinds of rounds this year including one when I was -1 after 11 and 9 over on the last 7. I’m beginning to believe it’s a stamina / endurance issue as I get older (60+). Gotta get off my lazy arse and exercise to get stronger and lose weight.
 

While that can happen to me, especially during the summer when temps get over 100º, I'm mostly the opposite.  At almost 74 years old, it seems to take me several holes to get this old body working, and my swing doesn't come around until the back nine.  Then again, some days it doesn't come around at all. 🙄

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

BTW, why are you sitting in the driver's seat!!  Or is that one of those newfangled right-hand drive carts? 🤣

Our course got a pretty good deal on carts from England. 🤣

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

7:30 Tee Time after weekend 3.5”rain. Surprised that only a few holes were CPO.
Started Bogey, Bogey then started hitting ball a little better but still pushed everything to the right (LH).
One bird on 7th helped feel better.
Course was wet but not as bad as I thought it would be.
Always tomorrow!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 7

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 Day Tournament completed. 2 ridiculous bad holes both days in the front 9.
First day after a slow and painful front 9, a 1under 35 on the back made this better.
But on the second day, i was unable to avoid the big number in the front and the rest of the round was an uneventful and disappointing round. To end up in 3rd place.

  • Like 7

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 9.5 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went out and played Poppy Ridge Golf Course in Livermore, CA this weekend. I was excited to use my new Driver for a 2nd time on the course. So of course I hooked my first drive out of bounds on the first hole. Great start...From there on it worked great though. Unfortunately, I am a bit out of practice with my putter so I 3 putted a few holes that I had pretty good looks at birdie (all within 20 ft) and missed several other birdie attempts that would have really helped my round. Managed to stay focused enough to shoot a 77. Playing again in 2 weeks and hope to improve on that putting performance though.

  • Like 7
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The 19th Hole said:

Went out and played Poppy Ridge Golf Course in Livermore, CA this weekend. I was excited to use my new Driver for a 2nd time on the course. So of course I hooked my first drive out of bounds on the first hole. Great start...From there on it worked great though. Unfortunately, I am a bit out of practice with my putter so I 3 putted a few holes that I had pretty good looks at birdie (all within 20 ft) and missed several other birdie attempts that would have really helped my round. Managed to stay focused enough to shoot a 77. Playing again in 2 weeks and hope to improve on that putting performance though.

Love that course, next time in Cali I will have to make a stop there.

  • Like 2

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 9.5 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

Love that course, next time in Cali I will have to make a stop there.

Its a pretty good course when the conditions are right. The fairways and rough were a bit spotty and the greens had not fully recovered from being punched a couple of weeks ago so they were much slower and more bumpy than normal. But it was still nice to be outside.

If I had to choose (and price was less of a concern) I would rather hop down the road and play "The Course at Wente Vineyards". The greens are typically in better shape and it is a bit more challenging of a layout (to me). 

 

  • Like 3
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The 19th Hole said:

Its a pretty good course when the conditions are right. The fairways and rough were a bit spotty and the greens had not fully recovered from being punched a couple of weeks ago so they were much slower and more bumpy than normal. But it was still nice to be outside.

If I had to choose (and price was less of a concern) I would rather hop down the road and play "The Course at Wente Vineyards". The greens are typically in better shape and it is a bit more challenging of a layout (to me). 

 

I played there also very nice track.

These are some of my favorites when I lived out there, not sure if they still open.. 
http://www.chardonnaygolfclub.com/
https://www.indianvalleygolfclub.com/
https://tpc.com/hardingpark/fleming-course/
https://tpc.com/hardingpark/
https://www.thefountaingroveclub.com/
https://www.silveradoresort.com/
https://roosterrun.com/
http://www.roddyranch.com/
golfsangeronimo.com/

https://www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/
https://www.peacockgapgolfclub.com/
https://www.presidiogolf.com/
https://franklincanyongolf.com/


 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 9.5 with  NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade Tour Response, TaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, MrBandit said:
 
Thanks for the suggestion!: 
 
 
https://tpc.com/hardingpark/fleming-course/ - Never played it, but might need to take my son there. I have played the 18 hole regular course. Was actually spose to go play here last year right before the PGA tour, but they shut everything down due to Covid before my tee time...Haven't made it back yet.
 
http://www.roddyranch.com/ - Played it a few times, but closed a couple years ago😞
 
https://www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/ - THIS LOOKS GEORGOUS! and the price isn't terrible...I am going to look into this one for sure!!
 
https://www.presidiogolf.com/ - Played it, didn't like it as much as i thought I would and for sure not for the price they charege nowadays.
  • Like 1
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi4 8* w/ Tensei AV Raw White 65gr X shaft set to D-1 Hosel
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: Testing: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: BX, :taylormade-small: TP5x 
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Stop thinking... let things happen... and Be the ball!

You know, I was thinking about what you said here while at work today and I started going back over my round. Driver was good, I just picked a spot and swung, had one go o.b. on the first hole but everything else was no more than 8 feet into the rough. I even hit the fairway on nine into a left to right cross wind by playing or over the cart path and letting it drift back in. Greenside, I just walked up, pictured what I wanted to do, took a couple of practice swings and trusted myself. I had some pretty good results.

Anything with an iron or fairway wood over 50 yards, I was a basket case and I realized I just need to trust the process. There's proof good things happen that way. 

Thank you for the advice, it was really appreciated. 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The 19th Hole said:
 
Thanks for the suggestion!: 
 
https://www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/ - THIS LOOKS GEORGOUS! and the price isn't terrible...I am going to look into this one for sure!!
 

Bodega Bay is the location where the 1963 Alfred Hitchcock movie, The Birds was filmed.  Just a bit of trivia from an old f@rt!!

  • Like 6

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...