TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

7 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Got my 2nd full round in Michigan in the books today. Samer course I played last week, again it was packed and played very slow. The group in front of me were younger, late 20's early 30's at best, and appeared to be newer to the game.

They played "best-ball" with pairs of themselves, and I was able to get around them at the turn, as they stopped into the club house, and I just continued to the tenth tee. 😉

Played well, shot 79 total, with a 39 and a birdie on the front, and 40 with another birdie on the par 4 18th to keep myself under 80.

The pictures below are of the first birdie hole, hit driver and then Gap wedge and made the putt. 

Best shot of the day was the putt for birdie on the 18th. Hole played 530 yards, I hit driver, 6 iron, and Gap wedge to about 20 feet left of the hole. Made the right to left breaking putt, although when I was over that shot, I didn't think about making it, just didn't want to leave it short.

Plan to play again tomorrow afternoon at another course that I have played previously, Stony Creek Golf Course.

birdie 1.jpg

may28 timberwood.jpg

Sounds like a good round on a beautiful day, Robert! That was a great birdie putt to end the round.

I hope you have another good round tomorrow!

Thank you Jason! I hope so too, but tomorrow will be better no matter the score as SWMBO wants to go along with me, more than likely riding then.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

9 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

Thank you Jason! I hope so too, but tomorrow will be better no matter the score as SWMBO wants to go along with me, more than likely riding then.

Those rounds where my wife comes along are always some of the most enjoyable, having her along for the ride is always wonderful. I hope the two of you enjoy a beautiful day tomorrow!

4 hours ago, Kenny B said:

my wife and I were on our own on the back nine.  I shot 35 (EVEN PAR)

Way to go Comeback Kid!!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Got out to Mansfield National for a twilight round and was able squeeze in all 18. Bit of a mixed bag today. Some really bad, some really good and a few shots that deserved better outcomes than they got. Ended up with 40/39 for 79. When I looked at the card after the round didn’t realize the course has a rating/slope of 73.7/129 so not to bad. 

WITB:

Driver: Titleist TSR3 :titleist-small: with TPT Nitro 15Hi 

5 wood: Calloway Paradym Triple Diamond :callaway-small: with TPT Power 15Lo

Driving Iron: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Ti-Utility :tour-edge:

Hybrid: PXG 0317X Gen2 hybrid :PXG: with TPT Power 15Lo

Irons: Takomo 101T :Takomo: with Nippon Modus 120 shafts :Nippon:

Wedges: Celveland RTX4 50 Degree, Calloway Jaws Raw 58 degree Z grind and 54 degree S grind

Putter: Edel EAS 4.0 :edel-golf-1:

Ball: Srixon Z Star Diamond / Z Star XV :srixon-small:

Official 2024 TPT Shaft Test

Owen and I made it down to Sandwich to play at Edgebrook Country Club yesterday.  Course had been in rough shape when we first went there a couple years ago but new management is really working on everything and it shows.

We passed three groups (apparently all beginners, it was odd) over the first five holes then it was wide open the rest of the way.  All three times we hit great drives; it was nice to be on the other side of that for once!

My irons are just about back.  Distance has returned and now only occasionally hooky.  Downside is that my contact point is off and I chunked a lot of shots.  Between this, the fact that the rough is actually punitive, and I imbibed heavily, meant that it was an overall icky round on the scorecard.

53/54 107 (+35) sure looks bad but it was one of the most enjoyable rounds in a while.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

38/43 at Cimmaron today.  Even par through 7 then bogie, bogie. Shot +8 to my quota for 1st place on individual game and we took 2nd for team. My quota had tanked during my back problem and has been creeping back up... the guys think I'm sandbagging 🤣.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

We originally weren't going to play today because the course had a tournament that we weren't playing.  It's also a bad day for my wife.  Both her mom and dad passed away on Memorial Day a couple of years apart.

However, a few days ago we decided to play when we got a tee time just after the last tournament group teed off.  It was a nice day but being later in the day than usual, it got hot quickly.  It was also slooooow!!  I was +1 though the first 6 holes before I fell apart.  My wife starting getting too hot (she is susceptible to heat stroke) so we quit after the 11th hole at the 3 hour mark.  

I feel your pain on the slow play, Kenny. It took us two hours to get through the 7 holes we played. And my 6 year old and I can usually get through 9 in just under two hours. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

Got to play twice this weekend. 90 on sunday, 85 yesterday. As crazy as it may seem, i'm actually encouraged after these couple rounds.

I believe I only hit 5 fairways out of the 36 holes (4 of them coming from the 90 surprisingly), so i've obviously got to clean that up. I've been at odds with my driver for 3 or 4 months now. I hit it a long way, so it's such an advantage when i'm hitting it well, but when it's bad, it's bad. 

I putted great both days. I got a putting mat and an alignment mirror and made some tweaks to my setup last week, and it's already paying off. Knowing you're going to hit the putt right where you're looking is a great feeling. 

If i can get off the tee and clean up my game around the green a bit, I think i've got some good golf in the near future. Here's hoping

Edited by Charles Lechair

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

2 minutes ago, Charles Lechair said:

Got to play twice this weekend. 90 on sunday, 85 yesterday. As crazy as it may seem, i'm actually encouraged after these couple rounds.

I believe I only hit 5 fairways out of the 36 holes (4 of them coming from the 90 surprisingly), so i've obviously got to clean that up. I've been at odds with my driver for 3 or 4 months now. I hit it a long way, so it's such an advantage when i'm hitting it well, but when it's bad, it's bad. 

I putted great both days. I got a putting mat and an alignment mirror and made some tweaks to my setup last week, and it's already paying off. Know you're going to hit the putt right where you're looking is a great feeling. 

If i can get off the tee and clean up my game around the green a bit, I think i've  got some good golf in the near future. Here's hoping

Best of luck getting the driver working for you.  I envy all you guys that hit the ball a long way.  When you fix that, your potential to score well can dramatically increase.  In my case dramatically increasing driver distance will never be an option... so disappointing!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

30 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Best of luck getting the driver working for you.  I envy all you guys that hit the ball a long way.  When you fix that, your potential to score well can dramatically increase.  In my case dramatically increasing driver distance will never be an option... so disappointing!

It is definitely a nice luxury to have when it's working, but it also comes with guys always saying "you should be so much better than you are," or "your swing is too nice to be hitting it like that."

I get beat by my shorter friends all the time though, more than one way to get around a golf course. 

Lefty Gang

Cally Mavrik 10.5 - Rogue White 60 TX

Cobra Radspeed 5w at 16* - Motore F1 7x

Srixon ZU85 3i - Tensei Blue 80tx

Srixon Z785 4-PW - DG X100

Cally Jaws MD5 Raw 52*

MD3 56* & 60

Scotty Phantom X5.5

Played 9 this morning shot 40 with an 8 on a par 5. My 3 man team was +1, we take the 2 best scores on each hole. The other team was + 9. We just play for 2 bucks. It's all for fun and bragging rights mainly. Hit them straight everyone. 

Frank musolino 

2 hours ago, sgold7 said:

Finally Broke 80 with a 74 on Saturday! It's been a long road since breaking 90 on July 4th 2018 with an 87! My prior career low was also in 2018 when I was playing a lot, 81. It had been 4+ years since I broke 85 so Saturday was out of the blue! 5/6 fairways with the driver, 31 putts, striped long irons on the other holes, career high GIR%, fairway % (thanks, The Grint!), 3 birdies, 3 sandy saves! Just one of those days! 

And then followed it up with an 82 on Sunday (3rd best round ever, never went lower than 89 at that course) at a really tight, wooded, watery course in which I hit irons off the tee 11/14 holes... and hit 11 fairways with those irons (2/3 drives for penalty in the woods). Being a big hitter never really felt like a plus because my driver is proportionally as inaccurate is it is long (120+ swing speed) as I didn't control those longer irons either. But for the first time in my career I'm stepping up to the tee with my 2i, 4i, 5i and am fully confident that I'm going to stripe one! Super cool feeling. Now I just need to dial in the wedges a bit more! 

You didn't just break 80... you smashed it!  Congratulations!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 5/29/2023 at 3:13 PM, cksurfdude said:

Dudes and Ladies:
I am very pleased to be able to announce to you that after years of struggles, feelings of golf inadequacy, many curses and way too numerous opportunities to practice punching out after my tee shots ... that I have started hitting the driver into play!!!

Hopefully this is the start of a new "up" cycle in my game ... and just in time for both the upcoming MGS Pinehurst trip and for the Callaway driver test & review! 

OK, some deets (after checking and editing my round in ShotScope)...
.. #10 (played the Back 9 late in the day) - couldn't hit it better, solid contact straight down the middle into a light headwind and for me a bomb @ 235 yds!!

20230529_115839.jpg.af216b89eec43906499f7f2612f15e62.jpg
^ yep that's one of Yellow Balls east coast buddies sitting pretty in the middle of the fairway, although... he could've rolled just a few more times for me and caught that downslope towards the green 😆

.. #15 - straight where I was aiming and another for me bomb at 235 through the dogleg and just into the rough;
.. #17 - couldn't hit better, straight where I was aiming into a slight headwind and slightly downhill for another relative bomb @ 240 yds!!

Four other holes I used the driver I got solid contact but each time blocked (or pushed) it right a bit into the rough; except for one each of those was playable .. only one was stuck behind a few tress and required the ole punch-out.

So sorry to brag but I'm happy that I seem (fingers crossed) to have broken through this barrier that's held me back.

Unfortunately ended up with my typical just over bogey golf score at 47 due to chunking irons on both of the short Par 3s, plus 3 count 'em three 3-putts and then one 2-chip from a greenside bunker on #18 that I just didn't hit hard enough to get all the way to the green... So it wasn't all unicorns and rainbows! 

Highlight hole of the day was the Par 5 #17 - hit one of those nice drives into the left-center of the fairway; took out the Cleveland Hy-Wood to try to move the ball down towards the front of the green .. caught it nicely with a slight fade at the end to leave me a 70 yd pitch uphill onto the tiered green .. with the flag on the small-ish top tier; punched a PW just right to hit into the slope and get the bounce and roll up onto that top tier and about 7 - 8 feet left of the flag! 
...'course then I choke on the outside chance birdie putt and turn the hole into a 3-putt bogey but whatdaheck I'm still pleased with three good golf shots in a row!!

What course is that Chuck? (just curious if I’ve played it) I’m trying to picture that hole and i can’t.

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

Just now, Grand Stranded said:

What course is that Chuck? (just curious if I’ve played it) I’m trying to picture that hole and i can’t.

The Muttontown Club #10. Lemme know next time you're up here .. with a working back 😉 .. and we'll give it a go!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg