MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

We had 38 players on Saturday, scores ranging from 79 to 100.......I was way up there with a 46/51=97......Ugh!

I chipped like Tiger Woods, then when we made the turn, my glutes shut down and i could not get them to fire again........HOWEVER, I chose to continue and did not withdraw.  I think I need to make myself concentrate more when I am inside 85 yards.   On the #1 handicap hole I was 85 yards out in 2, then flew the green and went O.B.  That's how my day went.:(

Had the most roller coaster of a round in recent memory. Was -3 at one point and finished with a 76. Round included 2 doubles, a triple, 5 bogeys and 6 birdies. All highlighted by a walk back uphill the 560 yard park 5 15th because I had left a wedge on the previous hole.

Edit: just realized that I cannot do math and the 76 I shot is really a 78. $Hit

My private hell this week.  Staying at Wynn on the strip in Vegas with a view of the golf course and no time to get out and play.  When I checked in last night they gave me the option of a strip view or country club view....I chose the country club just to torture myself.

• Like 1

We had 38 players on Saturday, scores ranging from 79 to 100.......I was way up there with a 46/51=97......Ugh!

I chipped like Tiger Woods, then when we made the turn, my glutes shut down and i could not get them to fire again........HOWEVER, I chose to continue and did not withdraw. I think I need to make myself concentrate more when I am inside 85 yards. On the #1 handicap hole I was 85 yards out in 2, then flew the green and went O.B. That's how my day went.:(

I had issues with my glutes as well they were firing way too much, and sometimes they were loud, other times they were SBD, but at least they were firing

• Like 4

I also felt like I should have been scantily dressed and standing on the street corner in the red light district, since I was hooking all day with the irons, 30 yard hooks with 8 irons, not good

• Like 3

My private hell this week.  Staying at Wynn on the strip in Vegas with a view of the golf course and no time to get out and play.  When I checked in last night they gave me the option of a strip view or country club view....I chose the country club just to torture myself.

I know the feeling!  I have stayed at the Marriott across the street with the view of the Wynn course.  Not a soul on it either.

I know the feeling!  I have stayed at the Marriott across the street with the view of the Wynn course.  Not a soul on it either.

Worst part is I could play it at any time for nothing.....just killing me!

Worst part is I could play it at any time for nothing.....just killing me!

Lucky. If they offered that to me I'd suddenly come down with the flu, or ebola, or frankly whatever disease I could think of first.

• Like 1

I also felt like I should have been scantily dressed and standing on the street corner in the red light district, since I was hooking all day with the irons, 30 yard hooks with 8 irons, not good

What's a hook?

What's a hook?

We'll lets see, it resembles the throwing of a boomerang, only it usually disappears before it gets back to you

• Like 1

We'll lets see, it resembles the throwing of a boomerang, only it usually disappears before it gets back to you

Also can on occasion result in a  glass shattering sound and cart screech.

Played today. Oof is all I can say. I hit the irons at the range yesterday pretty well, and then today the wheels came off, along with the doors, and i'm pretty sure the engine as well. I drove the ball ok, I had some good ones and some meh ones, but on one hole alone I had a double hit (hit the shaft) a top, a screamer, a chunk and a wedge with no spin. I've been trying to figure them out for a while now, but think towards the end I figured out what I was doing wrong... even though I put one in the water. 

Side note: finished with two birdies, but shot around 100. Missed my first hole in one by all of 4 inches, and the ball had to slide across the front. Also drained a thirty footer for birdie, but still am depressed about the lack of iron play.

When you hook the ball as badly as I have been, you just aim at the woods on the left and hope you end up somewhere near or around the green, I had a lot of ho-hum bogeys, I missed probably 10--- 10 footers for par. On a side note, no clubs were thrown.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

We had 28 players yesterday and I tied for first with +3 points. I shot a 47/43=90 with one birdie......a side hill putt from 3 feet off the green to a fast running green about 12 foot putt.

It was 40* when we started but warmed up to a balmy 58*.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

We had 28 players yesterday and I tied for first with +3 points. I shot a 47/43=90 with one birdie......a side hill putt from 3 feet off the green to a fast running green about 12 foot putt.

It was 40* when we started but warmed up to a balmy 58*.

It's been 80 here all week. I feel for you guys and gals in the northern climates. As much as I like it down here sometimes, I do miss the cold.

It's been 80 here all week. I feel for you guys and gals in the northern climates. As much as I like it down here sometimes, I do miss the cold.

I don't miss the cold at all! This weekend was great. Highs in the 60's; no wind and sunshine. Absolutely perfect weather. Wish I could say my game was perfect... But I can't. Saturday sucked, but today was a little better. Still trying to shake out the cold weather muscles. I have been stretching, but I need to do a lot more!

Interesting day on the course today.  It was the coldest night in several years getting down to 34.  The frost backed the course up an hour but we were playing Chi Chi Rodriquez a nice little 5500 par 69, 6 3's, 3 5's, 9 4's.  Because the 5's are short and the 3's vary in length you get to hit all of your clubs.  I had some issues with the adapter on my driver shaft so it stayed with the club repair guy while I hit the course.  They let me use a demo driver but I didn't like it so I went with 3 wood all day. 

It' a really fun course, very tight, nice green complexes, saw a huge gator sunning himself by a friend's ball.  I'd say he rushed his chip a bit. I shot a 76 which wasn't great but I was also giving up 30 yards off the tee and it was cold.  I hit every par 3 in regulation including the 210 yard one.  Didn't make birdie until I hit a great pitch on 18 after I went 3 wood, 3 wood to be just short of the greenside bunker on the par 5. 

The highlight of the day were the 3 shots I hit with my new 4 hybrid, down the gut to a perfect spot on a short par 4, ripped out of a fairway bunker leaving a nice approach on one of the par 5's and 25 feet left of the pin from 175 into the wind on a par 3.  It's in the bag for good and I'm starting the search for a 5.

• Like 2

We had 37 players this morning. My game however did not show up. I have been moving furniture, caulking new baseboards etc. And I just could not get my hips and shoulders to work together.:(

Made a few long putts and had a couple awesome approach shots with my Mizunos, but I really struggled getting off the tee.

We had 37 players this morning. My game however did not show up. I have been moving furniture, caulking new baseboards etc. And I just could not get my hips and shoulders to work together.:(

Made a few long putts and had a couple awesome approach shots with my Mizunos, but I really struggled getting off the tee.

A little different day than Friday weather wise. You will appreciate that I went to Rays Fanfest yesterday and my arms and back are killing me from pushing Penny's chair on the AstroTurf. It was worth, we got a ball signed by Alex Cobb and Kevin Keiermeyer, my favorite Ray and hers. I was going to ht balls after church and I can barely move.

• Like 1

Last 3 games have been good in the 70's. Seems that eve since I started choking up on the clubs, and getting the hands a bit closer in, I'm making fantastic contact. Last two rounds with the new Srixon Z-Star. Mmmmm

• Like 1

Last 3 games have been good in the 70's. Seems that eve since I started choking up on the clubs, and getting the hands a bit closer in, I'm making fantastic contact. Last two rounds with the new Srixon Z-Star. Mmmmm

Maybe the lie needs to be tweaked a bit more upright so you don't have to choke down that little bit.