Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

It was 304 yards — I fixed that typo.

Still a great tee shot. I did have one this year at 405. It did run down the cart path and settle into a perfect place for a gap wedge into the par 5. So, was thinking you had the same result.

Play like a champion today!

Yet another in a long line of rounds that I let slip away. Started with a double after a non existent warm up, which I wasn’t too disappointed in. Bogeyed the next and managed to get things back on track with my short game really working. Turned 2 over. Parred the first 4 on the back 9 followed by a soft 3 putt bogey. With 3 holes to go I was 2 better than my handicap and proceeded to finish double, bogey, bogey. Ended up 8 over playing off 7 (yet again, again, again)

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

19 minutes ago, Peaksy68 said:

Yet another in a long line of rounds that I let slip away. Started with a double after a non existent warm up, which I wasn’t too disappointed in. Bogeyed the next and managed to get things back on track with my short game really working. Turned 2 over. Parred the first 4 on the back 9 followed by a soft 3 putt bogey. With 3 holes to go I was 2 better than my handicap and proceeded to finish double, bogey, bogey. Ended up 8 over playing off 7 (yet again, again, again)

I feel like that’s how the round ends for me more often than not as well. 

:titleist-small: TSi3 10° w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 1K Black 65g

:titleist-small: TS2 15° 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 70g

:titleist-small: 818 H1 21° Hybrid w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 70g

:mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC 2 iron w/ KBS Tour C-Taper S 120g

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 HM 5-GW w/ Project X LZ 5.5 115g

:Sub70: JB Forged 54° & 58° w/ Project X LZ 6.0 120g

:EVNROLL: EV5.3 Black

Been having trouble breaking 90.  Twice shot 90 on my two rounds over the weekend.  Three doubles on the front and three on the back didn't help.  My struggle has been getting off the tee consistently.  Have the pulls left which costs me.  Chipping was good.  Had three tap ins for par.  Only one three putt. 

Srixon Driver ZX5 Mk II

Srixon ZX Fairway 3 Wood

Titleist 904 F Fairway Wood 5 Wood 19° Graphite Design YS-6+ Graphite Stiff Shaft

Titleist AP3 irons

Titleist 52 degree gap wedge

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56 degree wedge

EVNROLL ER2 putter 33 inches

Got out to test the aches and pains and play 18 last evening.  I think i may have figured out a 3/4 swing i can use off the tee and keep it in play.  My driver is leaning toward an ottophlex setup as i tried a more flexible shaft than the accra.  I may have to research the thread and go full ottophlex next!

Anyway, if i could get to the 140 or less yardage to the green last night i had a 3/4 iron swing that worked pretty well.  The 100 yard mark was especially good to me as i hit 3 wedges to kick in distance.  It has been so dry the fairways were running like bowling alleys so the course played shorter than its 6100 yards which helped a lot too.  I made it around in 74 which makes me think i can play to my handicap in the league this week.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Played 9 walking yesterday afternoon - Florida hot and humid, heat index right around 100, 9 is about it.  I greatly prefer walking 9 to riding 18 though.  It's become my new favorite way to play.  Shot a very nice 39 at St. Pete Country Club.  The course was not in great shape - while we've had lots of rain at my house that has made its way to Bayou and Mangrove Bay (the muni that I play for league) South St Pete has had very little.  The course was dry and hasn't healed from last month's aeration.  It's the best walking course in our area though - by far - I enjoy it for that reason.  It was pretty windy out - it's on the tip of the Peninsula so it's close to water on three sides - it is often windy there - 

Playing tomorrow in league, Friday with Larry D at his club (love that course, wish I lived closer) and then 18 with my son Father's day at Bayou.  I'm playing more of late and my game is showing it.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Better day today. Shot 43. Weather was upper 50's with stiff 18-20 winds. Play flowed nicely with no real delays. Beats Fri for sure.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

40/45 today at Desert Springs.  I jumped on the bogey train from #9 through #14, repeatedly pulled the rope, but couldn't get off.  I 3 putted several GIR holes which really gets me talking to myself.  Two were quite long lag putts but I've seen more 3 putts in the past week than I care too - that's got to stop. I did birdie two par 3's, so something positive.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Shot a 50 today on the front nine of forest hills. Only hit 3 solid drives, the rest were like i forgot how to hit the club and barely hit it. One of those bad drives still resulted in a par due to good scrambling.  With that, my tee game was lowest SG for the day. My approach play was fairly good and short game and putting decent (still had 2 more three-putt holes than I wanted but got off set by 3 one-put holes

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Good league morning. Started at 47 degrees but at least the sun was out. Ended at 65 degrees and shot a 41. A score I'm happy with. It was a good walk for sure.

D- Ping G 400 SFT

16*- Adams Tight Lie

19*- Adams Tight Lie

4H- Ping G 400

5-U- Ping G 400

SW- Nike

56*- Ping Glide 2

P- Sub70 004 Mallet

I shot 39 in league tonight. Overall, happy with the score, but upset with my putting. Lipped out a 4 foot par putt and 3-putt bogey from 40 feet. If I erase those, I'm sitting right around level par. My gam is trending in the right direction, I just need to get out and practice and play more consistently. Looking forward to more rounds soon!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS

Hybrid: SIM 2 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-P

Wedges: Sub70 TAIII 50, 54, 60

Putter: Mizuno M.Craft Type 03 Putter

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball Review

Rapsodo MLM2Pro Launch Monitor Review

Unofficial Mizuno Type III Putter Review

Played 9 today before league and shot a 49. Took a few penalty strokes on OB shots so overall not awful with where my game is. Really struggled off the tee but my iron striking was better than it has been recently. Still having a hard time with long irons and at this point it’s as much a mental block as it is physically with my swing. I also know it’s not an overnight fix, just need to keep working at it. My 8 iron and down continues to be pretty reliable, but I am just struggling with 7 iron and up. Ball striking with my woods from yesterday’s range session didn’t carry over, but I think I am getting in my own way. Definitely getting too steep in transition and missing high toe. 

In league the same trends followed. I managed to hit two decent drives and my short game was solid along with my putting. Think I will take the day off tomorrow as I am playing in a scramble outing Thursday so want to let my back and body rest a bit. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

The struggle was real today…

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

All good things must come to an end....

My streak of at or below my handicap golf has come to an abrupt end. I couldn't keep my drives on the planet last night and it really started the second I put on the second rain glove (it was just getting too wet not to) - 2 penalties and a few really sketchy places to try to play from. A steady rain through about half the round really didn't help and luck was not on my side either. Even the hole I had a decent drive wasn't great - I had a second shot with the pin back. Arccos claimed it was playing 166 to the back edge. For me a stock 7 iron is 160 - perfect choice that should have put me in the middle of the green. I don't know if the wind died or if I hit it so solid it ignored the wind, but I ended up 10 yards over the green. I had almost no green to work with and the green slopes pretty severely back-to-front - no chance to get it close, I just had to make sure I didn't get too cute and leave it in the rough short. Not much chance I was going to make a 30 footer for par. All told, I ended up +11 with a birdie, a par, 3 bogies, 3 doubles, and a triple.

Earlier in this thread, @Sluggo42 suggested I could be at a new "plateau" with my scoring (he loves that word) and to not necessarily expect a big blow-up. In prior years, my big blow-ups were in the low 50's. With as bad as I played last night, I don't feel like it could have been much worse, so maybe (hopefully) he's right.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Shot 38 in league last night - another way to put it might be I turned a 35 into a 38 - putted terrible and by terrible, I mean terrible.  The greens at my league course are radically different from the ones at my club.  Normally I hit the practice green at Mangrove on Monday lunch time or after work to recalibrate my stroke because they are so slow.  I had too much to do yesterday and didn't.  I won't make that mistake again.

It's interesting to me to read about temps in the 40's and 50's.  Our heat indexes are north of 100 right now.  Still walked but it was very hot when we started.  Fortunately some cloud cover rolled in and the last hour was comfortable.  

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

man oh man, monday I played great, yesterday I had an out of body experience, in a bad way...very disappointing, couldn't get off the tee, iron play was terrible and putter was cold, not a good combination, and was playing a club team match to boot, I got dusted by a really good player from Gorge Vale, a gentleman as well, didn't laugh too hard at my misfortunes... 

Nice thing about sports, today can be better, have a good one...

committed to performance excellence

9 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

The struggle was real today…

Aggrevating as it is, be patient and just know it's a phase.  Where phases come from and why they show up we, more often than not, don't know 🤪.

PS... I rest my case (see post above) 😆

Played Tenison Highlands in Dallas on Sunday.. sadly it had only been 5 days since they punched the greens and after some midweek rain, the greens were hairy and bumpy. 35 putts later... and they played the dallas amateur there that afternoon - can only imagine how frustrated those qualifiers were. Hit the driver well, essentially in the fairway til the last 2 holes. It's a shorter course when i'm not playing the tips so I had a ton of wedges in.. loosing my wedges a couple yards right which made putts difficult from about 15 feet with all the bumps and breaks of a freshly punched green. Did have a 4 foot birdie put take a bad hop left on a left to right breaking putt right at the hole.. wanted to throw the flagstick into the pond.. Finished bogey bogey for a 74, managed 2 birdies. All in all game is coming around, off the tee and chipping is rounding out nicely, and getting the chance to play a bit more regularly in the summer months will help with touch around the green and general course management when the heat starts to make the swing a little lazy.

Chaz

Cobra LTDx LS, KingTech Hybrid, Srixon 2-iron
4-Gap Srixon ZX7s, Vokey Wedges and Spider 

7 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Earlier in this thread, @Sluggo42 suggested I could be at a new "plateau" with my scoring (he loves that word) and to not necessarily expect a big blow-up. In prior years, my big blow-ups were in the low 50's. With as bad as I played last night, I don't feel like it could have been much worse, so maybe (hopefully) he's right.

Max! It was pouring rain! A round played in rather inclement weather doesn’t truly reflect your current game… 99% of us wouldn’t even play in the rain

So even though I scored only 3 better than yesterdays game, I hit way more good strikes today. Todays focus was on balance and posing after the swing. Good swings typically ended up with a good pose to watch the ball fly…

I had a cruddy run of +4 on 6,7,and 8, which was what ruined todays round, and only +1 for everything else, and those are pretty easy holes. I got a real lousy bounce off a great drive into the drink, and then 3- putted.. gahhh for a double.. those babies hurt…

This week I think I found a good routine.

I played 4 days in a row before I took a day off today. Normally I'd be exhausted and I like to think I'm getting in better shape has some effect here, but I also chose courses that didn't wear me out.

With prices surging on a summer weekend, I used golfnow discounts to ride 9 holes Saturday at a ~2100y course. Sunday I got the cheapest hot deal to walk 9 holes ~2800y. Monday I went at twilight to the County Executive and walked 18 ~3200y and finally yesterday was a full 18 holes ~5700y with Dad.

My drive on #18 yesterday was 260y just off the front of the green, about 40y better than my average and I played the final 6 holes at +1 (-3 net) so I was the opposite of tired at the end of 4 days and 54 holes scheduling it this way.

Finding a way to turn birdies into bogeys since 1992. #TeamChunks

'23 Forum Tester: image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.png Elixir Golf Ball

WITB:image.png.3fd681db3510b6ca5b9cd8746bbb1447.pngTS2 10.5° @ 11.25° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgTensei blue AV 55 R graph•917f2 15° @ 16.5° Screenshot_20230525_003120_Chrome2.jpg.453ea23fc579d3ff5d81168fdd3d1632.jpgDiamana blue x5ct dialed 70 R graph•image.png.34e4547e173a54172ff78e7545cfce3c.pngStealth 22° image.png.3e3fd052b67b6f62d3666b666d7109fe.png Ventus red 6 (non-velo) R graph• image.png.8fb479c452fc063454e923dea514c13d.png699u 2i 17° image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png tgi 70 R graph•24° image.png.d2eb192c22d125fefbd3607df7e0b327.png Tour v 90 black pvd R steel•699 6i-PW image.png.9a4846088e26973fb7fe5624bddbdc81.png Tour 110 black pvd R steel• image.png.eca9fa52c016ce4745893f387fef46df.pngSM8 50°/08° @ 52°/10° SM8 stock steel• image.png.3a7bdc80b43a23d4e08c16f2f319cc28.pngJaws Full Toe 56°/12° Screenshot_20230525_002154_Google2.jpg.c2d23d7abfb8451e510d254517410b64.jpgDG Spinner TI steel •image.png.98634e318580c192c5682c5d7f2a763a.png c series DW 2.0 slant neck stock steel•image.png.13e1aa1ef13bc0a92bb27f2e4df082a9.pngPhantom 2 gps•Tour v3 rangefinder•image.png.9f90721cd28bc7b0a9c9a7080e1e9365.pngElixir golf ball•

20 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

We had an unexpected day off today due to a parts issue and me and some of the guys decided "You know what? It's a good day to play some golf".

We played Indian Trace in Chatsworth, GA as it was middle ground for two of us since we had to go home and get our clubs. There was a threat of rain and it wasn't looking good for the home team as I was driving down. 

The rain held off until we teed off on the 10th hole and was nice and steady until we got to the 12th. It then decided to pour down on us and we decided since we couldn't hold on to our clubs, we would scrap scoring on the back and use it for practice. It finally let up in the 16th and was nice until we left.

20230614_125554-01.jpeg.6a1b9763b56bb78806b1c4f132b14088.jpeg

I shot a respectable round of 54 and had what was the best day of ball striking I can remember. I hit 5/7 fairways and one of the fairways I missed was the 6th hole and I hit the fairway, but it slopes from right to left and rolled down into the rough.

20230614_113313-01.jpeg.be5101fcafe47bdad582900ee1b87bee.jpeg

I think I only hit one crappy full shot where I topped a fairway wood. The fairways, hybrids, and irons were money otherwise. 

I

Could

Not 

Putt

I had 26 putts on 9 holes.

3 3 putts

3 4 putts

I was reading the greens and hitting my lines, but I could not get the ball to the hole. Honestly, it was the worst day I had on the greens that I can remember. We have been playing fast greens and today they were slow. I'm talking me running slow. I'm not a runner, never have been.

I'm not going to beat myself up over it, I finally figured it out the last couple of holes. It wasn't the putter, I just can't figure out slow greens quickly.

We had a blast, though. It was good to see my friends brother hitting the ball better than I had before. One of my other friends was kind enough to a act as a spotter on one hole. 

20230614_120601-01.jpeg.badcc40d6200a61e34c6713a6d3220b9.jpeg

(there might have been drinks involved)

We saw some wildlife.

20230614_153308-01.jpeg.3c97437216797f4f1312317a7671ba23.jpeg

Plus I got a couple of photos of the two holes that make this course special, #11 and the approach on #12.

20230614_134045-01.jpeg.ee20f3d32b3241c3f3b52cf310035d33.jpeg20230614_152243-01.jpeg.dcdbe5800143bf2378b81d15b9c763e3.jpeg

Did you poke the Rat Snake for good luck? I mean you are playing Cobra's afterall 😉.  Sounds like a fun day playing sorta hooky from work.  We did that occassionally, and often without near as good a reason as you had 😆.

15 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Did you poke the Rat Snake for good luck? I mean you are playing Cobra's afterall 😉.  Sounds like a fun day playing sorta hooky from work.  We did that occassionally, and often without near as good a reason as you had 😆.

I thought about going over and picking it up to pet it. I have a friend at work who would be proud of me for doing so, he catches snakes for fun and takes photos with them. I thought I'd let this one go on peacefully with its life, rat snakes are cool in my opinion.

I got a video of the little fella, I would guesstimate he was 5+ feet long.

38/43 in our Individual Stableford today for a net even par. Only one double that came on one of my best drives of the day. Inexplicably shanked the 8i and then thinned my AW over the back of the green.  I only missed one FIR and several of the handful of missed GIR's were on the apron.  Even better is that I only had one 3 putt 👍. Real happy with my consistency since the restart... of sorts.

Interesting that Brooks talked about this very same thing in his media interview yesterday.  That is that he came back too soon, opting to play through the discomfort.  This caused him to start manipulating his swing to offset the pain.  When he finally got well after the layoff, he had to remedy all the bad swing habits.