How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Had a great range session today and since I was going to have a hard time getting on the course tomorrow, I played today. Well, the slump is still in full effect. Shot a robust 57/55 for 112 hitting 4 fairways and zero greens with 37 putts. 

Driver was decent, when it was on, it was on fire. When it wasn't, I wanted to set it on fire. I had lots of just straight up nasty lefts. I also hit my second and third longest drives recorded on Arccos. Screenshot_20210501-200103-01.jpeg.a665c3fa38ce03920628b012322c673d.jpegScreenshot_20210501-200121-01.jpeg.d3c52ca1ec9ffffa167795b70422001c.jpeg

As you can see, my iron play was horrendous. I was either pulling them or shanking. My wedge game over 30 yards wasn't too good either, but if you put me inside 25 yards, I was deadly. I had 4 short chips scare the hole and was hitting some nasty @Shankster low spinny shots. Those shots are just fun to hit. If I can get my iron game figured out, I think I can get into the low 90's and even possibly high 80's. 

I was playing solo and stuck behind a foursome that didn't know the meaning of "do you want to play through? ". They were slow and it got me all out of whack. 

My game will get there and I'll really appreciate it once I get things straightened out. It was a beautiful day just to be outside and I've got a couple of days I'm taking off work next week that will be good to play again. 

Keep on keepin on man you’ll get there. Good wedge play is secretly becoming the favorite thing in my game. Low spin and check is a beautiful thing to watch

• Like 8

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Keep on keepin on man you’ll get there. Good wedge play is secretly becoming the favorite thing in my game. Low spin and check is a beautiful thing to watch

You ain't kidding about the hop and check, it's just something to see. I had one on the fourth hole with the green running downhill. I opened up the wedge, hit the shot, and watched it hit, spin and go slightly left, and stop around 4 feet from the hole. It was mesmerizing. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Had a great range session today and since I was going to have a hard time getting on the course tomorrow, I played today. Well, the slump is still in full effect. Shot a robust 57/55 for 112 hitting 4 fairways and zero greens with 37 putts. 

Driver was decent, when it was on, it was on fire. When it wasn't, I wanted to set it on fire. I had lots of just straight up nasty lefts. I also hit my second and third longest drives recorded on Arccos. Screenshot_20210501-200103-01.jpeg.a665c3fa38ce03920628b012322c673d.jpegScreenshot_20210501-200121-01.jpeg.d3c52ca1ec9ffffa167795b70422001c.jpeg

As you can see, my iron play was horrendous. I was either pulling them or shanking. My wedge game over 30 yards wasn't too good either, but if you put me inside 25 yards, I was deadly. I had 4 short chips scare the hole and was hitting some nasty @Shankster low spinny shots. Those shots are just fun to hit. If I can get my iron game figured out, I think I can get into the low 90's and even possibly high 80's. 

I was playing solo and stuck behind a foursome that didn't know the meaning of "do you want to play through? ". They were slow and it got me all out of whack. 

My game will get there and I'll really appreciate it once I get things straightened out. It was a beautiful day just to be outside and I've got a couple of days I'm taking off work next week that will be good to play again. 

Were you playing or describing my game??? 🤣 

How do you like the Arccos? Do you have any issues with missing shots? I played 6 rounds so far and seems like every hole it misses a drive or a pitch. I also feel like it doesn't track putts very well for me even when I mark the hole location with caddie link. I use it for the GPS too so I feel like I'm getting distracted by it making sure shots are logged when getting ready for my next shot.

• Like 4

Bag: Sun Mountain 4.5 14 way

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 deg (set to 9.9 deg/"little minus") Oban Devotion 6 Stiff 65g Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

3W: Ping G410 14.5 deg Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange Stiff 70g Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

Hybrids: 19 deg and 22 deg Ping G410 hybrid Mitsubishi C6 Black Stiff 80g Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

Irons: 5-PW Irons PXG 0211 KBS C Taper Tour 120 Stiff -0.50" Grip GP MCC Plus4 Midsize

Wedges: 50, 54 and 58 deg Callaway MD5 JAWS 10 deg bounce S Grind Grip GP MCC  Plus4 Midsize

Putter:  PXG Gen2 Spitfire Armlock 37.5" SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 17"

Game Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X

20 minutes ago, RDel90 said:

Were you playing or describing my game??? 🤣 

How do you like the Arccos? Do you have any issues with missing shots? I played 6 rounds so far and seems like every hole it misses a drive or a pitch. I also feel like it doesn't track putts very well for me even when I mark the hole location with caddie link. I use it for the GPS too so I feel like I'm getting distracted by it making sure shots are logged when getting ready for my next shot.

I love Arccos, it gives me an honest and brutal assessment of how I'm playing and where I need to improve. I do occasionally have issues with missing shots. Yesterday on the 10th hole it didn't pick up my drive or my second shot and I had to manually input them. After that, it picked up the rest of my shots on the hole and for the round. 

The main thing you have to watch for is the duffed chip that goes about 5 feet, Arccos won't pick up shots within a certain distance of each other. It can also, as you said, be a bit of a distraction on the green. 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don’t always tell others to follow my habits.  But in this case, I think you should ‘ 

Heck, you have me thinking I need to buy new ones.  Mine are two years old!! 

One of the wedges I regularly use, when lofts permit, is over 30 years old.  It performs rather nicely.  😊

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5" -or- King LTD, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; TBD iron set, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Mizuno TPM-2, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, TM TP5, Kirkland Signature 3pc v2