• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

Posted Images

... What fun! Golf balls are so personal for a variety of reasons. But I have to say the new 2021 TP5x feels a little softer than the previous version. The TP5 already feels pretty soft so hopefully the grounds crew finds one for you. There are many premium balls I could play and be perfectly happy with but the new TP5x checks all the boxes for me. Sounds like the AVX might be a keeper for you. 

• Like 9

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made RBZ Tour 21.5* ... Altus 85S
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

46 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

What....a.....beautiful.......day

Weather was awesome and the round was good.

40/43 with 3 bogeys 1 double and 2 triples. What could have been. I was happy to have 2 steaks of at-least 4 pars.

Driver all day was good. Couple just took the wrong line but had 4 drivers at close to 300 or more. Never took advantage though as I could not wrangle a birdie even though i was in position to a few times.

overall nothing bad consistently the two triples were poor tee shots and bad execution to help myself get back into the hole (both penalties and were not driver related)

C282FCDE-49E1-4070-BB00-760BF849C1CC.png.b846596995e2222127330884a465d1dc.png

this hole I had two great shots and I’m really kicking myself not having anything to attack greens on par 5s. Could have easily reached in 2 and the 4 iron I pured but hit a soft spot and plugged.....

B465A2A5-8A53-4994-ABD3-CF88422ACB71.png.73ac98f197dcafe0344f267a79598e16.png33CDFB62-AB4D-47D2-A099-22ABFE27041C.jpeg.420f6621a747df76d146ec6e43adb31f.jpeg

All in all I’m happy and have never scored this low or hit off the tee this long this early. Very positive.

You are starting out the year on fire! It's a shame the 4 iron ball ended up plugging, having the chance to have an eagle putt would have been exciting. As far as not having looks at birdies, touch seems to be the last thing to come back after a long winter off. Keep it up!

24 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Today was ball experiment day. But it wasn't planned. I was the first one off and the grounds crew was generous with found balls today. They left me a new (once hit) ball on half the holes. So why not try them out. My son now works on the grounds crew so he either leaves me a present or brings them home.

Hole 1, I tried the ProV1X. Made par but I didn't like the feel of the ball. It hit long though.

Hole 2, TaylorMade TP5X. Made par on my nemesis hole. The ball played well but still felt to firm for me.

Hole 3  Top Flight Gamer, came up short in the bunker. Didn't convert so 1 over. 

Hole 4, Calaway Chrome Soft  Made Par but the ball felt good so I kept it in play for another hole.

Hole 5  Bogey. Good drive 2nd shot was long, chip onto green just kept on rolling. Green sloped from back to front. 2 putt. 

Hole 6 Titleist AVX. Good feel, par 3, made par. Decided to keep in play until I stopped doing well.

Hole 7 Good drive, easy par.

Hole 8 Smoked a drive on par 5. First time on in two. Missed Eagle putt but had a tap in par. Starting to like this ball.

Hole 9 and 10 Birdie's

One bogey on 16, I came up right of the green in the sand trap.  Lipped out on my par save attempt.

Parred everything else. So I shot even par for the day but got to try a few new balls. 

Went over to the range after my round to work on my six and seven iron. They are the clubs that put me in the sand. Great weather today, no lost balls, quite a few found balls and I still have some left over to test out.

That's just cool that your son leaves you presents out on the course. I know the Gamer has performed well for you, but it sounds like the AVX might just be a contender. I've been playing the TP5 and love it, but since I'm about to run out of balls I might have to pick up some of the X since there's no regular 2020 5's on the website in the practice  version in the PIX. I thought the patterns would be a distraction, but it makes it easy to find my ball on the ninth hole which is riddled with balls from the range. 

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

You are starting out the year on fire! It's a shame the 4 iron ball ended up plugging, having the chance to have an eagle putt would have been exciting. As far as not having looks at birdies, touch seems to be the last thing to come back after a long winter off. Keep it up!

That's just cool that your son leaves you presents out on the course. I know the Gamer has performed well for you, but it sounds like the AVX might just be a contender. I've been playing the TP5 and love it, but since I'm about to run out of balls I might have to pick up some of the X since there's no regular 2020 5's on the website in the practice  version in the PIX. I thought the patterns would be a distraction, but it makes it easy to find my ball on the ninth hole which is riddled with balls from the range. 

Oh I had the looks, wedges were good today just didn’t make the putts! Everything was good just wasn’t pieced all together on a hole together

• Like 9

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

5 hours ago, Lacassem said:

What....a.....beautiful.......day

Weather was awesome and the round was good.

40/43 with 3 bogeys 1 double and 2 triples. What could have been. I was happy to have 2 steaks of at-least 4 pars.

Driver all day was good. Couple just took the wrong line but had 4 drivers at close to 300 or more. Never took advantage though as I could not wrangle a birdie even though i was in position to a few times.

overall nothing bad consistently the two triples were poor tee shots and bad execution to help myself get back into the hole (both penalties and were not driver related)

C282FCDE-49E1-4070-BB00-760BF849C1CC.png.b846596995e2222127330884a465d1dc.png

this hole I had two great shots and I’m really kicking myself not having anything to attack greens on par 5s. Could have easily reached in 2 and the 4 iron I pured but hit a soft spot and plugged.....

B465A2A5-8A53-4994-ABD3-CF88422ACB71.png.73ac98f197dcafe0344f267a79598e16.png33CDFB62-AB4D-47D2-A099-22ABFE27041C.jpeg.420f6621a747df76d146ec6e43adb31f.jpeg

All in all I’m happy and have never scored this low or hit off the tee this long this early. Very positive.

Blissful Meadows.... It’s not possible to have a bad day there!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

Just now, PMookie said:

Blissful Meadows.... It’s not possible to have a bad day there!!!!

Not when ya get 301 out there!

but seriously it’s a pretty highly underrated course around here. Always has tee times and never disappoints!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 fairways and 13 greens.  25 putts. 4 birds and 4 bogies.. 72

• Like 9

Driver -   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

12 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

2 fairways and 13 greens.  25 putts. 4 birds and 4 bogies.. 72

Didn't you just get a new driver??  😬

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Played Black Bear in Franklin NJ.  I used to live across the road from it.  Very familiar course. 

They added a gold tee, backed up the white and blue, and eliminated black tees.  The blue is basically the black tee now.  So playing from the whites, where the blue tees used to be, felt strange and farther than I'm used to.  

That didn't matter. 

I had the best driving day in years probably.  I just concentrated on taking easy 70% swings.  My swing was probably near dead straight as anything taking off slight left would draw a few feet, and slight right would fade a few, just depended where the face was I assume.  Anyway I was really finding the center of the club.  

Unfortunately that's where it ends.  2nd shots were the worst, pitching, chipping, putting was trash.  I salvaged the back 9 to shoot a 101.  🤣🤣🤣

• Like 9

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg.  Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:mizuno-small:         JPX 825 Pro forged 5-PW.  TT Dynalite Gold R300

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

Putter:              Walter Hagen MS-2 with a nice Wynn grip.   

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

2019: Tested Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020: Tested :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021: Testing :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

49 minutes ago, knightsofnii said:

I had the best driving day in years probably.  I just concentrated on taking easy 70% swings.  My swing was probably near dead straight as anything taking off slight left would draw a few feet, and slight right would fade a few, just depended where the face was I assume.  Anyway I was really finding the center of the club.  

Unfortunately that's where it ends.  2nd shots were the worst, pitching, chipping, putting was trash.  I salvaged the back 9 to shoot a 101.  🤣🤣🤣

I started hitting straighter when I stopped trying to put balls into orbit.  And it sounds like we would have a well matched round of golf if we ever get the opportunity!  Next round this afternoon at my regular course.

• Like 5

Verified Hack, 28 handicap (down 2 in 2020) 🙂  Golfing for exercise and peace of mind.

|> Big Dogs: O'Donnell hybrids 10*, 15*, 19*, 27*, and Ginty 29* trouble club

|> Blades: MasterGrip 3i & 5i, Dynacraft Copperhead 7i, Wilson 8i, CTI 9i, and Worx 55* hybrid wedge

|> Flatstick: Pinemeadow Z-ON M1   

|> App: SwingU/Looper  

|> Club: CoverLogoS-H c sm.png"The World's Greatest Golf Club Without The Course"  www.stickandhack.com

⛳.  :1590477705_SunMountain: C130 Supercharged 🌲  :Clicgear:3.5+  🌳  :taylormade-small:    🏌️‍♂️         EPLogo sm.jpg      StickHackLogo2021-uai-50x185.png.93cce20f8b531850ac1d2054c3d18cd3.png

2020 Official Tester - PuttUp mat logo_full_331d238c-3cab-4f84-ac72-d09e86f448c5_300x-25.png.11580987b80d9d26da7f04a31eadac9d.png

2021 Official Tester - Inesis Waterproof Grip Golf Shoes 1398724741_Inesislogo.jpg.34e215e2c1310a7b31d310ab89f4c188.jpg