How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

2 hours ago, EasyPutter said:

I started hitting straighter when I stopped trying to put balls into orbit.  And it sounds like we would have a well matched round of golf if we ever get the opportunity!  Next round this afternoon at my regular course.

So true.  I think I got my AoA into the + zone by kinda focusing more behind the ball, and the easy swing means hitting the sweet spot.  Had a couple over 250yds and I'm usually in the 210-230 range.  🙂 

• Like 8

:ping-small:        G400 Max, PX Evenflow Blue 6.0s, until the adapter comes loose again in 5 swings. 😥

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, Project X PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg PXV R. Aldila RIP 70 R; King Utility 4i, UST Recoil 780 ES SmacWrap S 

:wilson_staff_small: C300 cast irons 5-PW. Fujikura graphite R 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Finally got back out there again after a little over a month of not being able to tee it up.  Shot my best round of the year (85), with 30 putts (1-3putt).  Pervious best for 2021 was an 89.  Also got to hit my new stick for the first time, well the 7-PW anyway...no shots called for the 6-iron and I'm still waiting for the 4-5-irons to show up.  Definitely left some shots out there as I only hit 6 fairways and 4 GIRs.  Can't wait for the rest of the sticks to arrive. 

• Like 9
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

3 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Saturday was one of those days where things progressively started to click. Started the round off with a triple bogey on the first hole, then went 10-over the rest of the way. My driver was going dead straight all day and I was comfortable with my irons. Struggled a bit with putting as the greens were very slow, making it difficult to get an accurate read on some of the breaks.

1985055062_ScreenShot2021-05-03at11_08_11AM.png.01c232d59ff87d46f08ed3ba21e7487d.png

Shot of the day for me was on hole 6. It's a short, tight par 5 that's designed to force an iron off the tee, but I went driver and cut the corner on the dog-leg as close as I could and ended up in a fairway bunker. I've always struggled with fairway bunkers, but in this case I went with my 7-iron from 150yds out and stuck it to 20 feet. Just missed my eagle putt, and rolled in a 2-footer for an easy birdie.

If I can bring this level of play to a full-length course I feel like I can definitely break 90.

That looks like a fun short course.  Keep up the good work, you got this!

• Like 3
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

12 minutes ago, MrBandit said:

This weekend was a good solid tournament week. Driving, Iron, chipping and putting were working .
Even with the slow shaggy greens, I was able to overcome for the most part. What I like about my game lately is that it has been consistent. 2 parts of my game have been steady Chipping and Putting, and now my driver and irons are starting to fall in line. Am starting to see what everyone here is talking about their game.. maybe just maybe I can join that club.. 🤣😜

image.png.f571ffe888bdbba954e2a1e46acbf445.png

I'd say that's pretty good...and at least you know where your miss is.  Nice round!

• Like 4

On 5/3/2021 at 7:19 AM, ejgaudette said:

Got out yesterday at my local course. Had some flooding on the back nine, not unusual this time of year as it's in a flood plane, so I played the front twice. It was not great. Was working on some things so no real official score for the round, with a number of extra shots to work some things out. Iron play came around after a bit but managed to find a number of green side bunkers. Driving is back to a tough place I can get to where I can't get around on one and just hit wipey fades. Gotta get to the range and get that figured out.

On the plus side the Shot Scope from @fozcycleworked great and didn't miss a shot all round. Not that I really wanted to see the numbers on that one.

Great to hear the SS V2 worked.

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

On 5/2/2021 at 1:28 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I don’t always tell others to follow my habits.  But in this case, I think you should ‘ 

Heck, you have me thinking I need to buy new ones.  Mine are two years old!! 

I’m even searching wedges on internet now😱

Hi Toe👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Played 9 this morning 41, 5 over and felt it was better than that.

weather was warm with light breeze, greens were nice but a little slow.

no birds, no doubles & no lost balls 👍

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

3 minutes ago, Rickp said:

Played 9 this morning 41, 5 over and felt it was better than that.

weather was warm with light breeze, greens were nice but a little slow.

no birds, no doubles & no lost balls 👍

Sounds like a pretty good round and a great day to be out! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Sounds like a pretty good round and a great day to be out! 

Yup, really was.  All 4 of us played well which is a rarity.  

• Like 3

Rick

Left Hand, 

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

On 5/1/2021 at 6:05 PM, seeking70's said:

I shot an 83 (+13) today with 4 doubles on the card... on a course I had never played before today.  This just 2 weeks after I shot an 83 (+13) with 3 doubles and a triple on the card.  Somewhere in between those, I shot a 39 (+3) on a much longer course than either of these with a bogey and a double.

Something has gotta give.  Wish I could find some consistency.

Same score different day, but things seem to be moving in the right direction.  I shot another 83 (+13) on yet another course.  This time, I had 1 double and 1 quad (after hitting my 3rd OB on a par 5).  Greens were still recovering from aeration so the 30 putts I had today was nothing short of spectacular.  I even had two 3 putts (both from long range) which means I had eight 1 putts.  None of those were really long which tells me that my short game was on today.  If I can keep my short game in gear, get the greens to grow in, and eliminate a couple of wayward shots, I can sense the 70's coming soon.

• Like 7

:taylormade-small:M5 9° w/ UST Mamiya PFv2 6F4 @ 45"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ HZRDUS Green 70g, 6.5 @ 42.75"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 5wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 42.25"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash 7wd & 9wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 41.75" & 41"

:srixon-small:Z585 6-7, Z785 8-GW w/ TT AMT White S300@ 37.75" (6i)

:cleveland-small:RTX4 54/10 & 58/3 w/ DGold S400 @ 36"

:odyssey-small:SL EXO Marxman w/ Superstroke Flatso 3.0 @ 33"

On Deck:

:cleveland-small:RTX4 58/9 w/ Nippon Tour 125 Stiff @ 35.75"

took a day off yesterday to play after a Dentist appointment.  I left 6 putts short of at most 2 inches.   It was maddening.  1 of my few birdie attempts that I did have i left that short by about 3 feet. I made that putt for par, but yesterday there were just so many little things that kept messing up for me.  I had a nightmare hole, 4 balls lost. I was even given a mulligan (on the technicality that i hit out of turn) I thought i had honors.  I hit so many good shots and for the score to come out like that was enough to make a grown man cry! 

I can't wait for sunday, my wife gave me permission to golf on Mothers Day.  (feels like a trap) but oh well!  I still love this game.  Just wanted to vent 

• Like 8

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Mizuno JPX EZ 3W, 14U

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

Not a good day today.  Didn't play for a week while in-laws in town, but got out there today.  The greens were punched and sanded 2 weeks ago, but still not fully healed.  They were much slower than I'm used to at our club and the grain was more pronounced than usual, but because of the way the greens are healing, it was very difficult to determine which way the grain was running.  Typically, grain isn't much of a factor at our club, but the greens were in need of cut/rolling.  Anyway, I had a terrible time on the greens today, with multiple 3 putts and far too many burning edges or just short.  I should have known I was in for a bad day when I birdied #1 -- the kiss of death.  Shot a 44/42 from our Blue/Gold combo tees (mix of regular and senior tees).  Just one of those days that I couldn't get the ball in the hole and wasn't striking it quite as crisp as I have been lately.  Oh well!  At least I was out on the course!

• Like 9

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug