How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

Shot an 81 today at a stag day event. Except for two doubles and a triple, I short pretty well... I know... yes,... a triple

I feel your pain.  I took a quad today.

• Sad 3

:taylormade-small:M5 9° w/ UST Mamiya PFv2 6F4 @ 45"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ HZRDUS Green 70g, 6.5 @ 42.75"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 5wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 42.25"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash 7wd & 9wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 41.75" & 41"

:srixon-small:Z585 6-7, Z785 8-GW w/ TT AMT White S300@ 37.75" (6i)

:cleveland-small:RTX4 54/10 & 58/3 w/ DGold S400 @ 36"

:odyssey-small:SL EXO Marxman w/ Superstroke Flatso 3.0 @ 33"

On Deck:

:cleveland-small:RTX4 58/9 w/ Nippon Tour 125 Stiff @ 35.75"

40 minutes ago, Grand Stranded said:

86 yesterday from the Green tees in my Members league should have been a lot better.

I was in perfect position for my 3rd shot into a par 5, 65 yards away. I skulled my 58*, which took off like a rocket ending up in the tall grass 30 yards behind the green.  From there I continued to screw up with the same club and walked off with a snowman. 6 shots to get down from 65 yards... priceless. 🙄

Then just to prove that wasn’t a fluke, I had a similar breakdown on a par 4 a few holes later, taking 6 shots to get in from 90 yards.
Those two triple bogeys left me one shot out of the money. My short game has become a disaster again, and my iron play isn’t much better.

My handicap is skyrocketing, and I’m at a loss right now as to how to fix it. I’m heading up to Long Island tomorrow for my daughter’s wedding next week and won’t be back down to SC for weeks. That means I won’t be able to see my instructor, and need to fix things on my own. 
I’ve been reluctant to take a lesson or put in range time the last couple of weeks because I was worried about my back flaring up before the wedding, so once that’s done, I really need to get to work. Hopefully some drills and practice will turn things around.

It’s so frustrating to hit driver well, make putts, and still not score. When you feel more confident hitting a green with a 4 hybrid than an 8 iron, you’re game is on another level of messed up. I don’t see a lot of other players having this issue, so I guess I’m just special... lucky me! LOL

We’ve all been there!  It’ll get better.

• Like 7

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Take a break, enjoy the wedding.  Golf will be there when you get back. I am in the Same position as you.  Game just falls apart during the round.    got a lesson scheduled with my instructor for Saturday.  Hoping to find out why I keep hitting it in the toe.  I am Probably just over swinging and it will be a 5 minute adjustment.  Hopefully you issue will be an easy fix.   

Thanks.

I’m doing the same exact thing. Everything with my irons is out on the toe. 
I mentioned it after my previous round... I thought I wasn’t rotating enough to get the toe square or slightly closed at impact, which I think will cause impact out on the toe(?)

I know I’m leading with my hands the way I should, but I just can’t center the ball on the face right now. I need to see someone also, to find out if I’m leading too much with the heel in order to “feel” like I’m coming from the inside, it’s my rotation, or just swinging too hard.

Hopefully you’re right, and it’s an easy fix for both of us... do me a favor, let me know how the lesson goes on Saturday? I’m curious to hear what the tell you.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 7

:callaway-small:   Epic Max 9* Cypher
 :taylormade-small: M6 15* & 18* Atmos

:callaway-small:  Super Hybrid 20* (+1*) Recoil ESX 460 

:callaway-small:  Rogue X 5-AW Synergy

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy CB 50* & 56* Synergy

:scotty-small:    Newport 2.0 33.5"

:yes-small:    Tracy 33.5”

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+

Posted (edited)

Shot a 43 (+8) today on a short, but tight 9 hole course.  I did it with 4 double bogies and 5 pars.  It was proverbial feast or famine.  Three of the doubles were the result of a ball in the water.  Not too upset with it.  I know before starting there that the course is a bit difficult.

Links.PNG

Edited by seeking70's
add pic
  • Like 9

:taylormade-small:M5 9° w/ UST Mamiya PFv2 6F4 @ 45"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ HZRDUS Green 70g, 6.5 @ 42.75"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash SZ 5wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 42.25"

:callaway-small:Epic Flash 7wd & 9wd w/ PX HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 @ 41.75" & 41"

:srixon-small:Z585 6-7, Z785 8-GW w/ TT AMT White S300@ 37.75" (6i)

:cleveland-small:RTX4 54/10 & 58/3 w/ DGold S400 @ 36"

:odyssey-small:SL EXO Marxman w/ Superstroke Flatso 3.0 @ 33"

On Deck:

:cleveland-small:RTX4 58/9 w/ Nippon Tour 125 Stiff @ 35.75"

10 hours ago, Grand Stranded said:

Thanks.

I’m doing the same exact thing. Everything with my irons is out on the toe. 
I mentioned it after my previous round... I thought I wasn’t rotating enough to get the toe square or slightly closed at impact, which I think will cause impact out on the toe(?)

I know I’m leading with my hands the way I should, but I just can’t center the ball on the face right now. I need to see someone also, to find out if I’m leading too much with the heel in order to “feel” like I’m coming from the inside, it’s my rotation, or just swinging too hard.

Hopefully you’re right, and it’s an easy fix for both of us... do me a favor, let me know how the lesson goes on Saturday? I’m curious to hear what the tell you.

What about that guy that helped you a year or so ago?  Seemed like that went very well.

• Like 5

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

First warm round of the year for me.  Winter practice appears that it will be paying off, played well once I was able to get into flow.  I arrived late and had no warm up.

A 9 and a pair of 7’s sunk any hope of a decent score but the hole of the day was 17.  A good drive followed up with a solid iron to about 2ft.

E9951E54-CCFE-4AC8-A2F5-9B552031FA4B.png.1e4d3a35fd4c7a9d26a162091b03ea9e.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Last weekend, I went down to Gulf Shores, AL with a group and played at Kiva Dunes, Peninsula Golf Club, and Craft Farms. 4 rounds in 3 days. Had an absolute blast. Last round of the weekend was one to remember as I shot one of my best rounds ever. Shot of the weekend happened to be during the last round. It was holing out from 160 in the rough with an 8 iron. It was tracking the whole way and got to see it drop. Now if it was just on the hole before that one...

76 42/34

2 birdies / 1 eagle

10 FIRs / 12 GIRs

Below is what we dealt with at Kiva Dunes

image.png.8c59817e36052a39ad421c4ddcdc6f43.pngimage.png.5b5ced0dcb4b22cdefa0cb7a2a69c28e.png

Great courses!!! That’s a great trip right there!

• Like 5

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Super Hybrid 17*, Aldila RIP Alpha 105 S, tipped 1”

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All clubs have :Arccos:  In the Winn Dri-Tac 2.0 Oversize grips

Got to play sunday with the pops and brothers after a long lay off from my procedure ✂️

Anyways, shot an 83 that could have been much better if I could make a putt! Had one birdie on the day but had 8 other birdie putts that barley missed!  I'm going to blame the punched greens!  I feel like I've hit every course the week they do that!

Either way it was a solid ball striking and chipping round.  I've been very happy with that after the lessons.

• Like 8

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉

And yet another bad round today!  Putting is normally not an issue for me, but I can't figure out these greens since being punched/sanded -- too slow.  However, ball striking was also off today.  86.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, CarlH said:

And yet another bad round today!  Putting is normally not an issue for me, but I can't figure out these greens since being punched/sanded -- too slow.  However, ball striking was also off today.  86.

It's always nice to have a "bad" round and still break 90!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

:cobra-small:  Speedzone White 10.5*

:callaway-small:Mavrik 4W - 16.5*

:titelist-small: 818 H1 19* Hybrid 😍

:Sub70: 939X 22* Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 Pro Black 5-AW

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 54* and 58*

:taylormade-small: Spider Tour Black on Black on Black

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods 😉

17 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Last weekend, I went down to Gulf Shores, AL with a group and played at Kiva Dunes, Peninsula Golf Club, and Craft Farms. 4 rounds in 3 days. Had an absolute blast. Last round of the weekend was one to remember as I shot one of my best rounds ever. Shot of the weekend happened to be during the last round. It was holing out from 160 in the rough with an 8 iron. It was tracking the whole way and got to see it drop. Now if it was just on the hole before that one...

76 42/34

2 birdies / 1 eagle

10 FIRs / 12 GIRs

Below is what we dealt with at Kiva Dunes

image.png.8c59817e36052a39ad421c4ddcdc6f43.pngimage.png.5b5ced0dcb4b22cdefa0cb7a2a69c28e.png

You forgot to mention you hit one out of the water to tie the hole in match play in the same round! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wasn’t my best today. 90 at a pretty easy course, Bent Brook. I drive it pretty well mostly, average around 280 yards. But irons and chipping were rough. 3 chipped twice and bogeyed the easiest par 5 in the Birmingham metro area. Need to upgrade some irons which I think would help my game somewhat. If I can get a consistent short game 85 will be my ceiling. 

• Like 9