MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

A little different day than Friday weather wise. You will appreciate that I went to Rays Fanfest yesterday and my arms and back are killing me from pushing Penny's chair on the AstroTurf. It was worth, we got a ball signed by Alex Cobb and Kevin Keiermeyer, my favorite Ray and hers. I was going to ht balls after church and I can barely move.

Sounds like you had a great day........we took my grandson to Busch Gardens Sunday afternoon.......lot of waliking and rode a couple rollercoasters. Aiden is 8 and really loves exploring.  I am hopeful that the walking helped me loosen up for next week.

Maybe the lie needs to be tweaked a bit more upright so you don't have to choke down that little bit.

Oh, I'm choking down on purpose, has nothing to do with the lie. We pondered why it's easier to the the ball a few threads ago. Choking down is only beneficial for me as I think club head speed is quicker at contact, and contact is more centered on the sweet spot.

• Like 2

Shot a 83 yesterday, with three triples on the first 5 holes. Also had 3 doubles. And three birdies too. And 9 pars.

That is what you call consistency...

• Like 1

It's what we call golf Sluggo - golf and consistency have little to do with each other - that's why we love to play the game.  Glad you got out - my turn later today.  You all will see that the weather in Florida is very different today than yesterday when you watch the Honda this afternoon or evening.

I'm lucky with SoCal weather, it's always playable, although it was 45* when we teed off at 7:00 AM. Maybe my 4 shirts and jacket had something to do with my early scoring issues

I would pay money for it to be 45* right now with no snow on the ground. Although the forecast is looking up, might be able to get some rounds in the next two weeks.

I would pay money for it to be 45* right now with no snow on the ground. Although the forecast is looking up, might be able to get some rounds in the next two weeks.

That would be tee-shirt weather for y'all on the east now eh?

That would be tee-shirt weather for y'all on the east now eh?

Lol pretty close. 50 is my limit for short sleeves.

Played today and shot 78 - I swear it felt like half of them were putts - pretty close with 37 putts including a nice 3 putt par on a par 5 that I reached in 2.  I had just over 20 feet for eagle and walked off with a par (walk not necessarily being the proper verb.)

Played today and shot 78 - I swear it felt like half of them were putts - pretty close with 37 putts including a nice 3 putt par on a par 5 that I reached in 2.  I had just over 20 feet for eagle and walked off with a par (walk not necessarily being the proper verb.)

Haha, boy I know that feeling. Kinda like skulling back to back chips over the green and back to where the first one was! Gahhhhhh!

• Like 1

I would like to say that I never have done that Sluggo.

Honestly the more likely error for me would be the chunk - I much prefer the chunk for leaving the ball where I started to the double skull - it takes much less time - I'm not a very patient person. :)

We had 39 players today but had to call the game after 14 holes as the rain had soaked the greens to the point they were saturated and input table. :(

And I was playing well up to the back nine......wore FJ rain gloves and several jackets and hats.

All my gear is laid out in my living room trying to dry.

• Like 1

Snow and cold in the Midwest and NE, rain and wind in Florida; sunny and looking pretty good here in the great Pacific NW!

My wife and I walked the course today. She struggled because of the 10-15 mph wind. I birdied the first hole; 170 par 3 straight into a north wind to an elevated green. Of course I had to say: "I could break the course record, theoretically." :) however, that ended shortly because I had all pars except one bogey until a birdie on the final hole. All in all, not a bad day on the golf course!

Played last week and was absolutely brutal with my irons. Could not hit a single one straight and lost my laser range finder. Tomorrow I'm hoping the course has it.

As for this week I have 3 days off so I'm trying to play at least 2/3 but with a half an inch of rain could be tough to find a course around here that is playable. Got to love the desert.

Played last week and was absolutely brutal with my irons. Could not hit a single one straight and lost my laser range finder. Tomorrow I'm hoping the course has it.

As for this week I have 3 days off so I'm trying to play at least 2/3 but with a half an inch of rain could be tough to find a course around here that is playable. Got to love the desert.

I don't remember EVER playing in the rain in the SoCal or AZ desert.  I envision that the water runs off in arroyos, or whatever they call them, rather than soaking into the ground.  Here in the E. Wash. desert it just soaks into the ground.  Very sandy soil.  We sometimes get a summer T-Storm that dumps a lot of rain in an hour and the course will be dry an hour later.  Agree with loving the desert!!

I don't remember EVER playing in the rain in the SoCal or AZ desert.  I envision that the water runs off in arroyos, or whatever they call them, rather than soaking into the ground.  Here in the E. Wash. desert it just soaks into the ground.  Very sandy soil.  We sometimes get a summer T-Storm that dumps a lot of rain in an hour and the course will be dry an hour later.  Agree with loving the desert!!

Yeah, a really different kind of storm.

I think the group behind me grabbed the laser finder and didn't say it. One of the responses when I asked if they had it was just off. Couldn't quite accuse them, but think they had it.

Course doesn't have it. I'm now back in the market for a used laser finder.

Got my annual checkup tomorrow morning, so I made a tee time for 1:00 with some Buds.... Gonna be sunny, clear and 81*

Yeah, a really different kind of storm.

I think the group behind me grabbed the laser finder and didn't say it. One of the responses when I asked if they had it was just off. Couldn't quite accuse them, but think they had it.

Course doesn't have it. I'm now back in the market for a used laser finder.

That really sucks! Sorry to hear that.

I just got a laser from my wife for Christmas. Haven't used it much yet since I know my practice course so well; I don't really need it there. But I've wondered about losing it. When we are not playing our practice course, we usually ride. I hate leaving my gps or now the laser in a cart in plain sight. I thought about keeping it in the bag pocket marked for a laser but wonder how inconvenient that will be. There are times when I go to a par 3 tee box that may not be near the cart, plus those cart path only rounds when my ball is on the other side of the fairway. lol. That's when I would probably lose it. Set it down; hit, then forget to pick it up.

Got to May today after a month long hiatus. I lost about 15 balls between holes 1 and 7, found a ball in the woods on seven and it apparently fixed my swing, played the rest of the round with it.

Seriously though, every ball I hit on the first seven holes went left, and then went left, and after that they continued to go left, and finally fonished left of there. So it was a push slice fade with and extra helping of slice.

• Like 1

Oh, I'm choking down on purpose, has nothing to do with the lie. We pondered why it's easier to the the ball a few threads ago. Choking down is only beneficial for me as I think club head speed is quicker at contact, and contact is more centered on the sweet spot.

counterweight in the grip might help as well, or Jacks secret grip. Makes the clubhead feel lighter