• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After six years of playing, I got my first hole in one yesterday! Pretty crazy feeling to see the ball drop from the tee box. It was a slight downhill par 3 from 150 yards, got it done with a 9 iron!

🚨 PERSONAL BEST ALERT! 🚨 - 36/39 = 75 (+3) 😍 - 6/15 FIR - 11/18 GIR (2 birdies) - 30 Putts (12 2-putts, 6 1-putts) Cold, dreary morning and the course was pretty empty. I really took my t

+4 75 (40/35) 6/13 FiR 8/18 GiR 28 putts First ace today! #17, 121y PW that dunked into the cup. Best part was the group in front was part of our group, and waved us on since we we

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chip Strokes said:

played 9 this morning at a new to me course. 

43, 7/7 fairways, 2/9 greens, 18 putts

driver was on fire, approach shots weren’t. now that i hit a reliable draw, i have to adjust my setup to accommodate for it. i was going right at flags and ending up pin high but left. 

Important question did you have any 3 putts or all 2fers?

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

32 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Important question did you have any 3 putts or all 2fers?

i 3 putted on #2 then made up for it with a birdie putt on #3

• Like 6

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

3 and 3 for an even round. Iron play is better than ever since the “adjustment”

6 iron from 163...

399C3655-07B2-4C42-B6DB-10BC5F273526.jpeg.8352c594f93c977f7a1f8fabbe6b6e23.jpeg

and a funny piece or irony...

5E6741A4-9392-4318-BC4F-3FD123708BE2.jpeg.e5d94f8c19bc8037c0fb1839e2b7040e.jpeg

Which 4 iron did you stick with?

Oh, and I hope you have insurance Mister!  hahaha

• Like 2
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index

... I m surprised at the amount of rabbits I see daily. I grew up in the country and never saw as many as here in Phoenix on golf courses. One tee box at Aguila has at least 10-15 daily on the far back tips that are never used. I almost always eat an apple and break up the core and distribute it on that tee box for a rabbit treat. 

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made RBZ Tour 21.5* ... Altus 85S
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... I m surprised at the amount of rabbits I see daily. I grew up in the country and never saw as many as here in Phoenix on golf courses. One tee box at Aguila has at least 10-15 daily on the far back tips that are never used. I almost always eat an apple and break up the core and distribute it on that tee box for a rabbit treat. 

My High School mascot was a jackrabbit 🤦‍♂️. Kinda humiliating when all of our rivals were "Toros", Tigers, Mountain Lions, Warriors, Hawks, etc.. but it was more than fitting for our geographic. 

Now just wait until you pull up to a tee box to find a javelina that doesn't feel like going anywhere. That happened to us once out in Gold Canyon. We ended up hitting from the ladies tees because we knew who was boss in that moment. 

Those rabbits are crafty man. They know golfers are usually walking around with stuff like apples, granola bars, sunflower seeds, or other little munchie snacks. Birds are even worse. We've had crows and even hawks fly off with bags of jerky, seeds, etc that are tucked in the basket inside a grocery bag. In the moment it's like wow look at that bird.. and then you're like wait.. gimme back my Jack Links you turd!

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

:taylormade-small:  SIM Max 7°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li x5ct XS  
:callaway-small: Epic Flash Hybrid 18* / Mitsubishi Tensei Silver 70g 

post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TS-1 3 - P / TT DG 105 (S+) 
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedges - 50/6 + 56/12
:cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #4 / Golf Pride Pro Only Red Star 
:taylormade-small: TP5x

Another day of so-so golf ... putting that was "almost", missing fairways, missing greens.  Eeked out a 82, but the double on #18 was disappointing  (pulled my approach shot and it nestled up on the backside of a tree, leaving no shot at all, then having a delicate shot to the upper tier where the pin was, with the slope going away from me -- the double explains how well I handled that shot)

• Like 8

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 3,4, & 5 -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS and SW bent to 52 Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :Sub70: 56* JB 

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Pretty bad day of league. Second league night of the season and I have yet to hit a fairway. Went for a 48 with 3 penalties off the tee box, reeeeally need to clean that up

• Like 6

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

5 hours ago, azstu324 said:

My High School mascot was a jackrabbit 🤦‍♂️. Kinda humiliating when all of our rivals were "Toros", Tigers, Mountain Lions, Warriors, Hawks, etc.. but it was more than fitting for our geographic. 

... I'll try and beat that. We were called the Whirlies with a tornado like smiley face thing. We hated it and my senior year we got a new head coach that made us scream "Be Rough, Be Tough, Be A Whirlie!" Talk about humiliating. Thankfully He wanted to start a sophomore at QB and actually told us the next 2 years would be "throw away years" til his offense became established. So seniors waiting for their chance were SOL. What a moron. He wanted me to play safety and I already had offers at QB, the only position I had played since the 2nd grade. I transferred to a county school and became a Hornet LOL. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made RBZ Tour 21.5* ... Altus 85S
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

Completely utterly confused by this ridiculous game.  Had 4 penalties off the tee today.  All other aspects of my game were lights out and I ended up with a one over par 73.

I wonder what part of my game I should work on?

780268436_Screenshot2021-05-13214843.png.45eb7eef0b68ed04460ea5bbaecba899.png

• Like 9

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: RADSPEED, Fujikura Motore 70 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour STiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black 7

11 hours ago, Mackdaddy9 said:

The game of golf is a fickle mistress.  Yesterday I played and shot the worst score I have made in 5 years, 87 with 6 three putts.  Today I played the same course with the same foursome from the same tees and shot 71.   We play it down and bet heavily so no gimmies or mulligans.  

This game is crazy sometimes.  The major difference was simply confidence in my putting.

I am going to say this and it just may be me, but changing he font to cursive makes you post more difficult to read.  Staying with the standard font is probably best. 

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Played 9 last night but due to it being packed only got in the holes 1-7 and since we were walking we played hole 12 a par 3 which is next to the clubs house on our way back in. Played absolutely terrible ... I just kept topping the driver .. my irons and putting were good .. and chipping with my 58 was money but 54 is just giving me trouble lately .. so need to work on some things at the range. .. but with all that said still had a lot of fun getting out and walking to course ..golf is a beautiful insane frustrating game ... 

• Like 6

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: King Speedzone Black Yellow Fairway 3 wood Tensei AV Blue 65 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway 5 Wood   :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Hot Metal 5 - GW OBAN CT-100 Hard Step S Shafts  

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

:cobra-small: Ultralight Cart Bag 

83 yesterday after a week long rainout. Course was still soft but I walked and my pants/shoes weren't muddy at the end, so not bad, just no roll. As the season started I've struggled with consistency in set up, leading to not hitting shots I want. Then I played like crap 2 rounds in a row.

Penick says play bad once forget it, play bad twice review basics of grip and stance. I'd been messing with my stance without checking my grip. On the 8 hole I looked down and see the V on my left hand pointing straight up. I normally have a very strong grip with Vs to the right of my right shoulder. So rotated my hand over and it was like an old friend returning. All of a sudden the high draw is back.

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1

Take Dead Aim

18 hours ago, bens197 said:

Which 4 iron did you stick with?

Oh, and I hope you have insurance Mister!  hahaha

I went with the PtxPro 4 iron. While I liked the Utility iron, it seemed a little “big”, and out of place. It was easy to hit tho, but not as “precise” if you will, as the PtxPro. I’m just hitting laser shots with that. The utility was a beast off the tee too..

one of my buddies got the hybrid with his “combo” set, and he can’t quit gushing about that...🙄  Maybe because he doesn’t have the other choices. He moved to Florida so I didn’t have a chance to hit it, but hybrids didn’t seem to stay in my bag anyways.

now, ..... I didn’t hit that cart with a ball, it was like that when they assigned it to me yesterday😆

• Like 5
  • Love 1

:callaway-small: MavriK Sub Zero 9* on EvenFlow RipTide 6.0 50g

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:cobra-small: F8 5/6 wood on Aldila NxT GEN MLT R

:Hogan: Combo iron set -8,9,per Icon 5,6,7 PtxPro 4-UiHi on Recoil 780 ES f4 Stiff shafts (best clubs ever)

:benhogan-small: Equalizer 50°, 54°, 60° wedges on Recoil 780 f4

:EVNROLL: ER3 34”

:titelist-small: ProV1x

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 shoes

10 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

I went with the PtxPro 4 iron. While I liked the Utility iron, it seemed a little “big”, and out of place. It was easy to hit tho, but not as “precise” if you will, as the PtxPro. I’m just hitting laser shots with that. The utility was a beast off the tee too..

one of my buddies got the hybrid with his “combo” set, and he can’t quit gushing about that...🙄  Maybe because he doesn’t have the other choices. He moved to Florida so I didn’t have a chance to hit it, but hybrids didn’t seem to stay in my bag anyways.

now, ..... I didn’t hit that cart with a ball, it was like that when they assigned it to me yesterday😆

I remember saying you were fond of the ptx head so it’s nice to see it found a home. Also a huge atta boy to Ben Hogan for making that happen. 

Play well, maybe we should reignite that testing thread a little for old times sake. 

• Like 4
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • TaylorMade MG2 TW 56 & 60 Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5
  • TaylorMade TP5

Western, NY

5.7 Index