Jump to content

How'd you play?


MmmmmmBuddy

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Good and bad day on the course.   10 FW,  11 GIR, 40 putts (wonder what the bad was 🤣)    43/42:85  

I was actually happy with how I hit the ball even though I ended up with 5 doubles.    Amongst those 40 putts were three 3 putts and one 4 putt;  using this as my Grint score since my putting was so terrible;  maybe it was a sign.    

I like the thought process for grint!

  • Like 6

Check out my reviews:

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

My last few rounds have been kinda, ummm, interesting... It's been Hero vs Zero, Stud vs Dud, Hot vs Not, On vs Off, ..., well .. you get the idea... Very little in-between! Even my wife - who usually thinks almost any of my golf shots look "good" to her - remarked she hasn't been seeing many middle-of-the-road / mediocre shots. This is not round to round -- this is hole to hole.

And this applies to every club in the bag ... only the putter has been somewhat steady through a round, although there have been too many 3-putts (rarely a major error; typically a slight mis-read or a slight mis-stroke).

Playing from the forward/Senior tees (67.8/130, 5730 yds) I can make a Par or I can make a Double or Triple (or some sort of "Other"!)...

Anyway, on the bright side here's a "there's a first time for everything" highlight ...
ck_eagle_putt_20210513.jpg.29267f55e21697111f41521e62f054eb.jpg

This a (-potential-) Eagle Putt (!!!) on a short Par 5 (or a really long, for me, Par 4) at about 432 yds from those Green tees (the course has other Par 5s over 500 yds). Nailed the tee shot, got some rollout and caught a bit of a downslope, too; then nailed the second shot (5 hybrid) to the front left of the green and the ball rolled up a little further.

And, yep... juuust missed the approx 15ish foot slightly uphill then slightly downhill and strongly left-to-right breaker, but had an easy birdie (or par). Def not disappointed with it, tho, as I'm pretty happy with having pulled off those two nice shots in a row - especially the approach shot! You can see a bit of bunker on the left, and behind it cutoff in the pic is a higher fescue covered mound; you can see the green is longer than wider, and everything slopes to the right towards the water.

Another positive (to offset the grouchiness at the start 😉) is I'm starting to hit .. occasionally .. my 7i nicely; used it on two approaches in my last round and hit the green both times (whoo-hoo!).

Great hole and some nice shots. Keep up that work. We all have those days where it feels like we can't hit the ball at all. The course there looks like it wouldn't help with all that water. Playing in a large field where its hard to lose a ball I find helps my scores.

  • Like 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

So let me tell you a story. I invited 2 of my buddies out to my club to tee it up and have a good time, it delved in to a nerve racking, stress test of my mental fortitude. The gentlemen are great guys but just casual golfers, when they are playing regularly they can get it a round fine, however they play once every six months. 1 guy on the first tee topped his first two shots (total combined 3 yards) tees another one up, tops it again so bad the ball goes 5 yards backwards, yes behind him. At this point I can barely stand I am laughing so hard. So as you can imagine my expectations were low, just a nice round in good weather with good friends. Fortunately that changed as the round progressed. I made birdie on #1, I eagled #3 something I do once in a blue moon. Made 2 great pars on 7 & 9 with a birdie on #8. Make the turn in 32, my lowest on the front nine ever! I make about a 12 footer on #10 for another bird, so at this point I am -5. We get to the 11 tee and I know what is about to happen. I am going to make huge mistakes in the next 5 holes and be even par. So rather than just hold that in a let it happen I told both of them, "guys I am outta my comfort zone here, going to double 3 of the next 4." I even went a step further and text @PMookie the same thing. -5 pushing the boundaries of where my game is or probably ever will be, so holding on for 8 holes was going to be a chore. #11 is a tough driving hole for me, easy hole but I struggle with starting spot, there is OB right and I hit it about 40 yards left of the fairway in the junk, no biggie, been there many times. Try to punch out it hits a tree, so at this point my prediction is coming true. Chunk one from 50 yards, I am Nostradamus! Bounce blade the next one to 15 feet. And drain it! Bogey, ok that's a win. Next hole is short par 4, drive right down the middle to 38 yards. BLADE it over the green (hard to hit touch shots when your hands are shaking 🤣). Bail myself out again by chipping in, back to -5. Hit good drive and good second to 3 feet on next hole and now I am -6. #14 is a 221 par 3, tough hole bogey is acceptable. Hit it in greenside bunker and missed 8 footer for par, back to -5. Make bogey on 15 from 78 yards, yeah that whole hand shaking thing, controllable on full swings, not so much on short ones. 🤣 Chunk blade 2 putt. 3 holes left and -4 with -5 being my PR on the course. I know the last three holes there is only going to be one more touch shot, so we can navigate this. Easy par on 16, missed 7 footer for birdie on 17 and now I am over the one touch shot on 18 that I knew would be there. And it was short sided over a bunker. Only thing I could do at this point was make sure it got on the green. It did, but barely, hits backside of bunker and rolls down to 15 feet. 15 feet to tie my personal best and shoot 35 on back nine while walking around with my head somewhere detached from my body. The putt never left the center of the hole, it was pretty sweet. A little fist pump and high fives from the guys and I had my 67. 

Shout out to Paul for encouraging me during entire back 9.

Accepting and knowing what the outcome can be and attacking that head on gave me a nice vote of confidence in myself and my game. 

Aren’t “mental coaches” paid for their contributions???

 

Great round!!!! I’ve shot 67 EVERY round I’ve EVER played!!!!!!! You a plus handicap now????

  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Aren’t “mental coaches” paid for their contributions???

 

Great round!!!! I’ve shot 67 EVERY round I’ve EVER played!!!!!!! You a plus handicap now????

Pretty sure they are paid a percentage of the winnings. Sorry I already ate and drank them!

 

Not quite a plus but it is getting better...

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Pretty sure they are paid a percentage of the winnings. Sorry I already ate and drank them!

 

Not quite a plus but it is getting better...

I’m just glad those ladies we played with could continue to be a mental source of inspiration, focus, and calm for you to this day!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

60* & 7:00am Tee Time, nice morning. Shot +6 for the 9, Driver was not great, 2 bad iron shots but chipping & putting were really good.  Another day no lost balls, getting boring.  Not really.

Felt good to have short game coming around again.

  • Like 8

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

So let me tell you a story. I invited 2 of my buddies out to my club to tee it up and have a good time, it delved in to a nerve racking, stress test of my mental fortitude. The gentlemen are great guys but just casual golfers, when they are playing regularly they can get it a round fine, however they play once every six months. 1 guy on the first tee topped his first two shots (total combined 3 yards) tees another one up, tops it again so bad the ball goes 5 yards backwards, yes behind him. At this point I can barely stand I am laughing so hard. So as you can imagine my expectations were low, just a nice round in good weather with good friends. Fortunately that changed as the round progressed. I made birdie on #1, I eagled #3 something I do once in a blue moon. Made 2 great pars on 7 & 9 with a birdie on #8. Make the turn in 32, my lowest on the front nine ever! I make about a 12 footer on #10 for another bird, so at this point I am -5. We get to the 11 tee and I know what is about to happen. I am going to make huge mistakes in the next 5 holes and be even par. So rather than just hold that in a let it happen I told both of them, "guys I am outta my comfort zone here, going to double 3 of the next 4." I even went a step further and text @PMookie the same thing. -5 pushing the boundaries of where my game is or probably ever will be, so holding on for 8 holes was going to be a chore. #11 is a tough driving hole for me, easy hole but I struggle with starting spot, there is OB right and I hit it about 40 yards left of the fairway in the junk, no biggie, been there many times. Try to punch out it hits a tree, so at this point my prediction is coming true. Chunk one from 50 yards, I am Nostradamus! Bounce blade the next one to 15 feet. And drain it! Bogey, ok that's a win. Next hole is short par 4, drive right down the middle to 38 yards. BLADE it over the green (hard to hit touch shots when your hands are shaking 🤣). Bail myself out again by chipping in, back to -5. Hit good drive and good second to 3 feet on next hole and now I am -6. #14 is a 221 par 3, tough hole bogey is acceptable. Hit it in greenside bunker and missed 8 footer for par, back to -5. Make bogey on 15 from 78 yards, yeah that whole hand shaking thing, controllable on full swings, not so much on short ones. 🤣 Chunk blade 2 putt. 3 holes left and -4 with -5 being my PR on the course. I know the last three holes there is only going to be one more touch shot, so we can navigate this. Easy par on 16, missed 7 footer for birdie on 17 and now I am over the one touch shot on 18 that I knew would be there. And it was short sided over a bunker. Only thing I could do at this point was make sure it got on the green. It did, but barely, hits backside of bunker and rolls down to 15 feet. 15 feet to tie my personal best and shoot 35 on back nine while walking around with my head somewhere detached from my body. The putt never left the center of the hole, it was pretty sweet. A little fist pump and high fives from the guys and I had my 67. 

Shout out to Paul for encouraging me during entire back 9.

Accepting and knowing what the outcome can be and attacking that head on gave me a nice vote of confidence in myself and my game. 

Great round and sorry. We have all been there playing over our heads a bit. Way to go holding it to together, even with a bit of luck. Still a level of gold I can't imagine.

  • Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Great round and sorry. We have all been there playing over our heads a bit. Way to go holding it to together, even with a bit of luck. Still a level of gold I can't imagine.

Thanks!

I have collapsed more than once, so I thought I would try a different tactic and talk about it while it was happening. It was very interesting to try to understand how the mental plays with the physical. And it was way better this way than grinding over everything and in the end it not being fun. 

  • Like 8

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Thanks!

I have collapsed more than once, so I thought I would try a different tactic and talk about it while it was happening. It was very interesting to try to understand how the mental plays with the physical. And it was way better this way than grinding over everything and in the end it not being fun. 

Totally get that and will have to try that next time though I normally play by myself so I'll just mutter it to myself and hope no one thinks I am crazy.😁

  • Like 5

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: 5 - PW JPX 919 HM Pro :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Left Dash Pro V1x| Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THEZIPR23 said:

So let me tell you a story. I invited 2 of my buddies out to my club to tee it up and have a good time, it delved in to a nerve racking, stress test of my mental fortitude. The gentlemen are great guys but just casual golfers, when they are playing regularly they can get it a round fine, however they play once every six months. 1 guy on the first tee topped his first two shots (total combined 3 yards) tees another one up, tops it again so bad the ball goes 5 yards backwards, yes behind him. At this point I can barely stand I am laughing so hard. So as you can imagine my expectations were low, just a nice round in good weather with good friends. Fortunately that changed as the round progressed. I made birdie on #1, I eagled #3 something I do once in a blue moon. Made 2 great pars on 7 & 9 with a birdie on #8. Make the turn in 32, my lowest on the front nine ever! I make about a 12 footer on #10 for another bird, so at this point I am -5. We get to the 11 tee and I know what is about to happen. I am going to make huge mistakes in the next 5 holes and be even par. So rather than just hold that in a let it happen I told both of them, "guys I am outta my comfort zone here, going to double 3 of the next 4." I even went a step further and text @PMookie the same thing. -5 pushing the boundaries of where my game is or probably ever will be, so holding on for 8 holes was going to be a chore. #11 is a tough driving hole for me, easy hole but I struggle with starting spot, there is OB right and I hit it about 40 yards left of the fairway in the junk, no biggie, been there many times. Try to punch out it hits a tree, so at this point my prediction is coming true. Chunk one from 50 yards, I am Nostradamus! Bounce blade the next one to 15 feet. And drain it! Bogey, ok that's a win. Next hole is short par 4, drive right down the middle to 38 yards. BLADE it over the green (hard to hit touch shots when your hands are shaking 🤣). Bail myself out again by chipping in, back to -5. Hit good drive and good second to 3 feet on next hole and now I am -6. #14 is a 221 par 3, tough hole bogey is acceptable. Hit it in greenside bunker and missed 8 footer for par, back to -5. Make bogey on 15 from 78 yards, yeah that whole hand shaking thing, controllable on full swings, not so much on short ones. 🤣 Chunk blade 2 putt. 3 holes left and -4 with -5 being my PR on the course. I know the last three holes there is only going to be one more touch shot, so we can navigate this. Easy par on 16, missed 7 footer for birdie on 17 and now I am over the one touch shot on 18 that I knew would be there. And it was short sided over a bunker. Only thing I could do at this point was make sure it got on the green. It did, but barely, hits backside of bunker and rolls down to 15 feet. 15 feet to tie my personal best and shoot 35 on back nine while walking around with my head somewhere detached from my body. The putt never left the center of the hole, it was pretty sweet. A little fist pump and high fives from the guys and I had my 67. 

Shout out to Paul for encouraging me during entire back 9.

Accepting and knowing what the outcome can be and attacking that head on gave me a nice vote of confidence in myself and my game. 

Awesome, awesome round @THEZIPR23! Congratulations on holding it together and tying your personal best. I would've been shaking out of my shoes over that last putt. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...