How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

5 hours ago, Shankster said:

You and me both. 😂😂

That 4 iron I was “planning” to be short on the right hand side of the fairway.

The 3 wood I’ve hit a bigger one, the 200+ 7 iron was the biggest surprise.  Middle flag, I was aiming for the front of the green.

oh to be young again....lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

Played an outstanding round of league tonight!

FIR: 3/6

GIR: 7/9

Putts: 18

Had one birdie, one bogey and one double - the really only "bad" shot of the day for me was on the double. Chunky tee shot left me in front of a tree, so I was going to just punch a 4 iron under some branches and get me a short pitch onto the green...I hit the trunk and bounced it in the water haha. But just a super super solid round otherwise. Arccos had me at a +5 HCP for my approach game, which is by far a best for me. Just feel really good standing over the ball the last few rounds! Can't complain about that!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Right Handed

Driver (9°): :cobra-small: Speedzone (HZRDUS Smoke Green 70g X-Stiff shaft)

2 Hybrid (18°): :tour-edge: Exotics EXS Pro (Evenflow Black 6.5) (2020 MGS Official Review here)

3/Driving Iron (18°): :Hogan: UiHi Iron (KBS Tour V 110g shaft)

Irons (4-PW)  post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS-1's (KBS $-Taper 120g Stiff shafts)

Wedges (50°, 54° & 58°) post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TSW Forged (Dynamic Gold S300)

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2B (2019 MGS Official Review here)

Ball: :Snell: MTB-Black OR MAXFLI Tour OR TP5X

Played in the Senior League Betterball Matchplay for the club yesterday.

Set the scene, my partner and I are 3 for 3 win wise but all the games have been close and we have had to play well to win with matches going down to 17 and 18.

This is the 1st season we have been using the WHS handicap system. I'm playing of 4.9 and partner 11.7, the maximum competitor handicap is 20.

Prior to WHS, anyone off 20 would be 75% of the difference in betterball which would be ((20-5)*75%) 12 strokes with me off scratch. new rules are that you use the Course Handicap so I get 5, but off a slope of 123 20 go up to 23 and it is now 90% difference. So I was giving 16 strokes to 2 guys who never missed a fairway and betterball net were the best part of 8 under. 

Started really well and was -3 gross thru 1st 5 but only 1 up. On the 4th, holed my birdie 3 and walked off the green while the other team were putting for their pars and announced we were one up, they nearly had a coronary. "But we're stroking" I pointed out this was only 1 of 2 holes they didn't stroke on. Next hole put my approach to 3 feet, old boy rolls in a 15 footer for par and turns round to say "you'll have that for a half".  I wasn't driving well at that time with me cutting the ball but not getting into much trouble, sorted things out on the 6th, setup for the cut and hit it up the left side behind trees, 7th big drive ran out of fairway behind trees. So went one down in quick succession. Played steady on the back nine, 2 over for the 5 holes Eventually we got beat 5 and 3, with net birdies on 4 off the 5 holes. Didn't even win their non stroking hole, par just not good enough!  

Enjoyed the course didn't much like the thumping.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

Been a while since I've posted here but have been able to play a decent amount. Hitting about the 6 month mark of being able to play consistently and progress has slowed as the bigger jumps in score have ceased, which is to be expected. Shot a 93 which was an overall pretty solid round. Experimented with trying to aim for the widest miss, especially off the tee, no matter the club and turned out pretty well. Great example is this hole that is my nemesis. Short par-4 that's just a slow, steady dogleg left with trees all down the right that doesn't fit my shot shape at all. It's the 3rd easiest hole on the course but the one I play the least. Swallowed a ton of pride and hit a 7 iron off the tee into the middle of the fairway, then another 7 in, two putted for par. 

• Like 7

Driver: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi2 9.0* w/ Tensei blue stiff shaft // 3 Wood: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg TSi3 15* Tensei white stiff shaft

Hybrid: default_taylormade-small.jpg.e85cafcb95032f919dfafeb5fd18ac1e.jpg GAPR Hi 3h

Irons: default_titelist-small.jpg.af6c79e031d0a7016fffa91ce0212512.jpg T300 4-PW + 48* & 53*w/ KBS tour stiff

Wedge: default_cleveland-small.jpg.5931429dde47ec5093bb94bc9d38f8b5.jpg CBX2 58*10

Putter: KS1

Ball: Srixon Z-star // Bag: default_ping-small.jpg.2da16be6ff3360b3177f4439c6c6288b.jpg DLX

Friday Bacon Boyz 😱. Have no idea what I shot for the 9, maybe 4 over.  It was one of those chirping, BB, laugh mornings.  It was a great time with some golf added.

Breakfast was 12 Senior guys once again solving the world’s problems!!  

• Like 8

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Shot 49/45:85 today at Pebble Creek.

Got into some trouble on 16, 17 & 18. Penalties on 26 & 18….😩

Flat stick was extraordinary today, making putts from everywhere.

• Like 9

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*) & 5-6W(20*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft 

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

Got a quick round in early this morning in between rounds of thunderstorms (damn I hate cart path only golf!)

The course was really wet after several days of rain so I wasn’t getting any roll out at all.. The only good news with that as you could really go at flags because the ball was sticking on all the greens. I’ve really been struggling with getting the club stuck behind me especially on shorter irons And hitting a lot of short, right fat shots. I’ve worked hitting some balls into the net in the garage the last several days really trying to extend my trail arm as far as I could straight back to keep from getting the club too far inside and creating more space for my downswing. It feels kind of awkward but the results seem to be there because I really didn’t have more than one or two shots that I felt stuck on today.

i’m continuing to hit my driver pretty good hitting on 11 out of 13 fairways and because I was able to really attack some of the flags with short irons, I ended up only having 30 putts for the round.

43 + 41 = 84 

first sub 85 round in awhile 

• Like 8

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

79 (+7) today 

Driver and putter were on fire but struggled with my short pitches and chips. My bunker play is the worst it’s been in years. Need to find somewhere to practice it. 

• Like 9

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1

2 hours ago, TBT said:

Got a quick round in early this morning in between rounds of thunderstorms (damn I hate cart path only golf!)

The course was really wet after several days of rain so I wasn’t getting any roll out at all.. The only good news with that as you could really go at flags because the ball was sticking on all the greens. I’ve really been struggling with getting the club stuck behind me especially on shorter irons And hitting a lot of short, right fat shots. I’ve worked hitting some balls into the net in the garage the last several days really trying to extend my trail arm as far as I could straight back to keep from getting the club too far inside and creating more space for my downswing. It feels kind of awkward but the results seem to be there because I really didn’t have more than one or two shots that I felt stuck on today.

i’m continuing to hit my driver pretty good hitting on 11 out of 13 fairways and because I was able to really attack some of the flags with short irons, I ended up only having 30 putts for the round.

43 + 41 = 84 

first sub 85 round in awhile 

Bro, keep up those type of rounds and your handicap will be coming down in no time.  Also, do you start your take away with your arms or legs/hips?  If you try with the hips moving before the arms, that should help with not bringing the club too far inside.  But, I'm not a teacher and my handicap isn't much better, so maybe don't listen to me. 🤣

• Like 2
  • In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 6-way
  • :cobra-small: King F9 set to 9*, Tour length Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0 S-flex, with GolfPride MCC +4 mid-size
  • image.png.27e1496834233542c5d124bf8b9e3352.png3W - 13*, UST Mamiya 65 Gold S-flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :taylormade-small: SIM UDI 2-iron - 18*, Mitsubishi Diamana Thump 100 X-flex, with GolfPride MCC Align
  • :srixon-small: ZX5 4-5 & ZX7 6-PW, :Nippon: Modus3 120 Tour S-flex, +1/2", with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: - SM8 Tour Chrome, 50.08F - 54.10S - 58.12D, DG Wedge Flex, with GolfPride Tour Wrap 2G
  • :EVNROLL: Custom Fit 35" ER6 Red at 68 degree lie angle and 4 degrees of loft
  • :Snell: MTB-X            :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro Slope             Tracked by :Arccos:         #WPS 🐗

1 minute ago, M. Parsons said:

Bro, keep up those type of rounds and your handicap will be coming down in no time.  Also, do you start your take away with your arms or legs/hips?  If you try with the hips moving before the arms, that should help with not bringing the club too far inside.  But, I'm not a teacher and my handicap isn't much better, so maybe don't listen to me. 🤣

I appreciate it. That’s one of the things I’ve been really working on is trying to start my backswing by moving my hips and rotating my body instead of pulling back with my hands and arms.

• Like 3

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

4 minutes ago, M. Parsons said:

... There are many ways to swing a golf club and in the end what works successfully for you is all that counts. Add to that, often what we think or feel we are doing is not what we are doing and that further complicates things. That said, ideally you want to swing the club head first in the takeaway and last in the down swing. In simple turns you are winding up from the club head to your feet, then unwinding the chain from your feet to the club head. If you think of your body like a spring, you want too wind up the spring from the outside in and then let it unwind from the inside out. It is a kinetic chain and the simpler the better. But again, as long as you are getting the contact/flight you want, whatever works for any individual is always best. Like Arnie said "Swing your swing." 

• Like 6

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM2 Max 10.5* ... Tensei Raw Blue 60R
Fairway:  TaylorMade SIM2 Max 15* ... Tensei Raw Blue 65R
                 Cobra SZ 18.5* ... Even Flow 75R
Utility:   TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
              Taylor Made Sim Hybrid 22* ... Diamana Limited 75R
Irons:    4-Pw Cobra King Tour MIM ... Steelfiber 95R
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 50* ... Steelfiber 95R
                 Vokey SM8 58* ... Steelfiber 95R
Putter:  Cleveland Hunting Beach Soft 11S 33.5"
Ball:      TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

79 (+7) today 

Driver and putter were on fire but struggled with my short pitches and chips. My bunker play is the worst it’s been in years. Need to find somewhere to practice it. 

Why bother practice when you can just wait for the MIM wedges to arrive and instantly fix your problems? 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

Friday Bacon Boyz 😱. Have no idea what I shot for the 9, maybe 4 over.  It was one of those chirping, BB, laugh mornings.  It was a great time with some golf added.

I'm beginning to wonder about that 15 handicap you've got listed in your profile...awful lot of 3 and 4 over 9 hole rounds you keep telling us about with the Bacon Boyz 😄 😄  Remind me not to have a Nassau with you, you shark!  LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree set to +1, Aldila Extreme Green 55 gram R shaft 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M4 3W (16.5*) 5W (21*) 7W (24*) -- stock R shafts.

Irons: :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBSTour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52,56, 60 degree wedges

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

On 5/20/2021 at 4:47 PM, CarlH said:

oh to be young again....lol

Agreed!  And a nice Professor Dumbledore quote.  😂

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... There are many ways to swing a golf club and in the end what works successfully for you is all that counts. Add to that, often what we think or feel we are doing is not what we are doing and that further complicates things. That said, ideally you want to swing the club head first in the takeaway and last in the down swing. In simple turns you are winding up from the club head to your feet, then unwinding the chain from your feet to the club head. If you think of your body like a spring, you want too wind up the spring from the outside in and then let it unwind from the inside out. It is a kinetic chain and the simpler the better. But again, as long as you are getting the contact/flight you want, whatever works for any individual is always best. Like Arnie said "Swing your swing." 

My swing feels like an unfolding lawn chair.  🙄

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, gavinski91 said:

Why bother practice when you can just wait for the MIM wedges to arrive and instantly fix your problems? 😂

I’ve shanked a green side bunker shot in each of my last two rounds. If only the snake bite wedges had full hosel grooves I would have gone with them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50F - 54S - 59D
:EVNROLL: ER1v
:titelist-small: ProV1

7 hours ago, Rickp said:

I hope you solved mine!  See post above ^

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

So... I finally got to play today up on Long Island. It’s been a while, and it was great to play with guys I grew up with and don’t get to see very often anymore.

We played a course called Rock Hill. It’s not really a pristine course, but it’s fairly challenging (127 from the whites, around 6100 yards). It’s a bit of an adjustment playing bent grass as opposed to Bermuda, but I think the bent makes the game easier for a player at my level, as the ball sits up pretty nicely.

The ball seems to carry and roll out more up here than down south, and it’s always an adjustment the first round or two. I scuffled a bit on the “easier” front 9, putting up a 45, but played well (for me) on the back with a 41.

All in all it was great to be out there ona beautiful day, and we’re playing again tomorrow on a phenomenal course. I can’t wait!
One sobering note...  my PXG irons are giving me fits. I’ll give them a few more rounds, but if things don’t improve, they’ll be sold and I’ll put my old Rogue X’s back in the bag.
The 0211’s are a beautiful set of irons, but I’m having doubts about how good my over the phone fitting actually was. I’m not blaming their rep, he was very helpful. I just think a “remote” fitting is a bit of a crap shoot. Mine is looking like a miss right now.

Edited by Grand Stranded
  • Like 8

:callaway-small:   Epic Max 9* Cypher
 :taylormade-small: M6 15* & 18* Atmos

:callaway-small:  Super Hybrid 20* (+1*) Recoil ESX 460 

:callaway-small:  Rogue X 5-AW Synergy

:callaway-small:  Mack Daddy CB 50* & 56* Synergy

:scotty-small:    Newport 2.0 33.5"

:yes-small:    Tracy 33.5”

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5+