MmmmmmBuddy

How'd you play?

Out in Vegas still for work since I can't get back to the east coast with the weather.  Got hooked up for an executive tour of Wynn and Encore today and got out on the course to play three holes.  Two pars and a bogey is not too bad in dress shoes and a dress shirt and I was out on a course that was not covered in snow.  Was almost better than getting to drive a Challenger Hellcat around Vegas yesterday.

• Like 1

Out in Vegas still for work since I can't get back to the east coast with the weather.  Got hooked up for an executive tour of Wynn and Encore today and got out on the course to play three holes.  Two pars and a bogey is not too bad in dress shoes and a dress shirt and I was out on a course that was not covered in snow.  Was almost better than getting to drive a Challenger Hellcat around Vegas yesterday.

I'm not sure which one I'm more jealous of; getting to play at Wynn or driving the Hellcat. I think... Yes, it's the Hellcat. Awesome!

So here is the story. I am out in Vegas for work and I go to see are architect for a meeting yesterday and he just got a Hellcat. I told him after the meeting that I needed the keys and he flipped them to me and said have fun. My Charger is 400+ HP and this thing puts it to shame. As a bonus today he let take a cruise on his 1951 fully restored Indian. He is just a giver....but then again for what I pay him he should be.

Also, the "launch" feature on the Hellcat is scary as heck.

• Like 3

Just make sure that Hellcat isn't leaking fuel...recall for every one sold.

So here is the story. I am out in Vegas for work and I go to see are architect for a meeting yesterday and he just got a Hellcat. I told him after the meeting that I needed the keys and he flipped them to me and said have fun. My Charger is 400+ HP and this thing puts it to shame. As a bonus today he let take a cruise on his 1951 fully restored Indian. He is just a giver....but then again for what I pay him he should be.

which color keys did he give you is the question ??????

The Hellcat is one scary mamajama.   I prefer my CTS-V though  

• Like 1

I got the red fob and really not sure why they even give you the black fob.

right.....

you can control the HP by programming it.  One thing that they could have done better,  Bigger tires, I kept breaking traction when I gave a Hell Cat a whirl,  I do like the launch mode too.....

Agree on the tires and the owner had already put some wider tires on the back two days after he bought it.

Temps hit 50, so I hit the range. It was glorious. Plus, I finally picked up a SLDR 430. Hit it pretty good. I am happier than a fat kid eating fudge.

• Like 3

I have a Corvette Z06 and I won't even try against those, unless lots of corners are involved...

• Like 1

Headed out today with the Paderson shaft in the driver.

My goal last year was to break 70, didn't do it, but I shot 70 twice.

Well yesterday I shot a 74 with three 3 putts and today it finally happened. 69 for the first time in my life!

It took two chip ins for birdie, but hey I'm counting it!

• Like 4

Hey!  I get another shot at Wine Valley GC on Monday, all expenses paid, courtesy of my brother-in-law. However, there is no cart girl on Mondays.   :(    Weather is supposed to be 70 and sunshine!!!  

Quote from the "Hardest Courses" thread, I played Wine Valley GC yesterday.  This course is a U.S. Open local qualifier on May 12.  They need to do some work on getting it in shape, particularly the bunkers.  I say that because I had 6 shots out of them!  They need more sand now.   :blush:

Beautiful day!  77 degrees, sunny.  It was a tale of two nines.  They started us on #10 and maybe that was what screwed me up; I had a lot of mis-hits.  It could have been that this was my first round of the year playing in just a golf shirt.  I have been playing in 3 layers.  I don't normally hit bunkers, but it seemed that the ball just wanted to go that way, and anything close to a bunker went in (see the pics of the course from the Hardest Courses thread).  The fairways are firm and fast and play like the Open Championship.  I shot 47 on the first nine.  Then the wind came up and I shot 39 on the second nine.  So, maybe this year's game is coming around?

• Like 1

There is a muni in town where I started playing golf about 23 years ago. Needless to say, I was a terrible player for quite awhile. In the gangsome I was always the last pick (... "and you can have Kenny" is usually how it went). After playing a wicked slice for too long, I decided to take a lesson; novel, I know, but I was desperate. The pro was a little strange, but in just a few lessons, I improved to about a bogey golfer. So, why am I writing this here?

Well, I haven't played that course in a long, long time (long story), and I get a call yesterday from that pro asking if I wanted to join him and another guy I knew from way back when for a round today. I thought, well nothing going on at work that needs immediate attention; it's overcast and 70 degrees; why not!

The course is a par 70 and the best round I have ever had on it was 82 about 10 years ago. Today I shot 77 and missed a par putt on 18 to tie the pro. So I'm stoked!! It's been years since I have played with this pro, but after the round today, I feel that I now have a chance to finally beat him!

• Like 1

Nice round Kenny.  I finally hit balls! First time in two months!

Glad you could finally get out to play. I lived in DC for a year a long time ago. The winter was mild, but the summer was HOT! Too humid for me; had to go back to the desert.

Good luck this year in your tournaments!

• Like 1

I played ok, until it started to rain, hard. We left after 7, but I did make a birdie so I wasn't all that bad

I played like horrid thru the first 13, then par, back to back birdies, and parred out.

Flog

Terrible tennis elbow is beginning to really hamper my game

Temps hit 77, so of course I went hiking with my wife. No golf today. Happy wife, happy life. Maybe next weekend.

Didnt actually play a round. Went to the Ledbetter Training center here in town. $15 and you can hit all day. Nice facility, putting green, chip and pitch green, Wedge play driving rannge with two target greens about 60 and 80 yards out and finally the driving range with markers out to 300 yards (not like I needed them).

Overcast today in Austin but decent temps.

Had some of the rust i expected from not hitting in a while. knocked some of it off. Some of it seems it wouldnt come off with a grinder.

On a positive note, I believe I have found my soloution to accuracy and target line issues I have been having:

Out on the Driving Range, slapped at a ball with my 3 hybrid. For the first time EVER i hit the cart guy as he was sweeping the range. I will admit, I now understand why people shoot at the cart now. So for the hell of it, I actually tried to hit him on thenext shot and grazed it right off the top of the cart. For the next 6 balls, i hit directly or bounced into the cart guy as he made his rounds, oblivious to the sheer joy he was bringing me at that moment.

When the last ball i hit hm with just barely grazed the end of the ball hoppers on the back, I remembered what the guy who gave me my first lesson said:"Always try to end on a good ball."

Thats just what i did.

• Like 3

Wow! Wish we had a practice facility where we could hit ball all day. I have to use my 9-hole practice course for that and dodge the newbies (I was going to say "old guys", but that describes me too). The practice facilities at this course are crap, so I go out on the course and pick my own practice areas. I can only do this at times when the course is relatively empty.

• Like 1