TESTERS WANTED! ×

How'd you play?

MmmmmmBuddy

Just could not get the putts to fall today. So many putts that were near misses and too many 3 putts on the front nine. Overall a decent round but could have been so much better. Was really hitting off the tee really good today. The one triple was an unnecessary 3 wood hooked into the water. IMG_0921.jpeg.45996db9904e48f8896b99d110715943.jpeg

6 hours ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Morning sir,

I wish I was going to be around,  I'd love to get together for a quick 18.  Unfortunately, I will be on the Big Island that week.  30 year anniversary trip.  Next time??

Sure!!  Congratulations!  Enjoy the Big Island... been a long time since I was there.  Loved it!  Last trip to Hawaii was to Maui and played Kapalua Plantation.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 minutes ago, Byrnzee said:

I've been going through some swing changes this year and it hasn't been easy. A lot of people say it gets worse before it gets better. Today felt like the first step in the right direction. Was striking the ball well all day and had my lowest score of the year. Hoping to keep playing consistent and reach my goal of being a single handicap by the end of the year. For anyone else going through swing changes, keep your head up and trust the process!

... Good stuff. When I taught I always had my student simply walk 10 feet, then turn and walk back about 10 feet. Then I would give them instructions "make sure you heel hits the ground first with your toes at least a 30% angle up, increase your stride by 6" only and make absolutely sure you knee doesn't straighten completely. Now ... walk 10 feet and back and do all those things I just described". They either couldn't even start or they walked very slowly and disjointedly. "That's what changing your swing is like. You can't think about walking and walk smoothly at the same time. Same is true for your golf swing. Until we can engrain new movements one at a time and you no longer have to think about what you are doing, it will be difficult. And yes, most likely you will get worse before you start getting better. But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel!" 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Had my best round yet yesterday. Shot a 76 at my local muni (6200 yards, 123 slope.) Amazingly, I only hit 5 fairways and 6 GIR. My short game and putting saved me. Only 23 putts and that was on already iffy greens that had been punched the day before and were a total crapshoot. I had zero expectations for the day and didn't even pay attention to my score...and that's always when things go well. Expectations are a score killer.

Proud lefty

Mizuno JPX-921 irons (6-PW) | Ping G425 5-hybrid | Ping G425 Max Driver, Ping G425 3, 5 & 7 woods

Lazarus Wedges (52, 56, 60) | Scotty Cameron Futura X putter

14 minutes ago, Cole I said:

Played yesterday and shot a 79 for the first time! it has been a goal of mine for a long time! I think starting to play a consistent ball and using the same grips on all my clubs really helped. 

Congrats on breaking 80! Next stop, 70

WITB:

D: TBD ??? 🤔

3w: :callaway-small: Paradym ♦️♦️♦️15° Hzrdus 6.0

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

4u:   :titleist-small:  T200 Utility Build 24° Hzrdus 6.0

5i:  :titleist-small: T200 25° Recoil 110 f4

6i-PW: :srixon-small: Z 765 28°-46° N.S Pro 1050 gh S

50°:   :vokey-small:SM-8 

54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: Toulon Designs Atlanta

Ball:  :callaway-small: Chrome Tour X

Bag:  Jones Trouper R stand bag 

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

17 minutes ago, Cole I said:

Played yesterday and shot a 79 for the first time! it has been a goal of mine for a long time! I think starting to play a consistent ball and using the same grips on all my clubs really helped. 

way to go, that is a milestone for certain, 

committed to performance excellence

On 8/4/2023 at 5:35 PM, Sluggo42 said:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/01ffjIeeb917y1SCJRIovulbg

lemme know if it works or not?

thanks

Yes! Nice setup! And a good sim, very realistic.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Played the last two days and really playing some good golf.

33 / 40: 73 Island Point 

36 / 37 : 73 Gettysvue 

Still on the hunt for a sub 70 round. Only did it once before, and feel I am getting close. Data tracking and metrics have really helped identify areas for growth.

Driver: :callaway-small:  Epic Max LX
Fairway:  :titelist-small: TSi3
Hybrid:  
image.png.a33451d0fe433de01b81fccc7a6c97a3.png Stealth 2; 3 hybrid
Irons:  
image.png.a33451d0fe433de01b81fccc7a6c97a3.png P770 (P-7) P790 (6-4)
Wedge: :titelist-small: SM8 50, 54, 58 Tour Chrome
Putter:   :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar
Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x (ProV1x Left Dash)

Congrats @Cole I!   Well done!   I hope to match you very soon.  Great job!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (UST Mimaya MP5 40-L Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

2 hours ago, Cole I said:

Congrats Cole! Keep at it 

Driver: :callaway-small:  Epic Max LX
Fairway:  :titelist-small: TSi3
Hybrid:  
image.png.a33451d0fe433de01b81fccc7a6c97a3.png Stealth 2; 3 hybrid
Irons:  
image.png.a33451d0fe433de01b81fccc7a6c97a3.png P770 (P-7) P790 (6-4)
Wedge: :titelist-small: SM8 50, 54, 58 Tour Chrome
Putter:   :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar
Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x (ProV1x Left Dash)

2 hours ago, Cole I said:

Nice round. Congrats on breaking 80.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

20 hours ago, chisag said:

... Good stuff. When I taught I always had my student simply walk 10 feet, then turn and walk back about 10 feet. Then I would give them instructions "make sure you heel hits the ground first with your toes at least a 30% angle up, increase your stride by 6" only and make absolutely sure you knee doesn't straighten completely. Now ... walk 10 feet and back and do all those things I just described". They either couldn't even start or they walked very slowly and disjointedly. "That's what changing your swing is like. You can't think about walking and walk smoothly at the same time. Same is true for your golf swing. Until we can engrain new movements one at a time and you no longer have to think about what you are doing, it will be difficult. And yes, most likely you will get worse before you start getting better. But there is always a light at the end of the tunnel!" 

so true, and take it from a guy who changes his swing as often as he changes his undies...

One change that is finally taking root is to have my backswing left arm go straight back, rather than wrap behind me. I call it "arm up". There are many different things that happen, but I can only think about one thing, and have to trust the rest will happen, if I can just follow ONE change. Its starting to pay off the last few weeks with numerous good rounds. ONE thought, for weeks upon weeks...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

2 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

so true, and take it from a guy who changes his swing as often as he changes his undies...

One change that is finally taking root is to have my backswing left arm go straight back, rather than wrap behind me. I call it "arm up". There are many different things that happen, but I can only think about one thing, and have to trust the rest will happen, if I can just follow ONE change. Its starting to pay off the last few weeks with numerous good rounds. ONE thought, for weeks upon weeks...

... Great to hear Sluggo and it's so nice when it works! What usually happens with every golfer is sooner or later we begin to over do the change. This is one of the reasons Pro's have swing coaches to catch them before it become a problem. I love watching a Tour on the range and his coach moves his hands at address about 1/2" up or down. If left unchecked those hands might continue to creep over time. For us am's it is usually a pendulum effect where we go too far in one direction and then correct and over time go too far in the other direction. But when we are in-between, magic happens.  Everything goes so fast with so many moving parts it is impossible to own the same swing day in and day out, but the player that institutes a change that stays with them is really priceless.

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Played today and had the potential for a very good score.  Very hot and humid, and including range warm up, I changed to my 4th glove on the 10 tee.  

Front 9:  6/7 FIRs and 4 GIRs.  Mix of some very good shots and a few just misses.  Shot 40 with 5 pars, 4 bogies - no doubles and no 3 putts, 2 one putts.  The 2 one putts the result of very good approaches that just missed the green so GIRs we’re still better than my 39% avg.

Back 9:  tee #10 shot went about 75 yards, and driver head about 73 yards. Callaway Fusion Driver with a UST Recoil 450 ES F3, and the break happened in the middle of the adapter.  Hoping and praying it can be repaired as 1) I love this driver (84% FIRs, avg carry of 215, 2250 spin with avg 94.2 SS;  2) I just replaced all of my other clubs with no intention of replacing the driver; 3) driving to MI one week from tomorrow (Mon) with plans to play. The nxt 2 holes I moved up one tee box and used my new 5w, then on #12, the lightning sirens sounded.

If my shaft can’t be reused, any suggestions on a replacement?  The one that broke is no longer available and UST no longer makes Recoils for woods.  It’s 56g with mid-high launch. 5.7* torque. 

Edited by GaryF

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

@GaryF regarding the shaft, you may want to check out Callaway Pre Owned site and see if they may have one.

If they do, and you get it, and then the other is repairable, you will have a spare and no worries if it would happen again.

Just my thoughts............................

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

10 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

@GaryF regarding the shaft, you may want to check out Callaway Pre Owned site and see if they may have one.

If they do, and you get it, and then the other is repairable, you will have a spare and no worries if it would happen again.

Just my thoughts............................

Great idea, thank you!

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour

52 minutes ago, FallenSaber said:

Overall, not my best 9 holes. Hitting from the tee box absolutely killed me. Even when I dropped from the driver to my usually trusty 3 wood, I couldn't seem to make good connection, except for 1 hole where I got decent connection and 214 yards out of it. What saved my round was my 5 iron. Before, I was maxing out at about 160/165 with it but today, I was knocking it 175-180. I feel like my iron game has improved a lot recently and I've consistently added 10-20 yards over my prior averages. My hybrids are confusing me because the ball just seems to die in the air. It was also a clouds and humid morning on the course.20230806_072134.jpg.1c59e25718d99382c82a092e87557bc3.jpgScreenshot_20230806_062156_TheGrint.jpg.d6850d2638decbb1445ba4c5ca4960db.jpgScreenshot_20230806_070550_TheGrint.jpg.1dc21cef1c5c9e5cc017abe6538b6b1b.jpgScreenshot_20230806_092715_Gmail.jpg.efe5e84ef26e010d41d5aab15b3c0ba0.jpg

What shaft is in the hybrids?  Spin issue?

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

Only got 7 holes recorded in Arccos before we got rained on, but had another great day on approach.

Not a great day off the tee, good ones were good but the misses were big and costly.

Still a fun day out with my brother-in-laws.

Screenshot_20230806_204729.jpg

Dr: :taylormade-small: Stealth 10.5°

Woods: :taylormade-small: M4 - 3W 15°, 5W 18°

4i-PW: MacGregor MT86 OS

50.08F/54.10S/60.08M: :vokey-small:

Pu: :ping-small: Ketsch Counter Balance

Ball: :Snell: MTB Prime

Pushcart: :Clicgear: 4.0

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V6 Shift

Other: :Arccos:

Today's round can best be described as soggy. It started raining on the first tee and didn't stop the whole time we were there. Got through 7 holes before it was too much to play through. I had five pars, a double, and a bogey to sit +3 through 7. Don't feel too bad about it considering the conditions.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

3 hours ago, DoubleBogeyDad said:

Only got 7 holes recorded in Arccos before we got rained on, but had another great day on approach.

Not a great day off the tee, good ones were good but the misses were big and costly.

Still a fun day out with my brother-in-laws.

Screenshot_20230806_204729.jpg

I feel you on the misses. I missed 6 of 7 today and they were bad, not including the par 3s.

SoCalJoe

Livin that San Diego Life

Another up and down round. 9 over playing off 7, which seems to be what I do now. 2 over after 3 then played the next 6 holes in 1 under. Should have have been 1 less after flushing a 7 iron to 2 feet on the 8th hole. I missed the putt whilst thinking about finally winning the “golden shot” Thankfully I did and it was worth $164 which eased the pain of missing the putt somewhat. Another flushed 7 iron cost me after a wrong yardage meant I flew the green. Putted well, short game was pretty solid. Finished the round by lipping out bunker shot. Probably my best shot of the day, ball was plugged in the face. Popped up beautifully and looked in until the last 6 inches. Tap in for par wasn’t what I was expecting as I walked in to the bunker.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy